Clean & Clear Advantage Advantage Acne Control Moisturizer4.0 oz
- 4-fluid ounce bottle of acne control moisturizer
- Helps moisturize while treating and preventing acne
- For normal, oily, and combination skin
- Salicylic acid acne medicine helps diminish breakouts
- Light moisturizers protect skin from dryness
- Non-greasy formula is oil-free
Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Control Moisturizer helps treat and prevent acne while leaving skin soft and smooth. This moisturizer is ideal for normal, oily, and combination skin. With salicylic acid acne medicine, the moisturizing lotion helps diminish the number of breakouts that occur and protects skin from dryness. Light and non-greasy, Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Control Moisturizer is oil-free and safe for everyday use.
Call toll-free 877-754-6411 or 215-273-8755 (collect) or visit www.CleanandClear.com
Made in CANADA
- Cleanse skin thoroughly before applying this product
- Cover the entire affected area with a thin layer one to three times daily
- Because excessive drying of the skin may occur, start with one application daily, then gradually increase to two or three times daily if needed or as directed by a doctor
- If bothersome dryness or peeling occurs, reduce application to once a day or every other day.
- Protect from excessive heat (40 degrees C / 104 degrees F)
- Sunburn Alert: This product contains an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that may increase your skin’s sensitivity to the sun and particularly the possibility of sunburn. Use a sunscreen, wear protective clothing, and limit sun exposure while using this product and for a week afterwards.
©Johnson & Johnson
CLEAN & CLEAR ADVANTAGE® Acne Control Moisturizer
Salicylic Acid 0.5% (Acne medication)
Benzalkonium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Capryloyl Glycine, Cedrus Atlantica Bark Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Cetyl Lactate, Cinnamomun Zeylanicum Bark Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Isoceteth-20, Laureth-7, Methyl Gluceth-20, Parfum, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyacrylamide, Polysorbate 60, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, PPG-10 Cetyl Ether, Propylene Glycol, Sarcosine, Steareth-21, Water (eau).
For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes. If contact occurs, rinse with water. Using other topical acne products at the same time or following use of this product may increase skin dryness/irritation. If this occurs, only one product should be used unless directed by a doctor. Discontinue use if excessive skin irritation develops or increases. If irritation persists, consult a doctor. Store between 15-30°C.
Advantage Acne Control Moisturizer Oil-Free
Clean & Clear At-A-Glance
Strengths: Inexpensive; an excellent 10% benzoyl peroxide product; some very good cleansers.
Weaknesses: The majority of products contain irritating fragrant extracts, alcohol, menthol, menthyl lactate, or other problematic ingredients; below-average moisturizers; poor options for those struggling with breakouts or blackheads (at least if your goal is assembling a helpful skin-care routine using only Clean & Clear’s products).
The name of this Johnson & Johnsonowned brand clearly communicates what it attempts to provide, and may seem to be a beacon of hope for consumers struggling with acne. The products are heavily marketed toward teens, with commercials and print ads featuring attractive young models with nary a blemish in sight, presumably because these fresh-faced teens adhere to a routine consisting of these attractively packaged products.
Although there are some great, inexpensive cleansers available, blemishes have nothing to do with how clean your skin is; the two issues are completely unrelated. The other failing is that unlike sister company Neutrogena (also owned by J&J), almost all of Clean & Clear’s anti-acne products contain irritating ingredients that won’t improve skin problems and end up making matters worse. Even a couple of the pH-correct BHA options are marred by troublesome ingredients that only make blemished skin more inflamed and impede the healing process. Moreover, the issue of sun protection is inadequately addressed, with the only option failing to provide sun protection without added irritants. What kind of message is that for teens trying to put together an effective skin-care routine? Clean skin is attainable from these products, but the company’s road to “beautifully clear” skin has too many speed bumps to make this a one-stop destination for the blemish-prone.
For more information about Clean & Clear, call (877) 754-6411 or visit www.cleanandclear.com.