- Kim Kardashian West’s Size-Inclusive Shapewear Line Is Finally Available
- Born Name
- Nick Name
- Sun Sign
- Born Place
- Boyfriend / Spouse
- Race / Ethnicity
- Hair Color
- Eye Color
- Distinctive Features
- Sexual Orientation
- Bra Size
- Dress Size
- Shoe Size
- Brand Endorsements
- Best Known For
- First Film
- First TV Show
- Personal Trainer
- Kim Kardashian Favorite Things
- Kim Kardashian Facts
- MORE: 10 Celebrities Who Showed Off Their Stretch Marks and Cellulite on Instagram
- MORE: 10 Celebrities Who Called Out Magazines for Photoshopping Their Bodies
- Kim Kardashian West Tested Positive for Rheumatoid Arthritis and Lupus Antibodies
- Psoriatic Arthritis: What to Look For
- Kim Kardashian discusses ‘painful and scary’ psoriatic arthritis diagnosis in new essay
Kim Kardashian West’s Size-Inclusive Shapewear Line Is Finally Available
Jared Siskin/amfAR/Contributor/Getty Images
In true Kardashian fashion, Kim Kardashian West’s much-anticipated shapewear brand, SKIMS, dominated the news cycle months before its launch date.
After a controversial name change and a buzzy social media campaign (featuring both everyday women and the Kardashian/Jenner sisters), KKW’s line of curve-friendly, shape-enhancing undergarments is ~officially~ available to purchase today at skims.com.
Following a decade-long quest for shapewear that comfortably slimmed and smoothed her own silhouette, Kardashian West developed an innovative strategy for creating undergarments to fit a wide range of body types and needs. (Related: These Celebs Are Totally Obsessed with Spanx Workout Clothes)
“My approach to creating SKIMS was solution-focused,” Kardashian West tells Shape. “I rely on solution-wear to accentuate and enhance my body and often I found myself cutting and sewing existing shapewear to work specifically for each look that I was going for. I knew I wasn’t alone in looking for the perfect shapewear and turned my passion into something real that would work for every body type.”
Among these problem-solving pieces, the Solution Short (Buy It, $42, skims.com) is Kardashian West’s personal favorite: a one-legged boy short perfect for high slits and red-carpet moments.
ICYDK, Kardashian West often documented her “shapewear struggle” moments in her career on her now-defunct blog. Her DIY methods—like cutting the legs off of tights or “taping” her boobs in place in lieu of a bra for low-cut tops—inspired SKIMS’ unique approach to shapewear. (Related: This Woman’s Photo with and Without Shapewear Is Taking Over the Internet)
“I’ve always given a behind-the-scenes look into my prep for red-carpet events, including glam, and showing the foundation to those looks was no different. There was a stigma about admitting you wore shapewear and I challenged that,” Kardashian West says.
Even if you don’t have any immediate plans to rock a high-slit dress at the Met Gala, the SKIMS ethos is all about inclusivity, so you can find something that fits your size and needs.
You can search by “solution” (tummy, butt, waist, or thighs) or by various categories of compression. The Seamless Sculpt collection includes two bodysuits, a bra, and sculpting high-waist briefs, while the Core Control collection features mid-waist briefs, mid-thigh shorts, and a thong, all designed with reinforced waistbands and engineered stitching to smooth and hold. If you’re looking for everyday layering and compression, SKIMS’ Sheer Sculpt collection is ideal, while the Contour Bonded collection offers the strongest level of support.
Sizes range from XXS to 5X to ensure a perfect fit. Pricing ranges from $18 to $98 with nine diverse colors and 28 cup sizes.
- By Jenn Barthole
|Kim Kardashian Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2½ in|
|Date of Birth||October 21, 1980|
Kim Kardashian West is a socialite, TV personality and entrepreneur from America. She became famous when she started serving as a stylist for Paris Hilton. Kim further got attention on a large scale after her s*x tape with ex-boyfriend Ray J (which was made in 2003) was leaked in 2007 by Vivid Entertainment. Then, she started coming on her own show Keeping Up with the Kardashians. In 2015, her total income was reportedly above US$53 million.
