After 18 years of innovation, the Nimbus® series continues as one of ASICS’ most recognized high performing footwear. The new GEL® placement offers modernized geometry of cushioning, designed to improve adaptability and mitigate brisk impacts. Improved Guidance Line® technology harmoniously syncs componentry to embrace the motions of the runner’s gait cycle.
- FLUIDRIDE® MIDSOLE: FluidRide® provides the ultimate combination of bounce back and cushioning properties with reduced weight and exceptional durability.
- REARFOOT AND FOREFOOT GEL® CUSHIONING SYSTEMS: Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
- FLUIDFIT® UPPER: ASICS FluidFit® upper technology combines multi-directional stretch mesh with stretch reinforcements that adapt to the athlete’s foot, creating a truly customized glove-like fit.
- HEEL CLUTCHING SYSTEM™ TECHNOLOGY: Exoskeletal heel counter provides improved support and creates improved heel fitting environment.
- SEAMLESS CONSTRUCTION: The use of seamless materials reduces the potential for irritation and friction caused by traditional stitches and seams.
- DISCRETE EYELETS: Independently placed eyelets disburse lace tension, creating a customized fitting environment and enhanced upper comfort.
- GUIDANCE LINE® MIDSOLE TECHNOLOGY: Vertical flex groove decouples the tooling along the line of progression for enhanced gait efficiency.
- GUIDANCE TRUSSTIC SYSTEM® TECHNOLOGY: This Trusstic System® integrates Guidance Line® construction for enhanced gait efficiency while providing midfoot structural integrity.
- COMFORDRY™ LASTING: This lasting material features plush underfoot comfort while providing excellent moisture management and a high level of breathability.
- COMFORDRY™ X-40 SOCKLINER: This premium sockliner features higher rebound properties while providing excellent moisture management and a high-level of breathability.
- GENDER SPECIFIC CUSHIONING
- Gender: Women’s | See Men’s
- Type: Road
- Manufacturer: Asics
- Price: 150.00
Buy it Here
Runner’s World Review
The Nimbus, now in its 18th version, was the original “cloud” runner, with extra cushioning heel to toe and a softly padded upper. The newest update sets the heel gel pad at an angle, designed to be closer to the foot as you roll into the stride. While the shoe is noticeably heavier than other models, all the testers appreciated the familiar plush ride, and women raved about the fit and comfort of the flexible mesh upper. “The second I put these shoes on, I loved them,” said Rose Sullivan of Imperial, Nebraska.
All the Stats You Need!
We put each shoe through real-world usage and a battery of mechanical tests in our lab to provide you with objective — and exclusive — data. In addition to a shoe’s weight, we measure sole thickness (everything that sits between your foot and the road), how well the foam cushions your stride, and the flexibility of the forefoot. All this is taken into account in our reviews of each shoe.
ASICS GEL-Nimbus 18 Running Shoe Comic Edition
Women’s Running Shoes
Limited Edition Comic Color! After 18 years of innovation, the women’s Nimbus series continues as one of ASICS’ most recognized high performing footwear. The new GEL placement offers modernized geometry of cushioning, designed to improve adaptability and mitigate brisk impacts. Improved Guidance Line technology harmoniously syncs componentry to embrace the motions of the runner’s gait cycle.
- Surface: Road, Gyms, Flats
- Category:Neutral Cushioned ﾖ Intended for runners who have a higher, more stable arch that does not pronate excessively(roll inwards) or may even supinate(roll outwards). Neutral Cushioned shoes offer very little or no structure or pronation support and are generally more flexible than stability shoes. Runners who require a neutral shoe tend to notice more excessive wear on the lateral(outside) side of the soles of their running shoes. Neutral shoes can vary from lightweight and minimal cushioning to maximum levels of cushioning depending on the needs and preferences of the runner. Runners with high/stable arches tend to notice pain on the outside(lateral side) of their shins and knees and may also battle plantar fasciitis if not wearing a neutral cushioned shoe.
- Vertical flex groove decouples the tooling along the line of progression for enhanced gait efficiency.
- FluidRide midsole provides the ultimate combination of bounce back and cushioning properties with reduced weight and exceptional durability.
- This Trusstic System integrates Guidance Line construction for enhanced gait efficiency while providing midfoot structural integrity
- Weight: 9.2 oz
- Heel-to-Toe Offset: 10 mm Drop
- Style: T6K9N-9790