The temperatures have been rising and if you were inspired by the pool party scene in Shrill, then you have been dying to find your very own fat babe pool party. But what to wear? No need to fret, we’ve got you covered. The plus size swimsuit market has stepped it up with sexy styles in a variety of fabrics and cup coverages that ensure your body looks fly as hell while being as comfortable as possible.
- Here are some of our go-to stores for plus size swimsuits!
- Swimsuits for All
- Forever 21
- Women’s One-Piece Swimsuits
- Women’s One-Piece Swimwear
- Best Plus Size Swimwear for Aquatic Exercise
- Supportive Plus-Size Swimwear for Aquatic Workouts
- Vigorous Swimming, Training, and Competing
- Lap Swimming
- Water Aerobics
- Correct Body Measurements for Ideal Fits
- Special Figure Concerns
- 1. Ribbed One-Piece Swimsuit, $34.90 at Forever 21
- 2. Colorblock One-Piece Swimsuit, $99.95 at Eloquii
- 3. Ribbed Bralette Bikini Top & Bottom, both $19.99 at Target
- 4. The Sissone Bikini Top, $59 at Modcloth
- 5. GabiFresh x Swimsuits For All Ember Cut-Out One Piece, $54 at Swimsuits For All
- 6. Supportive Halter Plunge Bikini Top & Skirted Bottom Set, $61 at ASOS
- 7. Contrast Piping One-Piece Swimsuit, $74.17 at Torrid
- 8. Parasail Away With Me Bikini Top & Bottom, $55 and $45 at Modcloth
- 9. Ashley Graham x Swimsuits For All Retro Crinkle One Piece, $75.60 at Swimsuits For All
- 10. Recycled High Waist Bikini Bottom, $23 at ASOS
- 11. Polka Dot Underwire Swim Dress, $106.90 at Torrid
- 12. Shimmer One-Piece, $199.95 at Eloquii
- 13. Lace-Up One Piece, $34.90 at Forever 21
- 14. The Lauren One-Piece Swimsuit, $79 at Modcloth
- 15. Ashley Graham x Swimsuits For All Throwback One Piece, $75.60 at Swimsuits For All
- 16. Mix and Match Halter Top and Tieside Pant Bikini, $35 at ASOS
- 17. Blue Gingham Ruched One-Piece, $98.90 at Torrid
- 18. Drama Ruffle Bikini Top, $49.95 at Eloquii
- 19. Sunburst Swimsuit, $34.99 at Fashion Nova
- 20. The Reese One-Piece Swimsuit, $89 at Modcloth
- 21. The Siena One-Piece Swimsuit, $89 at Modcloth
- 22. Ashley Graham x Swimsuits For All Hotshot Striped One-Piece, $72 at Swimsuits For All
- 23. South Beach High Leg Bikini Bottom, $23 at ASOS
- 24. Long-Line Bikini Top, $49.95 at Eloquii
- 25. Graphic Print One-Piece, $59 at Venus
- 26. The Stacey One-Piece Swimsuit, $79 at Modcloth
- 27. GabiFresh x Swimsuits For All Blaze Underwire One Piece, $79.80 at Swimsuits For All
- 28. High Neck Bikini Top, $24.99 at Target
- 29. Long-Line Bikini Top, $49.95 at Eloquii
- 30. Lemon Dot Peplum Midkini, $78.90 at Torrid
- 31. The Shirley Bikini Top, $49 at Modcloth
- 32. Kulani Kinis High-Leg Bikini Bottoms, $49 at Forever 21
- 33. Mentor Gold High Waist Bikini, $57 at Swimsuits For All
- 34. City Chic High Waist Bikini Bottom, $45 at ASOS
- 35. All That Matters Swimsuit, $34.99 at Fashion Nova
- 36. Black Floral High Neck Bikini Top, $58.90 at Torrid
- 37. American Graphic One Piece Swimsuit, $22.90 at Forever 21
- 38. Kona Sol Laceup Back One Piece Swimsuit, $39.99 at Target
- 39. The Siena One-Piece Swimsuit, $89 at Modcloth
- 40. Ruffle Off-the-Shoulder One Piece, $89.95 at Eloquii
- 41. The Sissone Bikini Top, $59 at Modcloth
Here are some of our go-to stores for plus size swimsuits!
