The shape: Curvaceous like Beyoncé or Scarlett Johannson, woman with curvy body types are balanced beauties who fill out a bikini top and bottom. When they gain weight, it tends to be all over. Like pears with larger chests, they have the curves, but what they usually lack is all-over muscle tone.
The Rx: Without some full-body toning exercises, hourglass-shaped girls run the risk of popping out a little bit too much, especially in the thighs and upper arms. To keep a shapely yet firm figure, curvy body types should pay special attention to their extremities.
Monday: For each exercise shown, do 1 set of the prescribed repetitions, rest 30 seconds, then do another set of that same exercise. To amp up your results, follow your strength workout with a round of Smart Cardio Intervals.
Wednesday: Perform the moves circuit style: Do the prescribed number of repetitions for each exercise, with no rest between exercises. After you’ve done all of the exercises once, rest two minutes. Perform the entire circuit 3 times, resting two minutes between each circuit.
Friday: Perform each set of two exercises back-to-back, with no rest between each exercise. Rest 30 to 60 seconds before repeating the set one more time.
SET 1 Lift-off Lunge, Mermaid
SET 2 Pushup and Leg Raise, Hundred on the Ball
SET 3 Tai Chi Lunge, Side Plank with Moving Knee
SET 4 Lateral Step-Ups, Glute Bridge with Triceps Extension
Nothing scorches calories or firms your muscles like fighting gravity. Follow your Friday strength-training sequence with the following Butt-Busting Hill Repeats—which can be done on a treadmill, elliptical trainer, or stationary bike.
Want more workouts for your body type? Check these moves out:
- The 7 Best Exercises to Get an Hour Glass Shape
- Hourglass Figure Workout: Small Waist Big Butt
- The Perfect Hourglass Workout Challenge
- 27 Hourglass Body Workouts That Will Give You An Amazing Fit Body!
- Booty Building Workout
- 30 Minute Circuit Brazilian Butt Workout For Women
- Tone, Shape, Enlarge Best Glutes Workout For Women
- Flat Abs Bodyweight Workout
- 30 Minute Circuit Sexy Leg Toner Workout For Women
- The Total Body Kettle Bell Workout
- Core, Abs & Obliques Beach Body Waist Slimming Workout
- 21 Bodyweight Exercises To Build Functional Leg Strength
- The Best Quad Exercises
- Lazy Girl’s Inner Thigh Workout
- 20 Minute – No Running Cardio Blast
- Death By Goblet – A 30 Minute Full Body Workout
- 30 Minute Shape Up Session
- 20 Minute No Excuses Workout
1. Lift-off Lunge
Tones: Butt, thighs, shoulders, triceps, and core
Stand with your feet hip-width apart. Hold dumbbells up at your shoulders—elbows bent and pointing out to the sides, palms facing forward. Take a giant step forward with your right leg and lower your body until your knees are bent 90 degrees. Your knees should be in line with your ankles. (A) Press into your right foot, straighten your right leg, and come to a stand, simultaneously pulling your left knee forward in front of your hips (so you’re standing on one leg) and pressing the weights up toward the ceiling .(B) Return to start. Repeat with your left leg. 10 to 12 reps per leg
To make the move more challenging, place your front foot on a step.
Tones: Core (especially obliques) and shoulders
Assume a side plank position, with your right elbow on the floor directly beneath your shoulder. Stagger your feet so your left foot is in front of your right foot. (A) Raise your left arm directly overhead—bicep next to your ear, arm extended, and with your palm facing the floor—so your arm is in line with your body. Arch your left arm towards the floor as you raise your hips up in the air. (B) Return to start. Repeat for a full set; then switch sides. 8 to 10 reps
3. Pushup And Leg Raise
Tones: Shoulders, triceps, chest, and core
Lie facedown on a fitness ball, with both hands on the floor. Walk your hands out, allowing the ball to roll beneath your body until it is under your shins. Your hands should be directly below your shoulders, so it looks like you’re ready to do a pushup.(A) Keeping your torso straight and your abs contracted, bend your elbows and lower your chest toward the floor. Stop when your upper arms are parallel to the floor.(B) Return to start, and immediately contract your glutes as you lift your right leg off the ball.(C) Lower your right leg to the ball, then lift the left leg. That’s one rep. 8 to 12 reps
Make the move harder by placing the ball under the tops of your feet. Make it easier by keeping the ball under your knees.
