Care For Your Lips StyleCraze Hyderabd040-395603080 September 12, 2018
As girls, almost all of us love wearing lip colours – be it vibrant and bright shades or nude and pastel hues. But no lipstick can create a perfect pout if your lips aren’t well cared for!
The skin on our lips is much thinner than the skin on the other parts of our body. This makes it easier for them to crack and chap and makes it much more important for us to take extra care of.
Our lips have a lesser amount of oil glands and no ability to create the sun-filtering natural melanin. This means that they have virtually no protection of their own. Chapped lips are most common in winter, when the cold, dry air dehydrates our skin. But winter isn’t the only season which spells trouble for our lips. Dry air, sun and wind will equally dry your lips all year round.
Regular use of lip balm offers the fastest remedy for chapped, dry lips. Composed of waxes and oils, some formulas also contain menthol or camphor to soothe rawness and stinging. Others feature allantoin or aloe to speed healing. Many incorporate sunscreens as must for outdoor exposure, but make sure they contain UVA-protecting ingredients like avobenzone, titanium dioxide or zinc oxide.
In addition to the above, there are a few other things that you can try in order to aid the effect of the lip balm. Before you start understanding about the various lip care tips and tricks, here is a brief glimpse at the troubles you may face with your lips.
- Common Lip Problems and Their Causes:
- 10 Simple and Effective Lip Care Tips:
- 1. Do not Touch or Lick your Lips:
- 2. Follow Healthy Diet Plan:
- 3. Stay Hydrated By Drinking Lot of Water:
- 4. Remove Makeup:
- 5. Keep Your Lips Hydrated Overnight:
- 6. Massage your Lips:
- 7. Scrub Your Lips:
- 8. Always Carry a Lip Balm:
- 9. Use Lipsticks when Stepping Out:
- 10. Know when it is time to ask for help:
- How to Take Care of Your Lips
- Invest in a good lip balm
- Take care of the skin AROUND the lips
- Make lips part of your nighttime routine
- Avoid touching your lips
- Invest in moisture-rich lipsticks
- Take it off
- Stop licking!
- Want to talk more about your lips? Need to pick out your new favorite lip product? Stop by Lookworthy or give us a call at 765-644-6028!
- PSA: You Should Be Paying Way More Attention To Your Lips
- How to Get Fuller Lips: Your Ultimate Guide to Lip Plumping
- What Is Surgical Lip Augmentation?
- Types of Lip Fillers:
- Electronic Lip Enhancement
- Lip Masks
- How Do Topical Lip Plumpers Work?
- What are the Best Lip Plumping Glosses and Serums?
- Natural beauty products that help you look + feel stunning!
- Why Are My Lips Dry?
- Why Conventional Products Make Dry Lips Worse
- Establishing a Natural Lip Care Routine for Dry Lips
- 18 lip care products to include in your skin care routine, because your lips need love too
- 1Laneige Special Care Lip Sleeping Mask, $20
- 2Fresh Sugar Lip Serum Advanced Therapy, $36
- 3La Roche-Posay Nutritic Lip Balm, $16
- 4Too Faced Peach Lip Scrub, $17
- 5Tarte Cosmetics Pout Prep Lip Exfoliant, $16
- 6Clinique Chubby Stick Intense Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm, $18.50
- 7Kiehl’s Buttermask Intense Repair Lip Treatment, $24
- 8First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Lip Therapy, $12
- 9Sara Happ The Lip Scrub Red Velvet, $22
- 10Clinique Superbalm Lip Treatment, $17
- 11Pretty Vulgar Silent Treatment Matte Lip Moisturizer, $20
- 12Sol De Janero Brazilian Kiss Cupuaçu Lip Butter, $18
- 13Morrocanoil Lip Balm SPF 20, $17
- 14Winky Lux Matcha Lip Balm, $14
- 15Drunk Elephant Lippe Balm, $18
- 16BKR Paris Water Balm, $22
- 17Clarin’s Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil, $26
- 18Nyakio Kenyan Coffee Lip Polish,$24
- 7 BEST LIP CARE SECRETS REVEALED
- Best Beauty Tips for Pink Lips:
- 1. Moisturize Your Lips:
- 2. Hydrate Yourself To Keep Your Lips Hydrated Too:
- 3. Coat Your Lips With a Chap Stick or Lip Balm Before Applying Lipstick:
- 4. Scrub-a-Dub Dub:
- 5. Stay Away From Dark Colours:
- 6. Rose Petals For Soft Pink Lips:
- Some More Tips For Perfectly Pink Lips:
- Home Remedies for Chapped Lips: How to Get Soft, Red & Gorgeous Lips
- Here are some natural remedies that could help you get rid of chapped lips
- Natural beauty tips for lips
- Tip 1: Use Lipsticks Sparingly
- Tip 2: Keep Lips Hydrated
- Tip 3: Avoid Licking or Biting your Lips + Moisturize
- Tip 4: Use Lip Products with SPF
- Tip 5: Exfoliate at least once a week
- Tip 6: Retain the moisture in your lips
- Tip 7: Avoid wrinkling around lips
- Tip 8: Get rid of cold sores
- Tip 9: Homemade beauty tips for lips
- 6 Ways To Make Your Lips Pink NATURALLY In 3 Weeks
- What Makes Your Lips Go Dark?
- 6 Powerful Methods To Get Natural Pink Lips
- Method 1: Honey-Sugar Scrub
- Method 2: Pomegranate Seeds and Milk
- Method 3: Rasberries, Aloe Vera and Organic Honey
- Method 4: Lemon and Almond Oil
- Method 5: Beetroot Juice
- Method 6: Lemon and Sugar
- Some Essential Tips To Keep In Mind
- Remedies For Men To Get Naturally Pink Lips
- 21 Best Homemade Beauty Tips For Lips Care
Common Lip Problems and Their Causes:
Here are a few problems you may encounter with your lips:
- Chapping can occur almost in any season.
- To prevent and treat, apply a good lip balm daily.
- Do it in such a way that it slightly overlaps the edges of the lips.
- Look for a balm which provides sun protection and has elements like Vitamins A, C or E and AHAs.
- Cracks often occur after sleeping in dry air.
- To prevent this, be sure to apply a good lip balm before going to bed
- Also try and use a humidifier as it will help retain the moisture in the air.
3. Lipstick Bleeding:
- This begins as the skin around the mouth loses collagen and elastic tissue with age, or is aggravated by smoking.
- Using a waxy lip liner to outline lips will help contain your lipstick within the line.
- When cosmetics no longer help, the more permanent (and expensive) solution is to have collagen injections to fill the cracks.
- Or you could always not smoke and give up on that!
4. Cold Sores:
- Caused by viral infections, these look like blisters or open scabs.
- To avoid re-infection, use cotton swabs to apply lipstick while sore is visible.
Now that you know the different types of problems that you can face with your lips and the causes that result in the same, let us look at the tips that will help contain the problem.
10 Simple and Effective Lip Care Tips:
When it comes to lip care, you should firmly believe in the saying ‘prevention is better than cure!’ It is always possible to restore the health of your lips. But it takes time for the results to be visible and in the meanwhile, you will have to put up with the pain that lip problems cause.
Here are some simple tips that will help you to take care of your lips:
1. Do not Touch or Lick your Lips:
Lips do not have any protection of their own, which means that each time you touch them or lick them, they are getting directly affected.
It is essential that you do not do anything that will make the problem worse.
Never lick your lips. It might feel good for the moment and also feel hydrating for your lips. But once the saliva evaporates, it will leave the lips even drier. The enzymes in the saliva are simply too harsh on your delicate lips.
The next thing to never do is breathe with your mouth open. Imagine how much of the moisture must get stripped away with all that dry air blowing over it.
And the last in this segment, is but obvious. Don’t kiss anyone with any infections on their lips. For it takes absolutely no time for an infection to spread to any cracks on your lips too!
2. Follow Healthy Diet Plan:
A good diet is essential not just for your skin but even for your lips.
Vitamins and other nutrients reflect directly on the condition of your lips. It is essential that you stay on a healthy diet to have lovely lips!
3. Stay Hydrated By Drinking Lot of Water:
Staying hydrated is one of the most important things when it comes to healthy lips. Just as your skin needs to be kept hydrated from the inside, so do your lips.
4. Remove Makeup:
Your lips need to be able to breathe by being clear.
- Make sure you remove all traces of makeup from your lips before you sleep.
- Use a damp cotton ball and wipe your lips clean.
5. Keep Your Lips Hydrated Overnight:
While we are awake we know when our lips dry out, but this could be a problem when you are asleep.
The air around you tends to dry out your lips while you sleep.
- Make sure you use a heavy or hydrating lip cream or some petroleum jelly before you sleep.
- You can also use cream or raw milk for the same or even ghee (clarified butter).
6. Massage your Lips:
You can use some nourishing oils to massage your lips for about 5 minutes every day.
This improves the blood circulation in your lips and ensures that they get the nutrients that are needed.
7. Scrub Your Lips:
Scrubbing your lips is important to ensure that they stay healthy and soft. Removing dead skin cells is a must to make sure that your lips don’t succumb to any infection.
- Use any mild scrub that is available in the market for lips
- Alternatively, you can make your own lip scrub at home with some rock sugar.
8. Always Carry a Lip Balm:
You never know when your lips tend to start drying out. Make sure you have a good creamy and hydrating lip balm with you even while you are traveling.
9. Use Lipsticks when Stepping Out:
Yes, the good news is that it is good to use some lipstick before you step out.
Since, the lips have no natural protection, wearing a lipstick will help you add a layer to them.
Using lipsticks protects your lips from the sun, dry air, dirt and other outside factors.
10. Know when it is time to ask for help:
Sometimes, despite all these preventive measures, your lips still need help.
If you have tried the above home remedies and tricks and it still is not working, it is time to visit a doctor. Make sure you don’t make it too late!
Keep these simple and amazing tips in mind to get those naturally healthy and soft lips. Take care and flaunt your perfect pout in style!