Kimberly Noel Kardashian
Kimmie, Kim K, Kim Kardashian West
Los Angeles, California, USA
Hidden Hills, California, U.S.
Kim Kardashian graduated from Marymount High School, Los Angeles in 1998.
Model, actress, businesswoman, TV personality, socialite
- Father – Robert George Kardashian (Lawyer)
- Mother – Kristen “Kris” Mary Jenner (Firstly homemaker, then, she turned to start managing her children’s careers)
- Siblings – Kourtney Kardashian (Older Sister), Khloe Kardashian (Younger Sister), Rob Kardashian (Younger Brother), Kylie Jenner (Younger Half-Sister), Kendall Jenner (Younger Half-Sister)
- Others – Bruce Jenner (Stepfather), Brody Jenner (Step-Brother), Brandon Jenner (Stepbrother), Burt Jenner (Step-Brother), Casey Jenner (Step-Sister)
William Morris Endeavor Entertainment
5 ft 2½ in or 159 cm
56 kg or 123.5 pounds
She lost 70 pounds of body weight in July 2016 and achieved a weight of 120 pounds at that time.
Boyfriend / Spouse
- Calum Best – As per Sun, Kim and British-American TV personality Calum Best had dated each other in the past. Kim and Calum were introduced to each other by Brody Jenner, Kim’s brother.
- Damon Thomas (2000-2004) – Kim Kardashian married Damon Thomas, a record producer. She was just 20 years old when they got married in 2000. However, in 2004, she divorced from Damon reasoning that she was emotionally and physically abused by him.
- Ray J (2004-2007) – Kim dated Ray J, the American singer-songwriter and record producer. Their relation went for nearly 3 years, which was OFF again and ON again relationship. Kardashian met Ray J when she was working as a stylist for Ray J’s sister, Brandy. The couple finally separated in 2007 when their sex tape was released by Vivid Entertainment.
- Game (2006) – Rapper and actor Game dated Kardashian from August 23, 2006, to August 30, 2006. During this one week, they went on a number of dates, but nothing came out of this relationship.
- Nick Lachey (2006) – Nick Lachey, an American singer-songwriter dated Kardashian after his divorce with Jessica Simpson in 2006. Kim and Nick had a fling in 2006.
- Nick Cannon (September 2006 – January 2007) – American actor, comedian, and rapper, Nick Cannon dated briefly with Kim Kardashian in late 2006.
- Marques Houston (2007) – In March 2007, she had a fling with R&B singer-songwriter and actor Marques Houston.
- Evan Ross (2007) – In May 2007, actor Evan Ross had an encounter with Kim Kardashian West.
- Reggie Bush (2007-2010) – Reggie Bush, an American football player started dating TV personality Kim Kardashian in 2007. He and Kardashian became a power couple and filled the pages of gossip magazines. During October 2009 the couple reconciled but couldn’t make it to the last due to Bush’s family.
- Travis Barker – Kim supposedly dated songwriter and record producer, Travis Barker, for a while.
- Cristiano Ronaldo (April 2010) – Kim Kardashian visited Spain in April 2010. She was seen kissing the star footballer, Cristiano Ronaldo outside a restaurant in Madrid.
- Miles Austin (June 2010 – September 2010) – Kim Kardashian dated Miles Austin from June to September 2010. Miles Austin is an American football player for Dallas Cowboys. They separated because they were not able to give time to each other due to their busy schedules.
- Kris Humphries (December 2010-May 2011) – Kris Humphries is an American professional basketball player, who dated Kim Kardashian in early 2011.
- Kris Humphries (May 2011-October 2011) – After dating for about 6 months, Kris proposed Kim with Rose petals and presented a 20.5 carat $2 million Lorraine Schwartz ring. They engaged in May 2011. They finally married in August 2011. People magazine paid $1.5 million for the exclusive rights to wedding photos. But, their married life didn’t go far. They separated on October 31, 2011. But, officially they are not divorced and has applied for the same. It was also weird to have mom and husband of the same name.