4. Hundred On The Ball
Lie on your back with your arms by your sides. Bend your knees to 90 degrees and place your calves on a fitness ball. Lift your head and shoulders off the floor, making sure to keep your head, neck, and shoulders relaxed. (Put your head down at any time if you feel stress in the upper body.) (A) Take 5 short, consecutive inhales, followed by 5 short, consecutive exhales. Do this 10 times for 1 rep. At the same time, lift arms off mat and pulse them up and down palms facing down, in unison with the breath. (B) 10 reps, 100 breaths per rep
5. Tai Chi Lunge
Tones: Butt, thighs, and core
Stand with your feet hip-width apart, arms extended straight out in front of you, with your palms facing down. Take a giant step to the right, bending your right knee until it’s bent 45 to 90 degrees (make sure to keep your knee from extending over your toes). (A) Pause in this side-lunge position and rotate your torso and outstretched arms to the left, rotating at the waist. (B) Rotate back to the center and return to the starting position. Repeat the move to the opposite side. Continue alternating for a full set. 10 to 12 reps per side
To make the move more challenging, hold a medicine ball.
6. Glute Bridge With Triceps Extension
Tones: Butt, core, and triceps
Holding a dumbbell in each hand, lie on your back, with your knees bent. Bend your elbows so the weights are positioned at either side of your head, palms facing your ears and elbows pointed up toward the ceiling. (A) Simultaneously contract your glutes and raise your hips—so your body forms a straight line from your shoulders to your knees—while you extend your arms, so the weights are lined up with your chest. (B) Return to start. 10 to 12 reps
7. Lateral Step-ups
Tones: Butt and thighs, plus raises heart rate to burn extra calories
Stand to the right of a 12 to 18 inch step or bench. Plant your left foot on the step and place your hands on your hips.(A) Press into your left foot, extend right leg, and spring up and over the step, (B) planting the right foot on the step and extending the left leg out into a side lunge. Immediately reverse the move, springing up and over to the right. Think of this move as your feet exchanging places on the step. Continue alternating for a full set. 10 to 12 reps per side
To make the move more challenging, hold a medicine ball.
8. Side Plank With Moving Knee
Tones: Core (especially obliques) and butt
Lie facedown on the floor so your upper body is propped on your forearms with your elbows directly beneath your shoulders. (A) Lift your body off the floor so your body is suspended in a straight line supported by your forearms and toes. Roll to the left, rotating your left arm, so your upper body is propped up on your leftt forearm, elbow directly beneath shoulder and forearm running perpendicular to your body. Stack your feet and place your left hand on your hip, elbow pointed up. (B) Raise your right leg and bring your rightt knee to your rightt elbow.(C) Return to start. Switch sides. 8 to 10 reps
selene yeager “The Fit Chick” Selene Yeager is a top-selling professional health and fitness writer who lives what she writes as a NASM certified personal trainer, USA Cycling certified coach, pro licensed mountain bike racer, and All-American Ironman triathlete.
The 7 Best Exercises to Get an Hour Glass Shape
2. Workout Program
A workout program is essential in order to see the results. The fact is, a nice body doesn’t happen any other way, even an hourglass figure, unless you put the time in. You will get the body you wanted through commitment. Create a well rounded regimen that works for you, exercise options are plenty so find the ones you like and will continue to do. Burnout happens when you detest the program. You have not designed it with enough thought, variety, and reward. Gravitate between different types of regimens, like one day work on upper body and the next do cardios. Even a brisk walk breaks up the routine and keeps you interested. You will discover that the stronger you get, the more interested you become in maintaining the program.
3. Strength Training
Strength training can be done through weight-lifting and certain types of weight machines. While you still need to do some ABS exercises, shake it up with other core focused weights or weight machines. There are some fun and proven weight machines in almost in every gym. Strength training will reshape and toughen up all those flabby muscles, and provide you even more energy and endurance.
