Lets face it! Not everyone has the deep pockets to buy expensive fitness equipment. But staying fit is also important. Luckily, the dumbbell market has a lot of products that can suite your needs and also fall in to your budget. In this article, I would share the best dumbbells under $200 (in my opinion) to get you started with your fitness goals.
- Review: Best Adjustable Dumbbells Under $200
- (2) PowerBlock Dumbbell Set
- (3) Gold’s Gym Adjustable Dumbbells
- Yes4All Adjustable Dumbbells 40, 50, 52.5 , 60, 105 to 200 lbs Review
- Yes4All Adjustable Dumbbells Specs And Details
- What I Love About The Yes4All Adjustable Dumbbells
- What I Do NOT Like About The Yes4All Adjustable Dumbbells
- The Practical Details Of Buying These Yes4All Adjustable Dumbbells
- My Final 56 Words On The Adjustable Yes4All Dumbbells
- Yes4All Adjustable Dumbbell Weight Set for Fitness Sold in Pair 40 to 200 lbs
- ECO Iron 40lb Adjustable Dumbbell Set with Carrying Case | Marcy ADS-42
- Create Wishlist
Review: Best Adjustable Dumbbells Under $200
The Bayou fitness adjustable dumbbells (50 pounds) are one of the best equipments available in the market. You can use this Bayou Fitness Adjustable Dumbbells Reviewequipment for your arms, abs, legs, chest, and shoulders. One of the best aspects of this product is that you can easily alter the weight of this equipment.
Over the years, there has been drastic rise in the demand for these dumbbells. Thanks to its reasonable pricing, the demand for this product is on a constant rise. Another reason for the rise in the demand for this product is because of the various schemes offered by the manufacturers of this product. For instance, you can buy a used dumbbell at a price lesser than its actual price. Additionally, the manufacturers are also offering 30 days refund option. These offers increase the demand as buyer is inclined to buy the product. (Also see our previous review on Ironmaster Quick-Lock Adjustable Dumbbell)
Individuals who have used this product have only positive things to say about it. Since there’s least possibility of any safety hazards, so people have no fear while using this product. The aggressive marketing on Internet as well as television by the product manufacturers has helped in increasing the sales of this product. CLICK HERE to see all the Bayou Fitness Adjustable Dumbbells Products
Some positive facets of Bayou Fitness Adjustable dumbbells (50 pounds):
If you buy a dumbbell of 50 pounds, but after a few months, you require higher category weight equipment, then there is no need to buy new dumbbells, as you can easily increase or decrease weight categories of this product.
The versatile nature of this product makes it easier to use.
The grips of this dumbbell are easy to handle. Additionally, there are remote chances of their slipping due to sweat on your palm.
This weight equipment is tailor-made for safe and comfortable usage.
50 pounds weights might be available at just $150, so it won’t make a significant hole in your pocket. Here, you need to remember that despite being low priced, this product doesn’t compromise when it comes to quality. All the important parts/pieces of this dumbbell are made up of metal, which makes it stand out from the rest in the market.
Easily movable pins make it easier to make weight changes. In order to make weight changes, you just need to pull up the spring and move in a new weight. Since, it’s small, so you won’t face any difficulty while storing this dumbbell.
Negative aspects of Bayou Fitness Adjustable Dumbbells (50 pounds):
Every product has both positive and negative aspects, and this is also applicable in case of this weight equipment. The stand of this dumbbell is sticky and there might be instances wherein you will notice that the dumbbell makes clattering sound, which might be irritating for some individuals.
The Bayou fitness adjustable dumbbells (50 pounds) are a must have, especially if you are a fitness freak. If you are having this dumbbell, then you don’t need to spend money on gym fees, as your home will turn into a mini-gym.
Building a perfect body is everyone’s dream. One such method for body building is by using weights and dumbbells. Among the different dumbbells available, here we are reviewing the PowerBlock Dumbbell set. The PowerBlock dumbbell set is a concept introduced by Greg Olsen and Carl Towley. They are the founders of Intellbell Inc. This has certain advantages over the other conventional dumbbells. In this set, the time required to change the weights are very less compared to other dumbbells. This also decreases the space and cost than the old fashioned standard dumbbells.