Instagram/@emyneedsaraincoat by @nadineettom
We stan the Canadian original of plus-size fashion. Not only does Addition Elle have full-piece swimsuits, but there are also bikinis, tankinis, and one-pieces – oh my! While the designs are pretty simple, one thing we do love is that Addition Elle regularly has sales in-store and online, which means you can cop some new suits for as low as $28 or as high as $240.
Swimsuits for All
Honestly one of the first places we check when we’re ordering online for a bikini is Swimsuits for All. This is largely in part to this collaboration line with Gabifresh, which year after year has knocked it out of the park. Both of Gabifresh and Ashley Graham (yes, the plus size model) signature lines go up to a size 24, but the site offers plus-size suits up to a size 28-40. Best part? You can mix and match your top and bottom sizes!
Of course, when we think about plus-size fashion, we think Torrid. We were honestly surprised with many of the cute options that Torrid had in store: including cuts, fabrics, designs (hi, there is a Harry Potter themed bikini) and prices. Plus, all of the suits go up to a Torrid size 6 (equivalent to a size 30), which means it’s fairly inclusive. Check out the Swim Fit Guide and then dig in.
Nobody wants to spend a lot of coins when shopping for a bathing suit. This is why we always turn to Forever 21 when it comes to fast fat fashion. The suits are trendy and cheap, the store is has lots of flowy caftans and cover-ups for the beach, and you won’t go broke looking like the baddest babe on the beach. How about dem apples? Forever 21 typically reaches up to a 3X in sizing but sometimes can fit small so it’s best to try things on in the store, or read the reviews online.
We are obsessed with anything and everything Eloquii does, and the swimwear line also kills it. With bold colours, lots of colour blocking, and fun retro patterns – you’ll want to snap up all the suits Eloquii has on offer. The suits typically range in price from $90-$45 but every now and then, the site has a major 40-60% off sale. So check in and save big!
Plus size just launched with Anthropologie, so we’re pretty excited to see the brands first season of swimwear. It’s a pretty small collection with only six suits. The prices also range from $78 to 120, which tracks with the rest of the collection. While it is a small collection, we’re a bit disappointed to see that 90% of the collection is full-piece suites. It’s still cute though!
It has been called the holy grail of swimwear by some, but ModCloth is the cute, classic, and timeless brand that we’ve come to know and love. With so many options to chose from (no really, there are over 30 suits on the site) that go up to a size 26, the suits do tend to fit a bit small. One big thing: read the online reviews (if you’re unsure) as some of the fabrics and the underwire can change how the suits fit for each body type. Another thing to keep in mind? If you’ve never ordered from the site, you can get 15% off your first purchase. Score!
A lot of people have a lot of opinions online about Shein, especially when it comes to the retailers plus-size clothing. Here is our take after reading the reviews: it’s decent but you just need to know your proper and full measurements. Also, the shipping can be a bit slow, but the quality and pricing are all legit. With prices ranging from $9 – $35 for bikinis to kimonos, it’s definitely worth checking out.
Featured Image: Instagram/@swimsuitsforall
Articles You May Be Interested In:
My Honest Opinion On Anthropologie’s New Plus Size Collection
8 Plus Size Activewear Brands To Know About
What Knix’s All Inclusive Swimwear Line Looks Like On 5 Different Body Types
12 Of The Best Places To Shop Plus Size Clothes In Canada
Plus Size Shopping is Hard: I Tried 6 Stores and Here’s What I Thought
Women’s One-Piece Swimsuits
Women’s One-Piece Swimwear
When the temperature rises, drop a supercool summer look with a women’s one-piece swimsuit! Whether you’re headed to the pool, lake, or on vacation to a warm-weather destination, a new swimsuit helps you make a splash.
There are many different types of swimsuits for all style preferences, body types, and occasions near the water. With so many choices to choose from, it can be overwhelming when it comes to deciding which swimwear is right for you. The information below is sure to help you identify that perfect swimsuit, and get you kicking back and relaxing in no time!
Women’s one-piece swimsuit styles
Swimsuits styles not only offer different looks and fashion elements, but they are designed to help complement your specific body type. Combining the right look with the correct fitting suit can really make your summertime style stand out!
The monokini is a sexy cross between a one-piece and bikini. It offers midsection coverage while showing off your sides and back.
Tanks have built-in straps and basic one-piece styling. They can feature tummy-slimming, bust-enhancing or body-sculpting solutions.
This suit has an attached, flared skirt that flatters and adds shape to your hips and backside.
The body sculptor features a strapless design with full coverage from bust to bottom. It usually has detachable straps for added support.