- 6 Effective Home Remedies To Cure White Spots On Lips
- Top 9 Home Remedies To Cure Black Spots On Lips
- DIY – 5 Easy Steps To Instantly Plump Up Your Lips With Cinnamon
- DIY – How To Colour Your Lips Pink With Beetroot
The following two tabs change content below.
- Latest Posts
Latest posts by StyleCraze (see all)
- 11 Sorry Love Quotes For Him That Will Touch His Heart – May 30, 2019
- Valentine Day Love Letter – 6 Samples For A Start! – February 6, 2019
- Valentine Gifts For Husband: 40 Gift Ideas For Your Love Muffin – February 5, 2019
- 16 Quirky Valentines Day Cards For Real Lovers, Not Fake Disney Stuff – January 29, 2019
- Heart Touching Love Quotes For Him: 20 Most Romantic Quotes Ever – December 5, 2018
How to Take Care of Your Lips
Your lips–they help you talk, kiss, and–with a coat of your favorite lipstick–show off your style! But lips also require some special love. We rounded up some tips on how to take care of your lips winter and beyond.
Invest in a good lip balm
Not all lip balms are created equal! Skin the bargain bin and invest in something that features natural oils, antioxidants, and a healthy dose of SPF. Lips can burn and develop skin cancer like any other part of the body, so be sure you’re protecting them!
Take care of the skin AROUND the lips
The area around the lips can be just as sensitive as the lips themselves and are also prone to wrinkling. Apply your clear or sheer lip balm to the perimeter around your mouth, not just your lips, to keep them protected.
BONUS: The skin around your eyes is similar in sensitivity and thickness to the skin around your lips, which means there are many anti-aging products that target both areas, giving you more bang for your buck. We like Bio Jouvance Eye and Lip Wrinkle Filler.
Make lips part of your nighttime routine
We often swipe on lip balm on the go or when lips are feeling dry, but don’t forget to apply before bed! A rich coat will work overnight to keep your lips moisturized and ready to take on the next day.
Like every other part of your body, lips need a good dose of exfoliation. Sugar is one of the best exfoliants because it’s also a humectant, meaning it can retain moisture.
Avoid touching your lips
It’s tempting to want to pick at cry, flaky lips, but, like with everything else, picking will only make it worse. Skin on the lips is extra fragile, making damage more easy. Plus, dry, cracked skin is welcoming to bacteria and viruses, making it an invitation to illness.
Invest in moisture-rich lipsticks
Lipsticks can sometimes wreak havoc on lips, especially uber-matte formulas and drying stains. Be picky when it comes to the lipstick you choose to glide on. Lipstick formulas like jane iredale Triple Luxe feature natural oils and waxes with lip’s health in mind, keeping them hydrated and protected.
Take it off
Just don’t forget to remove your lipstick at the end of the day! Like the rest of your face, makeup left on the lips can trap dirt and not allow skin to breathe. A gentle makeup removing cloth like jane iredale Magic Mitt can do just the trick.
When lip balm isn’t in sight, it’s tempting to lick your lips to keep feeling soft. But licking is a one-way ticket to drying your lips out even more. Saliva dries quickly, zapping moisture with it.
PSA: You Should Be Paying Way More Attention To Your Lips
Because you’re well-versed in the importance of taking care of your skin, your medicine cabinet is likely stocked with cleansers, serums, creams, sunscreens, and masks. But what if we told you there’s one glaring feature on your face that you’re probably not giving enough love to? We’re talking about your lips. They’re there for you through all the eating, drinking, kissing, and Lip Kit-testing — and you can do better by them. We chatted with Annet King, senior director of global education and innovation for Dermalogica, about why the skin on your lips is different than the skin on, say, your cheeks, and how you can make your pout look its best. “The skin on the lips is extra thin and sensitive,” King says. ” don’t have any hair or sebaceous glands, which assist in keeping the skin lubricated and protected. Their only source of moisturizer is your saliva; that’s why they can easily become dry and chapped.” What’s more, they don’t have any melanin, which is your body’s natural way of protecting the skin from ultraviolet rays. “That’s why are at a higher risk of sunburn and skin cancer,” King adds. The marks of healthy lips are volume and hydration. “Think of your lips as a sponge: When exposed to moisture, they absorb water and plump up,” King explains. “When dehydrated, they dry out and shrink.” But as you age, your lips will begin to show fine lines and wrinkles — usually at a faster rate than the rest of your face, since the skin is so thin. King stresses that smoking is a major culprit of early aging of the lips. “Beside the damage caused by the toxins in the smoke itself, smokers are more likely to develop lines around the mouth, because of the repeated use of the perioral muscles to hold the cigarette,” she says. (Not only will quitting smoking make your pout prettier, it’ll probably get a lot more action once your breath doesn’t smell like an ashtray.) But cigarettes aren’t the only aging culprit. “The cumulative damage to the lips and the skin results from years of overexposure to the sun, cold air, drying lip products, and harsh weather,” King says. “The negative effects of the environment frequently result in the drying, chapping, and cracking of the mouth.” Improper care of lips can also lead to increased risk of inflammation, infection, and burning sensations. The good news is that once you start taking care of your pout, you can reverse the signs of aging and trauma relatively quickly. King recommends applying a protective balm with nut butter or avocado oil before leaving the house — these two ingredients are extremely nourishing. Also, don’t forget to apply an SPF to guard against sun damage (we love this Fresh one). But it goes further than that: “Exfoliate lips with a gentle exfoliant and follow with a hydrating mask to combat roughness and cracking,” King advises. But keep the exfoliation to once a week and make sure to avoid scrubs with salicylic aid. “It can erode through the lips’ outer stratum corneum and damage living skin layers beneath.” If the damage is severe — for instance, if you’re suffering from extreme dryness or sores — make sure to check in with a professional. They have a host of prescription products that can soothe your lips better than regular balm can. “And stop licking your lips!” King says. “Licking your lips can contribute significantly to dry, cracked skin. The saliva evaporates quickly, taking with it any moisture that was already on them, leaving them even drier.” (This is especially true in the winter.) Now, go treat yourself to a lipstick. You deserve it.
If you’ve learned anything from the Kardashian/Jenner family, it’s that a heavy contour is almost as transformative as a legit surgical procedure – without the cost and recovery time. So if you’re trying to get that thicc pout like our lord and savior Kylie Jenner, just steal the tricks she used before she started getting lip fillers on the reg.
Pre-injections (think, 2014 Tumblr Kylie), she used to hack her way to fuller lips using some pretty simple makeup techniques that pretty much anyone can do. Basically, all you need to do is overline, cover up, and exfoliate – and top it with a little swipe of lip-plumping gloss.
Ahead, check out all the non-permanent hacks that will level-up your lips in seconds.
Because flaky lips reflect less light, a dry pucker could be making your lips look smaller. To get rid of flakes, brush them lightly with a toothbrush. This also boosts circulation, giving you a rosy tint sans makeup.
If you want to get professional with your exfoliating game, get yourself a sugar lip scrub that really smooths.
Cherry Bomb Lip Scrub frank body ulta.com $14.95
2. Try a plumping balm
The Dr. Dennis Gross Hyaluronic Marine Collagen Lip Cushion is an anti-aging lip treatment that delivers definition to the lip line and boosts hydration to enhance volume. I’ve tried it and it legit works. I’ve noticed a fuller lip look — no needles necessary!
3. Use concealer to fake a larger canvas
Pat concealer onto your lips, spreading it a little over your lip line. This will make your lipstick go on closer to the color in the tube, and make your lips look larger.
4. Highlight with gloss
Using clear lip gloss or a shade close to your lipstick color, apply a dab of gloss onto the middle of both of your lips. The shimmery product picks up light, making your pout look fuller.
Lip Gloss NARS sephora.com $24.00
5. Overdraw your lip line
Before Kylie Jenner surgically enhanced her lips, she used to use this trick to make them appear bigger. To try it yourself, apply concealer to your lips, then trace slightly outside your natural lip line using a lip liner. Fill your lips in with the matching lipstick or just use the liner for your whole pout.
6. Double up on nude lip colors
Apply one shade all over your mouth, and the lighter color (or even a white lip crayon) in the middle of your lips. If you have a full top lip but a smaller bottom lip (or vise versa), only apply the lighter shade to the opposite lip. It will even your lips out, and make them both look fuller.
7. Line with concealer after lipstick
Use a skinny brush and some cover-up to line the outside of your lips. You won’t believe how much your lipstick will pop.
Pro Filt’r Instant Retouch Concealer FENTY BEAUTY by Rihanna sephora.com $26.00
8. Color and plump your lips at the same time
All you need is the right product. Try a balm that colors, conditions, and gently plumps like Buxom’s PowerPlump Lip Balm. They’ve got nude sticks and a bright red, too.
PowerPlump Lip Balm Buxom ulta.com $17.00 Elizabeth Denton I’m Liz, the fashion and beauty girl at Seventeen.com.
How to Get Fuller Lips: Your Ultimate Guide to Lip Plumping
Were you born with thin lips, but dream of a full, sexy pout? Depending on your budget and tolerance for discomfort, there are a few different methods for enhancing your lip volume. The most invasive (and most expensive) way to increase the size of your lips is to get lip augmentation surgery. Want to know what lip augmentation involves, and the alternatives to surgical enhancement? Let’s explore all the options.
What Is Surgical Lip Augmentation?
For the longest lasting effects, lip augmentation offers the best results. Lip augmentation procedures generally take a short time, and can be completed as an outpatient procedure. The surgeon will first administer a topical anesthetic, and then inject the filler of your choice into your lips. Each of the different fillers will have slightly different effects, and they will last for different periods of time. (Some fillers will last up to a year.) Here’s a brief breakdown of the choices. For more information on surgical procedures, consult your physician.
Types of Lip Fillers:
Natural Lip Fillers
These choices all involve substances that are extracted from another part of your own body, so they are guaranteed not to cause an allergic reaction.
