30 Day I Real Time Challenge Day #1
Well … This is it!!!
This is Day 1 of the 30 Day Real Time Challenge. The Instructions on how to take part in this challenge are – Here Are you ready for your very first Real Time Training Session with me ? Take your time, do your best& take breaks if you need to. Let’s Do This !! Full PDF Breakdown – click link below.
Todays Coffee Talk:
For all you crazy hardcore Bodyrockers like me out there …. you will love this workout today !! I smashed this one in Spain with the local Gym PT who I have known forever !! – it made him sick … lol Don’t worry if you feel queazy – we have all been there lol – You know the feeling when you push too hard or when you just started HIIT workouts for the first time ? It’s like your dying lol
What always amazes me is this – The same young lad’s were in the gym that ALWAYS look at me when I come into their gym domain lol I basically take up a space on the floor – Jump about like a mad woman for about 20 mins, sweating everywhere with nothing more than a mat, a weight, a bench & my trusty Interval timer (beeping away lol which I know annoys them – as i’m a girl and no beeps or girls are allowed in the ‘man gym’ lol ).
They just watch me clearly thinking I am a crazy ”girl” who has no idea what i’m doing lol. I in turn watch them year after year doing there ‘weighted’ rep routines (while my beeper beeps away and I sweat everywhere) i.e they do – chest, back, etc … which is very cool & I know LOADS of ripped guys who do this & I have enjoyed doing this in the past with my sister & her partner … however, I have been coming to this same spit & sawdust gym for 5 years now & they haven’t seem to have changed their workout plan, weight selection or there results from what I can see :/ … yet they look at me like i’m the crazy one lol
Maybe it’s because there isn’t anyone to inspire them or be brave enough to make a ”noise” in there”man space” ? or maybe there isn’t anyone to show them different ways to train in the local area ? whatever it is, I am VERY proud & more than happy to burst into any gym or space & show them how Bodyrockers roll.
You never know, there may be some other ‘crazy people’ in there just dying to join in – like the Gym PT, who now carries his Interval timer everywhere, or some people may just need someone else to be brave enough to HIIT the dance floor first so they don’t feel so intimidated or ”silly” doing it alone. … Anyway the point to my story is this …..
It wasn’t until they watched the Gym PT throw up after our 20 min HIIT that alllll of a sudden they all stopped steering & wanted to talk to me & ask to train with me ( even tho for 6 weeks they have looked at me like a crazy person who has entered their man space lol ) – it took someone they respected to struggle (lifting the same weight as ”a girl”) for them to take me seriously lol I am sure a lot of you have had this scenario @ one time in your life ? What we do looks ‘easy’ but it’s really not … working every muscle group 5 days a week (in my case) is HARD & challenging & it’s not until you try it do you realize that, it not only works you, it challenges you in ways nothing else does especially if you go as hard & as heavy as you can.
I guess that’s why when we do loose or mojo or fall off the wagon we know it takes a-lot of will power to get back on it & start again as we ALL know that seriously tough ”starting point” we need to get through … Also, taking the above into account – If you are just starting HIIT workouts you need to give yourself credit for just completing the workout. I’m serious, even with no weight at all these are tough!. No matter how slow you go, or even if you have to stop & take a break while going through it – as long as you try thats the important thing. Be patient & DON’T GIVE UP.
It DOES get easier & you need to realize that these FULL body workout really do work, it won’t happen overnight but believe in the process as it WILL happen. I love the rush to the body to move as you move from exercises to exercise so quickly & sweat so much – feeling strong & empowered & most of all you are done in a short amount of time feeling ready to take on the day – esp. if you have smashed your previous PB or scores.. So that brings me to todays HIIT Real Time Workout. Enjoy it .. & remember how strong you are for just getting through it. .
Todays Video Is Dedicated To My Friend ‘V’ xoxo . Todays Real Time Workout Video is exclusively on SweatFlix
Set Your to 10 seconds rest & 30 seconds work as below for 61 rounds (one round is a 30 second rest between the two circuits) Unless you are working out with me – Then Press PLAY Now & Lets Go Go Go !!! Remember – You will skip first while I take the first exercise. See Day #1 for instructions. . You can use your or or (click images to view) If you haven’t had time to get your equipment yet, or it’s on it’s way – There are Free Home Equipment Ideas – Here If you are training in your Gyms or on your own – Complete as many rep’s of the following exercise’s before the 30 seconds is up: Post your scores below to remind yourself how far you have come when you HIIT this again. .
This is a Two Part Workout . Part One – Movement & Strength: .
