- 11 Mediterranean Diet Recipes to Make in Your Instant Pot
- What is the Mediterranean diet?
- Benefits of the Mediterranean diet
- Mediterranean Diet Food List
- Italian Fish With Tomatoes, Capers & Olives (From Frozen)
- Instant Pot Chickpeas With Salsa Verde
- Instant Pot Pasta With Ricotta, Lemon & Spinach
- BRAISED CHICKEN SCARPARIELLO
- Mediterranean Horta Greens With Potatoes
- Tomato Barley Risotto With Marinated Feta
- Instant Pot Salmon With Broccoli
- INSTANT POT VEGAN BOLOGNESE
- Instant Pot Turkish Lentil Stew/Soup
- Instant Pot Broccoli Soup With Gremolata
- Green Vegetables Risotto (Dairy-Free)
- One-Pot Greek Black Eyed Peas
- Italian Beef Shanks With White Beans
- Asparagus With Lemon, Pepper & Olive Oil
- Italian Farmhouse Soup (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
- Instant Pot Spinach Mushroom Frittata
- Instant Pot Baked Beans
- Steel-Cut Oats With Almonds & Cranberries
- Instant Pot Quinoa Breakfast Porridge
- Instant Pot Greek Yoghurt
- Instant Pot Chocolate, Orange & Olive Oil Mini Lava Cake
- Instant Pot Poached Pear With Blackberries (No Added Sugar)
- Instant Pot Apple Crisp (With Greek Yoghurt)
- mediterranean diet pressure cooker recipes
- 7 Mediterranean Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Fasolakia (Green Beans and Potatoes in Olive Oil)
- Instant Pot Horta and Potatoes
- Instant Pot Moroccan Chicken Tagine with Green Olives, Peppers, and Lemon
- Instant Pot Beef Stew with Sage and Red wine (Italy)
- Instant Pot Chicken with Lemony Mustard Greens and Olives
- Instant Pot Green Beans with Pork and Potatoes
- Instant Pot Black Eyed Peas with Fresh Dill and Parsley
- Purchasing an Instant Pot
- Products from Amazon.com
- Instant Pot Mediterranean Greek Shredded Chicken and Brown Rice Bowl
11 Mediterranean Diet Recipes to Make in Your Instant Pot
Want a quick and easy way to make good-for-you recipes? Well, here’s how you can easily combine the healthful eating guidelines of the Mediterranean diet with the time-saving convenience of a multi-cooker. To get you started, I’ll share a quick overview of the Mediterranean diet plus easy recipes you can make in your Instant Pot or pressure cooker.
Quick Q&A on the Mediterranean Diet
What is the Mediterranean diet? This popular healthy eating plan emphasizes whole foods, fresh vegetables and fruits, whole grains, healthy fats such as olive oil and avocado, and proteins such as chicken, seafood, nuts, beans, and legumes. In addition, you’ll cut back on added sugars and processed foods, and eat dairy in moderation. You’ll also cut back on added salt by using fresh and dried herbs to flavor your food instead.
What are the health benefits of the Mediterranean diet? According to the Mayo Clinic, following this eating style can result in a longer life expectancy and lower rates of chronic diseases. In fact, it’s been consistently ranked among the best diets overall.
Do I have to eat only Mediterranean food on the Mediterranean diet? Not at all. There are many international cuisines that happen to fall within the guidelines, including Asian and Mexican food. Just be sure you make healthy ingredient choices, such as chicken or seafood instead of pork or red meat, olive oil instead of coconut oil or lard, low-sodium broths, and more herbs instead of added salt.
See our entire collection of Mediterranean diet recipes.