- Autologen: your own collagen
- Fascia: a small sample of your connective tissue
- Fat from your thighs or abdomen
- Hylaform: made of hyaluronic acid from your body
Some additional natural filler options, which come from other sources.
- Dermalogen: collagen from a deceased human donor
- Collagen: taken from cows
Synthetic Lip Fillers
The synthetic lip fillers carry a risk of allergic reaction, so you’ll need to discuss these choices with your surgeon if you have any allergies.
- Artocell: a synthetic material suspended in collagen
- Restylane: a clear gel containing hyaluronic acid
Electronic Lip Enhancement
Surgical lip augmentation may not be for you. Fortunately, there are less invasive and less expensive ways to temporarily increase the suppleness and fullness of your lips. A few electronic, at-home lip plumping devices have come on the market that promise to plump your pout in 2 minutes or less.
In the electronic lip device world, Juvalips is a popular brand. On Amazon.com, the device runs from about $120-$130. It’s a battery-operated natural lip plumper that works by creating suction around your lips to increase blood flow and enhancing their size for a few hours. Amazon also carries less expensive electronic devices that run from about $22-$35.
Other At-home Lip Plumpers
There are simpler lip enhancement devices on the market which require no batteries or electricity. For a while, people were using shot glasses to do the Kylie Jenner lip challenge, but you’ll want to check out this Youtube video before you go that route.
On the other hand, Candylipz is a silicone device which uses suction you create with your own mouth. It comes in a few different sizes, to provide the best fit for your personal lip shape. Candylipz is about $25. Another brand, Fullips runs about $20, and there are other similar silicone lip plumpers for $15.
Lip mask treatments are yet another option for getting a soft, deep-conditioned pout. Sheet masks like the Tony Moly Kiss Kiss Lovely Lip Patch, achieve a fuller look by bathing your lips in collagen. Lady Gaga is to be a big fan.
Aside from sheet mask lip treatments, there are overnight lip masks with hyaluronic acid, collagen peptides, or other moisturizers which create fullness by giving your lips a moisture boost. Marie Claire beauty editors love the Kaplan MD Perfect Pout Lip Mask & Lip Balm.
How Do Topical Lip Plumpers Work?
Lip serum, lip plumper gloss, lip plumping powder and lip plumping balm all basically rely on one of three primary methods to deliver temporary lip volume: They irritate your lips, they use a circulatory stimulant, or they trap moisture in your lips to make them swell. Each of these different types of lip plumpers require regular use to maintain your lip fullness.
Stimulating Lip Plumpers
Ingredients like capsicum (which give peppers their heat), cinnamon and peppermint oil stimulate a reaction in your lips, which causes them to plump up. Lip products which use these ingredients can sting when you apply them, particularly if they contain capsicum. There are even plumpers which use bee venom, a potent allergen for some people. (If you’re prone to allergies or have concerns about a negative reaction, take care to read the list of ingredients before you purchase this kind of lip plumper.)
Moisture-Trapping Lip Plumpers
This type of lip enhancer makes use of hyaluronic acid, collagen, or a similar moisturizing ingredient, to increase the water content of your lips, causing them to swell. Moisture-trapping lip plumpers do not irritate your lips, so you won’t experience any unpleasant tingling or stinging sensations with them.
Blood-flow Lip Plumpers
You know how warm weather or exercise can cause your hands or feet to swell? Some lip plumpers operate on the same premise, directing extra blood flow to your lips to increase their volume. If you’re nervous about a lip plumper which affects the blood circulation in your lips, be sure to read the label and learn about active ingredients.
What are the Best Lip Plumping Glosses and Serums?
Want to know which lip plumpers beauty editors and beauty addicts are talking about? Here are some of the top brands in lip plumper lip gloss, lip plumper serum and lip plumping powder:
- BeautyGARDE Swell Lip Volume Serum: uses a patented formulation of peptides, lipids, BioRetinol and rehydration spheres to visibly improve the fullness, softness and texture of your lips. Goodbye flaky, dull lips, hello Swell, hydrated lips! See our product page for more details on our technology and ingredients.
- Too Faced Lip Injection Lip Gloss
- Dior Addict Lip Maximizer Plumping Gloss
- Buxom Pillow Pout Creamy Plumping Lip Powder
- e.l.f. Lip Plumping Gloss
- Sephora Collection Outrageous Effect Volume Lip Gloss
- Smashbox O-Plump Intuitive Lip Plumper
- NYX Pump it Up Lip Plumper
Back to Expert Makeup Advice
The social media-based Kylie Jenner Challenge exploded across the Internet earlier this week, sparking intense conversation as it trended. If you managed to avoid seeing the swollen mouths of any “competitors,” here’s the deal: In order to attain Kylie-sized lips (which the reality TV star attributes to the magic of lip liner), people encased their mouths in small cups (like shot glasses, for example) and breathed in, relying on the suction for some thickening action. Although some participants claimed to be satirizing the lip-mania, others seemed to genuinely want fuller lips. The results ranged from alarming to straight-up grotesque (if you feel queasy when you see blood, the hashtag’s not for you), and lots of folks petitioned for it to stop:
For what it’s worth, Kylie got wind of the social media movement she inspired and spoke out against it:
The rebuttal didn’t stop more people from joining in, though. So really, what’s behind the full-lips craze? It turns out that, as eye-catching as the #KylieJennerChallenge may be, it’s only the latest example of a cultural obsession with big lips. (Remember when “duck face” selfies became a thing? The term was even added into Oxford Dictionaries in 2014.)
RELATED: Sad Proof That Most Women Don’t Think They’re Beautiful
“When you look at the anthropological history of the female body and sexuality, full lips signal not only sensuality, but being excited about having sex,” says Jamie Gordon, anthropologist, partner, and cultural strategist at Culture Agency in Atlanta. “Much like how studies show that the higher your hip-to-waist ratio in some African tribal cultures, the more attractive you are, full lips can also make you seem more attractive.”
Journal of Vision Research
One 2010 study in the journal Vision Research backs this up. The researchers experimented to see whether there’s a facial golden ratio, i.e., an ideal facial feature arrangement. “A woman who has large lips, suggesting a strong mating potential, with average length and width ratios will always be more attractive than a woman with narrow lips and average length and width ratios,” wrote the researchers. They found that people were rated as most attractive when the vertical distance between the eyes and mouth was about 36 percent of its length, and the horizontal distance between the eyes was about 46 percent of the face’s width (you can see examples of different distances of facial features in the image above). The study was a small one of only 20 college students, but that thinking still seems socially prevalent.
A major part of this cultural emphasis started in the ’50s, right around when Marilyn Monroe reached bombshell status. “Marilyn represented a transition in our cultural thought about women and sex,” says Gordon. “Because there were fewer men due to the war, there wasn’t just a lot more competition for a man, there was also this idea that you had to please him to keep him. You couldn’t just look like you were capable of having sex. You had to be excited about it, and full lips can help express that.” Enter Monroe’s signature over-lined red pout, which is part of a beauty look so iconic, Max Factor chose her as their Global Glamour Ambassador back in January.
Although most of the people who participated in the Kylie Jenner Challenge were adolescents, the fixation on full lips certainly doesn’t disappear as women age. Actually, it does anything but. “Your lips get thinner as you age, but fuller lips are a signifier of youth,” says Gordon. “As some women age, they think, ‘At least I’ve still got this part of me that represents my sexuality.'” The real difference is that as women get older, they can actually do something about it.
RELATED: All of Your Curiosities About Face Fillers Answered
Injectable wrinkle fillers (like Juvederm and Restylane) skyrocketed 243 percent between 2000 and 2013 and 13 percent between just 2012 and 2013, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. While they don’t have isolated numbers strictly for lip-related treatments, other pieces of data are telling: Lip augmentation other than injectables jumped 35 percent between 2000 and 2013, while lip reductions fell 32 percent between 2012 and 2013.
“Lip augmentation is certainly not going away, but whether it’s increasing varies from practice to practice,” says Michael C. Edwards, M.D., president of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. “I can happily say fewer women are going for the overly full, fish-lip aesthetic.” Edwards says he has turned away patients he thinks are requesting something too large, bypassing what he says is the most natural-looking equation: a lower lip that’s about a third fuller than the top one.
So why do some women visit plastic surgeons in pursuit of bigger lips in the first place? “People may think a fuller lip is more sensual, or they may be influenced by pop culture and social media,” says Edwards. Edwards says anyone looking to get fillers should only entrust board-certified professionals with the task. Turning to a shot glass to get the same results? Not advisable.
RELATED: How Bad Your Worst Beauty Habit ACTUALLY Is
While some of the backlash to this phenomenon lies in the inherent physical dangers, part of it is due to the potential cultural appropriation at play. “Cultural appropriation is typically when white people have borrowed from cultural production of people of color,” says Akil Houston, Ph.D., associate professor of cultural and media studies at Ohio University. It’s often talked about related to the world of entertainment, but it can also extend to matters of beauty, says Houston. And really, the two are usually inextricably intertwined. In that case, cultural appropriation essentially boils down to when women of color are mocked for a certain body type, hairstyle, facial feature, for instance, while white women are celebrated when they adopt it. Some women online have pointed this out:
Of course, it’s highly unlikely that Kylie and other white women committed to the quest for fuller lips woke up one day and decided they felt like engaging in some cultural appropriation. Still, it’s not as much about the intention as it is the effect. “I think for , this is just something fun and clever,” says Houston. “But once it leaves the hands of the creator, what it means is up for grabs. The context gets lost.”
RELATED: 6 Ways to Boost Your Body Confidence
It might seem like it’s no big deal that Kylie just wanted to experiment with her look, but her influence is undeniable. “We have to take pop culture seriously, especially when it comes to social media,” says Houston. “For some people in our society, that’s a significant space of identification. Even when it’s entertaining, it socializes and legitimizes certain ways of thinking.”