The blouson features an elastic waist which creates a billowy top that hangs over the waistband for midsection coverage.
Making sure your swimsuit is on-trend is an important part of the decision-making process. As quickly as summer comes and goes, so do swimwear trends and fashion details.
If you’re looking for a suit that has an on-trend pattern or print, look for those with tropical, floral, tie-dye, geometric, or animal prints. Colorblock and colorslize designs are also fashionable.
Trendy cover-up styles include rompers, big-shirt silhouettes, and more.
And when it comes to the finer details, ruffles, metallic accents, sheer insets, macrame, crochet, and pom-pom details keep you at the forefront of swimwear fashion.
Swimsuit size guide
After determining which style of swimsuit you want, you’ll need to know which size option is right for you. It’s super easy to determine your measurements so that you can match them up with the sizes a brand offers for their swimwear. Using your measurements and the brand’s size chart, you will have confidence in picking the perfect size for you.
And if you require an extended size or plus-size suit, know that you can always find a fit and look that’s ideal for your unique features and style sense.
Other swim essentials
Just because you found the ideal swimsuit doesn’t mean your warm-weather collection is complete! Other must-have apparel items like women’s cover-ups, sunglasses, and more enhance your look and protect you from the sun’s rays. For added comfort at the beach or pool, towels, outdoor chairs, and more are sure to make your vacation time even more relaxing and enjoyable. And keep refreshments close by and cold with rolling coolers and durable tumblers.
Now that you’re equipped with everything you need, get out there and start soaking up the sun!
Best Plus Size Swimwear for Aquatic Exercise
Supportive Plus-Size Swimwear for Aquatic Workouts
The best swimsuits for various aquatic fitness activities like rigorous exercise and training routines, lap swimming, and water aerobics provide comfort, support, and performance. Chlorine resistance makes active swimandsweat suits last longer, so they’re ideal for frequent use. Let your workout types and body issues guide your bathing suit selection.
Vigorous Swimming, Training, and Competing
Exercise and training bathing suits for serious and competitive swimmers should be one-piece silhouettes. Rigorous activities demand full-coverage plus-size swimwear, such as a high neck one piece. They deliver extra coverage from your neck to your mid-thigh and stay in place. Look for racerbacks that prevent strap slippage and twisting, facilitating easy and continuous shoulder movements. A snug fit is better than a tight one that might cut off your circulation or cause pain.
Competitive bathing suit designs, materials, and purposes differ from fashion options. Ideal prospects are form-fitting with racerbacks and enough torso length to ensure complete coverage, optimal comfort, and streamlined shapes. Pick styles with tummy-control liners to create long sleek lines that smooth your body, decrease drag, and improve water flow. Stretchy fabrics also will maximize your swimming speed. Swimwear manufacturers treat these high-quality materials for chlorine resistance to extend their lives greatly.
For noncompetitive water workouts like swimming laps, streamlined one-piece bathing suits don’t create excessive drag that limits your momentum. You also need secure and comfortable straps because you’ll be repeating arm movements. Check out our sporty plus-size bathing suits that fulfill both goals. Choose from active, crossover, fit, keyhole, power, and racerbacks for the utmost range of shoulder motion and dependable support. Thicker stay-put straps make arm strokes easier. Avoid thin straps that might slip off your shoulders or dig into your skin, which could slow your speed.
Bathing suits that combine comfort with performance are your best bets for aquatic fitness classes like water aerobics. Search for one-piece styles offering adequate coverage with scoop backs and wide supportive straps that enable and ease arm movements. When you have a full figure, your bust needs extra support while twisting and jumping in pool exercise programs. So try a one-piece plus-size swimsuit with soft bra cups. If you suffer from conditions like arthritis that limit your range of motion, two-piece tankinis are easy to put on and take off. Because they’re less restrictive than one-piece swimsuits, they also may increase your comfort in the pool.
Correct Body Measurements for Ideal Fits
Swimsuits that fit comfortably will encourage you to stick with your chosen water fitness activities. To order the correct size, measure your:
Torso length: Run a tape measure from your shoulder’s highest point between your legs and then back up the other side to the tape’s original tip.
Bust: Place the tape measure over your chest’s fullest part, wrapping it around your back and shoulder blades.
Waist: Measure your torso’s narrowest part.
Hips: Keeping the tape measure parallel to the floor, wrap it around your hips’ fullest area.