Mediterranean Diet Recipes You Can Make In Your Instant Pot
1. Instant Pot® Yardbird Chili with White Beans
“I’ve made this recipe twice in the last month and we just love it! The Instant Pot makes it so easy. The only change I made the second time around was to cut the beans back by half a cup (this seemed to make the bean consistency less tough), increased the broth by a quarter cup and used a mixture of chicken breast and thighs. The flavor of this is amazing and it’s just so hearty and perfect for chilly weather days!” — Heidi Nelson Thomas
Image zoom Photo by bd.weld
2. Instant Pot® Chicken Cacciatore
To keep this easy recipe more in line with the Mediterranean diet, you can reduce the salt by cutting back on the bouillon cubes and bumping up the herbs. “Flavors meld together like they’ve been simmering all day in a fraction of the time. A couple of small changes: I season the chicken prior to sauteeing. Instead of chicken bouillon cubes, I started using Better Than Bouillon Chicken Base as it contains much less salt and seems to have more flavor.” — kirby1kat
VIDEO: Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore
3. Instant Pot® Vegan Cabbage Detox Soup
“I loved it! Super tasty, I did not change anything, and it was perfect! I was worried about not putting salt into it, but it was great as is!” — Ildo76
Image zoom Photo by Fioa
4. Instant Pot® Frozen Salmon
Mediterranean diet guidelines suggest you eat fish twice a week. With this easy recipe, you’ll be able to stock up and freeze salmon when it’s on sale, and cook it easily from frozen. “Salmon doesn’t get much easier than this! This turned out so moist and I like how it can be seasoned to individual preference.” — thedailygourmet
Image zoom Photo by Tracey Ferrari Posner
5. Instant Pot® Lemon Rotisserie Chicken
Be sure to choose low-sodium chicken broth for this easy recipe. While the skin might not be as crispy as what you’ll get with an oven-roasted chicken, you’ll still end up with plenty of tender chicken meat to use in recipes using rotisserie chicken.
Image zoom Photo by Fioa
6. Red Lentil and Yellow Split Pea Soup Made with a Pressure Cooker
“Tried it with my pressure cooker and it was delicious. I also added 1/2 tsp of curry and a couple handfuls of frozen kale. We ate it over some brown rice and even my 6-yr-old loved it!” — yocook
Image zoom Photo by Buckwheat Queen
7. Instant Pot® Chicken Posole Verde
“You can have posole without having to stand over the stove for hours. Let your multi-functional pressure cooker do the work for you. Garnish with avocado slices, lime wedges, sliced radish, jalapeno slices, and/or tortilla strips.” — Soup Loving Nicole (May we suggest baked tortilla chips instead of fried?)
Image zoom Photo by Soup Loving Nicole
8. Instant Pot® Greek Chicken
“I made it pretty much ‘as is’ other than I kept the olives whole and roughly chopped the onion. Delicious! I’ll make it again.” — Judy Good
Image zoom Photo by Festively Southern
9. Makhani Daal (Buttery Lentils)
“My first thought was maybe I should cut back on the spices cuz it seemed so much, but I am certainly glad I did not! Followed recipe & since I eat dairy free diet, used vegan butter & left out yogurt & this recipe is amazing! I’d give it 10 stars if I could … just that awesome!!” — CCCooks
Image zoom Photo by Buckwheat Queen
10. Instant Pot® Spicy Black Bean Soup (Vegan)
“You don’t have to soak beans when using an electric pressure cooker. Adjust the spices to your liking in this healthier, easy-to-make black bean soup that freezes well.” — bd.weld
Image zoom Photo by bd.weld
11. Instant Pot® Spanish Chicken and Rice
“This delicious arroz-con-pollo-esque dish is so easy to make with the Instant Pot,” says Diana71. “Colorful, appetizing, and nourishing, this meal comes together in a flash and is chock full of flavor! I hope it becomes your next favorite weeknight meal. Squeeze lime or lemon wedges over if you like!”
Image zoom Photo by Diana71
See our collections of Instant Pot recipes and pressure cooker recipes.
A Mediterranean diet is a way of eating that is inspired by the people of the Mediterranean region who focus on generous portions of fresh produce, whole grains, and legumes, some healthful fats, and fish. In today’s post, we are featuring Instant Pot Mediterranean Diet recipes based on these ingredients and principles.
What is the Mediterranean diet?