PowerBlock Dumbbell Set – Design
The PowerBlock design typically consists of three pieces. First one is the core. The core is basically the internal handle. It sits inside the first weight piece and the subsequent weights are included on top of that weight like that of concentric circles.
The second one is the weight. The weights are similar to the adjustable weight machine and is included on top of the core. The weight of the core is five pounds and each weight adds ten pounds to the core.
The third one is the selector pin. It is a metal rod that slides between the weight plates. So when you are lifting up the dumbbell set only the weights above the selector pins can get lifted up. In normal rest condition of the dumbbell the pin is placed at the middle of the weights. You can move it to the left or right to to increase and decrease the weights. The dumbbell set also has adder weights that help you increase the weight of the dumbbell. Each adder weight adds 2.5 pounds to the dumbbell.
If you look closely you may feel that the core may not be able to withstand the weights. But the core is made from a material that is strong but light at the same time. The core has a weight of only 5 lbs. In the Powerblock dumbbells the weights can be adjusted more easily compared to the others.
As a safety requirement the dumbbell also has magnets to prevent slippage of any weights from its position and cause any damage. The dumbbells also provide wrist support which is not present in other dumbbells. So these PowerBlock dumbbells also take care of the security issues so that no untoward incident occurs while you are using it.
The PowerBlock dumbbells are for those who are interested in body building and want to get to a perfect body shape. If you cannot find time to go to the gym, then this is the perfect equipment since you can use this product at the comforts of your home.
Choice is important when choosing any product. Flexibility in use is also a big add-on for almost anything with a price tag. In those areas the Gold’s Gym Switch Plate 100-lb Dumbbells definitely over excel.
This set of dumbbells and stand allows you to adjust the weights according to the level of your workout. You can choose between ten pounds or up to 50 pounds per dumbbell, all by simply turning a knob. Whether your pumping for a cardio work out or looking into putting on some severe rips for your body, the flexibility that this set allows can fit into your workout.
The set could definitely conform to any small area in your gym, a nook in your closet or a space in your attic. This product is definitely a great add on to any gym, whether home based or even a membership based gym. The fact that it is so portable and easy to set-up makes it possible for you to work out on the beach, the park, your office, or even when you go out on outings with friends or family. Gold’s Gym’s dumbbells makes it easy for you to achieve a ripped body wherever you go.
The body and make is very solid. It doesn’t feel cheap and plasticky, unlike some dumbbells that have adjustable weights. And so far, in the several months and weeks that I’ve been using it, it not only looks cheap but is very durable. The stand and dumbbells still look like they’re new after receiving several hours per day of use and abuse from my intense workouts.
Having a free stand is definitely a big bonus. Aside from holding the weights that you are not using it also helps reduce the clutter if you have a home gym and helps reduce the risk that you bump your toe into it while working out. Ergonomic and comfortable hand grips also increase safety and ease of use and is another plus.
This set of dumbbells are actually the only ones that I use right now. I gave away my old set of individual dumbbells since owning this set is enough for my day to day workouts. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who uses dumbbells daily and for anyone who wants to work out. Whether it’s cardio-training or strength-training, Gold’s Gym Switch Plate 100-lb Dumbbells can definitely do the job for you and more. My friends are actually asking me if they could borrow them.
Yes4All Adjustable Dumbbells 40, 50, 52.5 , 60, 105 to 200 lbs Review
The Yes4All adjustable dumbbells are what you would normally think of as a mini barbell. This design allows you to unscrew the ends of your dumbbells so that you can manually load more weight onto either end of them.
What we really like about this particular dumbbell set is that it allows you to load up to 100 pounds total on both dumbbells. They are a little more affordable than other adjustable dumbbell sets that load and unload from their stands, and allow you to load more weight onto the handles.
Durable Chrome Handles
This dumbbell set is equipped with durable chrome handles. They can be thrown around in any environment and taking a beating during your weightlifting sessions and still be able to come back for more.
