Image Credit: Keisha Mayenge
Here is the plain truth, a well toned curvy female body is very attractive!
The curves of the female body are so feminine and it’s very mesmerizing to look at!
That’s why when curvy celebrities like Kim k or Beyonce Instagram pictures, they normally get millions of likes because people love to look at it!
Having a hourglass figure was one of the most sought after shapes in 2016 and will be continuing in 2017.
After reading this post, you will have a clear direction on how to get a curvy body the right way.
The thing is, having a curvy body is all about being healthy and strong. If you weren’t born with an hourglass figure, there are many workouts that can help you to sculpt and uncover your curves and bring them to light.
Having a curvy body or hourglass figure is the ultimate look of femininity, that was made popular by the late Marilyn Monroe and other 60’s female Hollywood icons.
To get a curvy body your waist needs to be small, your hips and bust needs to be slightly wider and your butt must be lifted.
Now, let’s go straight into the guide to show you how exactly this can be achieved as long you’re consistent and dedicated.
Note: Everyone’s bone structure and built are based their genetics but that doesn’t mean you cannot sculpt the body of your dreams. However, you must keep in mind a realistic goal to achieve the best curves your body can produce.
Now let’s get started.
- Beyond Curvy Vs. Skinny
- Skinny Women → To Get Curves,
- Diet Plan To Get Curves
- A Workout Plan for Your Body Type: “Skinny Girl”
- Secrets of the skinny women who NEVER diet
- Why You Are Fat And Will Never Be Skinny [The Harsh Truth]
- But it gets even worse….
- Why YOU are “big-boned” (and always will be…)
- 1. You eat too much. Obviously
- 2. You eat at bad times
- 3. Your friends are fat
- 4. You eat the wrong foods
- 5. You eat more than you burn
- 6. You’re addicted to sugar
- 7. You eat out of boredom
- 8. You eat convenience food
- 9. You eat cheap food
- 10. You have no willpower
- 11. You dismiss common sense
- 12. You give up too easily
- 13. You don’t plan or prep
- 14. Your friends won’t tell you the harsh truth
- 15. You think it’s normal
- 16. You blame your genes, metabolism and even thyroids
- 17. You don’t think you’re even that fat
- 18. You are selfish
- Stop asking yourself dumb questions
- Conclusion: Let’s wrap this up
- Here’s the real secret to losing weight and staying thin (Hint: You’re not going to like it)
Step 1: Shed the excess weight by doing cardio
For your true curves to show you need to lose the excess body fat that is hiding them. That’s why the first step is to lose the excess body fat.
And one of the most powerful and effective way to do that is by doing cardio.
Generally speaking, your body needs to burn more calories than the amount you consume.
Cardio is just a type of exercise that will help to burn through the calories that you ate through the day.
There are various types of cardio that you can do, for example, walking, sprinting and jogging.
It depends on what your fitness objectives are but some cardio workouts are definitely better suited than others.
For example, if you want to focus on losing weight then doing high intensity workouts is the best option.
In the video below you’ll see an example of a very effective cardio HIIT workout routine that you can do to help speed up the fat burning process and help trim away the excess fat to show your true curves.
Doing this will help to keep your weight in check and prevent you from gaining excess body fat.
Note: If you have excess body fat or if you’re overweight, this should be the first step that you take in losing the excess body fat.
However, if you are slim and have a petite body structure skip this step because the purpose of doing cardio in this case is to help you lose weight.
It doesn’t make sense for a slim person to lose more weight as that will cause you to become anorexic and it’s very unhealthy.
Step 2: it’s time to slim your waist
OK now that we have covered step 1 on how to get a curvy body, for step 2 we’re going to focus on you getting a smaller waist that will help the amplify your curves.
An hourglass figure or curvy body isn’t complete without well toned belly and a small waist because that is what will help to give you that curvy look from top to bottom.
Now bear in mind, you do not have to get a super tiny waist, you just need to lose the excess fat from your waist and bring out the curves that have been hiding under the layers of fat.
One of the most critical things you must understand when trying to get a small waist is that strength training and diet plays a very important role.
This is because these exercises will help to strengthen your core and tone your abs.
If you want to know how to make your waist smaller then diet and exercise are the ultimate solutions.
Your results depends on the amount of hard work that you’re willing to put into it and clean eating. Nothing comes easy in life and neither does having the curvy body of your dreams.
To get a smaller waist you have to be dedicated to an effective workout plan that will help to trim and sculpt your waistline.
Now in the video below there’s a very effective smaller waist workout routine that you can include in your overall plan to get a curvy body.
Many of our subscribers and readers have gotten fantastic results doing this routine, so include this in your workout plan and it will transform your waist, therefore helping to show your hourglass figure.
As mentioned before, your results solely depends on your ability to stick to the smaller waist exercise plan and eating healthy.
These workouts are specifically targeted to the lower belly, upper abdominal and obliques.
Tips for a smaller waist
- Make sure to drink enough water – You’ll be surprised how not consuming enough water can sabotage your fitness goals. This is very important, especially for those who are trying to lose the excess body fat. Drinking water regularly will help to prevent your body from getting confused between hunger and thirst. The best way to limit this tendency is to drink water at least eight times daily to keep your body well hydrated.
- Trying to focus on quality instead of quantity – Most people when they diet they tend not to eat anything as opposed to eating healthy foods that will not add excess fat or sugar. One of the secrets of dieting is that eating more healthy foods will help you lose more weight and will not add any excess calories to your body.
Step 3: start toning your upper body (shoulders, chest and arms)
Surprisingly, a lot of women avoid working out their upper bodies for some reason. However, if you want to get a curvy body or hourglass figure, your upper body must be in good shape.
For your upper body to be properly toned, you must increase your lean muscle mass which involves doing strength training, cardio and of course eating healthy.
By focusing on your upper body it will help your body to have the best upper body to lower body weight ratio.
So make sure that you do not skip your upper body workout routines.
Below you will see some of the best upper body workouts that you can do to help tone your chest, arms and shoulders.
If you’re not doing push-ups you’re missing out on one of the most powerful exercises to tone your upper body.
- To do this, start in a plank position with hands planted directly under your shoulders slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Make sure your toes are ground into the floor and stabilize the bottom half of your body.
- Slightly lower your body by bending your elbows until you almost reach the ground and then return to the starting position and repeat.
This is one of our favorite workouts, because it’s so powerful in toning your arms and shoulders. To perform this you will need a bench or chair.
- Point your fingers towards your toes and bend your elbows and ensure to keep your hips and butt lifted off the ground.
- Now gently lower your body till it almost touches the ground and then go back up to the starting position. Repeat.
Step 4: Sexify your butt and thighs
This is one of the most attractive parts of a curvy body. You want to make sure that your lower body, such as your butt and thighs, are in good curvaceous shape.
But let’s just get straight to the point for what you need to do to get a bigger butt and sexy lean thighs.
1. Do butt and thigh targeted exercises every other day
The reason why you want to do it every other day is because your butt and thigh muscles will need time to recover and grow. Overworking your muscles isn’t a good thing as it only slows down your results.
In the video below is a great example of an effective butt and thigh workout routine that you can do to help sculpt your lower body.
2. Do some strength training exercises.
This isn’t a must but it’s one of the best workouts you can do to help tone your butt and thigh muscles.
You can do 30 minutes of bodyweight exercises for about 3-4 times a week and do weightlifting in addition to your cardio routine that will help to tone your muscles.
3. Exercise to tone your hip muscles
Remember that you want to achieve that curvaceous look, therefore, your hips have to be well toned and trimmed to show its natural curve.
In the next step we will go into details about what you can do to help achieve that.
Step 5: how to make your hips wider
Your hip width is determined by your pelvic bones, however, it is still possible to widen your hips by doing some targeted exercises and making some slight changes to your diet.
If you want to get wider hips then you have to be willing to do some hips targeting workouts that will help to grow your side booty muscles.
In the video below we have created one of the best workout routines that can help to widen your hips to amplify your hourglass shape.
HOW to get a curvy body faster
Make sure to consume a meal every 3 to 4 hours
This will help you to eat more calories without feeling overly stuffed. Also, avoid drinking liquids with meals as they will fill you up and cause you to eat less.