A Mediterranean diet means eating in the way that the people in the Mediterranean region traditionally ate. It is rooted in the coastal cuisines of countries such as Greece, Spain, Italy, France, and northern Africa. Since there are many countries around the Mediterranean sea and people in different areas may have eaten different foods, there is no one right way to follow the Mediterranean diet. It puts a higher focus on plant foods than many other diets. Generous portions of fresh produce, whole grains, and legumes to make up all or most of a meal, as well as some healthful fats and fish.
Interest in the Mediterranean diet began in the 1960s with the observation that coronary heart disease caused fewer deaths in Mediterranean countries, compared to the U.S. and northern Europe. More than half of the calories from fat come from monounsaturated fats, such as olive oil, therefore the diet may not be right for people who need to limit their fat intake.
Benefits of the Mediterranean diet
Mediterranean diet is good for your heart, your brain, stabilizes blood sugar, helps with depression and anxiety. It can cause weight loss, help prevent heart attacks, strokes, type 2 diabetes, reduce the risk of Parkinson’s disease, reduces the risk of cancer, reduces the risk of Alzheimer’s, and premature death. Help Guide: The Mediterranean Diet
Mediterranean Diet Food List
- Eat plenty of: Vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, legumes, potatoes, whole grains, bread, herbs, spices, fish, seafood and extra virgin olive oil.
- Eat in moderation: Poultry, eggs, cheese, and yoghurt.
- Eat only rarely: Red meat. Lamb and roasts are eaten on more special occasions such as weekends or family gatherings.
- Don’t eat: Sugar-sweetened beverages, added sugars, processed meat, refined grains, refined oils, and other highly processed foods.
What to put on your Mediterranean grocery list:
What to Drink
- Wine only in moderation (around 1 glass per day).
- Coffee and tea are acceptable but avoid sugar-sweetened beverages and fruit juices, which are very high in sugar.
- Added sugar: Soda, candies, ice cream, table sugar, and many others.
- Refined grains: White bread, pasta made with refined wheat, etc.
- Trans fats: Found in margarine and various processed foods.
- Refined oils: Soybean oil, canola oil, cottonseed oil, and others.
- Processed meat: Processed sausages, hot dogs, etc.
- Highly processed foods: Anything labelled “low-fat” or “diet” or which looks like it was made in a factory.
More information on the Mediterranean Diet:
Mediterranean Diet 101: A Meal Plan and Beginner’s Guide
12 Reasons to Love the Mediterranean Diet
Italian Fish With Tomatoes, Capers & Olives (From Frozen)
The frozen fish is cooked in the Instant Pot in Italian broth flavored with classic Mediterranean ingredients: olives, garlic, capers, tomatoes, and healthy olive oil. The flavors are tangy and savory with a little sweetness from cherry tomatoes, and it infuses the fish while it braises in the broth. It’s a dump-n-cook recipe that is fantastic even for Instant Pot beginners. This dish is gluten-free, paleo, low-carb and Whole30 diets.
Instant Pot Chickpeas With Salsa Verde
Whether you like them in salads, hummus, stews or soups, cooking chickpeas in Instant Pot is super convenient and affordable. Using dried chickpeas (garbanzo beans), you can pressure-cook them much quicker than using the stove. This dish is gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan-friendly. Enjoy!
Instant Pot Pasta With Ricotta, Lemon & Spinach
This Instant Pot pasta with ricotta, lemon and spinach is the kind of nutritious Italian dish that you can easily enjoy as part of a balanced, healthy diet. It’s got a lot of protein as well as carbohydrates, healthy fats, vitamins and minerals in an easy and fast to prepare a one-pot dish that the whole family will enjoy.
BRAISED CHICKEN SCARPARIELLO
This Instant Pot chicken scarpariello recipe is a pressure cooker version of the American-Italian classic dish made with poultry and sweet and sour sauce of pickled roasted red peppers and rosemary. This sensational dish can be served over your favourite pasta, polenta, rice or vegetables.
Mediterranean Horta Greens With Potatoes
Horta and potatoes are a perfect example of why scientists believe the Mediterranean diet and lifestyle is so intertwined with longevity. Combine these greens, potatoes, and lemon with lots of fresh extra virgin olive oil and you have one of the healthiest, inexpensive, and fulfilling dishes from Crete. Recipe from Mediterranean Living.