Come in a Variety of Different Sized Sets
One of the other great features that we like about this particular dumbbell sets is that they can be great for all levels of weight lifters, and they give you plenty of room to grow. They come in different handle sizes and sets that can hold
- 40 pounds
- 50 pounds
- 52.5 pounds
- 60 pounds
- 105 pounds
- and 200 pounds.
Note that these weight totals are for both dumbbells totaled together, which means that these sets scales from two 20 pound dumbbells to two 100 pound dumbbells.
Hold up to 100 pounds on each handle
This is by far one of the heaviest lifting dumbbell sets in this review. The heaviest set of dumbbells offered by Yes4All go up to 100 pounds in each handle, which make this dumbbell set ideal for heavy lifters.
Can be Scaled in Increments of 2.5 and 5 pounds
Another great aspect that we liked of the Yes4All dumbbells is that they can be loaded and unloaded in increments of 2.5 or 5 pounds. That makes these dumbbells great for novice lifters (or heavy lifters) who need to incrementally bump or lower their weights.
Threaded Collars and Handles
The threaded collars and handles on these dumbbells are another plus. Screwing the ends of these dumbbells on tightly will make sure that your weights don’t fall off or jiggle around while you are working out.
- Threaded collars and handles that hold weights firmly and securely
- Dumbbells that hold up to 100 pounds on each handle which is great for heavy weightlifters
- Dumbbells that can adjust in increments of 2.5 or 5 pounds to allow for gradual weight bumps or drops, which is great for novice to experienced weight lifters
- Durable, textured, cast iron, solid chrome handles that are easy to grip and hold onto
- Not the most comfortable handles in the world. These will build up your calluses.
- This is not an adjustable dumbbell set that sits on a stand and allows you to use a pin or slide selector to change your weight.
- You are going to need to find space to store your plates, since this dumbbell set does not have a stand or build in carrying system.
- Takes a little more time to change your weights.
Q: Can I buy additional weights to load more weight onto these dumbbells?
A: Yes, but make sure they have a large enough hole to fit onto your dumbbells.
Q: Will the weights wobble around while you are using these dumbbells?
A: Not at all. The threaded collars make the weights fit tight on the handles.
>>> See More Questions and Answers <<<
Other than the storage issue that comes with having a lot of plates for these dumbbells without a stand to hold them, these dumbbells are awesome, durable, and have a lot to offer.
The other major factor that we really liked about these dumbbells, is that they are significantly cheaper than adjustable dumbbell sets with stands. Overall, we would give this adjustable dumbbell set a 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Buy Yes4All Adjustable Dumbbells on Amazon, Now!
The Yes4All Adjustable Dumbbells do what they were made to do very well: be heavy and be adjustable. And, these adjustable Yes4All dumbbells accomplish both of these tasks at a very friendly price. Depending upon your needs, these Yes4All adjustable dumbbells might be the best adjustable dumbbells for YOU!
2,733 Reviews on Amazon
Buy on Amazon
Amazon offers the pair of Yes4All adjustable dumbbells in a variety of weights: eight pounds, 40 pounds, 50 pounds, 52.5 pounds, 60 pounds, and 105 pounds. None of these sets cost more than $99. Making these sets of adjustable Yes4All dumbbells even more significant is that the dumbbell handles have a 1.25-inch diameter, which is a standard sizing that means that you will be able to easily find and buy additional weight plates for them as you grow stronger and stronger!
Yes4All Adjustable Dumbbells Specs And Details
At their core, these adjustable Yes4All dumbbells are a couple of chrome handles, a selection of cast iron weight plates, and four chrome spin-on lock collars.
- Yes4All Adjustable Dumbbell Handles are chrome finished with a textured ergonomic grip. To my hands, these handles feel very secure and natural when I am lifting them. And their diameter is small enough the fit comfortably in my fist while also being large enough to not press too deep into the flesh of my fingers or palm. They weigh four pounds.
- Yes4All Adjustable Weight Plates are cast iron. However, they have a smooth, clean finish that protects them from wear and rust. The 40-pound set comes with four five-pound plates and four three-pound plates. The 50-pound set comes with four 7.5-pound plates and four three-pound plates. The 52.5-pound set comes with eight five-pound plates, two 2.5-pound plates, and two 1.25-pound plates. The 60-pound set comes with four five-pound plates and four eight-pound plates. The 105-pound set comes with 16 five-pound plates, four 2.5-pound plates, and four 1.25-pound plates.