Below Swimandsweat’s style descriptions, click on size chart in the Details section for clothing size comparisons or measurements by brand and size. Many also list sizing tips like fits true to size or order one or two sizes larger.
Special Figure Concerns
Although function is your main motive when choosing water fitness swimsuits, certain styles will help you look and feel your best. Generally, solid-colored bathing suits with high Spandex percentages deliver comfortable plus-size confidence. Modifications address these areas of concern:
Full bust:To raise your ample breasts, go for one-piece swimsuits with bra cups. Adjustable straps can hike up your voluptuous chest. For a little lifting action, pick stylish twist fronts. High, raised scoop, and square necklines provide enough extra coverage to contain your generous bust. Skip revealing V-necks to avoid accidental and embarrassing spillovers.
Pear shaped: One-piece and tankini bathing suits with upper areas in lighter shades or patterns and solid-colored dark bottoms minimize heavy hips and thick thighs. Conspicuous tops make plainer lower regions less noticeable.
Apple shaped: Dark solid-colored sides with print center inserts will shrink your waist. Try shirring and power mesh or tummy control panels to trim your full midriff. V-necks and twist fronts will draw attention to your bust and away from your belly.
Long waist: Tankini and long-torso one-piece swimsuits fit better than standard one-piece styles
If you weren’t already excited for the summer, Forever 21’s plus-size swimsuit line will get you pumped. The international retailer just dropped a new collection for 2017 filled with fun styles. There are graphic options with sassy phrases like “not your bae.” There are also sexy bikinis with peek-a-boo cutouts and lace-up details. And we don’t even know where to start with all of the fun colors and prints. The collection is full of pretty pastels, cool earth tones, and wild animal prints.
It wouldn’t be Forever 21 if they didn’t come with amazing price tags. The most expensive swimsuit clocks in at an affordable $35. Even better: Some of the styles are also marked down for less than $10. So you might as well grab two (or three) for your next getaway before they sell out. We’ve rounded up our favorite styles below.
Related: Copy Danielle Brooks’ Vacation Style for Under $100
One-Piece Swimsuit, $35 Courtesy of forever21.comBow Bikini Top, $20. Bikini Bottoms, $18. Courtesy of forever21.comOne-Piece Swimsuit, $30 Courtesy of forever21.comBae One-Piece Swimsuit, $28 Courtesy of forever21.comBraided Bikini Bottoms, $18 Courtesy of forever21.comPalm Tree Print Bikini Bottoms, $10 Courtesy of forever21.com
You may also like: Iskra Lawrence Explains How She Learned to Love Her Body
With the arrival of spring weather comes the inevitable arrival of pool parties and beach vacations. Whether you’re planning an elaborate spring trip to the tropics or you actually live someplace that’s warm enough to hang poolside in the spring (if you live in LA, come chill with me by the pool!), there’s always an excuse to don a cute plus-size swimsuit. However, if you’ve been hoping the weather never changes so you’ll have an excuse not to wear a swimsuit, that’s about to change. (I hope.)
Everyone deserves to feel good wearing a swimsuit—case and point. There’s no “right” way to wear a bathing suit, and there’s certainly no “right” body for a swimsuit, either. Sometimes it feels like the swimsuit industry (Is that a thing? I think it’s a thing.) is out to get plus-size women. So many swimsuits are flimsy pieces of barely-there fabric that have no support for larger breasts or any sort of body coverage for those who want it. Some plus-size women love to bare it all, but even swimsuits made to show a lot of skin don’t often come in extended sizing. And for those who want more coverage from their swimsuit, there are few options that are actually cute. It feels like we’re playing a rigged game.
But spring also represents starting fresh, and that’s what I plan to do this year regarding plus-size swimwear. Because I know how exhausting it can be to try and find cute plus-size swimsuits in all different styles—bikini, high-waisted two-piece, once piece—I scoured the web and rounded up 41 super cute plus-size swimsuits that will leave you feeling confident and ready to hit the pool. Whatever your personal preference, there’s a swimsuit option waiting for you. So go ahead and dive in.
1. Ribbed One-Piece Swimsuit, $34.90 at Forever 21
Keeping it simple with a white one-piece.
2. Colorblock One-Piece Swimsuit, $99.95 at Eloquii
You’ll be the coolest one at the pool party.
3. Ribbed Bralette Bikini Top & Bottom, both $19.99 at Target
You gotta have a little animal print.
4. The Sissone Bikini Top, $59 at Modcloth
Everything about this bikini is just too cute.