Tomato Barley Risotto With Marinated Feta
This rich and hearty Instant Pot barley risotto comes with delicious Mediterranean flavors of tomatoes and thyme and is topped with fresh marinated feta. Its unison of bold flavors and unique textures will make you fall in love with pearl barley.
Instant Pot Salmon With Broccoli
Salmon is an excellent source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids, and it comes to perfection in just minutes in the Instant Pot. Because the broccoli cooks even faster than the fish, you add it at the very end of the cooking process to ensure it doesn’t turn to mush.
INSTANT POT VEGAN BOLOGNESE
If you love homemade Italian cuisine, you must try this vegan bolognese recipe. This meat-free version is made with red lentils and mushrooms, pressure cooked in a gorgeous, rich tomato sauce. You’ll be surprised by how satiating and hearty this dish is, making it a worthy rival to its traditional meaty cousin.
Instant Pot Turkish Lentil Stew/Soup
Adapted from a classic Turkish lentil soup, also known as Mercimek Çorbası. It’s a simple, rich and nutritious soup that is full of warm, aromatic spices. This vegan and gluten-free friendly stew is very healthy and has veggies like yellow split peas, carrots, celery, onions, and tinned tomatoes. Split peas or lentils are a great source for plant-based protein and to make this meal into a complete protein with all amino acids.
Instant Pot Broccoli Soup With Gremolata
This quick and easy Instant Pot broccoli soup is served with an aromatic and zesty gremolata made of parsley and lemon zest on top to give it an added Mediterranean twist. The Italian gremolata recipe often contains chopped anchovies. Rich in Vitamin C, potassium and antioxidants, it’s a great meal for cooler weather and to boost your immune system. It’s vegan, gluten-free and Whole30 friendly.
Green Vegetables Risotto (Dairy-Free)
Risotto made without butter or cheese? Our Instant Pot vegan risotto is loaded with green vegetables like kale, green beans, and zucchini and is topped with fried garlic for amazing aroma and flavor. Make this gluten-free, plant-based risotto recipe and enjoy a meatless dinner that is filling and nutritious.
One-Pot Greek Black Eyed Peas
This is the classic way black-eyed peas are prepared in Greece: stewed with onion, tomato, and herbs until thick. This One Pot Greek Black-Eyed Pea dish is hearty and good. 1 cup of cooked black-eyed peas contains about 220 calories, 15 grams of protein and 11 grams of fiber. Perfect food for those wanting to lose weight, maintain balanced blood sugar levels and feel full and satisfied. It is often combined with spinach or other greens. Recipe from Olive Tomato.
Italian Beef Shanks With White Beans
Bring a little Tuscany into your kitchen with these succulent Instant Pot lamb shanks served over soft white beans and tomatoes. This is a grain-free, dairy-free and one-pot friendly dish that will delight the whole family.
Asparagus With Lemon, Pepper & Olive Oil
Asparagus is such a lovely vegetable: it’s tasty, looks beautiful and is very nutritious. As well as being high in vitamin K (great for bone health), vitamins E and C (powerful antioxidants), folic acid (essential for healthy pregnancies) and iron, asparagus is low in calories and high in fiber, making it great for weight loss and managing blood sugar levels and it helps to balance your hormones.
Italian Farmhouse Soup (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
Focused on accessible, nutrient-dense vegetables but doesn’t skimp on the flavor with savory mushrooms, lots of garlic and herbs, this meal is bursting with tasty goodness. Vegan and gluten-free, this detox-friendly Instant Pot vegetable soup is hearty, light and low in calories (under 200 calories per serving).
Instant Pot Spinach Mushroom Frittata
The perfect solution to recycle your leftovers! For breakfast, as a snack, into a sandwich or as a simple and light meal: frittata is very versatile and it can be enriched with plenty of other ingredients (cheese, veggies, cold cuts, legumes, etc.). Recipe from Corrie Cooks.
Instant Pot Baked Beans
These incredible Instant Pot baked beans have a secret ingredient or two, they are vegan and gluten-free and perfect for meal prepping on the weekend. Enjoy these for breakfast, lunch or as a side dish. Recipe from Instant Pot Eats.