Cardio can be anything from running to aerobics, as long as you are getting that heart pumped. Your metabolism jumps from a cardio workout, meaning any calories you consume for a few hours are going to be used fast. Doing cardio is essential not only for a great body, but it is detrimental for all the other body’s systems.
5. Make like a Showgirl
A great cardio workout and a fun one is dancing. Many women have lost weight and reshaped their body simply by letting loose. Poles are no longer for strippers, they now sit in gyms and living rooms everywhere as women realize how fun it is to do, how sexy they feel, and the results are amazing. Don’t cut yourself out on this one. Another great exercise is to take a class in dance, maybe like belly dancing. It is another sensual way to tone that abs, get those curves, improve posture, and have a new dance skill to show off.
Here are some top secrets from Showgirls on how they stay in hourglass form:
Hourglass Figure Workout: Small Waist Big Butt
First ever HourGlass Figure Workout App on Google Play, specifically designed exercises for curvy body shape with detailed illustrations of each body move in:
HourGlass Body Workout – Small Waist Big Butt in 30 Days Female Fitness
Your Bust & Hips are Balanced, You Have a Defined Waist!!!
Hourglass Figure Body Workout 30 Days Small Waist Big Butt is the perfect workout fitness training app for females who want to get fit & curvy body shape without using any equipment or going to gym by following simple body workout exercises for specific parts and muscles that will help you achieve an hourglass figure pear sharped body.
A smaller waist is a dream of many A woman with a small waist will always be attractive as it makes you look feminine, delicate and elegant. It helps the rest of your body parts & features to stand out, like your butt, thighs and legs with body curves that can help you achieve an HourGlass Figure Curvy Body without the need to purchase any expensive gym membership or equipment, easy exercises to perform home workout app.
Hourglass Figure Body Workout App will include the following training plans and workout programs as A woman without curve is a jeans without pocket
• 10 Days HourGlass Shape Workout Plan
• 30 Days HourGlass Curvy Figure Workout Smaller Waist Bigger Butt Workout
• Exercises for a Curvy Body focusing on strengthening chest muscles
• Ketogenic Diet to categorize your 7 Days Keto Diet Plan & Keto Diet Food List
• Figure Calculator will explain you what food chart and exercises are best for you
It’s the best time to reshape your midsection. Shape and rip your stomach with the workout exercises designed to target small waist big butt muscles for the curvy body workout. Your Waist is at least 25 percent smaller than your Hip and Bust measurements Hourglass body shape traits include that your Thighs are full but narrower than the Lower Hips.
HourGlass Body Workout – Small Waist Big Butts in 30 Days Innovative Features
• Different Workouts during a 10 Days & 30 Days Workout Plan
• No equipment needed, workout everywhere
• Training intensity increases day by day
• Regular exercise reminder
• Clear description of each exercise
• Keto diet a very low-carb diet that increases fat burning & reduces hunger
• Calculate figure and exercises for hourglass Body
Kathleen Kamphausen You can cinch your waist with a belt, bare your stomach in a crop top, or wear high-waisted jeans to accentuate your curves. But if you want to change your body without clothes, it will take a bit more work:
To tighten your core while you define your shoulders and give your butt a shapely boost, start with the moves below, designed by Lyzabeth Lopez, a Toronto-based fitness trainer with more than 20 certifications and the creator of the Hourglass Workout.
Do up to three sets of 10 to 12 reps of each move before you move on to the next one, and repeat the entire routine at least two to three times per week to see changes. For this workout, you’ll need two dumbbells that weigh at least eight pounds apiece, as well as a Swiss ball. (Doing this workout at home? Try these household items that work just as well as dumbbells.) After you master your form, though, work your way up to 10- to 20-pound dumbbells to see results more quickly.
1. Stability Ball Shoulder Bridge: Lie on a mat on your back with your feet on top of a Swiss ball and your arms outstretched on the floor near your sides with your palms facing down. Press your palms into the floor and engage your core to lift your hips straight up off the ground. Without dropping your butt, use the muscles in your hamstrings and quads to slowly roll the ball in toward your butt until the soles of your feet are on top of the ball. With control, extend your legs to roll the ball back out to starting position. That’s one rep. Continue without dropping your hips.
Where you’ll feel it: Your core, hamstrings, quads, and butt.