Choose only healthy foods
This cannot be stressed enough. For you to get the body of your dreams you must be willing to sacrifice your love for junk food and start eating good healthy foods.
For example, instead of eating white rice go for brown rice. Eat foods that are rich in fiber such as wheat bread, mixed nuts and vegetables.
Drink up your protein shakes
The thing is, your protein shakes will help to ensure that any extra weight that you gain will go to your muscles and not stored as fat. The best time to drink protein shakes are before and after workouts and even before bed, to help you keep filled for the night.
Use the right amount of weights
If you plan to do any form of strength training don’t use weights that are too light or too heavy, but you can can increase the weights as you go along to stay challenged.
Always beat your last workout
This is where a lot of people fail, because they fail to push themselves more and do better.
If you want to get the maximum results in the shortest time possible, you have to be willing to beat your last workout by doing more reps, sets or even using heavier weights.
This is what you have to do to get the curvy body you want.
Don’t give up
If this is something you really want, make the effort and dedication to be consistent with the workouts provided and you will start to see results and even your family and friends will start to notice changes in your body.
It’s time to start taking action
Many women want to know how to get a curvy body but are going about it the wrong way.
But you have found a very effective plan and guide that you can follow that will get you fantastic results, so go ahead and start taking action and never give up.
Beyond Curvy Vs. Skinny
Overweight. Fat. Obese. Chubby. Plump. Big. Thick. Stout. Big-boned. Curvy.
No matter what word we choose, we all know what they mean. We are referring to someone whose weight and/or measurements are higher than what is considered healthy for the average person of their height, age, etc. While I am all for loving your body no matter the size or shape, we need to rethink the last word on the list. Curvy. This term is innocently cloaked in the guise of politeness and body positivity, but actually continues to promote stereotypical conceptions of beauty.
Firstly, the term is simply inaccurate. A curve, according to Oxford, is “a line or outline that gradually deviates from being straight for some or all of its length.” There you go. The opposite of a curved line is a straight line. The curved line isn’t necessarily bigger than the straight line. It’s just, well, curvier. So, it doesn’t really make sense to use “curvy” to refer to someone’s overall size, weight, or measurements. Curves are about proportion. An hourglass figure in which the waist is noticeably smaller than the hips and bust will contain curves because of the comparable variance in size. A figure in which the waist, bust and hips are much closer in size to each other will naturally have a straighter silhouette. These body shapes and all the ones in between can occur in anyone regardless of weight. Anyone can have curves.
OK, OK, so maybe it isn’t the most exact term, but “curvy” sounds so much nicer than “fat.” Well, yes, but only because of the negative connotation our society has placed on the word “fat.” When we choose to say “curvy” instead, what we are really saying is that there is something wrong with fat. Fat makes us uncomfortable. We don’t even want to say the word. It is politically incorrect to acknowledge if someone weighs more than their doctor recommends. And as J.K. Rowling put it, “Fear of a name only increases fear of the thing itself” (“Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets”). Coming up with pleasant sounding but largely inaccurate euphemisms only enforces the idea that being overweight is usually bad and unattractive. Humans created language, and it continues to evolve as we interact with it every day. We made “fat” a bad word. And now, instead of working to remove this shallow stigma, we are twisting the meanings of other words to pretend fatphobia never existed.
For people such as myself, this term is especially troubling. I am short, fit and of an average weight. I also have a definite hourglass figure and major body-image issues. I always wanted to be skinny. And though some people may apply that term to me anyway, I would rather lose my curves and just be thin all over. But even when my weight fluctuates, the overall shape of my body remains the same. Whenever someone refers to me as “curvy” or mentions my “curves,” I start feeling paranoid that they are secretly insulting my weight or the size of my body. I know that my body is small, but my mind tells me I am fat everyday. As someone who lives with this tension everyday, the “curvy” euphemism only makes me doubt whether people really think curves are attractive or if they are trying to soothe the feelings of someone society tends to call unattractive. This is the problem with such inaccurate terms. It is hard to tell what someone actually means when they use them, if they mean what they say or if they are simply putting on the face of a good, politically correct citizen.
If, as our language seems to imply, fat is the opposite of skinny, and fat equals curvy, then you cannot be skinny and curvy at the same time. So what am I? What are all the other people who, like me, fall somewhere between the two extremes? Skinny is valued for being petite, slender and youthful. Curvy is valued for being feminine, sexy, and voluptuous. Considering those as the two options creates an extreme binary that claims you must be one or the other. A slim curvy woman or a overweight woman with a straight figure are both worthy of beauty. Body positivity is about accepting people of all types. Thinking of skinny and curvy as opposites is still feeding into predetermined notions of how women are supposed to look. Bigger women don’t need curves to be attractive. There is so much more than skinny vs. curvy that we fail to acknowledge when these terms are used as two extremes of a spectrum.
Language is fluid and people should feel free to use whatever words make sense to them. I only ask that we think about what we are saying. We can talk honestly about our bodies without being offensive if we work to remove the stigma associated with certain words, rather than discarding the words completely. Couching our labels in inaccurate euphemisms doesn’t change the fact that they are still labels. Language should liberate us, not restrict us.
Thin. Tall. Muscular. Petite. Pear-shaped. Heavy-set. Fun-sized. Chunky. Curvy.
There’s a whole dictionary of words to choose from. Don’t let just one define you.
Skinny Women → To Get Curves,
- Do workouts A, B & C below 1-to-2 days a week following one of these schedules
- Use the diet plan on this page to gain weight & get curves without gaining any belly fat.
- Fat Women: Just use this plan to lose enough weight to reveal your sexy curves.
To Get a Curvier Butt, Hips & Thicker Thighs,
- Do 3-to-6 sets of 5-to-15 reps of ONE exercise from GROUP 1 & GROUP 2 1-to-2 days per week.
- Use weights heavy enough to FORCE You to do No More & No Less than 5-to-15 reps per set.
- Skip GROUP 2 if you don’t want thicker thighs. GROUP 1 targets the Butt & Hips only.
- Do this workout if you don’t have weights.
This Is Important…
- To get a curvier or bigger butt, hips & thighs as fast as possible, You must get stronger each time you workout by using heavier weights, doing more reps (no more than 15) and/or sets (no more than 6) because a stronger muscle is a bigger muscle.
- For example… If you did 3 sets of 10 reps using 100 pounds then in your next workout you want to do at least 4 sets, use 101 pounds and/or do 11 reps.
- Using the same amount of weight, reps and/or sets will not increase your curves because you’re not getting any stronger. See 7 steps to build muscle as fast as possible to better understand why.
- Also Important: Keep a training log to track how much weight, reps & sets you did so you’ll know exactly how much weight, reps & sets you’ll need to do to get stronger in your next workout.
- Tip: Use 1 of these 16 fast muscle building tricks whenever you’re unable to increase the weight and/or do more reps.
Click Pics for Exercise Tips
Click Pics for Exercise Tips
To Make your Breast Look Bigger,
- Do 2-to-6 sets of 8-to-20 reps of ONE exercise from GROUP 1 & GROUP 2 1-to-2 days per week.
- Keep a training log and Only increase the weight when you can easily do more than 15-to-20 reps.
- GROUP 1 lifts, firms & perks up your breast.
- GROUP 2 helps to fix your posture to make your breast look bigger.
Once you build enough muscle to have firmer breast and better posture,
- Do Workout B 1-to-2 times every 2 weeks using the same amount of weight, reps and sets every workout to maintain your results and to prevent you from building massive chest & back muscles like guys do with progressively heavier weights, more reps and/or sets.
- Depending on how bad your posture is you may want to add these exercises to workout B.
Click Pics for Exercise Tips
Click Pics for Exercise Tips
To Get Firmer Arms,
- Do 2-to-6 sets of 8-to-20 reps of ONE exercise from GROUP 1 & GROUP 2 1-to-2 days per week.
- Keep a training log and Only increase the weight when you can easily do more than 15-to-20 reps.
- GROUP 1 firms up the back of your arms. GROUP 2 firms up the front of your arms.