- Kanye West (April 2012-Present) – Kanye West started dating Kim Kardashian, in April 2012. Kanye is an American musician, film director, and music director. During May 2012, they spent a week together in Cannes for the city’s annual film festival. The couple shares two daughters, North West (b. June 15, 2013) and Chicago West (b. January 15, 2018), and two sons Saint West (b. December 5, 2015) and another one who was born in May 2019. On Kim’s 33rd birthday (that is on October 21, 2013), the couple got engaged. He proposed to her at AT&T Park in San Francisco (which he rented) by flashing a message on the stadium’s screen. On May 24, 2014, Kim and West married at Fort di Belvedere in Florence, Italy. She legally changed her name to “West”, which she announced on August 5, 2014, as reported by Hollywood Life.
Race / Ethnicity
Kim is of Armenian descent on her father’s side and has English, Dutch, French, German, and Scottish ancestry on her mother’s side.
Dark Brown (Natural)
She dyed her hair after giving birth to her daughter North West in June 2013.
On February 2, 2014, she returned back to her darker shades with light streaks. Kim first posted her pic on Instagram with the caption “I’m back”.
- Curvaceous figure
- Large Buttocks
38-26.5-41 in or 96.5-67-104 cm
12 (US) or 44 (EU)
7 (US) or 37.5 (EU)
Clothing line for Sears called Kardashian Kollection, nail polish line called OPI, owns 4 DASH boutiques, QuickTrim (Weight loss supplement), Virgins (Jewelry Line), shoedazzle, her own signature perfume, The Sugar Factory Candy Store (Signature Series Couture Lollipops), Midori Liqueur, Muscle Flex VATA athletic wear, Carls Jr. (fast food), Kardashian Glamour Tan, Divinity Collection for Beach Bunny Swimwear, Perfect Skin, Skechers, own line of signature watches, “For Every Body” candles, Tria Beauty
Best Known For
Her large butt, sexy figure, frequent TV appearances
2007 adult film Kim Kardashian: Superstar
In 2008, she appeared in a parody film called Disaster movie for her role as Lisa Taylor.
First TV Show
2007 TV Series Keeping Up With the Kardashians, which premiered on E! on October 14, 2007. It follows the life of the Kardashian family.
Young Kim Kardashian
Kim Kardashian has changed many trainers for her fitness goals and has taken help from trainers like Gunnar Peterson and Melissa Alcantara. See Kim Kardashian’s workout routine and diet plan.
Kim Kardashian Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Salads
- Favorite TV Program – Forensic Files (2000)
- Favorite Restaurants – Chipotle, California Pizza Kitchen, La Scala (Italian Restaurant)
- Favorite Makeup Products – Glam Balm by Rodial, CVS Q-tips, M.A.C. Blot film
- Favorite Bronzer – Smashbox’s Bronze Lights in Suntan Matte
- Favorite Lip Balm – Softlips PURE 100% Natural Tinted Lip Balm in Shell Pink
- Favorite Eyeliner – Stila Kajal eyeliner
- Favorite Mascara – Anastasia’s Lash Lifting Mascara
- Favorite Lipstick – NARS Belle De Jour
- Favorite Actress – Elizabeth Taylor
- Favorite Accessory – Christian Louboutin heels
- Favorite Candy – Tamarindo Candy
- Favorite Chocolate – Hershey’s Kisses
Kim Kardashian Facts
- Kim Kardashian was named as the worst dressed person in 2010 by PETA for wearing fur.
- Kim is the aunt of Mason Dash Disick and Penelope Scotland Disick.
- She does not like to take alcoholic drinks.
- She owns an online shoe company named shoedazzle.com.
- She was nominated for a Razzie Award in 2009 for Worst Supporting Actress in Disaster Movie (2008).