2. Stability Ball Plank Tap-Downs: Get into a plank position with your shoulders stacked over your wrists and the tops of your feet on top of a Swiss ball. Engage your core as you lift your right leg up off the ball and slowly touch your right toes to the floor on the right side of the ball. Place the top of the right foot back on the ball, and touch your left toes to the ground on the left side of the ball. Bring the top of your left foot back to the top of the ball to complete one rep.
Where you’ll feel it: Your abs, obliques, chest, and shoulders.
3. Back Leg Elevated Dead-Lift: Grab a dumbbell in each hand and stand with a chair a few feet behind you. Reach your right toes behind you and place them on the seat of the chair. From this position, bend from the waist and slowly slower the weights straight down until they’re at about shins-height. Next, engage your butt and hamstrings to bring the weights back up and bring your shoulders back up over your hips.
Where you’ll feel it: Your hamstrings, butt, and lower back.
4. Alternating Curtsy Lunge With Bicep Curls: Grab a set of dumbbells and hold them along your sides with your palms facing your body. Start with both feet together and your toes facing forward. From this position, lift your right foot and take a large step diagonally behind you. Keeping your front knee behind your right toes, and your shoulders stacked over your hips, curl both weights up toward your shoulders as you simultaneously bend each knee to a 90-degree angle. Press into your front heel to come back up to stand with both feet together and facing forward and you release both weights along your sides. Complete a second bicep curl as you repeat the lunge on the opposite side, this time stepping backward with your right leg. Return to starting position to complete one rep.
Where you’ll feel it: Your hamstrings, quads, shoulders, and biceps.
5. Back Leg Elevated Lunge: Grab a dumbbell in each hand and stand with a chair a few feet behind you. Reach your right toes behind you and place them on the seat of the chair. Keeping your shoulders over your hips and your front knee behind your right toes, bend your front knee to bring your body down toward the ground until your front thigh is about parallel to the ground. From this position, press up through your front heel to come back to straighten your right leg. That’s one rep. Complete all your reps on the right leg, then switch standing legs and repeat the same number of reps.
Where you’ll feel it: Your butt, hamstrings, and quads.
6. Renegade Row: Grab a set of dumbbells and get into push-up position with one weight in each hand, your shoulders stacked over your wrists, and your body in a straight line between the top of your head and your heels. The dumbbells should be parallel to each other on the floor. Keeping your elbows close to your sides, bend your elbows to lower your entire body toward the floor without touching. (You can drop to your knees if you need to.) Engage your core as you press back up to starting position. Keeping your left elbow locked, lift the right-hand weight off the floor and engage your core and shoulders as you bend your right elbow and drive it straight up toward the ceiling. With control, release the weight back to starting position on the floor. Repeat with the left-hand weight to complete one rep. Focus on keeping your hips square to the ground the entire time.
Where you’ll feel it: Your shoulders, arms, core, and chest.
7. Stability Ball Weighted Pull-Over: Grab two dumbbells and lie face-up on a stability ball with the ball underneath your shoulders, neck, and head. Bend your knees to form a 90-degree angle, and place both feet on the ground about hips-width apart. Keeping your hips in line with your shoulders and knees and square to the ground, place one weight across your pelvic bone, and use both hands to grab one end of the other dumbbell. Bring the dumbbell in your hands straight up over your chest. With soft elbows, bring the dumbbell up over your head and lower it to the floor as far as you can without touching. Next, engage your shoulders, chest, and triceps to bring the weight back up over your chest. That’s one rep.
Where you’ll feel it: Your core, chest, triceps, upper back, legs, and butt.
8. Windshield Wiper Abs: Sit on a mat with your legs outstretched and your forearms on the mat behind you with your fingertips facing your butt. Your shoulders should be stacked directly over your elbows. From this position, engage your core as you point your toes and lift both legs straight up into the air. Without letting your hip bones come up off the mat, bring both feet directly out to the right. Then bring them up back to center, and to the left. Bring both legs back to center to complete one rep.
Where you’ll feel it: Your abs and obliques.
Lyzabeth is wearing a Sports Bra, H&M, (available in January); C9 by Champion Compression Tights, $25; and Sneakers, NEW BALANCE; with makeup by Shawnte Alexander for Glamsquad, and hair by Stephanie Cannone for Glamsquad.