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Kylie ✨ (@kyliejenner) on Mar 14, 2014 at 9:38pm PDT
On the other hand, not everyone agrees that this is an example of cultural appropriation. “We have evolved as an American culture to include beauty standards that are as characteristically multi-racial as our society,” says Gordon. “It stands to reason that people—especially young people—are finding attractiveness in characteristically non-Caucasian aesthetics.”
The bottom line here is that there are clearly a few different aspects that make the #KylieJennerChallenge troubling. Whether you’re coming at it from a safety standpoint or a cultural one, it’s something that should have never been trending in the first place. If you agree but are still craving full lips, not to worry—there are 100 percent safe ways to create the illusion, no harm necessary.
Natural beauty products that help you look + feel stunning!
If you have dry lips, you need a natural lip care routine. Chapstick alone isn’t going to cut it.
But don’t fret! I’ve been perfecting my own lip care routine over the years and I’ve come up with one that I don’t think I could live without.
Here’s everything you need to know to keep your lips soft, supple, and healthy all winter long.
Why Are My Lips Dry?
The first step to any natural lip care routine is figuring out why your lips are dry in the first place. The more I researched this question, the more I realized that life is full of things that will dry out your lips.
Are you dealing with any of these?
- Dehydration: Do you drink enough water? I’m not trying to put anyone on the spot, but if you don’t, you probably know it. Dry, chapped lips are a common sign of dehydration. Solve the problem by drinking more water, eating more fruits, and limiting caffeinated beverages.
- Exposure: Even the healthiest lips are covered by thin, delicate skin. This means that even a small amount of elemental exposure can cause big issues. Protect your lips by covering up with a scarf or face mask when going outside, and by using a humidifier if you work or live in a dry building.
- Licking Your Lips: It’s hard not to when your lips are dry, isn’t it? But every time you lick, you’re introducing saliva to your skin. There are chemicals in your saliva that help break down food for digestion. Unfortunately, they’ll also break down the skin around your lips. It’s time to go cold turkey on lip licking. Take a sip of water every time you feel the urge to lick!
- Toothpaste: Some toothpastes contain chemicals that can irritate your ips. If you consistently suffer from dryness, consider testing out a natural toothpaste that’s easier on your skin.
- Your Diet: Some foods, such as citrus and salty foods, can irritate your lips. Avoid them if your lips are already dry or cracked. Your lips can also dry out if you don’t have enough healthy fats in your diet. Add a moderate amount of coconut oil, walnuts, or other nutrient-dense fats to your meals.
- Nutrient Deficiencies: You may find yourself with dry lips or cracks on the sides of your mouth if you’re low in iron, zinc, or B vitamins. Increase your servings of fruits and vegetables every day to ensure your body has what it needs. If you’re not already, consider adding a multivitamin as well.
Why Conventional Products Make Dry Lips Worse
What’s the first thing you reach for when your lips dry out? Lip balm, of course! I know I used to reach for cheap conventional chapstick when my lips were dry. But then a funny thing happened: the dryness would just get worse.
Turns out conventional lip products are often filled with ingredients that can make your lips worse, not better. If you want to establish a natural lip care routine, keep away from the following:
- Petrolatum: Does “petrolatum” sound familiar to you? That’s because it’s derived from the same stuff you put in your car. The manufacturing process used to refine this ingredient can cause potentially toxic results. Just look up “Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons” and you’ll see what I mean. To add insult to injury, it helps lock in other ingredient close to your lips. If a product uses other harmful ingredients, you’ll have an even longer period of exposure. Not good.
- Parabens: I’ve written about these preservatives before. They can really mess with your endocrine system and are well worth staying away from. They’re also surprisingly common in conventional lip balms, so be wary.
- Artificial flavors: What’s flavoring your lip balm? Who knows! Manufacturers don’t have to reveal individual chemicals when listing flavor ingredients, so there’s no way to know what you’re spreading on your lips.
- Chemical sunscreens: Chemical sunscreens show up a lot in lip balms with SPF. They are notorious for causing allergic reactions, which will just dry your lips out further. Avoid balms with oxybenzone, octinoxate, and homosalate.
Establishing a Natural Lip Care Routine for Dry Lips
Okay, enough negativity. If you’re dealing with dry lips, here’s what you can do to bring them back to their best!
Choosing Great Ingredients
The number one thing you can do to soothe and moisturize dry lips is find products with great ingredients. Here are the four components I like to see in my lip care products:
- Beeswax: Beeswax naturally forms a barrier on the surface of your skin. This keeps moisture in and the elements out. It won’t cause irritation or clog your pores, but it will help relieve itching and discomfort. Oh, and it has a naturally sweet smell and taste, which is definitely something you want when you’re thinking about lip products.
- Natural Oils: Natural oils like coconut and jojoba deliver nutrients and healthy fats to your lips. This helps them stay naturally smooth and nourished. These oils also help treat dry skin, making it easier and faster to heal chapped lips.
- Natural Extracts: Natural extracts are a great alternative to artificial flavors. They’ll help your lip products taste great, and many contain additional benefits your lips will love. Calendula extract is a particularly nice one to have in your arsenal. It has antibacterial properties that support healing in chapped or cracked lips.
- Sugar: Sugar is a gentle and natural way to slough dead skin cells from your lips. This type of exfoliation will help keep your lips soft and supple. What I like most about sugar (besides the taste) is that you don’t have to worry about its environmental impact. Just rinse and go!
Creating a Natural Lip Care Routine
Follow this natural lip care routine to heal dry, chapped lips. Keep it up to prevent new issues from forming.
- Remove Your Makeup: Clear away any lip stick, gloss, or liner. This is a good thing to do before you go to bed anyway, and essential for getting the most out of your lip care routine.
- Exfoliate Your Lips with a Sugar Scrub: Apply a small amount of natural lip scrub to your lips. Using a clean finger, gently massage your top and bottom lips. When you’re finished, rinse off any excess or lick it away. Do this once or twice a week.
- Apply Lip Balm: Apply a natural lip balm at least twice a day to moisturize and protect your lips. I like to apply mine before putting on makeup and before I go to bed. Of course, there’s no reason not to use it throughout the day as well!
- Change Your Behavior: Honestly, this is the most important part of any lip care routine. It’s much better to avoid chapped lips in the first place than to heal them after the fact. Drink more water, adjust your diet, and protect yourself from the elements. Trust me: your lips are going to thank you!
What’s Your Natural Lip Care Routine?
What do you do to protect your lips when they’re dry and chapped? Have you found any lifestyle tips to help keep your lips healthy? Let me know about them in the comments below!
18 lip care products to include in your skin care routine, because your lips need love too
Image zoom Alyssa Morin / HelloGiggles; Getty Images; Too Faced
When winter temperatures dip to frigid levels, we race to our favorite retailers to pick up products that will hydrate and nourish our skin. Because of this, our skin care routines always seem to change around this time of year; we find ourselves storing our cooling gels for something more moisturizing and creamy.
However, there’s one major part of our skin care regimen that we don’t give enough attention to: our lips. Much like your skin, lips tend to go through changes (most of the time, it’s not for the better) when the weather transitions from hot to freezing cold. This winter, give your pout some extra TLC. Because at the end of the day, our lip need love too.
If you don’t have a lip care routine as extensive as your skin care or body care regimens, now is the time to put one together. At the very least, you need to hydrate your lips and exfoliate them to remove dry, dead skin, which will give you a soft and supple pout. To help you solve all of your dry lip problems, here are 18 different products to shop for. From overnight masks, to SPF treatments, to lip scrubs.
1Laneige Special Care Lip Sleeping Mask, $20
Image zoom Sephora
This overnight lip mask will give your pout intense moisture. The hyaluronic acid in this formula helps to protect your lips from dehydration in the long run.
2Fresh Sugar Lip Serum Advanced Therapy, $36
Image zoom Sephora
If your lips need some extra attention, this power-packed lip serum is just what you’ll need. It will also help repair damage to the lips and smooth out fine lines.
3La Roche-Posay Nutritic Lip Balm, $16
Extra dry lips are no match for this non-greasy lip balm. Formulated with beeswax and shea butter, this dermatologist-developed balm will relieve and revive chapped lips.
4Too Faced Peach Lip Scrub, $17
Image zoom Sephora
Peach, please! This peaches and cream-infused balm and lip scrub (yes, it’s a 2-in-1) will rid your lips of dead skin while intensely hydrating them.
5Tarte Cosmetics Pout Prep Lip Exfoliant, $16
Image zoom Sephora
Comfortably rock a matte liquid lip this winter with this pre-lipstick exfoliating treatment. Raw sugar grains help buff away dead skin for the most seamless application.
6Clinique Chubby Stick Intense Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm, $18.50
Image zoom Sephora
Give your pout a break from drying lipsticks with this ultra-pigmented and deeply-moisturizing lip balm. It gives you all the color payoff you want from a lipstick…and then some.
7Kiehl’s Buttermask Intense Repair Lip Treatment, $24
Image zoom Sephora
A buttery lip mask to help you soothe and repair even the driest of lips. This coconut oil and mango butter blend will have your pucker feeling luscious by morning.
8First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Lip Therapy, $12
Image zoom Sephora
Give your liquid lipsticks a rest and wear this semi-matte hydrating balm instead. Trust us, your lips will thank you.
9Sara Happ The Lip Scrub Red Velvet, $22
Image zoom Nordstrom
The queen of lip scrubs, Sara Happ, created the most luxe (and nourishing) product on the market. Even better? This specific one smells just like the red velvet cupcake from Sprinkles.
10Clinique Superbalm Lip Treatment, $17
Image zoom Sephora
When your lips are feeling dry and chapped, this lip balm will come in clutch. Throw it in your purse for mid-day applications.
11Pretty Vulgar Silent Treatment Matte Lip Moisturizer, $20
Image zoom Sephora
This innovative 2-in-1 makeup prep and lip treatment provides hydration with a a soft matte finish. It’s the perfect thing to use right before swiping on a matte lippie.
12Sol De Janero Brazilian Kiss Cupuaçu Lip Butter, $18
Image zoom Sephora
This balm has a nourishing blend of butters that will work to make your pout soft and supple. Even better? It smells delicious.