- Her marriage with Kris Humphries was considered to be a publicity stunt to make people more aware of the Kardashian brands and promote TV ventures.
- Kim Kardashian’s 2010 earnings were the highest among the Hollywood based reality stars, estimated at around $6 million.
- She sleeps with her eyes slightly open.
- In June 2014, Kim’s assets were estimated to be worth $45 million.
- Visit her official website @ kimkardashianwest.com.
- Follow her on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Did we miss anyone?
Kim Kardashian wants people to know that everyone has stretch marks and cellulite—even her. The 38-year-old made this clear with the campaign for her latest KKW Fragrances, KKW II and KKW III, which featured unretouched pictures of women of all shapes, shades and sizes—cellulite and all.
In an interview with Refinery29, the Keeping Up with the Kardashians star spoke about why showing women in their natural beauty was important to her, despite her history with edited Instagrams and photoshoots, and how her decision for an unretouched photoshoot was inspired by experience with paparazzi and magazines who body-shame her for her cellulite.
“When you do get shot by a paparazzi and you do have cellulite, which you know has definitely happened to me before, it’ll be on the cover of magazines like, ‘Worst Body Of The Week’ and, ‘Look how awful she looks,’” she said. “It’s always so hard on your soul when you see things like that and I see that happen to so many other women and I never thought that was fair. And so to show it in an artistic way just felt beautiful and right and I really wanted to show people that you can be beautiful no matter if you have stretch marks or cellulite.”
View this post on Instagram
MORE: 10 Celebrities Who Showed Off Their Stretch Marks and Cellulite on Instagram
The campaign, which features both models and non-models, was also inspired by the E! personality’s childhood, where she would often read magazines and not see her curvy body represented in the tall, thin women in the pages. “Just to be confident within your own skin—I think I’ve always put forth that message,” she said.
“In the magazines I would look at, everyone was super tall and skinny and I didn’t feel like I had something that represented my curvier body shape growing up. And so I just wanted to show a campaign that supports women of all different shapes to feel confident within themselves.”
View this post on Instagram
Introducing TWO new #KKWBODY Fragrances launching this Friday, 11.02 at 12PM PST at KKWFRAGRANCE.COM #KKWFRAGRANCE
MORE: 10 Celebrities Who Called Out Magazines for Photoshopping Their Bodies
As for how the campaign has affected the mom of three’s own view of her body, she said it hasn’t changed much, as she was already comfortable in her skin. Still, she’s happy to represent other figures and help women feel confident in their bodies, if they weren’t already.
“I’ve been working out a lot and being more confident, so it really hasn’t changed the way that I view my own body. I’ve always been really comfortable in my own skin and I think, to me, it was refreshing to see other people who were as well,” she said. “To see the images, it really looks like art and these beautiful statues as these beautiful bodies.”
Kim Kardashian West Tested Positive for Rheumatoid Arthritis and Lupus Antibodies
Last week’s Keeping Up with the Kardashians premiere was a stressful watch. Khloé Kardashian struggled with whether to invite Tristan Thompson to their daughter True’s birthday party. Kourtney had a crisis at the thought of turning 40. But Kim Kardashian West dealt with the most intense challenge: She found out that her blood tested positive for rheumatoid arthritis and lupus antibodies. (Related: Kim Kardashian and More Celebs Who Are “Obsessed” with CBD Beauty Products)
At the start of the episode, Kardashian West explained that she’d been experiencing a mix of unpleasant symptoms, and her first move was to rule out pregnancy. “I’ve been feeling so tired, so nauseous, and my hands have been swollen, so I did take a pregnancy test to rule it out,” she explained in the episode.
In a later scene, KKW explained that she’d been diagnosed with carpal tunnel a year ago, but that this felt different. “But lately my wrists have started to hurt again, but it’s definitely a different feeling from before,” she said. “I feel this like in my bones.” (Related: Kim Kardashian’s Shapewear Collection Has a New Name and People Are Loving It)
After Googling her symptoms, she suspected rheumatoid arthritis, and she went to a doctor for a blood test. She told her doctor that within the past week, her hands had stiffened up and felt swollen and itchy.