Follow Elizabeth on Twitter.
Elizabeth Narins Senior fitness and health editor Elizabeth Narins is a Brooklyn, NY-based writer and a former senior editor at Cosmopolitan.com, where she wrote about fitness, health, and more.
The Perfect Hourglass Workout Challenge
The hourglass has been a staple body shape for years. A slim waist with thick thighs and a round butt is the standard for feeling and looking amazing. To get this look, you’ll need to exercise multiple body parts within the same time frame. If you’re looking for a bigger butt and toned abs, the Perfect Hourglass Workout Challenge will guide through four weeks of hard work, sweat, muscle building, and fat burning.
This 30-day challenge focuses on three essentials to get you an hourglass figure: ab work, butt building, and fat burning. By targeting your abs, you’ll build muscle and burn fat while taking away the extra pounds on your waist. Building your glute muscles is an essential component to help thicken and widen your thighs. Finally, and most importantly, fat blasting will be the key to total body fat-burning and toning. Combine them all together, and you’ll slowly start to see your waist get smaller while your hips get bigger—and that’s what you’re here for!
What To Do: Follow the schedule below by completing the designated workout for each day.
What You’ll Need: a yoga mat or soft surface, a jump rope, a set of dumbbells (varying in weights), and an interval timer (available on most phones)
Day 1: Ab & Core Home Workout
Day 2: Abs, Butt, Legs Home Workout
Day 4: At Home Fat Burning Workout
Day 5: 4-Minute Butt Lift Workout
Day 7: THIS is The Best Workout for Fat Loss
Give your hourglass workouts an extra boost by enjoying these delicious Top 10 Flat Belly Breakfast Smoothies.
Day 8: Fat Blasting, Butt Tightening Workout
Day 9: INFERNO – 4 Minute Fat Burn
Day 11: Fat Scorching Tabata Interval Training
Day 12: Finally, the Perfect Butt Workout to Get a Firm, Round Butt
Day 14: Equipment-Free At-Home Core Workout
Add this 21-Day Flat Belly Meal Plan to your hourglass workout challenge and work on creating a flat belly while you’re not exercising.
Day 15: The Flat Belly, Round Bottom Workout
Day 16: Killer Circuit Bootcamp
Day 18: Fat Blasting, Butt Tightening Workout
Day 19: Insane Fat Burning Boot Camp Challenge
Day 21: 3 Most Effective Ab Exercises to Ditch Your Belly Bulge
Boost the benefits of the hourglass workout challenge with these 21 Snacks to Help You Get a Flat Belly.
Day 22: Ab & Core Home Workout
Day 23: The 6 Best Exercises to Tone Your Butt
Day 25: Belly Fat Melting HIIT Workout Routine For Beginners
Day 26: Six Best At-Home Exercises to Get A Beautiful Butt
Day 28: 30-Minute Melt Off the Weight Cardio Workout
Day 29: 5 Moves to Lose Lower Belly Bulge
Last Day: 10-Minute Tabata Workout for Butt & Abs
Next up after the hourglass workout challenge: try our 28-Day Flat Belly Challenge or the 28-Day How To Get A Bigger Butt Program to keep the results going!
If you want a sculpted waist, flat stomach and firm, lifted butt, then we’ve got you covered.
To get the perfect hourglass body shape, you need to work your entire body, get in shape and drop any excess fat to showcase the right places on your body. Combine these, ab, lower body and HIIT workouts throughout the week to hit your body all over!
We have collected 27 “hourglass” body workouts that will help sculpt your body and help you shed fat. Save and share your favourites on social media. Enjoy!
27 Hourglass Body Workouts That Will Give You An Amazing Fit Body!
Booty Building Workout
30 Minute Circuit Brazilian Butt Workout For Women
Tone, Shape, Enlarge Best Glutes Workout For Women
Flat Abs Bodyweight Workout
30 Minute Circuit Sexy Leg Toner Workout For Women
The Total Body Kettle Bell Workout
Core, Abs & Obliques Beach Body Waist Slimming Workout
21 Bodyweight Exercises To Build Functional Leg Strength
The Best Quad Exercises
Lazy Girl’s Inner Thigh Workout
20 Minute – No Running Cardio Blast
Death By Goblet – A 30 Minute Full Body Workout
30 Minute Shape Up Session
20 Minute No Excuses Workout
1. Leg Lifts: Start off on all fours, keeping a neutral spine. Lift one leg as high as you can without bending it. Squeeze your glutes as you lift. Do 15 reps on each side.
