Super Easy, Healthy Baked Fruit Dessert (vegan and gluten free)
This super easy, healthy baked fruit dessert (vegan and gluten free) is the perfect sweet treat for those of us with a raging sweet tooth that still aim to eat nutritiously. Serve in a heaping bowl on its own or top with Greek yogurt or coconut cream. This skinny fruit bake also works so well as a topping and adds fresh sweet flavor to pancakes, oatmeal, waffles and more.
Fruit is truly nature’s candy and I am a self-proclaimed fruit addict. I have a huge sweet tooth and for that reason I choose to limit the amount of dessert type foods I keep in the house. Cookies don’t last a chance in the Lee household!
Instead, I buy fruit in bulk and usually Costco has really great organic choices. So, instead of eating cookie after cookie, it’s strawberry after strawberry. Still getting my fair share of sugar, but not nearly as bad. Plus, there’s all of those vitamins and antioxidants. 🙂
Forget the crusty cobbler and cup of sugar- when fruit is roasted, the flesh softens and the natural sugars caramelize, creating an added layer of flavor that is reminiscent of the fruit in a deep-dish pie. Almost any kind of fruit in season can be thrown together and roasted for an absolutely irresistible, but still nutritious dessert.
This baked fruit dessert is simple, requiring only 8 ingredients and just 5 minutes to prepare, minus cooking time. It’s also delicious. Ripe, fresh fruit is dressed with a drizzle of maple syrup, cinnamon and lemon juice.
This baked fruit dish is begging to be made. It’s:
So easy to prepare
And the perfect diet-friendly fix!
Print 4.23 from 18 votes Nutrition Facts Super Easy, Healthy Baked Fruit Dessert (vegan and gluten free) Amount Per Serving (1 g) Calories 63 Calories from Fat 3 % Daily Value* Fat 0.3g0% Sodium 1.4mg0% Carbohydrates 15.5g5% Fiber 3.6g15% Sugar 9.8g11% Protein 0.8g2% * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Servings:9 , 1/2 cup servings Super Easy, Healthy Baked Fruit Dessert (vegan and gluten free) Prep Time: 5 mins Cook Time: 40 mins Total Time: 45 mins This super easy, healthy baked fruit dessert (vegan and gluten free) is the perfect sweet treat for those of us with a raging sweet tooth that still aim to eat nutritiously. Ingredients
- 3 cups sliced apples about 2 small apples
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large banana sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 and prepare a baking dish with coconut oil cooking spray (or other non-stick spray).
- Toss all fruit varieties in lemon juice, maple syrup and cinnamon.
- Bake for about 25-30 mins. Remove bake from oven and add slices of banana to the top. Place bake back in oven and bake for another 5-10 mins and until apple slices are of desired softness.
- Enjoy after cooling for about 10 mins with whipped cream or coconut cream. Alternatively, store in the fridge for about a week and use as a snack or dessert or as a topping for other favorite foods, like oatmeal, Greek yogurt and pancakes.
Feel free to use any favorite fruits and more or less of the amounts in the recipe instructions. Some other fruit ideas- sliced pear, sliced peaches, blueberries, cherries, grapes, cranberries. You can even add nuts and granola for an added crunch.
Author: Kim Lee Course: Dessert
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @kimscravings on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox!
Other yummy fruity desserts you’re sure to love!
Easy Cream Cheese Pie
Healthier Apple Crumble
Something to think about…
Do you have a go-to healthier dessert? Do share!
Have you entered my $300 Amazon gift card giveaway? Head on over to the giveaway post and be sure to enter!
This Easy and Healthy Fruit Dessert Pizza is quick to prepare and a huge crowd pleaser!Who doesn’t love a good dessert pizza? Easy to throw together and always a crowd pleaser, you can’t really go wrong. It’s always one of my favorite treats to nosh on at a summer party.
Those dessert pizzas can be deceiving though. All that lovely fruit piled on top is trying to trick you. Normally fresh fruit dessert pizzas are made with a sugar cookie crust, some sort of cream cheese or whipped cream frosting-like layer, and then topped with the fruit. I wanted to make a healthier fruit dessert pizza without taking away the easy factor or the delicious factor. Mission accomplished.Instead of a cookie crust, I created a coconut chocolate crust with almonds and dates. Full of nutrients, I love it even more than the traditional sugar cookie crust! And it’s a no-bake crust that is ready in minutes. I used my food processor
to mix the ingredients together easily. I know I always tell you this, but I don’t know what I’d do without my food processor. I use it on the daily!
Instead of cream cheese with powdered sugar or whipped cream, I used vanilla Greek yogurt for the filling. I usually just buy plain yogurt, but I figured I’d get the sweetened kind for a special treat. It tastes fabulous! I wouldn’t call this a super low-sugar dessert, but it is a healthier version of the standard dessert pizza. Believe me, though, you won’t feel deprived when you eat this!
I used fruit that happens to be perfect for the 4th of July, so if you are looking for a patriotic dessert for your 4th of July dessert table, this one should be added to your list! If you’re not using this for a 4th of July dessert, feel free to use whatever fruit you have on hand or are your family favorites. It’d be great with a lot of different kinds of fruits! Aren’t summer desserts the best?
Easy & Healthy Fruit Dessert Pizza
This Easy and Healthy Fruit Dessert Pizza is an easy no-bake summer dessert!
- Author: Happy Healthy Mama
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 25 pieces 1x
For the Crust
- 3 cups soft pitted dates
- 2 cups whole almonds
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup almond butter (or peanut butter)
For the Middle
- 2 1/2 cups vanilla Greek yogurt
For the Toppings
- strawberries, sliced
- Either oil a circular pizza pan (standard size) or line with parchment paper (I cut a circle from parchment paper to line mine). Set aside.
- In a food processor, processor the dates, almonds, coconut, and cocoa powder until broken down completely. Add the honey and almond butter and process until it comes together and forms a ball.
- Form the mixture into a ball. Using slightly wet hands, press the mixture onto the pizza pan. Use a rolling pin or your hands to press the mixture to the edges of the pan. Work the mixture so it is evenly distributed all the way to the edge of the pan.
- Put the crust in the freezer for 10 minutes. (I wash and slice my fruit during this time.)
- Use a spatula to spread the Greek yogurt on the crust.
- Top the crust with your fruit in a circular pattern as shown in the pictures. I didn’t include measurements for the fruit as you can use as little or as much as you prefer.
- Chill until ready to serve. A pizza cutter works well for slicing when you are ready to serve. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1/25 of recipe
- Calories: 223
- Sugar: 23 grams
- Fat: 11 grams
- Carbohydrates: 29 grams
- Fiber: 5 grams
- Protein: 6 grams
If you make this or any recipe from Happy Healthy Mama, I would LOVE to see it! Please snap a pic and tag me on Instagram or Facebook and tag me @happyhealthymama 🙂
Would you like to save this recipe for later? Here’s an image for you to save to your Pinterest recipe board!