Once you build enough muscle to have firmer arms…
- Do Workout C 1-to-2 times every 2 weeks using the same amount of weight, reps and sets every workout to maintain your results and to prevent you from building big arms like guys do with progressively heavier weights, more reps and/or sets.
Click Pics for Exercise Tips
Click Pics for Exercise Tips
Use 1 of these 6 Workout Schedules
1. Four Day Cycle
- Do workout A on day 1, Workout B on day 2 & Workout C on day 3. REST on day 4 & Repeat the 4 day cycle on Day 5.
- About 24 workouts a month.
- Workouts A, B & C can be done in any order.
2. Five Day Cycle
- Do workout A on day 1, Workout B on day 2 & Workout C on day 3. REST on days 4 & 5. Repeat the 5 day cycle on Day 6.
- About 18 workouts a month.
- Workouts A, B & C can be done in any order.
3. Six Day Cycle
- Do workout A on day 1, Workout B on day 2 & Workout C on day 3. REST on days 4, 5 & 6. Repeat the 6 day cycle on Day 7.
- About 15 workouts a month.
- Workouts A, B & C can be done in any order.
4. Seven Day Cycle
- Do workout A on day 1, Workout B on day 2 & Workout C on day 3. REST on days 4-thru-7. Repeat the 7 day cycle on Day 8 or the next week.
- About 12 workouts a month.
- Workouts A, B & C can be done in any order.
5. Once a Week
- Just like the 7 day cycle but you pick any three days of the week. For example you may do Workout A on Monday, Workout B on Wednesday & Workout C on Friday.
6. Make Your Own Schedule
- Do workouts A, B & C 1-to-2 days per week taking at least 2 days off before doing the same workout again so If you did Workout A on Monday then wait until at least Thursday before doing it again.
- You can do 2 workouts on the same day. For example… You can do Workout A in the morning & Workout C in the evening.
- Save time by supersetting 2 workouts. For example… You can do Workouts B & C at the same time by first supersetting 1 exercise each from group 1 of Workout B & C and then supersetting 1 exercise each from group 2 of Workout B & C.
- Save time by doing a giant sets of ALL 3 workouts. For example… You can do Workout A, B & C all at once by doing 3-to-6 giant sets of 1 exercise each from group 1 of Workout A, B & C and then a giant set of 1 exercise each from group 2 of Workout A, B & C
- You could workout 2 times a dayusing any of the 6 schedules by doing part 1 of any workout in the morning and then do part 2 in the evening.
- Use this ab workout 1-to-3 days per week (on or off the same days you do Workouts A, B & C) for firmer abs.
- If all you want is JUST a bigger butt, bigger breast and/or firmer arms then ONLY DO Workout A, B and/or C
- Take at least 1 week off every 2-to-8 weeks.
Diet Plan To Get Curves
To see exactly how you need to eat to get curves,
Put in your height, weight, age & your activity level before starting this plan and then Click the button that says “Tell me how to get curves”
the 4 Most Important Things to Get Curves
- Do workouts A, B & C 1-to-2 days per week based on 1 of these schedules
- Keep a training log and try to get a little bit stronger each time you do Workout A (read this again to see why)
- Keep a training log for Workouts B & C and only increase the weight once you can easily do more than 15-to-20 reps.
- Use this diet plan for more curves.
Get Curvy in Certain Areas
- Top 17 Tips for a Bigger Butt
- Make Your Breast Look 3x Bigger
- Build a Bigger Butt Without Weights
More Womanly Tips
- This Exercise Gives Women Multiple Orgasms
- 7 Makeup Tricks to Look Younger
- 49 Skin Care Tips
Adrian Bryant created NowLoss.com
A Workout Plan for Your Body Type: “Skinny Girl”
Oh baby, this was my favourite of the three graphics. Why? It was bang on with putting strength-training (aka lifting weights) front and centre for this body type.
Sisters In Shape Additional Notes for Ectomorphs:
Real results come when you line up nutrition + workouts. So we must talk about nutrition for this body type to make the workouts the “most effective”. The most typical nutrition approach we take with ectomorphs is helping them to eat MORE.
With a quicker metabolism, it’s about eating more total calories with a smart balance of proteins, fats, carbs & fiber. Eating more sounds like a dream right? As a busy woman, you know more of anything, including eating, is a challenge to fit in time-wise. So we brainstorm ideas with our ectomorph clients to fit in eating more like retraining their eye to serve themselves larger portions of their healthy foods (not easy with diet-culture thinking), as well as incorporating nutrient dense foods like nuts & dried fruit into their regular food choices.
For those ectomorphs with a serious muscle building goal, we often suggest an intra-workout carb like honey or a carb endurance supplement to take part-way through her workouts. Why? More smart calories at the right time to put towards the task at hand (building muscle for a body type that is challenging to build muscle).
A common goal we find with an ectomorph is her desire to create a healthy, strong yet more curvy physique. This can be achieved by adding lean muscle to the legs + glutes, as well as, through her back & shoulders. By building up these specific areas the physique looks more “hourglass” and “curvy”.
Therefore a typical ectomorph client would have a workout program like this:
Give this SCULPTED SHOULDER WORKOUT a try if you’re an ectomorph looking to build out some curves! (yup, shoulders are super important for a “curvy” or “hourglass” look for an ectomorph)
Applying these techniques, here’s a recent SiS transformation of an ectomorph client, trained by SiS Coach Leah Larson. Notice in the “after” photo her shoulders and butt are more built and “round” to create a fit hourglass shape.
Secrets of the skinny women who NEVER diet
- Jungle lovers Ryan Gallagher and Charlotte Crosby share their first selfie together after leaving I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! Instagram official!
- Crown Princess Mary of Denmark cuts a cosy figure in a turtleneck sweater and beige skirt as she attends the Women’s Board Award event in Copenhagen Rugged up royal!
- Tennis commentator Annabel Croft says Meghan Markle ‘has taken Prince Harry away from his family’ and couple ‘won’t be any happier’ living new non-royal life in Canada
- ‘People forget that I’m a legitimate singer’: Chloe Lattanzi wants to step out from her mother Olivia Newton-John’s shadow as she prepares to debut on Dancing With The Stars
- Rodrigo Alves showcases the results of her latest surgery in a pink sequinned dress as she steps out in Istanbul after declaring ‘life is so much better with breasts!’
- Jodi Gordon flaunts her trim figure in a skimpy swimsuit as she celebrates her 35th birthday with friends in Bondi… after quitting Neighbours and moving to Sydney
- Jim Carrey reveals he WOULD be happy to portray The Mask again but only if a ‘crazy visionary filmmaker’ was making a sequel
- Kimberley Garner flaunts her incredible figure in a plunging blue thong swimsuit as she takes a dip in the sea during downtime in Miami
- Billy Brownless suffers family tragedy as his father dies on same day he exits I’m A Celebrity jungle… as the AFL legend is pictured having ‘a beer for dad’ with his children
- A drenched Georgia Love wipes smudged mascara from her face as she captures the moment Elton John was forced off stage and his show CANCELLED amid a storm
- Oh, baby! Heavily pregnant Nicole Trunfio shows off her burgeoning bump in a tight jumpsuit as she poses in the snow
- Kate Beckinsale, 46, risks a wardrobe malfunction in a VERY short PVC skirt with a feathered coat following Hollywood night out
- Rita Ora delightedly unveils her new ‘Zog’ neck tattoo… as she reveals the Albanian word is the pet name given to her by beloved mum Vera
- One hot mama! Tahlia Giumelli flaunts incredible post-baby body just five months after giving birth… after getting engaged to NRL star Tom Burgess on New Year’s Eve
- Tamara Ecclestone beams as she hits the ski slopes with husband Jay and daughter Sophia… after being forced to make ‘difficult decision’ to close two of her businesses
- Steve Irwin’s ‘hot niece’ Rebecca Lobie struggles to contain her ample bust in a perilously low-cut white frock
- ‘That one friend you don’t take to the beach’: Skye Wheatley admits she is jealous of her bikini-clad pal as the pair flaunt their figures during a day at the beach
- ‘I don’t deserve to be here’: Olympia Valance reveals she thought she wasn’t good enough and feared being fired after landing role on Neighbours
- ‘Love you endlessly’: Rebecca Judd pens a heartwarming tribute to her daughter Billie on her sixth birthday and shares sweet throwback snaps from when she was a newborn
- Bachelorette Angie Kent stuns in a white playsuit as she cosies up to beau Carlin Sterritt at a bushfire fundraiser on the Sunshine Coast Smoking!