2. Diagonal Leg Lifts: Remaining in the same position, lift one leg and cross it over the opposite leg. Squeeze your glutes as you lift. Do 15 reps on each side. 3. Pelvic Lift: Lie flat on your back with your knees bent and arms by your sides. Squeeze in your abs and glutes, and slowly lift your pelvis and hold for a few seconds, then release. Do 15 reps. 4. Pelvic and Leg Lift Combo: Remaining in the same postion, lift your leg straight at the same time you lift your pelvis. Lift it as high as you can without bending it. Do 15 reps on each side. 5. Side Lunge: Stand up straight with your feet a little less than hip-width apart and your hands on your hips. Step to the side with your right leg and go down as far as you can without bending your left leg. Make sure your knees do not go past your toes. Do 15 reps on each side. 6. Reverse Lunges With Knee Lift: Standing in the same position, step back and bend your right knee at a 90-degree angle, then stand up and kick it back as high as you can without bending it. Do 15 reps on each side. 7. Jumping Squats: Stand up straight with your arms directly in front of you. Jump into a wide-legged squat, then jump back into your starting position quickly. Do 15 reps. 8. Classic Squats: Stand up straight, feet hip-width apart and your arms directly in front of you. Gently squeeze your glutes and squat down as far as you can go without bringing your knees past your toes or arching your back. Do three sets of 15 reps.
For more workouts, follow Mankofit on Instagram.
3 Moves for Getting the Sexiest Abs Ever
4 Mistakes You’re Making When Doing Squats
3 Ways to Get a Bigger Butt Naturally
Follow Ariel on Twitter.
Photo credit: Kayt Jones; Kristina Karucci
Ariel Nagi Social Media Editor, Seventeen I’m obsessed with all things social media and live-tweeting my fave shows like ~Pretty Little Liars~.
Nothing says feminine like an hourglass glass figure! Small waist, curvy hips, well toned thighs and big butt, these are the main attributes of the perfect hourglass figure.
If you want to know how to get an hourglass figure in a week, then you might want to read this guide thoroughly.
We get it! You want to get your dream body in the shortest time possible, but you have to set your expectations realistically.
Note: Even though the title says in one week, realistically, everyone’s case is different therefore results will vary.
But within this post you will learn the right way to go about getting an hourglass figure in the shortest time possible.
If you’re consistent and dedicated to a workout plan (which we will provide below), and eating healthy ,there’s no reason why you cannot get your dream body.
Now the hourglass shape is the body type in which the hips and bust are wide relative to the size of your waist. If you were born with this type of shape you would know that weight gain happens in your hips and bust first.
But if you weren’t born with this type of body shape do not give up hope as you can still bring out your true inner curves.
Many fitness experts might argue that your genetics determine the shape of your body, but we have seen many cases where a good workout plan and healthy eating win against genetic.
Of course, you cannot modify your bone structure because that’s the way you were born, however, doing targeted exercises can help to sculpt certain areas of your body to amplify a particular shape.
The hourglass workout routine below is designed specifically to target several areas of your body. For example one workout will be for your waist, one for your hips and one for your butt and thighs.
If you want to get a curvy lean body shape you have to do a total body workout combine with a healthy diet.
Doing the workouts below will target body parts that will make you look more curvey and tone you at the same time.
How many times a week should I do this workout routine?
Four times a week is enough to do this routine. As you go along you’ll feel more energetic and more pumped because you will notice your curves start to appear.
Should I do cardio?
If you’re skinny and having issues gaining weight then you should cut back on cardio as it will cause you to lose your curves.
However, if you have excess fat then you should do cardio at least two times a week to help increase your calorie burn. Getting rid of the excess fat will help to show your true curves and get a lean toned look.
Let’s go straight into the exercises you will be doing.
The hourglass figure workouts!
