Table of Contents
- Chelsea Handler, aged 43 years old. The comedian weighs 57 kg (126 lbs) and has a height of 5’6” (160 cm). Her workout includes yoga and Pilates, which helps her maintain a 35-27-35 figure.
- Chelsea Handler: Weight, Age, Height, Body Measurements
- Learn More about Chelsea Handler:
- Chelsea Handler: Weight, Height, Age, Body Measurements
- “I was born with a French fry in my mouth”
- Chelsea Handler Now Works Out to Feel Mentally Strong: ‘Before It Was About Looking Good’
- Born Name
- Nick Name
- Sun Sign
- Born Place
- Comedy Genres
- Boyfriend / Spouse
- Race / Ethnicity
- Hair Color
- Eye Color
- Sexual Orientation
- Distinctive Features
- Dress Size
- Bra Size
- Shoe Size
- Brand Endorsements
- Best Known For
- First Film
- First TV Show
- First Book
- Personal Trainer
- Chelsea Handler Favorite Things
- Chelsea Handler Facts
Chelsea Handler Biography
Chelsea Handler was born on February 25, 1975, in Livingston, New Jersey, US. She is an American comedian, actress, writer, television host, producer, and activist. Similarly, she is best known for hosting the late-night talk show Chelsea Lately on the E! network from 2007 to 2014. Likewise, she also released a documentary series, Chelsea Does, on Netflix in January 2016. Furthermore, she also hosted Chelsea, on Netflix from 2016-2017.
Regarding her family, her mother’s name is Rita (née Stoecker) whereas her father’s name is Seymour Handler. Additionally, she has Ashkenazi Jewish, German ethnicity. She also has two sisters and three brothers but her elder brother died at 21.
Handler stands at the height of 5 feet 6 inches and weighs around 56 Kg. Likewise, she has 26 inches of waist, 36 inches of the chest and 35 inches of hips.
Handler has blonde hair and blue eyes.
She had been in many relationships. She had previously dated Ted Harbert, an American broadcasting and television executive from 2007 to 2010. Similarly, she also dated American rapper 50 Cent for a few months in 2010.
Moreover, she also dated André Balazs, a hotel manager from 2011 to 2013. Currently, she is single.
She has an estimated net worth of $ 40 million.
- Full Name: Chelsea Joy Handler
- Age: 44
- Birth Date: February 25, 1975
- Birth Place: Livingston, New Jersey, US
- Zodiac Sign: Pisces
- Ethnicity: Ashkenazi Jewish, German
- Nationality: American
- Mother’s Name: Rita (née Stoecker)\
- Father’s Name: Seymour Handler
- Height: 5 feet 6 inches
- Weight: 57 Kg
- Hair Color: Blonde
- Eye Color: Blue
- Waist Size: 26 inches
- Bra Size: 36 inches
- Hip Size: 35 inches
- Net Worth: $40 million
CV Read More Australian Actress Claire Holt
Chelsea Handler, aged 43 years old. The comedian weighs 57 kg (126 lbs) and has a height of 5’6” (160 cm). Her workout includes yoga and Pilates, which helps her maintain a 35-27-35 figure.
Chelsea Handler was recently seen at Gloria Awards 2017. She looked in great shape as she always does. Her strict diet and workout has to be credited for her fitness.
Chelsea Handler: Weight, Age, Height, Body Measurements
Name: Chelsea Handler (Chelsea Joy Handler)
Age: 43 years, 25 February 1975
Mother: Rita Handler
Father: Melvin Handler
Weight: 57 kg (126 lbs)
Height in feet: 5’6”
Height in centimeters: 160 cm
Measurements: 35-27-35 inches (89-68-89 cm)
Diet: Yo-Yo diets
Workout: yoga and Pilates
Learn More about Chelsea Handler:
The comedian prefers Pilates in her workout routine over yoga or hitting the gym. “I can honestly say changed my body – and my life,” she told Shape.
She feels that Pilates is a gentle form of exercise for her and added, “I’m longer and leaner and much more graceful.”