- Miranda Kerr is lovely in lilac as she promotes her latest KORA Organics product at star-studded LA launch party
- Pedicures, facials, temporary tattoos and a decadent lipstick cake: Inside Rebecca Judd’s lavish party thrown for daughter Billie’s sixth birthday at their $7.3M Melbourne mansion
- ‘I’m so disappointed, and I’m sorry’: Harry Styles apologises to fans as he’s forced to cancel pre-Superbowl event because of a severe storm in Miami
- Instagram star Celeste Barber takes to centre court with ‘hot husband’ Api Robin at the Australian Open… after raising a record-breaking $52million for bushfire relief efforts
- Prince William ‘is angry over all-white Bafta nominations and is set to raise the issue in his awards speech’
- It’s a nice day for a selfie! Rock legend Billy Idol beams as he takes photos with fans at Sydney Airport… hours before he wraps up his first Australian tour in five years
- Princess Beatrice will not get married at Windsor – but the Queen offers a reception at Buckingham Palace in morale boost amid Prince Andrew scandal
- ‘I wasn’t loving singing anymore’: Jack Vidgen admits he never thought he’d perform again after moving to Los Angeles and ‘falling out of love’ with music
- MAFS star Martha Kalifatidis flaunts her chic hair transformation as she relocates from Melbourne to Sydney New city, new hair
- Solange Knowles cuts an edgy figure at Sydney Airport in a black silk pyjama style ensemble… as she jets back to LA following final performance at the Opera House
- Best-selling author of more than 50 mystery novels and ‘queen of suspense’ Mary Higgins Clark dies at 92
- Elon Musk’s girlfriend Grimes confirms pregnancy as she admits to having ‘complications’ and struggling through her second trimester in candid message
- Unearthed photos of Meghan Markle posing for selfies with A-list pals reveal the glamorous life she can return to now she and Prince Harry have quit the Royal Family
- Dog The Bounty Hunter felt ‘relieved’ after moving his rumored new fiancee’s clothes into his late wife’s closet: ‘It wasn’t a negative thing’
- Taylor Swift accepts Nikki Glaser’s apology after the comedian joked that she was ‘too skinny’ in her Netflix documentary Miss Americana
- One hot mama! The Bachelor’s Laura Byrne shows off her toned post-baby body in a bikini as she and fiancé Matty J take daughter Marlie-Mae for a swim at Bondi
- Rebel Wilson reveals she was sexually harassed in Hollywood … and says she once had a STALKER who planned to lock her on his rural Victorian farm until she ‘loved him’
- Olympia Valance shares sweet kiss with her AFL star boyfriend Thomas Bellchambers at the Australian Open semi-finals… weeks after sparking engagement rumours
- Showing Miley what she’s missing! Liam Hemsworth flaunts his buff physique and bulging biceps while leaving a gym session in Los Angeles… after finalising his divorce from Cyrus
- Dog the Bounty Hunter’s show Dog’s Most Wanted cancelled after one season…after he proposed to new girlfriend seven months after wife’s death
- ‘I should probably get a move on’: MAFS star Martha Kalifatidis reveals she wants children and is considering freezing her eggs… as she and beau Michael Brunelli relocate to Sydney
- Kate Middleton ‘misses’ her close bond with Prince Harry and ‘fears she’ll ‘never be close to him again,’ source tells Us Weekly
- Taylor Swift reveals ‘there’s a part of me that’s definitely not ready to have kids’ in new doco… where she sparks engagement rumors with Joe Alwyn by wearing a ring on THAT finger
- Retro rocker! 5 Seconds of Summer drummer Ashton Irwin looks effortlessly cool in a black leather jacket as he relaxes at a Los Angeles cafe
- Actress Jessica Marais relaxes in a tree during a daytime stroll through Sydney’s Centennial Park
- The Project’s Lisa Wilkinson breaks down over James Blunt’s heartbreaking music video featuring his chronically ill dad… as she recalls losing her own father to cancer
- Kanye West looks glum while leaving his Calabasas office just days before his Superbowl Sunday Service in Miami
- ‘Excitement overload!’ Garden expert Charlie Albone announces his new gig on Better Homes and Gardens… after Jason Hodges was dumped from the show
- ‘I’d love them to be heavily involved’: Jessica Mauboy talks her wedding to fiancé Themeli Magripilis and reveals she’s chosen her four sisters to be her bridesmaids
- Red hot! Married At First Sight star Jules Robinson flaunts her 9kg weight loss in a figure-hugging dress as she joins Kylie Gillies at a beauty event in Sydney
- ‘That would be silly!’ I’m A Celeb’s Charlotte Crosby shuts down wedding talk with Ryan Gallagher but admits he’s everything ‘she wants in a man’
- ‘Everyone wants to work with her!’ Talent manager reveals the staggering amount Margot Robbie earns for her commercial endorsements
- Taylor Swift sparks engagement speculation after she’s seen rocking huge ring in her new documentary Miss Americana
- ‘Now for some rays!’ Bachelor In Paradise star Simone Ormesher shows off her incredible post-baby body in a tiny black bikini
- ‘Thinking of them constantly’: Kylie Minogue and Naomi Watts voice their support for victims and firefighters amid the Australian bushfire crisis after benefit dinner in New York
- Sofia Richie flaunts her taut midriff in chic cropped turtleneck as she carries a script around Beverly Hills
- How Kate Middleton has embraced Meghan Markle’s signature style since Megxit – including sustainable brands, personalised jewellery and VERY similar coats
- Reese Witherspoon cuts a business chic look in khaki blazer and leopard heels as she gets her hair done in Beverly Hills
- Say what? Kim Kardashian reveals she eats Chicken McNuggets dipped in HONEY as McDonald’s shares the go-to orders of stars like Kanye, Whoopi Goldberg, and Millie Bobby Brown
- Dakota Johnson makes a hilarious surprise cameo as St. Vincent’s girlfriend in the Sundance film The Nowhere Inn
- Debi Mazar says her best friend Madonna’s toyboy Ahlamalik Williams, 25, is ‘lovely’ and ‘sweet’
- Eva Longoria suits up in black workout gear as she takes food to go while out with a friend in LA
- Cardi B rocks skintight ruched purple gown on the Road to F9 concert red carpet in Miami… before sporting a low-cut jumpsuit for her performance
- Terry Crews apologises to Gabrielle Union for ‘invalidating’ her experiences of racism and sexism on America’s Got Talent set: ‘I should have at the very least understood’
- Taylor Swift DENIES claims she skipped Grammys because she wasn’t guaranteed she’d win Song of the Year
- ‘My jungle mum and dad’: Ryan Gallagher gushes over his I’m A Celebrity co-stars Rhonda Burchmore and Billy Brownless after THAT Spewdio 54 challenge
- Kim Kardashian shares a photo of her older sister Kourtney modeling a one-piece from her SKIMS lingerie line: ‘So cute’
- Rihanna proves to be her own best advertisement as she strips down to show off the latest Savage X Fenty collection
- Kate Upton puts on a busty display in a stunning yellow suit as she arrives in Miami ahead of the Super Bowl
- Kenya Moore of RHOA ‘optimistic’ she can patch up marriage to Marc Daly …after he decided ‘independent of me’ to separate last year
- Camille Kostek shows off her toned legs in a lustrous gold dress as she and Rob Gronkowski attend the Wheels Up Rao’s By The Beach pop-up
- Kylie Jenner models a SKIMS top for sister Kim Kardashian along with tight leather slacks as she flashes a HUGE diamond ring while in a limo
- Danielle Brooks reveals daughter’s name on Instagram 10 weeks after welcoming firstborn into the world
- Charlie Hunnam picks up flowers in Los Angeles after revealing he ‘really hurt’ girlfriend’s feelings by saying he is ‘indifferent’ to marriage
- Nikki Bella bares her baby bump while out with fiancé Artem Chigvintsev… after Brie Bella revealed they didn’t talk for a week after her pregnancy reveal
- Fresh-faced Cara Santana dons teddy coat in LA… as philandering fiancé Jesse Metcalfe works with Bruce Willis
- Nick Lachey chats on his phone while in Miami for the Super Bowl… as he’s seen for the first time since ex Jessica Simpson discussed their marriage