Steel-Cut Oats With Almonds & Cranberries
Wake up to creamy Instant Pot steel-cut oats with cranberries and almonds in the morning. It is the perfect simple portion-sized breakfast to enjoy for two. This guest recipe is from The Ultimate Instant Pot Cookbook For Two by Janet A. Zimmerman.Recipe from Instant Pot Eats.
Instant Pot Quinoa Breakfast Porridge
This soaked Instant Pot Quinoa Breakfast Porridge is a gluten-free, grain-free dairy-free breakfast that’s easy, digestible, and has just 4 ingredients! Top it with extra dairy-free milk, butter or ghee, and fun things like nuts or seeds, chocolate chips, and raisins! Recipe from All The Nourishing Things.
Instant Pot Greek Yoghurt
Delicious greek yogurt made using the Instant Pot Duo and Lux. This simple method means 12 jars (1/2 pint) homemade yogurt overnight for under $5, where you control the thickness, the sugar, the flavor, and more. Recipe from Easy Peasy Mealz.
Instant Pot Chocolate, Orange & Olive Oil Mini Lava Cake
This is no ordinary chocolate lava cake. Olive oil lends to superior moisture that only improves over time as it sits. Plus it is Infused with a citrus flavor that makes it stand out. Recipe from Instant Pot Official.
Instant Pot Poached Pear With Blackberries (No Added Sugar)
Have you ever had a poached pear? Poach means to gently simmer something in a liquid. It’s a great way to infuse a specific food with flavor. Instant Pot Poached Pears are the easiest, most heartwarming dessert you will ever make! Serve them as a dessert topped with ice cream or as a salad with a tangy vinaigrette. Recipe from Tidbits.
Instant Pot Apple Crisp (With Greek Yoghurt)
Tender apples with lots of sweet topping all cooked together in one pot. Pressure cooker apple crisp doesn’t get crisp like in the oven, it is a little firm. But if you place it under the broiler for just a few minutes, it will crisp up on the outside, leaving delicious, sweet apple filling underneath! Top off with vanilla ice cream and maybe even some whipped cream. Recipe Simply Happy Foodie.
SAVE THESE MEDITERRANEAN RECIPES TO PINTEREST
mediterranean diet pressure cooker recipes
- SPICY & FRESH: North African-Inspired Lentil and Spinach Soup
- Silky Beef and Porcini Mushroom Stew – Pressure Cooker Recipe
- LOVE IT! Crema Catalana – Spain’s Creme Brulee
- 30 Thanksgiving Pressure Cooker Recipe Ideas
- Beer Can Chicken – pressure cooked WHOLE!
- Recipe Roundup: Thanksgiving Under Pressure
- Pressure Cooker Tip: Sling it to lift it!
- Pressure Cooker Accessory: Heat-Proof Containers
- Pressure Cooker Pulled Pork Lettuce Wraps!
- Pressure Cooker Accessory: Steamer Basket
- Pressure Cooker Accessory: Trivets and Racks
- TASTY! Holiday Pressure Cooker Recipes
- Recording of Martha Stewart Radio Interview with hip founder
- Free San Francisco Bay demos lure cooks to the pressure cooker
- The Stinking Rose – perfectly roasted garlic in 20 minutes!
- Hot Tamales!! Mexican Pressure Cooker Recipes
- Arroz – Spanish Rice: Mexican Pressure Cooker Recipes
- How gas, induction and electric cooktops affect pressure cooking
- Chocoflan – The Mexican Impossible Cake!
- Coming Soon: Hot Tamales (and more) from your pressure cooker!
- Whole Beets: White Beet and Garlic Saute’
- Pressure Cooker Tip: Taming Leafy Greens!
- Make a Super-Fast Lemon Marmalade under pressure
- Turn Tough Meat into Jelly: Italian Boiled Beef with Rustic Green Sauce
- Braisen! Pressure Cooked Artichoke, Pancetta and Egg Sauce
- 10 HOTTEST Pressure Cooker Recipes of 2011 …and why they’re sooo special!