Handler’s personal trainer helps her with her workout routine. Her workouts also include sprint exercises and fitness training, and she avoids doing cardio exercises at the gym. The 41-year-old host admits that a mix of exercises in her fitness routine helps her with burning off the body fat.
Chelsea Handler’s Diet Plan
Handler believes in eating healthy. As the comedian was growing up, she admits that she did not know how to eat healthy. Her self-note on the lifestyle tip posted on Instagram recently must have been a reminder to focus on diet and workouts.
The celebrity avoids fast foods and yo-yo diets, and focuses on a diet that includes wholesome foods—avoiding anything processed. Here is a sample of her diet plan:
Breakfast – A bowl of oatmeal mixed with a scoop of protein powder, and about a spoon of ground flax seeds
Mid-morning Snack – Turkey and arugula salad
Lunch – Sushi
Dinner – Green salad with a turkey meat loaf
She is guided by her nutritionist, who helps her with recommendations on healthy eating. She loves drinking and did not want to cut alcohol out of her diet.
Recommendations like having her vodka with soda helped her to enjoy having her drinks and says, “He explained that calorie-wise, vodka isn’t so bad, as long as you drink it with soda so knowing I could still have a drink made it easier to stick to my weight loss program.”
A healthy lifestyle contributes to positive outlook and Chelsea Handler’s recent note to self is a great example of this. Her lifestyle tips and her fitness routine are encouraging. To stay in shape, try adopting her lifestyle tips.
Chelsea Handler: Weight, Height, Age, Body Measurements
|Chelsea Handler Weight||57 kg (126 lbs)|
|Chelsea Handler Height||5’6” (160 cm)|
|Chelsea Handler Age||43 years|
|Chelsea Handler Body Measurements||35-27-35 inches (89-68-89 cm)|
“I was born with a French fry in my mouth”
Wearing her blond hair in sexy waves and simple white skinny jeans that show off her toned legs, Chelsea Handler looks much younger-and slimmer- then she does on her talk show, Chelsea Lately. Did she lose weight, or is she a victim of the dreaded camera-adds-10-pounds syndrome? “Well, TV does make you look 10 times fatter, you know,” she says over a lunch of sushi, steamed clams, and a cucumber salad. “I went home to visit my family after my show first started, and my sister said tome, ‘Oh you look good! We were going to say something about your weight because you look so big on TV! And then I looked at their TV, and I realized they had it on wide-screen! I’m like, ‘Oh of course I look big! Take it off wide-screen, you losers.'”
Still, it could have easily gone the other way. To get her fit, healthy body, the New Jersey-born comedian overcame bad family health history (after a long battle with cancer, her mom died four years ago, her dad has had quadruple-bypass surgery); a deep affection for high-calorie cocktails, fast food, and salty snacks; and a longtime inability to stick to an exercise routine.
Get the recipe for Chelsea’s favorite healthy meal-her brother’s turkey meat loaf!
Chelsea knew she needed to make some lifestyle changes. So she hired a nutritionist and revved up her workout plan-and is in better shape now than she was when she was a teenager. “I just turned 35, and it feels like a brand-new year for me,” says Chelsea, whose third book, Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang, was just released. “Not only am I fitter, I feel more energized and focused too.”
“I was born with a french fry in my mouth”
“My parents were not the healthiest eaters.” Says Chelsea, who, growing up, was allowed to nibble on Yodels and Doritos between meals. “My mom was a great cook, but her idea of light after-school snack was mac’ and cheese and brownies. So of course I was like, ‘Why am I 15 and struggling with my weight?’ It took me a long time to deprogram myself after I moved to L.A.” For eight years, she went from one extreme to another, eating junk food and then starving herself to lose the weight. “Even when I thought I was making healthy choices, I wasn’t.” she says. “I didn’t know, for example, that a salad with 3 pounds of dressing isn’t a good thing!” When she got fed up with yo-yo dieting, she found a nutritionist who taught her to make healthier food choices and to eat more often during the day. “I love food,” says Chelsea, as she digs into a bowl of edamame. “I need to eat! I could never do juice cleanses or not cheat once in a while!”