- The Jonas Brothers: Joe takes to the stage with Nick and Kevin at the Dublin leg of their Happiness Begins tour… after announcing Las Vegas residency
- Chrissy Teigen is a casual mom in distressed denim and slides as she goes shopping with Luna in West Hollywood
- Drew Barrymore brings California chic to New York City with turquoise beads and orange shades
- ‘So proud of this incredible young man!’ Actress Pia Miller shares a sweet photo of her son Isaiah in his school uniform as he begins Year 12
- Louis Tomlinson is swarmed by fans as he leaves his hotel in New York… after claiming he still ‘f***ing loves’ his One Direction band mates
- Jenna Dewan floats in a bath and covers her bump in lace for breathtaking maternity photos…weeks before her due date
- ‘Life is so much better with breasts!’ Rodrigo Alves gushes over her new implants after posing for pre-surgery snaps in Istanbul
- Ashanti storms the stage for London gig in knee-high leather boots and sizzling flame-printed two-piece
- ‘Baby love!’: Kim Kardashian shares a sweet photo of her son Saint kissing little brother Psalm on the head as daughter Chicago looks on
- Bella Hadid shows her love for animals as she playfully pets a dog while out with pals in NYC
- Nikki Glaser apologises after old soundbite referencing Taylor Swift’s weight and ‘model’ friend choices is featured in Netflix documentary
- Gabrielle Union and Dwyane Wade invite DeAndre Arnold to the Oscars after he was kept from walking at graduation because of his dreadlocks
- ‘People need to give to the community’: Samantha Jade urges people to visit the south coast after the devastating bushfire crisis
- Cate Blanchett and Rooney Mara are seen together for the first time on the Toronto set of Nightmare Alley as they co-star in their third film together
- Cardi B’s husband Offset showers her with wads of cash as she twerks on him… after he was detained in LA mall over firearms ‘misunderstanding’
- Priyanka Chopra flaunts her cleavage in low-cut patterned dress at Super Bowl event in Miami
- Robert De Niro in The Irishman may have beaten Madonna’s Evita record for most costume changes in one film
- Fashionably philanthropic! The star-studded American Australian Association Arts Awards Dinner supports relief efforts for bushfires
- Olivia Culpo flaunts her rock-hard abs and underboob in a pink crop top and matching mini skirt for a day at the beach in Miami
- Adam Sandler inks ANOTHER four-movie deal with Netflix… after Murder Mystery with Jennifer Aniston became the most watched movie of 2019
- Sundance style! Celebs like Sienna Miller and Diane Guerrero pick up cute boots at film festival gifting suite
- LeBron James reveals ‘Mamba 4 Life’ tattoo in tribute to late teammate Kobe Bryant after the basketball legend’s tragic helicopter crash
- Celine Dion discusses facing ‘tough times’ but admits ‘sometimes we are stronger than we think’… after losing her mother, 92, two weeks ago
- Justin Bieber shows off his new tattoo as he leaves a dance session with take-out food from the Beverly Hills Hotel… as his wife Hailey is seen across town
- Ex TOWIE star Jasmin Walia showcases her washboard abs in a TINY white crop top as she steps out for coffee in West Hollywood
- Lizzo toasts to her Grammy wins by sipping on champagne and twerking in a sexy pink swimsuit in Miami ahead of Super Bowl celebrations
- Jessica Biel shares gushing birthday message to Justin Timberlake after marriage was rocked by his PDA scandal: ‘You somehow grow up without growing old’
- Tamara Ecclestone forced to make ‘difficult decision’ to close two of her businesses… one month after her home was hit by a $95million raid
- Owen Wilson has taken a ‘major role’ opposite Tom Hiddleston in the Loki Marvel series for Disney+
- Fleur East will ‘no longer take things for granted’ after ‘reality check’ from Syco axe and a friend’s suicide pushed her to re-evaluate her music career
- Hollyoaks star Jennifer Metcalfe stuns in sequin trousers and a plunge bodysuit as she joins Love Island’s Hayley Hughes at fashion show in Liverpool
- Katie Holmes looks ready for Valentine’s Day in a dusty pink coat over a flirty dress as she heads to an Italian breakfast in NYC
- Khloe Kardashian enjoys a cheerful morning with True in $12,500 playhouse that’s just like the one Kylie Jenner bought for Stormi
- Imogen Thomas stuns in plunging black blazer dress as she continues to flaunt her January weight loss… after vowing she’s still got ‘more to lose’
- Fast & Furious 9 full trailer revealed! John Cena debuts as Vin Diesel’s evil brother and they face off in EPIC car chases… while Charlize Theron and Helen Mirren rev up too
- Lizzo models an off-the-shoulder sheer dress as she stops by SiriusXm’s Radio Row for Super Bowl week in Miami
- Loretta Lynn, 87, declares country music ‘dead’ as she laments the genre’s push towards pop
- ‘I really idolise her’: Star of Netflix hit Cheer pays tribute to the team’s feisty coach for becoming a ‘strong mother figure’ to her – after her own parents abandoned her as a child
- Emily Atack and Jack Fincham caught ‘KISSING at the NTAs and couldn’t keep their hands off each other’… days after the Love Island star became a new dad
- The right stripes! Celeste Barber puts on a stylish display in a red and white dress at the Australian Open with her husband Api Robin
- Meghan King Edmonds doesn’t want the ‘baggage’ of dating a man with kids… amid ongoing divorce drama with estranged husband Jim
- Liam Gallagher releases music video for single Once featuring Eric Cantona as a wine swilling king… as he brands estranged brother Noel’s new track a ‘BORING SNOOZER’
- Stunning period costumes worn by A-list stars including Cate Blanchett in the film Elizabeth: The Golden Age and Claire Foy in The Crown go on display at Ely Cathedral
- Christina Milian spotted for the first time since giving birth as she enjoys family outing with baby Isaiah and partner Matt Pokora
- Hilary Duff flaunts her fit frame in figure-hugging leggings after enduring a morning workout alongside husband Matthew Koma
- Princess Diana’s scarlet Jasper Conran suit that was bought at auction for $100,000 goes on public display for the first time to showcase her unique style of ‘tradition with a twist’
- Kendall Jenner sizzles as she puts on a very leggy display in a pair of barely-there mint shorts for a new fashion campaign
- Meghan Trainor channels an eighties office vibe in her new music video for Nice to Meet Ya featuring Nicki Minaj
- Heidi Klum almost spills out of her sexy Versace dress in steamy behind-the-scenes video from a photo shoot
- Waiting for Sunday night! J.Lo and Shakira are heard rehearsing for their Super Bowl halftime show which includes a medley of their biggest hits
- Timothee Chalamet happily greets a group of adoring fans and is given a hug and a kiss on the cheek by one girl during outing in New York City
- Jennifer Lopez emulates her role model Sophia Loren in a new image from her Guess campaign: ‘It’s so much fun to get into the character’
- Laura Dern and Joaquin Phoenix look stylish as they lead the stars at the Academy Nominees Reception in London ahead of The Oscars 2020
- Lil Wayne pays homage to Kobe Bryant by including 24 seconds of silence on his new album Funeral
- James Franco hangs out with friends… after it emerges he asked for his deposition in Johnny Depp/Amber Heard case to be kept secret
- Claire Danes says she was ‘clueless’ during kissing scenes with Jared Leto on My So-Called Life and was ‘terrified’ to fall for him as she was 14 and he 21
- Pregnant Jodie Turner-Smith shows off burgeoning bare baby bump in very revealing getup while backstage for The Graham Norton Show
- Jason Momoa lathers himself in bubbles for Rocket Mortgage’s VERY strange Super Bowl commercial
- The Crown star Erin Doherty reveals ‘minor meltdown’ she suffered over the huge public attention she received after starring as Princess Anne in the Netflix hit
- David and Candice Warner pick up their eldest daughter Ivy Mae after her first day of school Just 2,339 to go!