- Yes4All Adjustable Spin-On Locking Collars are big and knobby and chrome. They are easy to spin on and off. What more could you want in a dumbbell handle collar? Nothing!
What I Love About The Yes4All Adjustable Dumbbells
I am a simple man who likes simple things, and so I love these adjustable Yes4All dumbbells a great deal!
Old School Adjustable Dumbbells
Specifically, I am a sucker for lifting gear that is old school and let me tell you that these dumbbells are 100% old school. Just take a look at the cast iron weight plates. Don’t they look HEAVY? They sure do, and they are heavy with the most massive set tipping the scales at a beefy 105 pounds.
With their knurled handles, the Yes4All dumbbells even feel old school in hand. I like the way these feel against palms and fingers when I am tossing them about.
Available In A Wide Range Of Weights
As mentioned above, you can get these adjustable dumbbells as an eight-pound set of adjustable dumbbells, a 40-pound set, a 50-pound pair, a 52.5-pound set, a 60-pound pair, and a 105-pound pair of adjustable dumbbells. What this means to you is that a Yes4All set could be the best adjustable dumbbells for you no matter your strength level and goals!
Can Be Added To Simply And Cheaply
Now, although there are many impressive aspects to these hugely adjustable dumbbells, the most significant positive to them is that they are so easy to add even more weight to them. The diameter to the adjustable Yes4All dumbbell collars is a standard 1.25 inches, and so when the time comes to go above 105 pounds, you can find additional weight plates from them with no problem.
Yes4All Cast Iron Weight Plates
If you are interested in dumbbells odds are you either have a barbell or want a barbell. If this is the case for you, you can rest assured that the cast iron weight plates that come with these adjustable dumbbells will fit on your barbell as long as it is of standard diameter.
The Low Cost
Why spend hundreds of dollars on a pair of adjustable dumbbells if you do not need to? These Yes4All adjustable dumbbells are a real bargain when compared to some of the more cutting edge adjustable dumbbells!
What I Do NOT Like About The Yes4All Adjustable Dumbbells
Hey, although these are some of the best adjustable dumbbells you will find, not everything about them is perfect for all lifters. These are the aspects that you might not like about them:
Takes Time To Adjust Their Weight
Adjusting the weight on these Yes4All dumbbells is relatively slow going. If you are resting more than a minute between sets, that will not be a problem, but if you are doing some fast-moving circuit training, these might not be the right adjustable dumbbells for you.
Each time you change the weight on these cast iron dumbbells, you will need to do it on four sides since each dumbbell has, well, two sides.
You must never try to rest the ends of these dumbbells on your thighs or other parts of your body. If you do, you could very well end up with a pair of very painful 1.25-inch-diameter bruises.
The Practical Details Of Buying These Yes4All Adjustable Dumbbells
Sold By: Amazon.
Shipping: Free and will arrive at your home in about three days after being ordered.
My Final 56 Words On The Adjustable Yes4All Dumbbells
If you are looking for an inexpensive set of adjustable dumbbells that can be made HEAVY, these may be the best adjustable dumbbells for you. However, if you need a set of adjustable dumbbells that can change weight quickly, you should continue to look for the right pair of adjustable dumbbells for you and your needs.
Get Yours Now
Please share and tag your friends who you think they’ll like this post. I greatly appreciate your kindness!