“It’s my diet, and I’ll drink if I want to!”
While Chelsea was ready to commit to a new health plan, there was one thing she wasn’t willing to give up. “I told my nutritionist, ‘I’m not going to quit drinking. I love to hang out with my girlfriends and have cocktails and dinner, it’s how I relax,'” she says. “He explained that calorie-wise vodka isn’t so bad, as long as you drink it with soda. Knowing I could have drink made it easier to stick to the program.”
For the most part, Chelsea eats fresh wholesome foods-avoiding anything processed-whenever possible. Her day typically begins with a bowl of oatmeal mixed with a scoop of protein powder and a spoonful of ground flax seeds. Turkey and an arugula salad with shaved Parmesan-no dressing-is always her midmorning snack, and for lunch, she usually has sushi. Her brother, who’s a chef, often cooks for her-favorites include grilled sea bass, chicken, and green salad with turkey meat loaf. Even her indulgences make sense: For a quick on-set snack, she’ll open a small bag of Doritos (old habits die hard!), have two or three, and throw the rest away. But her all-time favorite splurge is, luckily 3,000 miles from home. “There’s a diner in New Jersey that makes steak fries with melted mozzarella that you dip in gravy,” she says, eyes glazing over at the memory. “Every time I eat there, I’m like, “Can I move in here, please?’ Seriously, why would I ever leave?”
“I was a fitness fiasco-until I found Pilates”
Although she’s always been active, Chelsea says finding a workout she loves-and can commit to-has been a huge challenge. “I’ve tried them all,” she admits. “But I’d usually end up quitting because I’d get bored. Or, as with yoga, after months of doing it, I’d still have belly flab.
“And doing cardio at the gym can be so annoying! I hate it when there are 50 treadmills and I’m the only one there, but then someone just hops on the machine right next to me! Hello!”
- By Claire Connors
3/3 Photo: Instagram/@chelseahandler
Cool-girl client: Chelsea Handler is a comedian, actress, writer, television host, and producer. She’s currently filming season two of Chelsea, her hit original show on Netflix.
Why she came to me for coaching: This sounds a little funny to say, but it’s so true for a lot of people: Chelsea really wanted to understand how she could live a healthier lifestyle, but not give up alcohol. (I, for one, enjoy a glass of wine at the end of a long week.) She also wanted to prevent water retention and learn how to turn off her hunger hormones, so she wasn’t constantly fighting the urge to snack.
My nutrition prescription: One thing I focused on was educating her regarding what else (other than alcohol) is metabolized in the liver, such as the fructose found in fruit. To reduce the metabolic toll, I suggested she cut back on sugary fruit juices and smoothies, as well as sugar in general.
To help Chelsea eat to satiety and not feel hungry every couple hours, the key was increasing her healthy fat intake.
Chelsea really wanted to understand how she could live a healthier lifestyle, but not give up alcohol.
The game-changing meal for her plan: The goal was to get 2 Tbsp of fat at every meal. For breakfast, instead of eating an egg-white omelet, I suggested she have 2–3 yolks, too—that’s where the fat is. She works out in the morning and sometimes a meal doesn’t sound appetizing, so I taught her how to make a chocolate-almond butter Fab Four Smoothie as well.
At lunch and dinner, I encouraged her to build a plate with the Fab Four—protein, fat, fiber, and greens. Shutting down her hunger hormones with the right amount of these macronutrients helped Chelsea eat less at subsequent meals.
As for alcohol…vodka soda (or water) with a lemon is one of the cleanest options.
The real-girl hurdle she had to clear along the way: One time, when she was traveling to New York, I suggested she bring a few nut butter packs to help her bridge the hunger gap between lunch and dinner. She started eating one on the plane and texted me mid-air to confirm that she should eat the entire 2 Tbsp pack. I laughed and confirmed, “Yes, please do! It’ll help you stay full and calm.” She texted me back: “If this fat makes me fat, I will sue you.” LOL.