- ‘It’s a miracle I got this far!’ Madonna apologises as she’s forced to cancel MORE shows on doctors’ orders and reveals she does SIX HOURS of rehab every day due to her serious injury
- Sofia Richie opts for gothic glamour as she sports sweeping leather coat with trendy jeans for Beverly Hills dinner
- Emma Roberts embodies the ‘new spirit of femininity’ as she poses in a sheer black shirt for chic Boss fragrance campaign – after being named as the new face of the brand
- Martin Sheen is revealed as the celebrity who has the most arrests with a staggering 66 – while Pete Doherty comes in second with 26
- Kristin Cavallari shows off her very slender figure in a black bikini… after revealing she works out at 5 am and never eats processed foods
- Taylor Swift drops new politically charged song Only The Young which touches on gun violence in schools then urges people to vote
- Declan Donnelly praises Supervet Noel Fitzpatrick for saving his beloved daschund Rocky’s life after he was savaged by a fox
- Romeo Beckham takes fashion inspiration from Gareth Southgate as he wears a waistcoat during fun date with girlfriend Mia Regan
- Goodbye, my customers! James Blunt reveals he uses his own music to drive people out of his London pub during hilarious interview on The Project
- Newly-single Ashley Roberts is supported by her Pussycat Dolls bandmates as they arrive for a radio interview ahead of their highly-anticipated comeback tour
- Polished perfection! Queen Letizia is smart in tailored trousers and a matching top as she and King Felipe welcome Spain’s women’s water polo team to Madrid’s Zarzuela Palace
- Katie Price vows to stay single until she meets someone ‘worth it’ as she’s supported by children Junior and Princess while visiting her terminally ill mother
- The Last Leg’s Adam Hills confirms he will FINALLY shave his ‘Brexit beard’ after growing it for 15 months… as Britain prepares to leave the EU
- Designer Alessandra Rich whose frocks are a new favourite of Kate Middleton’s reveals she’s inspired by ‘history’s polite rebels like Princess Diana’
- Australian TV star is hardly recognisable in a Year 10 throwback snap – as she makes a VERY surprising revelation about her personal life Guess who!
- On the run! Former WAG Nadia Bartel reveals her 2020 goal is ‘to get fit’ as she enjoys a workout by the beach
- ‘It’s very rare’: Margot Robbie lauds the female-lead cast and crew in Birds Of Prey after calling out sexism in the film industry
- Lizzo dons edgy denim lingerie as she joins kooky Harry Styles in belting out her hit Juice at pre-Super Bowl bash
- Model behaviour! Jordan Barrett, 23, flaunts chiseled visage and boy band hairstyle at New York charity event to support Australian bushfire victims
- Damian Hurley, 17, jokes he resembles an ‘AVATAR creature’ as model teen poses in ethereal throwback snap in Mykonos
- ‘They were really nasty’: James Corden slams Hollyoaks for trying to ‘fat shame’ his character… after calling brief stint on the soap ‘hell on earth’
- Beyoncé’s sister Solange Knowles wows the crowd as she performs in Sydney… after cancelling two of her shows on ‘medical advice’
- Ted Bundy murdered dozens of women – and the whole time he was living with Elizabeth Kendall and her little daughter. Now, she tells her chilling story My lover the serial killer
- ‘Not crabby about this spot!’ Georgia Fowler lounges on a $240 beach towel while flaunting her incredible figure in a skimpy blue bikini
- Alan Carr and husband Paul Drayton beam as they enjoy a rare date night to watch Madonna’s critically-acclaimed Madame X tour in London
- Brooklyn Beckham steps out in personalised ‘BB’ t-shirt as he meets up with glamorous girlfriend Nicola Peltz in LA
- Age-defying Rose Byrne, 40, shows off her remarkable figure in kimono-inspired satin gown as she puts on a loved-up display with partner Bobby Cannavale in New York
- Billy Crystal and wife Janice attend the first game at Staples Center since Kobe Bryant’s death as they take in emotional tribute
- Casey Batchelor shares an adorable snap of her newborn daughter as she enjoys first family outing one week after baby’s birth
- Renee Zellweger looks casually chic in a blue jacket and jogging bottoms as she heads to Jimmy Kimmel Live
- Myleene Klass is every inch the doting mum as she arrives at work with baby son Apollo… after sharing candid details about her ‘blended family’
- Meghan Trainor can’t contain her excitement as she is surprised by Dr Phil on Carpool Karaoke… after recalling how pal Chloe Grace Moretz set her up with husband Daryl Sabara
- LeBron James grabs dinner with Lakers teammate Anthony Davis after getting tattoo tributes to Kobe Bryant
- Hailey Bieber displays her toned abs in a black crop top as she playfully leans out of her car to grab her coffee from a pal
- Billie Eilish rocks Louis Vuitton after blasting ‘disrespectful’ impersonators: ‘You make me look bad’
- Causing a racket! Sophie Monk shows off her slim figure in a mini skirt as she flies into a rage while playing tennis in hilarious video
- Courteney Cox steps out with longtime boyfriend Johnny McDaid as they enjoy a dinner date night at Nobu
- I’m a Celebrity: Perez Hilton reveals ‘the truth’ about Ryan Gallagher – accusing him of making ‘cruel comments to constantly bring other people down’ Perez’s side of the story
- YouTube ‘influencers’ hit back at a respected food critic who accused them of asking for freebies ‘Shut up, buddy!’
- You are what you eat! Chris Hemsworth shows off his bulging biceps as he stocks up on healthy organic produce in Byron Bay
- Chloe Sevigny flaunts her growing baby bump while rocking a patterned bikini during Turks and Caicos trip
- Khloe Kardashian flaunts her derriere in fitted jumpsuit as she grabs lunch with Scott Disick in LA
- Josie Canseco dons a pink bikini while sunning herself aboard Miami mogul David Grutman’s 82ft yacht Tall order!
- Sofia Richie keeps warm in a cropped hoodie and joggers for a beach day in Malibu with a pal
- Demi Lovato on telling her parents she’s sexually fluid: ‘It was actually emotional, but really beautiful’
- Especially For You! Kylie Minogue packs on the PDA with boyfriend Paul Solomons as they leave the Australian bushfires benefit dinner in New York
- Brielle Biermann declares she feels ‘completely different’ after dissolving lip fillers and going brunette (but she still loves a belfie)
- LeBron James and Anthony Davis reveal new tattoos to pay homage to Kobe Bryant Tributes to Kobe
Why You Are Fat And Will Never Be Skinny [The Harsh Truth]
Are you a yo-yo dieter?
Don’t worry, most people are. But here’s the scary part… if you’re overweight now, chances are you will ALWAYS be fat and will steadily get heavier as time goes on.
Image Copyright: ChubbyChanger.com
You’ve lied to yourself and your loved ones over the years, countless times.
“I’m sick of being fat, I swear I’m gonna lose weight this year”
Yeah right, of course you are… fat pants.
The reason I say you “lied” is because you know full well that you’re not going to lose the weight, regardless of how much will power you have and how determined you are.
Sure, some people might… buuuuuut most people won’t.
In a recent study conducted by King’s College in London, researchers were astonished to find that only 1 in 210 men and 1 in 124 women would return to a normal weight after being a fatty-boom-batty (clinically obese) within a year of dieting.
It’s even worse if you’re a pro-fatty-boom-batty (severely obese).
Less than 1%!
That means that 99% of people who are currently exploding in size WILL NOT keep the weight off after losing it.
So what’s the damn point in losing weight in the first place if you’re just going to put it all back on again a year later??
There is no point. You might as well just stay plump and lazy.
But it gets even worse….
Another study has shown that blubbernaughts are in fact less intelligent than thin people.
Yes, you read that right.
People who “suffer” from eating disorders, i.e they shove more food into their mouths than thinner people, have less grey and white matter in vital areas of the brain.
What the feck does that mean?
Well, it means that you will develop a distorted reward mechanism that leads to uncontrolled eating patterns.
So a thin person might say…
“Those doughnuts look damn good, but they make me fat, so I won’t have one”.