5. GabiFresh x Swimsuits For All Ember Cut-Out One Piece, $54 at Swimsuits For All
Barbie meets BDSM.
6. Supportive Halter Plunge Bikini Top & Skirted Bottom Set, $61 at ASOS
Swim skirts are too cute.
7. Contrast Piping One-Piece Swimsuit, $74.17 at Torrid
That piping detail is the perfect thing to spice up a black swimsuit.
8. Parasail Away With Me Bikini Top & Bottom, $55 and $45 at Modcloth
The pattern on this bikini is oh-so-cute.
9. Ashley Graham x Swimsuits For All Retro Crinkle One Piece, $75.60 at Swimsuits For All
A hot pink dream.
10. Recycled High Waist Bikini Bottom, $23 at ASOS
A swimsuit staple you can mix and match with anything.
11. Polka Dot Underwire Swim Dress, $106.90 at Torrid
Polka dots are always a good idea.
12. Shimmer One-Piece, $199.95 at Eloquii
Like a shimmering mermaid.
13. Lace-Up One Piece, $34.90 at Forever 21
The lace-up detail is everything.
14. The Lauren One-Piece Swimsuit, $79 at Modcloth
You’d look amazing wearing this by the pool.
15. Ashley Graham x Swimsuits For All Throwback One Piece, $75.60 at Swimsuits For All
Neon details? Yes, please.
16. Mix and Match Halter Top and Tieside Pant Bikini, $35 at ASOS
It’s a neon snake print bikini. What else do you even need?
17. Blue Gingham Ruched One-Piece, $98.90 at Torrid
Gingham for spring and summer is an absolute must.
18. Drama Ruffle Bikini Top, $49.95 at Eloquii
This may be the coolest bikini top I’ve ever seen.
19. Sunburst Swimsuit, $34.99 at Fashion Nova
Squeeze the day.
20. The Reese One-Piece Swimsuit, $89 at Modcloth
All about that ruffle detail.
21. The Siena One-Piece Swimsuit, $89 at Modcloth
This swimsuit is just so cheery!
22. Ashley Graham x Swimsuits For All Hotshot Striped One-Piece, $72 at Swimsuits For All
Gotta love a classic black and white stripe.
23. South Beach High Leg Bikini Bottom, $23 at ASOS
You can never go wrong with leopard print.
24. Long-Line Bikini Top, $49.95 at Eloquii
Have your fruits and wear them, too.
25. Graphic Print One-Piece, $59 at Venus
Kind of like wearing an abstract painting.
26. The Stacey One-Piece Swimsuit, $79 at Modcloth
Taste the rainbow. Wear the rainbow.
27. GabiFresh x Swimsuits For All Blaze Underwire One Piece, $79.80 at Swimsuits For All
Hot as the freakin’ sun.
28. High Neck Bikini Top, $24.99 at Target
So many pretty flowers on this bikini top.
29. Long-Line Bikini Top, $49.95 at Eloquii
The prettiest green you can mix and match.
30. Lemon Dot Peplum Midkini, $78.90 at Torrid
When life hands you lemons, wear ’em.
31. The Shirley Bikini Top, $49 at Modcloth
This bikini has the coolest vintage vibe.
32. Kulani Kinis High-Leg Bikini Bottoms, $49 at Forever 21
Perfect for any beach vacation.
33. Mentor Gold High Waist Bikini, $57 at Swimsuits For All
Solid gold, baby.
34. City Chic High Waist Bikini Bottom, $45 at ASOS
35. All That Matters Swimsuit, $34.99 at Fashion Nova
This royal blue is so freakin’ pretty.
36. Black Floral High Neck Bikini Top, $58.90 at Torrid
You could totally wear this bikini to every music festival ever.
37. American Graphic One Piece Swimsuit, $22.90 at Forever 21
Fourth of July will be here before you know it. Be prepared with this swimsuit.
38. Kona Sol Laceup Back One Piece Swimsuit, $39.99 at Target
A fun take on animal print.
39. The Siena One-Piece Swimsuit, $89 at Modcloth
A good color-block swimsuit is all you need all season long.
40. Ruffle Off-the-Shoulder One Piece, $89.95 at Eloquii
How fruity. 😉
41. The Sissone Bikini Top, $59 at Modcloth
Too cute for words.
Our mission at STYLECASTER is to bring style to the people, and we only feature products we think you’ll love as much as we do. Please note that if you purchase something by clicking on a link within this story, we may receive a small commission of the sale.