1. Push-Up, Clean & Press – using the Sandbag or Ugi Ball
2. Squat & Press – using the Sandbag or Tbar
3. Tuck Abs
4. 1 Arm Clean & Press, Squat & Press & push Up – (Alternate L&R Arm) – using the Tbar weights
5. Lunge & Twist – (Alternate L&R) – using the Sandbag or Ugi Ball or Tbar weights
6. Dive Bombers
7. Left Woodchop – using the Sandbag or Ugi Ball or Tbar weights
8. Right Woodchop – using the Sandbag or Ugi Ball or Tbar weights
9. 10 High Weighted Knees & 10 Mountain Climbers – using the Sandbag or Ugi Ball or Tbar weights
10. Push Up & Plank Row – using the Tbar weights
11. Chest Press & Reverse Curl Legs – (Legs go down when weight comes to chest) – using the Sandbag or Ugi Ball or Tbar
12. Lunge & Press – using the Sandbag or Ugi Ball or Tbar
13. 8′s – (or ab exercise of choice) – using the Sandbag or Ugi Ball or Tbar weights
14. Standing Fly’s – using the Tbar weights . (30 second rest )
Part Two – Weighted Burnout: .
1. Bicep Curl – using the Sandbag or Tbar
2. Straight Abs – (Knees Up)
3. Oblique V Abs Left
4. Tricep Dips
5. Tuck Abs
6. Chest Press – using the Sandbag or Tbar
7. Oblique V Abs Right
8. Upright Row – using the Sandbag or Tbar
9. Squats – using the Sandbag or Ugi Ball or Tbar
11. Flys – using the Tbar weights
12. Lunge & Twist – (Alternate L&R) – using the Sandbag or Ugi Ball or Tbar weights
13. Pull Ups – using the Equalizer
14. 17. Reverse Curls
15. Shoulder Press – using the Sandbag or Tbar
16. Bent-over Row – using the Sandbag or Tbar
17. Clean & Press – using the Sandbag or Ugi Ball or Tbar 1
8. Reverse Curls . **BEEP BEEP BEEP** – You did it … I knew you would. .
Pre & Post Workout Stretch (2 Videos) – Here
My Workout Gear Today:
New Balance – VibramsDiesel CapLululemon – Yoga Bra Top Lululemon Pants
HIIT the ‘like’ button to let me know you smashed your workout today & you are on board this Epic Real Time Challenge with me !
Leave me a message below …. I Love hearing your feedback 🙂
My 14 Day Nutrition Guide is available Here
My Fat Loss, Diet & Portion Sizes … Here
Let’s Start Together …. TODAY !
10 Reasons Why You Need to Try BodyRock.Tv
For the past several years BodyRock.Tv has been quietly revolutionizing home workouts by building a huge catalog of free, original routines and a large, devoted fan base to go with it. We talked exclusively with Freddy Light, one of the BodyRock.Tv founders, to learn more about his plan to bring the revolution to a home near you.
So, what’s so special about BodyRock.Tv? Let us count the ways…
1. Fast, high-intensity workout routines. Research shows that you don’t have to work out very long to burn fat and build lean muscle, you just need to work out very hard. And intensity happens to be BodyRock.Tv’s specialty. “Our workouts mostly consist of 12-minute, high-intensity, interval bodyweight routines,” Light says. “These types of workouts are great for burning fat, boosting metabolism, increasing strength and agility, and overall conditioning.”
2. Extensive video catalog. With more than 600 different workouts available, you are guaranteed to never get bored.
3. A large, supportive community. BodyRockers have been a strong community from the start, and now the site is adding lifestyle and travel sections. Plus, Light promises that “our community of BodyRockers will soon have it’s own social platform from which they will be able to blog and share their recipes, workouts, and fitness journey’s. It’s going to bring the BodyRock family much closer as a group and give people a stronger voice within the movement.”
4. Original but esay-to-learn moves. Think you’ve seen every exercise out there? You will be amazed by the variety and originality of BodyRock moves. With a few simple tweaks, the trainers take basic exercises like pushups and transform them into completely different, super-effective moves. This might seem intimidating, but detailed instructions included in both video and picture formats break it all down for you. You’ll also get a kick out of the fun, creative, and always sexy names.
5. High-quality workout videos. Professionally shot videos with pro fitness models will make you never want to watch a grainy YouTube clip filmed in someone’s basement again. While some say BodyRock.Tv employs too much sex in their filmography (models are often posed provocatively), Light responds to critics saying, “We strive to create beautiful and inspiring images and videos. It comes from a positive place.” (Warning: images probably aren’t safe for work.)
6. Sound nutrition advice. A great workout is made even better by a stellar diet. “We suggest a balanced clean eating approach, which includes as much real whole foods and vegetables as possible,” Freddy says.
7. Minimal equipment required. One of BodyRock.Tv’s best selling-points is how simple (not easy!) the workouts are. Many routines are just bodyweight exercises, and the rest use very basic equipment. The aim is to have a workout “that can be done in the living room, bedroom, or any space that you have handy,” Light adds.