Whereas a fat person would say…
“Mmmm, doughnuts… I’ll have just one… or maybe two, they are small”
Now before that head of yours explodes with anger, let me just pepper your mind with legitimate reasons why you might still be fat, even though you’ve worked hard in the past to get rid of that jiggly belly (I’m smiling whilst writing this, because I’m positive you’ve never really worked hard at losing weight, even though you think you did).
Why YOU are “big-boned” (and always will be…)
Take a look at every reason on the list below and then I want you to tell me if you’re not being honest with yourself.
1. You eat too much. Obviously
Now we’re all victims of eating too much food, it’s human nature to eat until you are full or even overly full.
But what hefty people seem to do (this includes you) more than skinnier folk is overeat in excessive amounts consistently.
That means eating your three meals a day, plus snacking on chocolate bars and sugary sweets, plus drinking calories through tea/coffee and more sugar, plus eating more within a meal than you should and not actually controlling your portions.
2. You eat at bad times
Some experts seem to think that eating after a certain time in the day won’t have a detrimental affect on your weight.
That is in fact true… IF you’re eating the right foods AND you’re eating those foods within a 30 minute time period after working out, to fuel your muscles.
Eating a whole pizza and washing it down with a huge bottle of coke at 10pm, without moving your fat arse once is going to have horrible consequences on your body. But you knew that right?
3. Your friends are fat
Did you know that you’re more likely to be a hippo-glottamus if you hang around fat people?
“Be careful the environment you choose for it will shape you; be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them. W. Clement Stone”
The subconscious mind is a powerful thing, it soaks up everything in your environment and shapes your mind based on what it sees most. If your social circle is mostly large people… yep, you guessed it. You will be fat too.
4. You eat the wrong foods
This is a perfect example of your ignorance. If I were to present you with a salad and a slice of pizza and said, “which one is healthier”. You would 100% go for the salad right?
Then why are you eating foods that you know are bad for you on a regular basis? Well I’ll tell you. It’s because you’re lazy and careless.
Educate yourself on which foods are bad to eat and which are good, then use willpower to stop your sausage fingers from picking the bad foods.
5. You eat more than you burn
Portion control is one thing, but eating more than your daily energy expenditure every day will put you into a calorie surplus and we all know what that means… FAT!
You really need to figure out your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) and then eat within your limits. It’s very simple, don’t eat more than you should and only eat when you’re full.
Stop being so damn greedy, you absolute tubba lubba.
6. You’re addicted to sugar
Sugar addiction is a real and very serious thing. The more processed sugar you eat, the more likely you are to gain weight and crave junk food.
How do you know if you’re addicted to sugar? Simple. Can you last a full day without ANY processed sugar. So that means no sugar in your tea or coffee, no chocolate bars, no processed foods that contain sugar etc.
If you need a sugar boost to get through the day, then you have a real problem that you need to fix.
7. You eat out of boredom
Boredom eating is something you’re doing subconsciously and it’s one of the quickest ways to get fat. You should be eating when you’re hungry and to the point of being full. Not snacking for the sake of it.
That’s what experts call “consuming empty calories”.
Try removing junk food from your cupboard and also replace junk food snacks with healthier options like celery and hummus or cherry tomatoes. Yes I know it’s not as enjoyable as munching on a big bag of crisps. But so what, it’s better than being fat.
8. You eat convenience food
What would you rather do. Come home on a Friday night after a day at work and cook yourself a healthy meal from scratch or order in a takeaway?
I’m guessing you’d go for the takeaway, like most folks do.
Takeaways and ready-meals are loaded with sodium and sugar which are fat producing monsters. The salt will retain water and damage your blood vessels, whilst the sugar will cause major fat storage. Yuck. Not to mention all the other heart clogging ingredients that are thrown into fast food.
9. You eat cheap food
The cheap food that you buy in the supermarkets and eat at your favourite fast food place are low in cost but high in unhealthy ingredients. They are made purely for profit and nothing else.
You don’t need to buy organic “super foods” only. You can buy vegetables and fruit for pennies if you shop around. The key is to not be lackadaisical and buy in bulk.
10. You have no willpower
Willpower is in most cases not enough to get you through a diet or start living a healthy lifestyle. Which is why you need friends and a positive environment to help influence you.
Having said that, you most likely have zero willpower… which is pretty pathetic. Some willpower will get you to stop eating crap and start exercising more, so stop making excuses.
11. You dismiss common sense
As the saying goes “What you don’t know can’t hurt you”. Even though you know the ready-meal you’re about to buy from the petrol station is high in fat, sugar and salt, you still buy it.
Why? Because you’re giving into your insecurities, you play the fool and trick yourself into thinking that this one meal won’t make a difference. But it will, don’t worry about that.
All you need to do is read the back of the packaging and that should be enough for you to put it down.
A rule of thumb should be… if you can’t pronounce the ingredient, don’t buy it.
12. You give up too easily
If you eat a slice of cake that equates to say 500 calories and you eat it all within 5 minutes. How long do you think it will take to burn that cake off in the gym?
If you’re working out with some intensity, you are looking at burning around 500 calories every 30 minutes. That’s providing you work hard. If you take it easy, those calories will take more than an hour to burn off.
You know this already, yet you still give up too easily with your sad calorie restricting diet and your terrible gym routine. Consistency is where the weight loss happens, not one day on two weeks off.
13. You don’t plan or prep
Elvira van der Burg/.com
Prepping your meals every week or every couple of days is one of the easiest ways to ensure that you stay on top of your diet. But do you do it? Hell no, you cook from fresh a couple of times, realise how hard it is and how little time you have and give up.
If you eat the same healthy meals in rotation and prep them once a week, not only will you save time, you will also be more likely to carry on prepping and losing weight.
14. Your friends won’t tell you the harsh truth
You know that skinny friend you have that can eat whatever they like and they don’t put on any weight whatsoever? Well, when you ask them if you look ok or if you’ve put on any weight and they say no…. they are LYING to you!
You are oversized and you do look bigger than your friends, but they don’t want to hurt your precious feelings, so they keep feeding you lies to make you feel better.
15. You think it’s normal
With all the body positive messages you’re seeing these days, I bet you think that being overweight is normal. Well it’s not. The human body was not designed to eat frequent meals everyday and store excess fat for long periods of time.
Just because a fat celebrity tells you he or she is happy with their weight and to screw the trolls online for calling them fat. It doesn’t mean it’s healthy and it certainly doesn’t make it normal.
16. You blame your genes, metabolism and even thyroids
Who’s the first person you should be blaming when you’re overweight? Take a look in the mirror, it’s YOU.
You’re not rotund because of bad genes, freaky genetics, a messed up metabolism or over blown thyroids. It’s because you keep stuffing your chubby face with junk food and you don’t move much. Wake up.
17. You don’t think you’re even that fat
Let me tell you something. You are not big boned, born fat or carrying puppy weight. You are just plain old fat and it’s not healthy. The sooner you realise that you’re tricking yourself, the sooner you will be able to make a change.
Now of course everybody is different and you can weigh more than the person next to you and not look overweight, but common sense prevails here. If you sit down and your belly is oozing over your jeans… you are rotundus-maximus.
18. You are selfish
I’ve heard people say “So what if I’m fat, it’s my body and I can do what I like”. You know what, you’re right, you can.
But when you are a fat person and have an impact on me as a person, that’s when we have a problem.
I don’t want you using up resources on the NHS because of your weight
I don’t want you sitting next to me on a flight, because it will ruin my journey
I don’t want you influencing my children with your toxic unhealthy thoughts about food and diet
I don’t want you to make me feel like I’m a bad person because I question your health
I don’t want you to die if you’re my friend or relative, because that’s going to cause me pain and it may even impact me emotionally and/or financially
Understand what I’m getting at here?
Your selfishness WILL impact me at some point and if you don’t care about that, then screw you.
Stop asking yourself dumb questions
It’s incredibly frustrating when I hear larger people ask questions that they know the answers too. It’s as if they are playing dumb just to get attention or sympathy.
The two most common questions are…
Why am I so fat when I hardly eat?
I work out hard and I’m still fat, why?
Firstly you are fat BECAUSE you eat too much. No you don’t have a thyroid problem and no your metabolism isn’t broken (most likely).