Last update on 2020-01-31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Yes4All Adjustable Dumbbell Weight Set for Fitness Sold in Pair 40 to 200 lbs
Yes4All Adjustable Dumbbell Weight Set for Fitness, 40 to 200 lbs (Sold in Pair)
undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is applicable), Condition:： New: A brand-new, such as an unprinted box or plastic bag, See all condition definitions ： Color: ： Black, Yes4All Adjustable Dumbbell Weight Set for Fitness, Yes4All Adjustable Dumbbell Weight Set for Fitness Sold in Pair 40 to 200 lbs, Now you can save more space and money with Yes4All Adjustable Dumbbells, unopened, Yes4All Adjustable Dumbbell Weight Set for Fitness Sold in Pair 40 to 200 lbs, Material: ： Cast Iron： MPN: ： D2CL, Yes4All Premium Quality Dumbbells
40 to 200 lbs (Sold in Pair), Brand: ： Yes4all： Activity: ： Bodybuilding, See the seller’s listing for full details, unless the item is handmade or was packaged by the manufacturer in non-retail packaging, Packaging should be the same as what is found in a retail store, 40 to 200 lbs Yes4All Adjustable Dumbbell Weight Set for Fitness Sold in Pair, No more picking up 30 different dumbbells to give you the results you want, Yes4All Adjustable Dumbbell Weight Set for Fitness, 40 to 200 lbs (Sold in Pair), User should use all of these products with care, unused, Type: ： Dumbbell Adjustable
ECO Iron 40lb Adjustable Dumbbell Set with Carrying Case | Marcy ADS-42
– Only items returned within 90 days of purchase are eligible for a refund or exchange. – Before shipping your return, please contact MarcyPro by clicking the support link above to receive detailed return instructions from a customer rep – The returned product must have been purchased directly from MarcyPro.com. – The returned product must be in original condition and all accessories must be included and placed in the original packaging. – Items that are delivered to the customer in damaged condition may be returned immediately. All you need to do is open a ticket using the support link above and one of our reps would be more than happy to help you attain a return call tag – If you find that a part is defective, instead of initiating a return, we highly recommend contacting us and we would be more than happy to help you attain a functioning part as soon as possible. – Marcy Pro does not accept unauthorized returns. This includes any items returned without first speaking to a customer rep – Any returns returns that fall under buyer’s remorse will have a 15% restocking fee associated with them and the customer will be responsible for shipping costs both ways.
Flex and lift your way to bulkier arms with the ADS-42 Dumbbell Set from Marcy! Built to be your new workout accessory, this weight set allows you to train your way to a more sculpted torso without having to leave the comforts of home. Whether you’re engaging in strength-training exercises or weight lifting routines, this weight set is for you! Perfect for both fitness starters and gym rats, the workout equipment includes 5lb. and four 3lb standard plates, letting you tailor your workout according to your skill level. Target different muscle groups and develop an excellent physique using this set that comes with various plates to choose from. Constructed to withstand abuse and furnished with tough chrome plating, this gym accessory boasts superior durability and a metallic hammertone surface. Its heavy-duty structure resists rust and corrosion. The two 14-inch dumbbell bars showcase knurled hand grips to facilitate precise contact of your hand on the bar for an enhanced grip during a workout. With the handle’s ergonomic design, you won’t have to worry about drenching the bar in sweat. This set also includes four spin- lock collars that attach firmly to the end of the bar to keep the plates secure even when in motion. Get the Marcy ADS-42 Adjustable Dumbbell Set and work out at your favorite spot with this equipment that comes with a carrying case!
- STURDY CONSTRUCTION – The ADS-42 boasts a high-quality construction that is reinforced with Vinyl bumper for efficient weightlifting and bodybuilding. Its hammer tone surface resists corrosion and prevents materials from sticking to the weight plates
- KNURLED BAR FOR IMPROVED GRIP – This workout weight set features a knurled hand grip that’s designed to enhance your hold during lifting. The textured bar facilitates precise contact of your hand on the bar for a superior grasp
- SPIN LOCK COLLARS – Forget about moving and unstable plates when training! This dumbbell weight set comes with two spin locks that attach firmly to the end of the bar to secure the weights and prevent them from shifting when you perform exercises
- VARIOUS WEIGHT PLATES – Customize your training with this gym gear that includes four 5lb plates and four 3lb plates. The cast-iron weights are ideal for first-time users to fitness buffs who are looking for convenient and reliable exercise equipment
- STURDY CARRYING CASE – Organizing your home gym equipment after working out is a breeze with this exercise weight set. It comes with a carrying case and its smart design provides enough room for your gear, allowing convenient transport