8. Strong female role models. Ever wished your fitness models looked a little, well, fitter? The women of BodyRock.TV show that they live what they preach, as they sweat through the entire workout with you.
9. It’s completely FREE. F-R-E-E.
10. Ongoing fitness challenges. If you’re not sure where to start, BodyRock.Tv is always posting new 30-day challenges for you to follow. For BodyRockers who miss Zuzana, the other founder of BodyRock.Tv who recently left to start her own site, she posts daily workouts on her YouTube channel Zuzka Light.
One final note: You can do anything for 12 minutes, right?
- By Charlotte Andersen
When Zuzana Majorva, a 23-year-old Czech porn star, was flown to an island off the coast of Spain to model for a group of middle-aged, amateur photographers, she expected the usual — to arch her back, tilt her hips, and gaze into the camera, upon command.
But she found love.
Majorva fell for Frederick Light, a 30-year-old amateur filmmaker from Kingston, Ont. Their chance encounter in 2005 would rescue her from an X-rated career and turn her into a fitness star with her own You Tube channel — Bodyrock.Tv.
On any given day, half a million people tune in to watch Zuzana sweating through push-ups, squats and burpies, while her husband coaches and jokes from behind the camera.
Filmed mainly in an unfinished apartment living room in Kingston, the show’s content ranges from workouts to confessional talks on such topics as weight loss and sobriety.
Since they started in 2008, viewer loyalty has made Bodyrock.Tv one of the most popular YouTube channels in Canada. The videos have been watched 400 million times — 40 times the population of the Czech Republic.
It has a cultish audience of mostly female followers, who call themselves Bodyrockers, and consider Zuzana, a busty, doe-eyed woman described in the New York Times as “abdominally flawless,” an inspiration and even a friend.
Though they declined to disclose their financial information, Wendy Rozeluk, a spokesperson for YouTube, told the Star that hundreds of partners like Bodyrock are making “six figures a year.”
This summer, when Creative Artists Agency, an entertainment company whose star roster includes Oprah Winfrey and George Clooney, signed them as a client, it seemed to be the perfect ending to the corporate fairy tale.
However, success came with a price. “We’ve become, over the process of building this business together, more like friends,” said Freddy.
Now, their strained relationship could mean the end of their brand.
In October, the couple abruptly announced they would separate. After filming some 600 workouts, Zuzana will not be leading them anymore, and instead will concentrate on the site’s lifestyle components, such as recipes and travel.
The couple developed Bodyrock.Tv as a kind of reality show. But unlike Jersey Shore or the Bachelor, shows premised on human frailty, they crafted the Bodyrock message as an aspirational one: anyone can, like Zuzana, build a better life through exercise.
“It was an incredibly humiliating situation,” Zuzana has said about her porn career in Eastern Europe. “Working on fitness helped me heal emotionally and rebuild my sense of self worth.”
Born in Prague to a single mother, Zuzana dropped out of business college at 18 and fell into adult entertainment. She has written that her choice “led to years of darkness and abuse” and almost ruined her life.
She was saved, in a way, when she met Freddy. “He was way more different than any other boy I met before,” she said, “he was really nice to me.”
They married in 2007 in a castle outside Prague, and began Bodyrock.Tv soon after, splitting their time between working at Blaney’s Florists, Freddy’s family’s shop in Kingston, and shooting videos with a camera and laptop.
The free workouts last less than 20 minutes, and have cheeky names: “My Buns Hurt Workout,” “Grab Your Balls Workout” and ‘All I want for Christmas is Abs Workout.”
But it was the couple’s intimacy that set Bodyrock. Tv apart from other home exercise competition. By July 2008, their videos hit a million views and they were partnering with YouTube, untapping a lucrative future.
The first day’s revenue was a modest 60 cents; a year later, after Bodyrock. Tv had reached 100 million views, they were making hundreds of dollars a week.
Get more of today’s top stories in your inbox Sign up for the Star’s Morning Headlines email newsletter for a briefing of the day’s big news. Sign Up Now
When they announced their breakup and the end of Zuzana’s reign as host, fans were shocked. More than 700 of them commented on the breakup post. “I was sick to my stomach,” said Jamie McNary, a 35-year-old mother in Utah, “it was just heart wrenching.”
The Lights have yet to officially file for a divorce, but plan to meet face-to-face in December. In the interim, they will introduce fresh personalities, including new fitness hosts and Freddy’s brother, Sean, to Bodyrock.Tv — testing the commitment of fans.
“I’m not as sexy as Zuzana,” says Jessica Cudley, 23, a Western University political science graduate and one of Bodyrock.Tv’s new hosts. But, she said, “People realize it’s not just about a sexy body or a sexy person on camera.”