13Morrocanoil Lip Balm SPF 20, $17
Image zoom Moroccanoil
Lips needs sun protection, too. This hydrating lip balm will give them some much-needed TLC while also protecting them from the sun’s harmful rays.
14Winky Lux Matcha Lip Balm, $14
Image zoom Sephora
Bring your pout back to life with this softening matcha green tea lip balm. It’s like a green tea fix for your lips.
15Drunk Elephant Lippe Balm, $18
Image zoom Sephora
Your chapped lips will no longer be the elephant in the room when you use this (see what we did there?).
16BKR Paris Water Balm, $22
Image zoom Sephora
Enriched with French rose, this lip balm is the perfect moisturizing treatment if you love a glossy look. Best of all? This balm hooks up to bkr’s special bottle cap (you just pop it into the cap and it will fit in any bkr bottle). That means you and your lips can stay hydrated all day long.
17Clarin’s Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil, $26
Image zoom Sephora
This high-shine lip oil provides the perfect hint of color while restoring dry lips back to health.
18Nyakio Kenyan Coffee Lip Polish,$24
Image zoom Ulta
This gentle lip polish contains antioxidant-rich Kenyan coffee to help your lips stay smooth and supple.
- By Mika
7 BEST LIP CARE SECRETS REVEALED
April 16, 2018 by Renee Tavoularis
Chapped lips are most common in the winter, when the cold, dry air dehydrates our skin. But winter isn’t the only season which spells trouble for our lips. Dry air, sun and wind will equally dry your lips all year round. We go to great lengths to protect our skin, but too often, our lips get overlooked. Protecting the lips as you do your face is essential to maintaining a softer and more supple smile.
Here are some simple tips that will help you to take care of your lips:
DRINK PLENTY OF WATER.
Hydrating your body also hydrates your lips. Keep a water bottle nearby to hydrate frequently. Be sure to drink at least eight glasses of water a day or the equivalent of half your body weight in ounces.
KEEP YOUR LIPS HYDRATED OVERNIGHT.
While we are awake we know when our lips feel dry out, but this could be a problem when you are asleep and the air around you tends to dry out your lips. Plug in a humidifier. It can replace moisture in dry indoor air, keeping your lips (and your skin) hydrated.
2. KICK THE LICKING HABIT
LIP SKIN IS DIFFERENT.
Lips don’t produce oil like the rest of your face, which is why they’re so susceptible to dryness. And if you’re a lip licker, that doesn’t help. It might feel good for the moment and feel hydrating for your lips. But once the saliva evaporates, it will leave the lips even drier because the enzymes in the saliva damages the protective barrier of the lip skin eventually leading to peeling. The enzymes in the saliva are simply too harsh on your delicate lips.
Keep a moisturizing and soothing lip balm in your pocket or your purse. Whenever you get the urge to lick your lips, reach for your balm instead. Look for natural wax balms enriched with hydrating ingredients like shea butter, almond, jojoba or coconut oils. These ingredients are rich in Vitamin E, which soothes and hydrates cracked lips.
3. REMOVE LIP MAKEUP
Your night-time lip care routine should include cleansing and moisturizing. We suggest PLANTED IN BEAUTY’S Double Cleanse for the most efficient method of removing all traces of lip makeup, pollution and grime. Beneficial plant extracts in our Purify + Condition Makeup Remover removes long-wearing lip color as it cleanses surface dirt and grim. Water-activated Soothe + Soften Cleansing Emulsion naturally and effectively provides a deeper cleanse, removing pollutants and residue while purifying the skin on your lips.
APPLY EYE CREAM ON LIPS FOR MOISTURIZING AND NOURISHING BENEFITS:
The delicate skin on the lips and around the mouth is prone to dryness, fine lines and wrinkles – just like the skin around your eyes. Combat premature aging of your lips by applying PLANTED IN BEAUTY’S natural, organic eye cream, Depuff + Illuminate Eye Firming Complex.
4. EXFOLIATE AND TREAT
ANOTHER LIP MUST: EXFOLIATION.
Dead, flaking skin can ruin your smile, so be sure to exfoliate your lips just like you do the rest of your face. We suggest, PLANTED IN BEAUTY’s Polish + Resurface Detox Exfoliant as it provides gentle exfoliation that gets rid of dead skin to reveal smoother, healthier lips underneath, which is the perfect canvas for smooth lip color application.
5. PROTECT. PROTECT.
Just as the sun ages and damages the skin, the lips are just as susceptible. – even more so because they lack the melanin that protects against ultraviolet rays. Use an SPF lip moisturizer and/or lipstick every day, rain or shine, to protect your lips from the sun.
6. CHOSE THE RIGHT LIPSTICK
BEWARE OF NON-TOXIC LIPSTICKS.
Some lipsticks do more harm to your lips than good because they include a variety of potentially harmful ingredients, such as lead, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, and several parabens. Learn which ingredients to avoid here and choose a non-toxic formula the next time you purchase lipstick.
TAKE A BREAK FROM MATTE LIP COLOR.
Although matte lipstick is all the rage, matte formulas can be drying. If you must apply matte formulas, swipe on a moisturizing lip balm before the application. Otherwise, go for more hydrating lipsticks with ingredients like Vitamin E.
7. FOLLOW HEALTHY DIET PLAN
BOOST YOUR DIET:
A good diet is essential not just for your skin but even for your lips. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables rich in minerals and vitamins, especially Vitamin B and C. These vitamins and other nutrients support the overall health of your lips and keep them moisturized and youthful.
Some nutrients also serve as antioxidants, which reduce the effect of free radicals on your cells. Making sure that you have the appropriate vitamins and minerals in your diet to offset these harmful substances can benefit your skin health overall, which will help to keep your lips looking their best.
April 10, 2019
your artical is amazing .i read whole artical it has lot of information.i am also some information about this https://youtu.be/gw9AtVV1CnE
Olga Marta Grajales
April 16, 2018
do you have lip treatment?
Comments will be reviewed prior to posting.
14 Beauty Tips For Healthy Pink lips Idee Fixe Hyderabd040-395603080 November 22, 2019
Soft Pink Lips can brighten anyone’s face and add a friendly warm touch to one’s smile. Pinkish tinge on Lips is a sign of good health, and thus a proper care need to be taken to keep that tinge on the lips. Also lips are the most delicate part of our face which have no oil glands of their own and hence external moisture is very important to keep them baby soft.
Best Beauty Tips for Pink Lips:
1. Moisturize Your Lips:
Dryness and chapping of Lips is one big turn off and if it’s not treated at the right time, it causes dark and pigmented lips. Keep a Lip balm always handy, and apply it frequently throughout the day. Lip balms are addictive, so choose them wisely. Avoid Petrolatum or Petroleum based Lip balms as they don’t turn out beneficial in the long run. Check for Ingredients like Natural Beeswax, Cadillac Wax, Glycerine, Almond Oil and Vitamin E in your balms.Or simply apply Vitamin E oil before going to bed. This will always be the first of the pink lips tips that you will ever get.
2. Hydrate Yourself To Keep Your Lips Hydrated Too:
Hydration brings out a pinkish tinge and a juicy look to the lips, while dry lips look exactly the opposite, dark and dull. Keeping yourself hydrated will combat the dryness on the lips irrespective of the season. Only external application of Moisture is not sufficient, internal hydration is important as well.
3. Coat Your Lips With a Chap Stick or Lip Balm Before Applying Lipstick:
This will ensure you that your lips are moisturized in spite of the Lipstick on. Apply a lipgloss for a juicy pout or even a Lip salve. Avoid Matte lipsticks as they make the lips tad dry. Opt for Crème finish or Satin finish, and make sure you moisturize your lips well before applying lipsticks and glosses.
4. Scrub-a-Dub Dub:
Lip scrubbing helps you to get rid of the Dead cells, resulting in soft kissable lips. There are ways of Scrubbing lips, you can simply slather your lips with Plain, heavy Lip balm or even clarified butter before retiring and scrub of the dead cell with a tooth brush next morning while brushing. Make a Sugar lips scrub, mix in some granulated sugar with Petroleum jelly or your Lip balm, mix it well and apply a layer on your lips. Scrub your lips in a circular motion and wipe off with a damp cloth or cotton. Baby Soft Kissable will be all yours!
5. Stay Away From Dark Colours:
Dark and pigmented Lipsticks may snatch the pinkish tinge from your lips, eventually leading to pigmented lips. Use Soft Colours or even Nudes. Also well known Brands should be used for Lips as they may contain toxins that can harm your lips.
6. Rose Petals For Soft Pink Lips:
cc licensed ( BY ND ) flickr photo shared by Fadi F
Looking for home made tips for pink lips?
- Crush some Rose petals and add a teaspoon of honey to it. If your lips are pigmented, add a teaspoon of Milk powder to it.
- Apply this mixture to your lips for 10-15 minutes and wipe off with damp cotton and follow up with your Lip balm.
Rose adds a Pinkish tint on the lips while Milk powder and Honey lightens the Lips. Regular or Daily application is necessary to keep your lips soft and pink.
Some More Tips For Perfectly Pink Lips:
7. No Smoking: Nicotine causes darkening and discoloration of lips, so it is best to quit smoking if you want pink and healthy lips.
8. No Coffee or tea: Since components of caffeine are known to blacken the lips, one should avoid consuming tea and coffee.
9. Avoid Sun exposure: Darkening of the lips may happen due to the presence of excess melanin pigment in the region. The sun is known to increase the synthesis of melanin in the body. Hence, it is ideal to protect oneself from these harmful UV rays of the sun by using lip products, like lip balms and lip sticks which contain SPF or other sunscreens, to ensure pink and healthy lips.