When her results were in, Kardashian West got bad news. “As far as your results, your antibodies are positive for lupus and rheumatoid arthritis,” her doctor told her over the phone. He went on to inform her on some common rheumatoid arthritis and lupus symptoms. “In addition to swollen joints, you’d have fevers, rash, mouth sores, be really tired.”
Both lupus and rheumatoid arthritis are autoimmune disorders, meaning they happen when your body harms its own tissues. Notably, Kardashian West was previously diagnosed with psoriasis, another autoimmune disorder that results in red scaly patches on your skin. That diagnosis might impact her odds of also having lupus or rheumatoid arthritis: In a study published in the Journal of American Dermatology, people with psoriasis were more likely to have an additional autoimmune disease or diseases. (Related: Everything Kim Kardashian Uses for Psoriasis That You Should—and Shouldn’t—Try, According to a Dermatologist)
Even though she tested positive for antibodies common in people with lupus or rheumatoid arthritis, Kardashian West doesn’t necessarily have either condition. Her doctor assured her that the test can sometimes create a false positive, so KKW booked a follow-up appointment for an ultrasound on her hands—where she’s been experiencing the most pain—to get more clarity.
“My blood test results were so scary, but these ultrasounds will really determine what’s going on with me,” said Kardashian West in last night’s KUWTK episode.
Fortunately, KKW received good news: After looking at the ultrasound, Kardashian West’s doctor determined that she does not have lupus or rheumatoid arthritis.
“First of all, if you have any evidence for lupus, we would have screened it,” he explained in the episode. “You do not have lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. So, you can be reassured.”
However, KKW’s doctor did note that the SKIMS Solutionwear founder “probably” has psoriatic arthritis, a form of arthritis that sometimes affects people who have psoriasis. Symptoms can include joint pain, stiffness, and swelling on any part of the body (including the hands and fingers, like in KKW’s case), according to Mayo Clinic.
Similar to psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis flare-ups often alternate with periods of remission. Since there’s no cure for the condition, treatment usually focuses on managing inflammation and preventing pain with various medications, lifestyle changes, and/or surgery.
In KKW’s case, she said she’s “relieved” to know the cause of her pain.
“The pain is going to come and go sometimes, but I can manage it,” she explained in last night’s KUWTK episode. “This isn’t going to stop me.”
A recent episode of the reality show Keeping Up With the Kardashians shed a not-so-glamorous insight into a reality even the wealthiest of celebrities cannot avoid.
Kim Kardashian West recently underwent medical tests after experiencing symptoms including, according to Kardashian West, numbness, swelling, fatigue, and nausea. The star underwent bloodwork and tested positive for lupus and rheumatoid arthritis (RA) antibodies. Subsequent screening found that she does not have either disease. Her doctor instead told her she likely has psoriatic arthritis, which commonly comes and goes.
Before discovering her results were a false positive, Kardashian West expressed fear and sadness at the possibility of a lupus or RA diagnosis. But Kardashian West’s experience may not be entirely uncommon.
Diagnosing lupus could be tricky because there is not a single definitive test. A combination of clinical tests and an assessment of symptoms collectively determine whether or not a patient likely has the disease. If lupus is suspected, patients will undergo a series of tests. One such procedure is the antinuclear antibody (ANA) test, which detects the presence of antibodies associated with lupus.
According to the Lupus Research Alliance, laboratory tests for lupus may include:
- Complete blood count
- Erythrocyte sedimentation rate
- Blood chemistries
- Complement levels
- Anticardiolipin antibody test
Patients with a positive ANA test and the presence of other signs of lupus may be diagnosed with the disease. It is estimated that anywhere between 95% and 98% of people with lupus will have a positive ANA test.