What happened when she brought it all into balance: Chelsea is no longer afraid of fat. She also ditched the juices in her refrigerator.
Handler might be her funniest client, but she’s not the only celeb whose eating habits LeVeque’s helped supercharge. Here’s why Jessica Alba and Emmy Rossum also call here coach.
Chelsea Handler Now Works Out to Feel Mentally Strong: ‘Before It Was About Looking Good’
(L-R) Chelsea Handler and Jenny Mollen at Reebok’s Pure Move Bra event Ryan Hall Photography
Chelsea Handler’s workouts have a new purpose these days. Rather than exercising to look good, the comedian now focuses on feeling stronger.
Handler, 43, says she made a mental shift a few years back and started caring more about how her body performs.
“Now to me, working out is about being strong in your body for your health, while before it was about being physically looking good,” she tells PEOPLE at an event for Reebok’s new PureMove Bra, a first-of-its-kind technologically advanced sports bra. “Whereas now I’m like, I have to mentally be strong in order to work hard and get s— done. It makes you feel better. At a certain age you’re just like, okay. I mean obviously I want to look good too, but it becomes more about being mentally strong.”
The former talk show host says that her mindset changed when her schedule started filling up.
“When you’re running around and traveling a lot and working a lot and you have your hands in a bunch of different things you just have to stay strong and you don’t want to get sick and you don’t want be weak,” she says. “So that’s my whole thing. It’s just: Do everything to be strong.”
Image zoom Chelsea Handler and Jenny Mollen at Reebok’s Pure Move Bra event Ryan Hall Photography
RELATED VIDEO: Chelsea Handler On her Dating Challenges: “I Want to Be in Love, but No One Is Knocking at My Door”
And Handler is definitely strong — even if she doesn’t fully believe it. She works out regularly with trainer Ben Bruno (who also works with model Kate Upton), and is all over his Instagram page doing weighted hip thrusts, core exercises and more.
But working with a personal trainer means Handler struggles to enjoy group exercise classes.
“I can’t work out in a class. For some reason I can’t,” she says. “And this probably sounds surprising, but I don’t think I’m competitive enough. I just want to give up and be like, I can’t I can’t do it. There’s a pace I don’t like.”
Image zoom Chelsea Handler and Jenny Mollen at Reebok’s Pure Move Bra event Ryan Hall Photography
Handler jokes that Bruno isn’t properly preparing her to keep up.
“Every time I do a workout class, if I’m traveling or something, I’ll come back and tell him, what are we doing together because I cannot keep up with a regular class, so obviously you’re not challenging me enough.”
She will, however, dominate in extreme sports, and close friend and actress Jenny Mollen calls her a “daredevil.”
“When I do outdoor stuff, like wakeboarding or paddleboarding, I’m good,” Handler says.
Chelsea Joy Handler
The Sexy Handler
Chelsea Handler at Time 100 Gala in 2012
Livingston, New Jersey, United States
Los Angles, California, United States
Chelsea Graduated from Livingstone High School, New Jersey in 1993.
Actress, TV Host, Stand-up Comedian, Author
Irving Azoff (Chairman & CEO of Azoff MSG Entertainment)
- Observational Comedy
- Insult Comedy
- Blue Comedy
- Surreal Humor
- Sketch Comedy
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
57 kg or 126 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Chelsea Handler has dated –
- David Alan Grier (2005-2006) – Handler was romantically linked to actor and comedian David Alan Grier. At one time, Grier was quoted as saying, “I think Chelsea Handler is the funniest woman.” Unfortunately, the numbers didn’t really add up for the comedic couple. Grier is actually nearly 20 years older than Handler. The two have reportedly remained close friends for a long time; perhaps they had a bond through humor.
- Ted Harbert (2007-2010) – Handler dated her then boss and NBC Broadcasting chairman Ted Harbert for close to 4 years. In the end, separating work from pleasure was just too much for the Dynamic Duo.