10. Ensure using good cosmetics: Using a lot of lipstick or other artificial cosmetics on the lips can be harmful. This is because of the presence of corrosive and unhealthy chemicals in them .Excessive and prolonged use of cosmetics, especially the ones which are cheap in quality, on the lips can cause pigmentation. Cosmetics that have nutrients and natural extracts like jojoba, Shea butter, pomegranate seed oil etc in their composition should be selected compared to the pro-chemical ones. Lipsticks, lip gloss etc should be removed preferably with natural oils like coconut or almond oil. The expiry date of the cosmetic should be checked before applying the same on the lips as using an expired product can cause severe allergy. This is how to make lips pink with cosmetics.
Read: Burgandy Lipstick ]
11. Maintain a Healthy Diet: Following a dietary regime which promotes a rich amount of fruit and vegetable intake is very essential for having healthy lips. The vitamins like Vitamin C, naturally moisturizes the lips and reduces pigmentation. Hence, it is a must to have a vitamin-rich diet.
12. Avoid Chlorine contact: Chlorinated water also causes pigmentation of the lips. Hence, it is better to avoid contact of the lips with chlorinated water.
13. Genetic trait: Some people are born with dark lips, which is a result of genetic factors. It is very difficult in such cases to lighten the colour of the lips naturally and surgery is the only resort to help attain pink lips.
14. Some Other Natural Remedies: How to get healthy pink lips naturally? Apart from cosmetic, habitual and surgical methods, use of certain natural products, like lime juice, almond oil, glycerin, honey, rose petal extracts, cucumber juice, aloe vera etc , prove helpful in moisturizing and nourishing the lips to give them the healthy, luscious and pink look. This is how to get natural pink lips.
With these simple and easy tips and remedies, it’s very easy to achieve soft, healthy kissable lips. Hope you liked this article on amazing tips for pink lips. How do you care for your lips? Let us know below.
- 5 Simple Tips To Get Luscious Lips
- 10 Simple Homemade Tips To Get Rid Of Chapped Lips
- 7 Ways To Get Rid Of Dark Lips Naturally
The following two tabs change content below.
- Latest Posts
Latest posts by Idee Fixe (see all)
- 5 Types Of Eyeliner Brushes And Their Uses – May 7, 2013
- Best Elle 18 Products And Their Prices – May 1, 2013
- 14 Beauty Tips For Healthy Pink lips – February 7, 2013
- 4 Choppy Medium Hairstyles For Different Face Shapes – January 3, 2013
I am pranali, a twenty something trying to build her own world. I’m Obsessed with the girl in the Mirror. My greatest Obsession till date is my Mini Library and my Vanity!
Having soft, clear lips is a sign that you are healthy. Unfortunately, due to weather elements, use of cosmetics and lifestyle habits such as smoking and drinking alcohol, our lips often get chapped and dry, and for some they get darker. This can have quite the negative impact on our self-esteem and confidence considering it is on your face and you cannot hide it forever.
The good news is you can get soft, attractive lips just by following some simple home remedies to take care of them.
To get you started, here are six home remedies that will do just that.
One way to get rid of the dark pigments on your lips is by using honey. Apply honey constantly for soft, pink lips. You can also use it to exfoliate by applying honey on your lips and using a toothbrush to scrub them.
- Aloe vera gel
Put some Aloe Vera gel to your lips and massage them in a circular motion. Let it dry before washing. Some Aloe Vera gel goodness will do wonders for your lips.
Sugar is a readily available ingredient in your kitchen so put it to good use for great lips. It acts as an exfoliant for both your face and lips. Mix some sugar with a tablespoon of honey and rub it on your lips in circular motions. Leave it for 10 minutes and then wash it out.
- Petroleum jelly
Vaseline is the ultimate beauty solution for a lot of things including your lips. For nice, soft lips make sure to dab some petroleum jelly before you go to bed. You can also exfoliate by applying Vaseline to your lips and brushing them using a toothbrush. Do this every three days for effective results.
First, cut your cucumber into thin slices. Using a circular motion, rub the slices on your lips. After this, apply Vaseline or honey for moisture. This is an effective way to get rid of dark pigment on your lips and attain soft, pink lips.
Another remedy for luscious lips is using butter. Apply some butter on your lips before going to sleep. In the morning, use a toothbrush to exfoliate by brushing your lips. If you do this on a daily basis you will see noticeable changes within three days.
Do not miss out on the latest news. Join the Eve Digital Telegram channel HERE.
Home Remedies for Chapped Lips: How to Get Soft, Red & Gorgeous Lips
Just like a bad haircut, flaky or dark lips can make or break your look. They’re seemingly obvious and can’t be concealed, no matter how hard you try; 20 dollar lipsticks, store-bought lip balms, you can try them all but eventually the real deal will give way. There could be many reasons why your lips could transition to being dull and dark: too much caffeine, UV rays, unexpected allergies, smoking, caffeine and hormonal imbalances. Once you identify the lifestyle change, you can work on treating your lips, armed with a handful of kitchen ingredients and consistency. Every woman dreams of pink or ruby-red, healthy and plump lips and today we’re going to demonstrate how you can get those without having to spend large amounts of your hard-earned cash.
When you’ve got chapped, flaky and dry lips, your first instinct would be to grab your lip balm and rub it over your lips in one quick motion. Would we be wrong in saying that sometimes your lips might feel more dry after a few minutes? We may have found you an easier and more long-term solution that will also help you escape this viscous circle.
Here are some natural remedies that could help you get rid of chapped lips
1. Petroleum jellies and lubricating oils and butter
Shea butter, Vaseline, almond oil, coconut oil or cocoa butter are going to be your new best friends. Apply one of any of them through the day and you’ll find your lips to be much softer and healthier than before.(Also Read: Coconut Oil for Face: 7 Ways to Use it For a Beauty Boost)
Coconut oil can retain moisture in the lips
2. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera has always been pegged as one of India’s best beauty secrets and you know what, it’ll deliver. Apply some aloe vera gel twice a day and in a few days you’ll see your lips getting softer. Here’s how you can store aloe vera at home.
(Also Read: 5 Natural Home Remedies For Dark Lips)
Aloe vera has always been pegged as one of India’s best beauty secrets
3. Vitamin E tablets
Vitamin E tablets can work as a great remedy and it doesn’t just help with lips but even your skin and hair in general. Vitamin E capsules are easily available in the market. All you need to do is break the capsules and use the liquid on your lips twice a day, for a few days till your lips are hydrated and in the pink of health.
(Also Read: Home Remedies: Natural Ways To Get Smooth Lips in Winters)
Remedy for chapped lips: Vitamin E capsules are easily available across many stores.
4. Make your own balm
This might be easier said than done but if none of the store-bought balms suit you, it may be your best alternative. All you need is 2 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil, half a tablespoon of shea butter, 1 tablespoon grated beeswax, 10 drops of vitamin E oil and 10 drops of an essential oil.
Method: Place the coconut oil, shea butter and bees wax in a glass dish or mason jar and microwave it for a few seconds till it melts completely. Now, let it cool. Then, mix in the remaining ingredients and let it set. (recipe from bloglovin.com)
(Also Read: Body Care Tips: 9 Natural Solutions for All Your Beauty Problems)
Scrub, Scrub & Exfoliate: How to Lighten Dark Lips
Dark lips are something you cannot hide or conceal and once noticed are a real turn off.
1. Make a paste from turmeric powder and milk, leave it on for about two to three minutes and wash it off. Then, apply some lip balm and leave be.
2. Lemon juice is known for its bleaching properties and can work wonders on dark lips. So make a mix of lemon juice, sugar and scrub your lips every alternate day with this. Lemon juice is highly and if you apply too much of it, it can dry out your lips. If you feel that happening to you, then add some glycerin or honey to the mix.
3. Grab some rose water, honey and saffron (if possible). If you don’t have rose water you can take some rose petals, soak them in water for an hour and make a paste out of it. Then, add some honey to it and a few saffron threads. Apply this mix twice a day till your lips starts to regain colour.
How to Get Ruby Red Lips
Who doesn’t love red lips? And they look even better when they’re naturally red.
1. Increase your intake of red fruits like pomegranate, beetroot and carrots. They contain many essential vitamins and minerals and help increase blood circulation. You can also use beetroot paste or carrot pulp (which is the leftover part when you juice carrots) on your lips. It’ll help improve any dark spots or discolouration and make them look healthy and red. You can also take beetroot juice, mix it with lemon and sugar and exfoliate your lips with it.
2. Use naturally red fruits and rub them over your lips till some of the colour rubs off. Then, quickly apply some lip balm over it and there, that should do it.
3. Now that we’ve established that fruits are the best way to bring some colour to your lips, you can make your very own fruit-inspired lip balm. Mash some strawberries and mix it with petroleum jelly. Apply this a few times a day to get soft, red and luscious lips.
4. The ultimate exfoliator: Grab some beetroot and carrots, chop them up and throw them in a blender. Add some drops of water to this and puree till it’s a fine mix. Now, add 2 tablespoon of honey and 2 tablespoons of olive oil to it. Apply this once in the morning and then at night, leave it overnight.
Image credits: beautytips4her.com
CommentsFollow these tips and get gorgeous pink lips easily.
9 Simple Tips to Keep your Lips Beautiful Oindrila Hyderabd040-395603080 May 28, 2019
Just like the eyes, our lips also enhance the attractiveness of our face. Due to pollution and due to rampant use of harsh cosmetics, lips tend to turn dark and lose their natural beauty over time. And we are forced to depend on cosmetics even more. Its what you can call a chicken and egg story! It goes on forever and the end is never close. But what if you could find a few ways to break that cycle? Doesn’t that sound good?
To regain their natural color and beauty, here are some tips for beautiful lips which will help you regain the soft, luscious and kissable lips look.
Natural beauty tips for lips
Tip 1: Use Lipsticks Sparingly
Lipsticks are basically a mixture of wax, pigments, fragrance, oils and alcohol. And different kinds of wax, oils and pigments are used in combination to get the desired product. Chemicals as much individually are not the best option when it comes to prolonged contact with the body but when being we need to take additional care for the result may not suit us! Use lipsticks only when you need them the most. They contain chemicals, which are not good for your lips. Make sure you use Lipsticks with Shea butter, Vitamin E, jojoba oil etc that moisturize your lips. Go for a tinted lip balm instead of a lipstick for regular use, and brands like Nivea and Maybelline have some real good ones.