- Peasant Fare: Pressure Cooker Ligurian Bean Stew
- Ooooh: Roast Potatoes – from the pressure cooker!
- JA! Beer Braised Cabbage with Bacon – Kohl mit Bier und Speck
- Our Pressure Cooker Reviews
- Cranberry Braised Turkey Wings – Pressure Cooker Recipe
- Pressure Cooker Recipe Collections: Holiday Meals
- T3: Tomato, Tomato, Tomato Soup!
- How to convert a recipe to the pressure cooker
- 5 Amazing Pressure Cooker Veggie Tips & Tricks!
- Creamy & Dreamy: Chestnut Soup (Potage di Marroni)
- Pressure Cooker Mac & Cheese Italian Style!
- Pressure Cooker Pasta with Spinach Pesto – Casarecce ai Spinaci
- Spicy Pressure Cooked Pasta Butterflies
- Better pressure cooker pasta – a new recipe series!
- Babotie – South African Mince Meat Pie
- Prosciutto-wrapped Asparagus Canes
- Pressure Cooker Book Review: The New Fast Food
- Pressure Cooker Moroccan Lamb Tajine
- Reader Recipes: Kristine’s Boston “Baked Beans” Pressure Cooked in an hour!
- SNAZZY! French “Baked” Eggs
- Astrid’s Chicken and Wild Rice Pressure Cooker Soup – Reader Recipe
- Marbled Chinese Tea Eggs – Faster!
- Ximena’s Arroz Caldoso Spanish Risotto – Reader Recipe
- Eggs Papin- Poached Eggs in bell pepper cup!
- Chocolate, Orange & Olive Oil Mini Lava Cake
- Modern Venice: Perfectly steamed mussels (Cozze Serenissime)
- Surprising Side: Milk-poached Fennel
- Easy and Chic: Pressure Cooker Creme Caramel!
- COZY! Pressure Cooker Chikpea Minestrone
- JL’s Pressure Cooker Farro & Beans in Collard Green Wraps – Reader Recipes
- Hip Shopping: New Digital & Multi-Timers!
- Mashed Potatoes – Lesson 1 – Boiling and Maximum Capacity
- Amazing Caramelized Apple Crumb Cake – Lesson 8 – Bain Marie or Water Bath
- Naked, Steamy Carrot Flowers – Lesson 2 – Steaming, High & Low Pressures
- How to make stock with a pressure cooker
- Veggie Queen’s 5-minute Vegetable Stock – Reader Recipes
- Braise and Glaze Under Pressure
- Quick-soaking Beans in the Pressure Cooker
- Surly Kitchen’s Pressure Cooker Refried Beans – Reader Recipe
- Brown, Deglaze and Reduce in the Pressure Cooker
- Arborio Rice Pudding with Mandarin Coins
- Pressure Cooker Fish in a Packet (Pesce al Cartoccio)
- Red, White, and Green Pressure Cooker Brussels Sprouts!
- Pressure Cooker Steamed and Fried Artichoke Blooms – yum!
- 5 Amazing Pressure Cooker Soup Tips & Tricks!
- Braised Quail on Fennel & Carrot Salad Nest Pressure Cooker Recipe
- Pressure Cooker Chestnut Truffles with Crunchy Hazelnut Center
- Spicy Cauliflower & Citrus Salad Pressure Cooker Recipe
- Gwen’s Pressure Cooker Santa Fe Style Enchiladas Verdes – Reader Recipe
- Turkey-On-A-Stick with Spicy Apricot Glaze or Sauce
- Cream of Butternut Squash & Ginger Soup – pressure cooker recipe
- 15 Minute New England Clam Chowder
- John’s Pressure Cooker Beef Chili Colorado – Reader Recipe
- Limoncello Ricotta Cheesecake-in-a-jar
- Laurie’s Pressure Cooker Eggnog Cheesecake – Reader Recipe
- Ayeesha’s Pressure Cooker Turkish Soup – Reader Recipe
- Cauliflower and Fennel Velouté with Gorgonzola Garnish
- Lina’s Pressure Cooker Turkey Rolle’ – Reader Recipe
- Evas’ Bright Yellow, Red Lentil Pressure Cooker Soup – Reader Recipe
- Maple-Glazed Pressure Cooker Carrots
- Mini Meatball Broth – pressure cooker one pot meal
- Pressure Cooker Recipe: Drunken Peas in a Pressure Cooker Pot
- Mushroom & Gorgonzola Pressure Cooker Polenta Lasagna
- Traditional Bolognese Sauce in Half The Time
- Coniglio alla Cacciatora – A Sustainable Stew from your pressure cooker!