Secondly, when you say you’re “working out hard”, 9 times out of 10… you’re not. In order to burn enough calories to make a difference, you need to be keeping the intensity levels very high during exercise.
You also need to be eating the right foods directly after working out to help build muscle, encourage fat burning and support recovery. But you’re not, you are most likely sucking down a skinny latte and a muffin after 20 minutes on the treadmill.
Conclusion: Let’s wrap this up
Ok the rant is over.
All I ask is that you start taking your diet and life seriously.
Being overweight is a real problem and it’s affecting millions of people everywhere. Those few seconds of mouth pleasure can have disastrous consequences. So just think before shoveling that cheeseburger into your mouth next time.
Oh and one more thing…
Do me a favour and pass this onto a chubster friend of yours. If you really care about them, then they need to know the truth, because in all honesty they are killing themselves slowly.
Think I’m being too harsh on the porkies?
Here’s the real secret to losing weight and staying thin (Hint: You’re not going to like it)
“The Biggest Loser” May study that went viral left most people, especially those looking to lose a little weight, feeling discouraged, disillusioned and even sad.
Some may have deleted MyFitnessPal from their phone, or opted not to reach for the kale at the grocery store, thinking, “What’s the point?”
So when Olivia Ward, who won the show’s 11th season, and sister Hannah Curlee, who came in second place, say the study is “encouraging,” you may be surprised.
After all, researchers following up on Ward and Curlee’s fellow contestants six years after the show found most gained back a “significant” amount of the weight. What’s more, their metabolisms were even slower at their more recent body weight than expected, to the tune of burning about 500 calories less.
But hear the sisters out.
“You always kind of have this feeling like, ‘This is really hard. Is it supposed to be this hard?’” Ward said. “Nobody talks about how, after you lose weight, it’s 10 times harder to keep it off than to take it off.”
Both Ward and Curlee have been able to maintain, more or less, their television show weight loss of 129 and 120 pounds, respectively. Compared with the 14 contestants that participated in the study, this puts them distinctly in the minority.
But doing so has required daily calorie counting and an hour plus of exercise, six days a week, for the nearly five years since she won the show, Ward said.
“Anyone who loses a massive amount of weight knows that struggle is going to be around all the time,” Ward said.
So it’s a “split point,” Curlee said: encouraging even as it’s also discouraging.
“I don’t think the average reader will find it encouraging but … it’s definitely encouraging for me to know,” she said. “I may have to work harder than the average woman. And I know that.”
Still, Ward said, knowledge is power. And the payoff — being able to run after her eight-month-old son, complete a 5K and ride a spin bike as a SoulCycle instructor 16 hours a week — is worth it.
So, Ward said, she’s choosing to take a positive look at the study’s findings, “because if I let it get me down, what good is that going to do?”
“Instead of being afraid of the monster in the closet, they opened the doors,” she said. “Now you actually know what you’re dealing with.”
Olivia Ward Hannah Curlee and Olivia Ward.
Read: ‘Biggest Loser’ contestants were drugged: New York Post report
‘What you’re dealing with’
For “The Biggest Loser” contestants who regained much of the weight, the May 2 study found that their metabolism — slowed from weight loss — remained “suppressed at that same average level as at the end of the weight loss competition.”
Slowing was greater for people with the greatest amount of weight loss. But it continued to slow even for people who, like Ward and Curlee, kept the weight off.
For Ward, who’s 40 and lives in New York City, that means what she eats is “maybe not the normal amount of calories a normal 150-pound woman would eat.”
Olivia Ward Olivia Ward and her son, Harper.
She works within that by eating like a nutritionist’s favorite client — think lean protein, fruit and vegetables — and avoiding simple carbohydrates. When she does indulge, it feels more decadent than it used to in her pre-TV show days, when it was a far more common and less savored event, she said.
Not to mention, she’s a spin instructor, so she works out a lot — as many as three times in one day.
But does fitness have to become your day job to maintain weight loss? That hasn’t been the case for Curlee, 37, who lives in Nashville, Tenn., and does corporate communications for HCA Healthcare .
Though much of her job involves planning wellness programs for HCA, Curlee said that, like most people, she still spends most of her day sitting at a desk. That means going to the gym at lunchtime, for example, and other kinds of life changes, said Curlee, who is married to a personal trainer.
“When I work, my metabolism does,” she said. “When I exercise, feed my body what it needs to be fed, when I’m eating 75% to 80% clean, my body does respond. It’s a hard lesson to put in every day… and it doesn’t mean I never have a cheat meal or veer off. I just don’t veer off nearly as much as I used to.”
Both sisters — who co-own a business, My Fitspiration, under which they do speaking gigs and have a YouTube channel — say they were warned on “The Biggest Loser,” aired on Comcast’s NBC, that leaving the show wouldn’t put an end to working hard.
“We were able to maintain weight loss for five years, which now everyone’s saying is impossible,” Curlee said. It may take sacrifices but “unless we’re magic, which I don’t believe, this can be done.”
Even before the study, which was published in the journal Obesity, scientists knew that metabolism slows after a successful diet.
But when researchers contrasted the metabolic slowing of the “The Biggest Loser” contestants to metabolic changes in bypass surgery patients, they found a startling difference. While the TV contestants’ metabolisms continued to slow, with that rate even increasing in magnitude six years later, the surgery patients — who did have “significant” metabolic changes half a year post-operation — “had no detectable metabolic adaptation after 1 year despite continued weight loss,” the study’s authors wrote.
Even so, though “The Biggest Loser“ is often criticized because of the short amount of time the weight loss occurs in, researchers characterized it as a relatively successful program.
Still, they warned of extrapolating the study’s results to all weight loss, since most such attempts don’t play out on national television and carry that pressure with subsequent efforts to maintain a lower weight.
Fitness trainer Jillian Michaels, who left “Loser“ after 10 years with the show, blasted one piece on the study, calling it “just an excuse for falling off the wagon.”
But in fact, the Obesity study concluded that, despite contestants’ weight regain, they were “overall quite successful at long-term weight loss compared with other lifestyle interventions.”
Like Ward and Curlee, the authors concluded that weight loss wasn’t impossible.
Rather, they said, “long-term weight loss requires vigilant combat against persistent metabolic adaptation that acts to proportionally counter ongoing efforts to reduce body weight.”
Emma Court covers healthcare for MarketWatch from New York. You can follow her on Twitter @EmmaRCourt.
We Want to Hear from You
Join the conversation
Nearly two-thirds (62 percent) of the most obese respondents admitted knowing they should eat healthier but not doing so. And they were more likely to ignore nutritional labels, and to opt for snacks, chips, pastries, baked goods, ice cream, cookies and soda.
They were also less likely to avoid sweeteners or look for natural non-caloric sweeteners.
On the positive side, although 60 percent said they wouldn’t give up snacks or sodas, they did say they’d prefer smaller portion sizes.
But cost was cited by about half of the most overweight and obese participants as a reason for not buying healthier food. And the healthy group was both wealthier and better educated.
Physical activity was also an issue. One-quarter of the most obese group never exercised, compared with 15 percent of the healthy group, the investigators found.
Cardello’s findings were published in June in a Hudson Institute report.
“The historical ‘mass marketed’ message to eat healthier and exercise is doomed to failure for these vulnerable populations,” Cardello concluded.
“For example, labeling alone is not getting the job done,” he said, calling for a greater effort “to determine the best ways to communicate to the mostly overweight/obesity cohorts to identify the optimal way(s) to drive consumption of better-for-you items.”
Lona Sandon is program director of the department of clinical nutrition with the School of Health Professions at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas.
She expressed little surprise at the findings, noting “it is a well-known phenomenon that more knowledge and education does not necessarily change behavior.”
Sandon added that “much of health messaging is about education and awareness. This may only change the behavior of a few people — people who believe that it will make a difference.”
And, “because reversing obesity is rather difficult to do, people may have tried unsuccessfully to lose weight by eating differently or adding exercise. When their strategy does not work, they perceive those behaviors to be useless,” she explained.
“Overweight and obesity is a social/cultural issue as much as it is a personal behavior issue,” Sandon said. “This means changing how we build cities, work environments, food industry, etcetera. It needs to go beyond awareness and education.”