1. Scissors lift for waist
- To perform this workout, stand sideways to a chair with your left hand resting on the back of the chair.
- Now slowly raise your right leg sideways until you can touch it with your right hand, which should be at chest level.
- Slowly return to the starting position and repeat.
- Do 3 sets of 25 reps.
2. Bulgarian squats for butt and thighs
- Get a chair and turn your back to it with your left leg resting on the chair, you should be standing on your right foot only.
- Now slowly lower your body as if you’re squatting with all of the pressure on your right leg.
- Raise back to the starting position and repeat.
- Do three sets of 25 for each leg.
3. Donkey kick for butt
- Get in the table top position on all fours.
- Slowly kickback your left leg into the air behind you.
- Hold it up for one second and slowly lower it back down.
- Do three sets of 25 reps for each leg.
4. Side to side kicks for hips, WAIST, BUTT & THIGHS
- Get into the squat position, standing with your legs a bit more than hips-width apart.
- Slowly lower yourself until your thighs are parallel to the ground.
- While going back into the standing position, kick to the left side with your left leg.
- Squat down again and slowly get back up kicking to the right side
- Do three sets of 20 reps.
Tips to get an hourglass figure fast
Prepare your body
Remember that your body will be going through changes as you consistently workout, therefore, you need to be getting good sleep, at least 7 to 8 hours a night.
If you used to binge watch your favorite TV shows then you need to cut back and get some rest, your body needs time to recuperate from those workouts.
You can set an alarm to remind you to sleep at a certain time and then do so.
You would be surprise how getting enough sleep at night can help you to perform at your best throughout the day, even with your workouts. So make the effort to give your body enough rest.
Clean up your diet
Your body is actually made in the kitchen. Whatever you eat daily, that’s what decides your results.
We know that making the diet changes can be tough, especially when you have just started a new workout routine.
However, start by making smart food choices, including reducing the amount of sugar you eat and avoiding processed foods.
More veggies and fruits
When you’re feeling hungry and want to snack on something, go for things like avocado, carrot sticks, berries, kale chips and nuts.
Get some low-fat dairy
You can get this by eating high-protein Greek yogurt, low-fat cheese and skim milk. You will need dairy to help build muscles in your butt, thighs and in wherever else needed.
If you don’t like dairy then make sure that you’re getting protein from other sources like nuts, tuna, salmon, beans, and lentils.
Increase the amount of fiber you eat
Eating enough fiber will help to keep your stomach fuller, hence keeping you from over eating. To add more fiber to your diet you can eat beans, brussel sprouts, oatmeal, whole grains and vegetables.
Slowly increase fiber in your diet and do not do it too quickly as it can cause stomach aches, diarrhea and nausea.
Water is critical, more than you think
Whenever you start any fitness routine you should be drinking at least 85 ounces of water per day, that equals to about 10 1/2 glasses of water.
Remember when exercising you will be sweating a lot, therefore you need to replace the fluid to help flush out the toxins out of your body. Before and after you work out make sure that you properly hydrate.
Cut back on the alcohol
Do you party a lot? Then you may have to cut back on the alcohol as it will only add unwanted calories to your diet and just slow down your metabolism.
This will cause your results to take longer to show. Drinking too much alcohol causes stress on your body and doesn’t really do anything good for you.
Dress for the curves
You can wear horizontal stripes as it will help your body to look more round instead of long and lean. Doing so will help amplify your largest parts and curve.
You can also cinch your waist to create an hourglass shape despite your body type. Make sure that the cinch is at the thinnest part of your waist as it will help to pronounce your curves.
If you don’t want to use that option you can simply wear a belt like a peplum. You can wear maxi dresses, tulip skirts and, skirt with layers to help create a curvy look.
The idea is to create an image in your mind to work towards, even while you’re working towards the hourglass figure.
Give this hourglass workout a try!
You now know exactly how to get the hourglass shape the right way. You might not get an hourglass figure in a week but you will be ahead of the curve as long as you follow and stick to the plan!
BONUS: ANOTHER ROUTINE 🙂
Your body can become bored of a workout routine after a couple weeks, that’s why you should change up your routine now and then, to keep your body challenged.
In the video below is another hourglass workout routine that you can do that targets all areas.