- 50 Cent (2010) – 50 Cent was probably Handler’s most high-profile affair. The two 39-year-old stars first met when 50 Cent appeared on “Chelsea Lately” in 2009. They dated for a few months, which Handler described in an interview with Oprah Winfrey as “fun … (not the) most serious relationship.” During the interview, she gushed about how attractive and sweet she found the rapper.
- André Balazs (2011-2013) – Handler’s relationship with hotelier André Balazs came after her relationship with 50 Cent. It is rumored that she and Balazs were on-again and off-again for years.
- Bobby Flay (2016) – After a lot of speculation, Handler finally revealed her romance with the celebrity chef Bobby Flay after the two were spotted together looking cozy. In an interview with Power 105.1’s The Breakfast Club, Handler revealed that she and Flay did actually go on a date, but that the relationship didn’t extend past that.
- Lenny Kravitz – Chelsea and singer-songwriter Lenny Kravitz were known to be an item in the past.
Race / Ethnicity
Handler is German on her mother’s side and Jewish American on her father’s side.
- Blue eyes
- Lean and toned figure
36-27-35 in or 91.5-68.5-89 cm
8 (US) or 38 (EU)
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU)
She has endorsed brands like T-mobile, Belvedere Vodka, Elizabeth Arden fragrances, Dog for Dog website among many others.
She has been seen in Netflix ads.
Although her mother was Mormon, she was raised in Reform Judaism.
Best Known For
- “Chelsea Lately” her late night talk show that’s watched by millions around the world.
- Authored 4 Books that hit #1 in the New York Times Bestseller List.
- Named the most-watched women in comedy, proclaimed “queen of comedy” by Vanity Fair.
In 2006, she had her first theatrical film appearance in the comedy film Cattle Call for her role as Nikita.
First TV Show
In 2001, Chelsea was seen on NBC’s hidden camera reality series Spy TV in various roles.
She released her first book My Horizontal Life: A Collection of One Night Stands in 2005 via Bloomsbury USA.
She takes help from Ben Bruno who describes Handler as a maniac on the sleds.
See her workout with Bruno on the sled.
Regarding diet, Chelsea eats fresh wholesome foods-avoiding anything processed-whenever possible.
Chelsea Handler Favorite Things
- Food – Sushi, Ceviche, Hummus
- TV Shows – Downton Abbey, Girls (2012-2017)
- Songs – Album titled, “The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars” by David Bowie.
- Color – Chocolate Brown
- Books – The Fountainhead, Mawson’s Will, One Thousand White Women
- Movie – By the Sea (2015)
Source – EW, NY Times, US Magazine
Chelsea Handler Facts
- She was named Time Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in the World in 2012.
- Handler’s oldest brother, Chet, was killed in a hiking accident in the Grand Tetons in July 1984 at the age of 22. She was just 9 at that time.
- Handler’s career as an actress didn’t really take off when she relocated at the age of 19 from New Jersey to Los Angeles. As a result, she waited table up-until the age of 26 to make-ends-meet.
- She started her stand-up comedy career at 21 after she told her DUI story to her class, who actually found it hilarious.
- She is BFFs with A-lister actresses Reese Witherspoon and Jennifer Aniston.
- Her first book couldn’t reach #1 on the New York Times Best Seller List. But, her next 4 books did hit the #1 level.
- Chelsea had an abortion when she was 16.
- After Joan Rivers, Chelsea is the second woman to host a late night US talk show. Over the course of her late night career, she has interviewed A-listers like Jennifer Aniston, Gwyneth Paltrow, Rihanna, Justin Bieber and more.
- She has a deep love of all things rap, as documented on her talk show where she has invited R&B artists quite frequently.
- She was honored with the prestigious “Ally for Equality Award” by the Human Rights Campaign, for her huge efforts and commitment to make the lives of LGBT people better.
- She prefers all her cars to be of the chocolate brown color as that is her favorite color.
- Visit her official website @ chelseahandler.com.
- Connect with her on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter.
Featured Image by David Shankbone / Wikipedia / CC BY 3.0
Did we miss anyone?