Tip 2: Keep Lips Hydrated
Water constitutes about 50% to 60% of our body approximately. It is but obvious then that maintaining the required percentage is but essential or the effects will show on your skin too. Your lips being the least naturally equipped for self preservation, they are the first to show the effects. To retaining the natural color of lips, it is essential to maintain hydration levels by drinking plenty of water throughout the day to retain the natural moisture of your lips, especially during winters when we often tend to drink less water, and dehydration is noticed. Also, add high water-content to your diet like fruits such as cucumber, watermelon, orange, grapefruit and lemon.
Tip 3: Avoid Licking or Biting your Lips + Moisturize
cc licensed ( BY ) flickr photo shared by lucyburrluck
Saliva tends to further dry out the moisture on your rather than add to them.Dermatologists hence advise us not to lick the lips to keep them wet because in the process you are further drying them out and this can lead to darkening of the lips. Even the habit of biting lips should be avoided as there is the risk of damaging them, instead keep a moisturizing lip balm handy for application as it protects and conditions your lips.
Licking your lips and lip balm is an idiosyncrasy that a lot of people suffer from. This is a reaction to nervousness or stress. This might calm your nerves at that moment but the long term damage it does to your lips is quite harsh. It leaves them dry, chapped and even bleeding at time. The best way to avoid this is to first stop using flavored lip balms and secondly to make a conscious effort to adopt other means of relieving stress.
Tip 4: Use Lip Products with SPF
Exposure to the harsh sun rays can cause darkening of the lips. UV rays have the same damaging effect on your lips as it does on the skin. Always use lip products that contain SPF to protect your lips when you need to spend time outside during daytime. Many of the well-known brands are selling lipsticks, glosses and lip balms (both tinted and non-tinted) with sun protection.
Tip 5: Exfoliate at least once a week
Skin cells undergo a constant process of replacing the dead layer of cells on the outside with a fresh layer of cells. This is the process that keeps are skin soft and supple. But when this layer isn’t completely shed, then your skin looks dead and dull. The same things also happens with your lips.
Use a natural lip scrub at least once every week to remove dead cells and dry skin from your lips. You can mix olive oil and sugar and use this for exfoliation. Once you rinse off, apply healing lip butter or your favorite lip moisturizer. Surprisingly this one of the most favored of the beautiful lips tips.
Tip 6: Retain the moisture in your lips
Lack of moisture leads to a lot of our lip troubles. So being preemptive is a better path to pick. Spray some powder onto your hankie and hold it to your lips. press down slightly. This helps retain moisture.
Tip 7: Avoid wrinkling around lips
Wrinkling around lips happens due to sun exposure, age or smoking. If you smoke, then quit. That’s your only solution. But if the causes are either one of the remaining two, then you need to make sure that this area of your face is hydrated with a cream containing anti aging ingredients like retinol.
Tip 8: Get rid of cold sores
Cold sores are caused by the herpes simplex virus type 1. Wait don’t be embarrassed! About 90% of the people in the world have this virus in the dormant form. And when exposed to sun too much or when stressed out and sick, it rears its ugly head.
The best way is to prevent it.Use a broad spectrum screen at all times. But they still manage to rear their head, then use a lemon based ointment or cream.
Tip 9: Homemade beauty tips for lips
Soft pink lips are something that we all want. Here are a few tips you can implement that has no chemicals and can be easily done at home.
cc licensed ( BY ) flickr photo shared by Naomi
- Mix a little almond oil and honey; apply, massage and leave on your lips overnight
- For getting rid of dry and chapped lips, apply Vaseline mixed with olive oil 3-4 times daily.
- Lime juice + Glycerin mixture when used overnight on a regular basis helps to lighten the lips
Hope you find these beauty tips for lip care useful. Do let us know in the comments below.
The following two tabs change content below.
- Latest Posts
Latest posts by Oindrila (see all)
- 10 Latest Winter Hairstyles That You Can Flaunt – July 20, 2013
- 50 Bridal Styles For Long Hair! – July 6, 2013
- 10 Best Black Mehndi Designs To Try In 2019 – April 13, 2013
- 5 Best Veet Products You Need To Try Out In 2019 – March 23, 2013
- Best Organic Surge Products – Our Top 10 – March 18, 2013
I am a fun-loving and vibrant person. Having a passion for writing, I choose to provide the best insights into health and beauty. I am talkative, lively, caring and an independent thinker. I am extremely compassionate about animals. I am a movie freak too!
6 Ways To Make Your Lips Pink NATURALLY In 3 Weeks
Soft and pink lips are something we all desire. Not only does it improve your appearance, but also is a sign that your lips are healthy. Chapped lips are unsightly and can cause bleeding in severe cases. Chapped or dark pigmented lips are a concern to many, but with simple remedies, you can easily lighten your lips, make them soft and pink.
There’s no doubt — naturally rosy lips are an appealing feature of a woman’s beauty or a man’s good looks. So, many people who have dark lips want to lighten them.
Some of the main causes of dark lips are excessive exposure to direct sunlight, an allergic reaction, use of low-quality cosmetics, chewing tobacco, excessive smoking, high caffeine intake, and hormonal imbalances. There are many ways to lighten dark lips that don’t require buying expensive products or treatments. Natural home remedies can effectively lighten your lips. The time it takes for these remedies to work varies, so use them as long as needed to achieve the results you want.
What Makes Your Lips Go Dark?
Lips can get darken due to various factors like low blood circulation, stress, drugs, smoking and lot more. Better avoid such practices. We are listing below few factors which make your lips dark:
Dehydration, Keeping lips dry for prolonged times.
Consistent use of lip Cosmetics or products
Melasma or Hyperpigmentation
Prolonged exposure to the sun rays
Consumption of caffeine and hot beverages
Definitely, you should take care of these factors to protect the true color of your lips. However, without taking appropriate and consistent lip care methods, you won’t be able to maintain the natural pink color of lips.
6 Powerful Methods To Get Natural Pink Lips
To get natural pink lips, there are both natural and artificial ways. Artificial ways include plastic surgery, scrubbing, or peeling, which can seriously harm your lips in the long run. Therefore, this article will not focus upon artificial techniques to get pink lips at all, but will only focus on getting pink lips naturally:
Method 1: Honey-Sugar Scrub
You can use a yummy honey and sugar scrub to give your lips a little TLC. This scrub is very gentle, making it well-suited to the tender skin of your lips. Sugar scrubs are best known for their efficiency in exfoliation. This scrub will gently exfoliate the dead skin cells, which often give your lips an unpleasant appearance.
While you can make this scrub with white sugar, brown sugar is much gentler on the skin. It is also rich in antioxidants that protect your skin from ultraviolet (UV) damage due to sun exposure. The glycolic acid present in the sugar also conditions the skin and protects it from toxins.
Honey is a natural humectant, which means that it attracts moisture. Honey helps keep the exfoliated lips hydrated and healthy. The enzymes present in honey also help lighten the skin tone of your lips.
How To Apply: Put 1 tablespoon of brown sugar in a small bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of honey to it. Mix the ingredients thoroughly. Apply the scrub over your lips with your finger. Lightly massage it on your lips for 1 minute. The massage not only helps with exfoliation, it also improves blood circulation in the lips, making them healthier and lighter with time. Leave the scrub on your lips for a few minutes before washing it off with plain water.
Repeat this remedy 2 or 3 times a week until you see noticeable results.
Method 2: Pomegranate Seeds and Milk
Pomegranate works great in lightening pigmented lips. It contains a compound called punicalagin which prevent the production of melanin And also prevents your lips from getting darker when exposed to the sun.
How To Apply: Take a handful of pomegranate seeds and grind them. Mix the fine pomegranate seed with some milk cream. Apply this mixture onto your lips. Leave it to dry for about 15 minutes. Wash off with cold water.
Repeat this daily for about one month continuously, and you could notice your lips become pinker and fuller too.
Method 3: Rasberries, Aloe Vera and Organic Honey
Berries contain vital minerals and vitamins which are highly essential for keeping your lips healthy and vibrant. Both raspberries and strawberries also can turn dark lips into rosy pink lips. So you can use any one for preparing this remedy.
The ingredient honey used in this remedy is a natural moisturizing agent that can soften your lips and help restore their natural pink color.And aloe vera is a soothing ingredient, which helps with chapped and irritated lips. It also stimulates the growth of new skin cells and helps to lessen skin damage caused by the sun
And aloe vera is a soothing ingredient, which helps with chapped and irritated lips. It also stimulates the growth of new skin cells and helps to lessen skin damage caused by the sun
A lip scrub made from raspberries, aloe vera, and organic honey, can really help to make your lips pink naturally. Let’s see how to prepare this natural scrub:
How To Apply: Take equal proportion of few raspberries, aloe vera gel, and organic honey in a bowl. Blend them well to make a paste. Apply this paste to your lips with a gentle massage. Leave it for about 20 minutes before you wash it off. Wash of with cool water and pat dry.
Method 4: Lemon and Almond Oil
Lemon is a wonderful skin-lightening agent. A natural bleach and skin toner, lemon juice is safe to use on many skin types. Lemon is an effective way to undo the sun damage on your lips and lighten them naturally.
To prevent your lips from drying out, a good moisturizer like sweet almond oil is needed. Sweet almond oil hydrates your lips from within and helps even out their complexion as well.
How To Apply: Squeeze the juice from half a lemon into 1 tablespoon of sweet almond oil. Mix the two thoroughly with a spatula or your finger. Take a little of the almond oil and lemon juice mixture and lightly massage it on your lips. For best results, leave the mixture on your lips overnight.
Repeat this process every night for 3 to 4 weeks to notice a significant change.
Method 5: Beetroot Juice
If you’ve ever eaten this vegetable, you know how it stains not just your lips, tongue and teeth a bright pink but your clothes and fingers too. But that’s not all. Beetroot works to clear up the pigmentation of your lips. Besides being natural, it’s also free of chemicals and inexpensive, so why not make the most of it? Beetroot for pink lips, did you say? Sure, why not?