However, the presence of ANAs does not definitively point to lupus (or RA, as was suspected in Kardashian West’s case); according to the Johns Hopkins Lupus Center, anywhere between 5% and 10% of healthy people and people with other connective tissue diseases have ANAs. Specifically, about 20% of women could test positive for ANA and never manifest any symptoms of lupus.
Psoriatic Arthritis: What to Look For
Kardashian West was previously diagnosed with psoriasis. According to the National Psoriasis Foundation, “About 11 percent of those diagnosed with psoriasis have also been diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis. However, approximately 30 percent of people with psoriasis will eventually develop psoriatic arthritis.”
Other signs of psoriatic arthritis may include:
- Pain and swelling in the joints, ligaments, and/or tendons
- Swelling along the whole length of the fingers and toes (“sausage-like” fingers and toes)
- Limited range of motion
- Eye problems
Lupus is difficult to diagnose because symptoms can present differently in each patient; some patients may have very mild symptoms, while others will have severe, frequent flares. Some characteristics of lupus that may be similar to psoriatic arthritis include fatigue; joint pain, stiffness, and/or swelling; and dry eyes.
Kim Kardashian discusses ‘painful and scary’ psoriatic arthritis diagnosis in new essay
Kim Kardashian West has written a candid essay about her struggle with psoriasis and being informed that she has developed psoriatic arthritis.
Psoriasis is a skin condition which can cause red, flaky patches of skin to appear on areas of your body including your elbows, knees, scalp and lower back, the NHS outlines.
Kardashian West first experienced a psoriasis flare-up when she was 25 years old, which she explained came about after she had suffered from a cold.
Download the new Independent Premium app
Sharing the full story, not just the headlines
“I got a common cold, and since psoriasis is an autoimmune condition, this triggered it. It was all over my stomach and legs,” the reality star wrote in an essay published on Poosh, a website founded by her elder sister, Kourtney Kardashian.
Kardashian West’s psoriasis disappeared for a few years after she received treatment from a dermatologist, but then returned again when she was in her early thirties.
“For the past eight years, although the spots are unpredictable, I can always count on my main spot on my right lower leg, which consistently stays flared up,” the beauty mogul said.
Kardashian West stated that while her psoriasis “fully went away” during her pregnancies with daughter North and son Saint, it returned earlier this year and got “extremely bad”.
“It covered my whole face and a majority of my entire body,” the 38-year-old said.
It was at this point that Kardashian West started experiencing severe pain in her hands, to the point that on one occasion she was unable to “even pick up a toothbrush”.
The television personality visited a doctor, under the suspicion that she may have developed rheumatoid arthritis.
While an initial blood test came back positive for rheumatic arthritis and lupus, Kardashian West later discovered that the test had been a false positive, and that she had actually developed psoriatic arthritis.
“It’s similar to arthritis that can stem from psoriasis and it can come and go,” Kardashian West said.
“It’s still painful and scary, but I was happy to have a diagnosis. No matter what autoimmune condition I had, I was going to get through it, and they are all manageable with proper care.”
When a person has psoriatic arthritis, they may experience “pain, swelling and stiffness” in and around their joints, Versus Arthritis states.
According to the organisation, one in five people who have psoriasis are likely to develop psoriasis arthritis.
Kardashian West ended her essay with a message of comfort for other individuals who suffer from psoriasis.
“If you have psoriasis, you can’t let it ruin your life or get the best of you,” she wrote. “You have to do what you can do make sure you are comfortable but not let it take over.
“I live a healthy life and try to eat as plant-based as possible and drink sea moss smoothies. With all the stress in life, I try to make sure I take time for myself so that I am centred and keep my stress to a minimum.”
Kardashian West added that she hopes her story will “help anyone else with an autoimmune disease feel confident that there is light at the end of the tunnel”.
Support free-thinking journalism and attend Independent events
According to the National Psoriasis Foundation, approximately 125 million people across the globe have psoriasis.
To find out more about psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis, visit the Versus Arthritis website here.