How To Apply: To use beetroot for pink lips, here’s another winning recipe. Combine one tablespoon of beetroot juice with an equal quantity of honey. Wet your lips with a piece of cotton and massage this liquid over your lips. Leave it on overnight. In the morning, you’ll notice your lips turning soft and pinkish. Continue this for a week to get naturally pink lips.
Method 6: Lemon and Sugar
Lemon is an excellent natural bleaching agent, and sugar helps to exfoliate all the dead skin cells. The citric acid in lemon juice helps to lighten the dark shade of lips, in turn, making your lips look pink.
One thing you take care while using this remedy is, lemon is acidic in nature, and not all skin types will adjust to its nature. Especially those having extra sensitive skin. So, if you experience any irritation while using this remedy please discontinue the use and prefer using any alternate remedies listed above.
How To Apply: Cut a thin slice of lemon and sprinkle some sugar on it. Rub this sugary slice on your lips for a couple of minutes. Soon you will notice that your lips will begin to get lighter.
Repeat this remedy once in three days for best result.
Some Essential Tips To Keep In Mind
- Resist the urge to lick the sweet honey-sugar scrub off your lips. The saliva will dry out the freshly exfoliated skin of your lips, making them chapped and dry.
- Commercial lip balms often contain chemicals that can make your lips dull over time. Try using lip balms made from natural ingredients or use a homemade lip balm.
- You can also use the juice of fresh mint leaves mixed with lemon juice and honey as a lip brightener.
- If you have a habit of licking your lips, you’ll need to kick it to the curb, as the saliva makes the lips chapped and dry, making them dark and dull over time.
- Wear a good sunscreen to protect your lips from sun damage and keep your body hydrated.
- If the darkness of your lips is genetic, there may not be much that you can do about it.
- Cut down on your smoking as well as caffeine and alcohol intake.
- Always remove lip makeup before going to sleep.
- Never use any expired lip products. Throw them out instead.
Remedies For Men To Get Naturally Pink Lips
Men can also get naturally pink lips after following the above-mentioned remedies. Just some tips have to be kept in mind as: Quit Smoking, exfoliate your lips, moisturize them and follow different home remedies.
So men and women out there, Do not worry at all. Your lips can turn very beautiful and pink if you follow the home remedies and the tips regularly. Drinking lots of water and juices keep your skin soft and moisturise it. Water nourishes the skin and helps in growth of new skin cells. Dry skin and lips indicate that your skin is not properly hydrated. It is advised to drink 8 glasses of water every day to keep your skin and lips healthy.
Getting pink lips is easy, but maintaining them is the hard part. Stay hydrated, get your vitamins, and avoid bad habits to ensure you get great looking impressive pink lips. To protect them, apply lip balm regularly and very frequently to ensure all the moisture in your lips stays locked in.
21 Best Homemade Beauty Tips For Lips Care
Who doesn’t want light toned and pinkish lips? All of us do. But many of us cannot get rid of some bad habits like smoking or taking in lots of caffeine and these results in darker lips. This is the main reason to get bad and vulgar lips. If you want beautiful and healthy lips you have to follow some beauty tips for lips care.
Best Natural Homemade Beauty Tips For Lips Care:
If you want softer and lighter lips then we have to follow the below homemade and natural best beauty tips for lips care that you can try out.
1. Stop The Smoking:
If you smoke then you will get dark lips and you cannot blame anyone for that. You need to ditch the nicotine if you want lighter lips. If you already have darkened your lips by smoking cigarettes then you can try homemade scrubs to get rid of it slowly but at the same time you should not start your smoking again.
See More: Beauty Tips For Neck
2. Scrubs Care For Lips:
Lips need scrubbing too. The dead and decaying lip skin cells should be scrubbed on a regular basis and this will help you keep your lips soft and smooth. This is especially important if you have dark lip color. You can try homemade honey lemon sugar scrub or you can try scrubbing your lips with a moistened toothbrush and some lip balm. All these work well and you need to do these on a follow up basis to get softer lips.
3. Keep Your Lips Chap Free:
The only way that you can keep your lips chap free is to keep it moisturized. To keep your lips moisturized, you need to invest in a good lip balm which contains jojoba oil, Shea butter and olive oil. All these are good for keeping the skin of the lips soft. You can also try using almond oil and jojoba oil on your lips before going to bed at night and this will also penetrate deep into your lips’ skin and give you softer and moisturized lips with regular follow up. This is one of the best and simple lip care tips.
4. Drink Lots Of Water:
Water helps to keep the body hydrated. This also helps keep your lips moisturized naturally and keeps them from getting dry or chapped. Plenty of water is most useful lip car tip.
5. Intake Less Caffeine:
The less you drink tea or coffee the lesser your lips will get dark. It is not good to totally avoid drinking these because these do provide antioxidant boost to the body. However, you should always consume tea or coffee in fewer amounts. This helps you to boost the antioxidant, keep you fresh but also not darken the lips. If you drink too much of tea or coffee not just your lips but also your teeth will get stained over time. This is one of the other simplest beauty tips for lip care.
6. Lessen Sun Exposure:
The UVA and UVB Rays can darken your lips. It is best to avoid as much exposure to the sun as possible if you are not using any lip balm which comes with an SPF Shield. These days you get UVA and UVB sun shield lip balms. You can invest in one of those if you have darker lips.
See More: Tips For Dry Lips
7. Lessen Use Of Cosmetics:
You need to cut down on the use of dark lipstick colors. Darker lipsticks make your skin darker. So if you apply these too much on your lips then overtime, your lips will become dark as well. This simple lip car beauty tip will keep you happy with lustrous lips.
8. Use Natural Oils To Remove Lip Makeup:
You can remove your makeup from your lips by using some natural and herbal oils. Instead of using any makeup remover, you can cleanse your lipstick from your lips using almond or jojoba oil. This will soften your lips and also keep your lips lighter in color. It is one of the most useful beauty tips for lips care.
9. Don’t Bite Your Lips:
Some people have the habit of biting their lips. It actually makes your lips more chapped and dehydrated. This is something we usually do when we feel that our lips are feeling dry. You should use a lip balm for all those times instead of trying to bite your lips or sucking them to hydrate them with your saliva.
10. Healthy Diet:
A good nutrient rich diet helps you keep your lips in good condition. Lots of fruits, fresh leafy vegetables and proteins should be included in one’s diet and this will give you good skin from within. Healthy diet is one out of the most helpful lip care beauty tips.
11. Stay Away From Chlorinated Water:
Chlorinated water can make your lips darker in color. You should only drink water from a water purifier which gets rid of chlorinated water to a maximum possible extent.
12. Apply Natural Lip Moisturizers:
You can apply natural lip moisturizers like those made by mixing a tbsp of honey and jojoba oil. You can also use a mixture of almond oil and jojoba oil. You can try permutations and combinations of these ingredients and you can also add a little bit of Shea butter to it. This should be applied every day before going to bed. Proper follow up can lead to softer lips and your darker lip color will become lighter over time.
13. Lighten Lips With Natural Bleach:
Good natural bleach is the lemon juice. You can apply this to your lips after scrubbing them a bit. Lemon juice can also hurt your lips and you will feel the tingling sensation or the burning sensation when you apply this on cracked lips. Make sure you don’t scrub your lips too much otherwise applying lemon juice can be a painful. You can also apply cucumber juice to your lips or tomato juice. These don’t hurt or burn your lips even if they are chapped or cracked. You can also use sour curd on your lips by taking a bit of it on a cotton ball.
See More: Homemade Beauty Tips
A concealer can help your lips get a lighter shade and it can also help you smoothen out any uneven cracked surface of your lips. You can apply a bit of concealer on your lips before applying lipstick. This is very effective lip care tip for beautifying your lips and which is very simple to follow also.
15. Nude Pencil:
If you have thin lips, you can try a makeup trick which can make your lips look fuller. Go for a nude or skin tone lip pencil and line your lips. Now use normal lip color pencil and line outside this skin tone line. This will make your lips fuller if they are thin.
Daily exfoliation is a necessity to maintain the beauty of your lips. A little amount of Vaseline or any petroleum jelly can be used on the lips daily and is one of the easiest lip care tips that can be followed without any hassle.
17. Some Other Natural Remedies:
Application of almond oil on your lips just before going to bed lightens the lips, and as a result the discoloration is reduced providing natural beauty to the lips. A mixture of lemon/lime juice or cucumber juice can also be used for the same purpose.
18. Stay Away From Dark Colors:
In order to avoid pigmented lips, one should avoid dark and pigmented lipsticks as they fade away the natural pinkness of the lips. Soft colors should be used, and special care should be taken about the brand that is being used, as the lipsticks may contain harmful chemicals which may damage the lips forever.
19. Rose Petals For Soft Pink Lips:
This is one of the many homemade beauty tips for lips. Add a little honey to some crushed rose petals. Some milk can also be added in case the lips are pigmented. Apply this mixture for 10-15 minutes on your lips. Later wipe it with a damp cotton swab and apply lip balm to maintain the moisture content of the lips. The regular use of this is extremely beneficial to maintain the pinkish tint and softness of your lips.
20. Use Pomegranate Seeds And Milk Cream:
If you want to be free of those shady lips to get pink good-looping ones, then no remedy can be better than pomegranate seeds. Mash the pomegranate seeds and prepare a suspension with milk cream. If you apply this on your lips on a regular basis, results will be visible within no time.Moreover there are no side effects as it is one of the natural beauty tips for lips.
21. Remove Makeup Before Sleeping:
Another big reason that many have tedious lips that they don’t remove their makeup before going to bed. Rubbing your lips with olive oil or almond oil right before going to sleep can help you get natural glowing pink lips.
Your lips are one of the most visible features about your body. Follow these really hassle-free tips to retain that youthful pinkness and the softness of your lips forever.