- Hip Facebook and Hip Twitter
- Pressure Cooker Recipe: Naughty Onions Stuffed With Potatoes!
- Pressure Cooked Sweet & Sour Pearl Onion Antipasto
- Luisa’s Roast Beef with Mushrooms – Reader Recipes
- Fruit Clafoutis – When You Don’t Have a Bowl of Cherries
- Red Wine Stewed Pears – Fruity & Sweet!
- WATCH OUT!! Stinging Nettle Soup (Zuppa di Ortiche)
- Lina’s Giant Meatball with Porcini Cream Sauce – Reader Recipes
- Pressure Cooker Accessory: Glass Lid
7 Mediterranean Instant Pot Recipes
Ever since acquiring an Instant Pot Cooker, Bill and I have been testing out lots of new and old recipes in this amazing cooking vessel. We have realized that many of the one-pot Mediterranean recipes we’ve been eating for a long time work perfectly to make healthy instant pot recipes that are easy and quick. Once you learn how to use the Instant Pot correctly, you can have a healthy Mediterranean meal on the table in no time. The meat comes out tender and the vegetables cooked all the way through. The Instant Pot also does a great job of creating sauces and broths that are perfect for mopping up with good crusty bread. If you don’t have an Instant Pot yet, what are you waiting for? It will change the way you cook and will save you so much precious time. Enjoy these recipes and share them with your friends and family!
Instant Pot Fasolakia (Green Beans and Potatoes in Olive Oil)
Beans are huge in the Mediterranean Diet. Fasolakia is a very traditional Greek dish in the “ladera” family. “Ladera” are foods cooked in a lot of olive oil that are served warm or at room temperature. They are usually cheap to make but very filling and delicious. This is one of the best instant pot recipes i’ve tried.
Instant Pot Horta and Potatoes
This horta recipe has been one of our most popular recipes on Mediterranean Living for a long time and now the Instant Pot version is here! The normal version takes around an hour to cook. Horta (Greens) and potatoes in the instant pot takes only 15 minutes! The end result is amazingly the same.
Instant Pot Moroccan Chicken Tagine with Green Olives, Peppers, and Lemon
This Moroccan inspired dish is a fusion between a Mediterranean Diet recipe and the flavors of New England. I have cooked this for thousands of people in my workshops and many have told me that I should bottle the sauce. It is the perfect blend of sweet and tangy, combining honey, molasses and Dijon mustard with Moroccan spices. You can cook this on the stove top, a Dutch oven or in a crock pot, but here we use an instant pot which cuts the cooking time in half and the instant pot chicken comes out even more tender than other cooking methods.
Instant Pot Beef Stew with Sage and Red wine (Italy)
This Instant Pot beef stew is an adaption of an old traditional Italian recipe. The rich blend of beef, sage and red wine makes me think of a family eating in a rustic farmhouse. Like any good beef stew it is best served with bread to sop up the delicious juice. You can also serve with rice or egg noodles. I personally often eat this stew without any grain at all.
Instant Pot Chicken with Lemony Mustard Greens and Olives
The newest of my Instant Pot Chicken recipes! A few months ago I created a recipe using chicken thighs, mustard greens, and olives in the cast iron skillet. I thought this would be a perfect recipe to adapt for the Instant Pot. The reason I created the first recipe was because I wanted a recipe that would have people enjoying mustard greens.
Instant Pot Green Beans with Pork and Potatoes
This is a slow-cooker Mediterranean diet recipe adapted for the Instant Pot. The original version of Instant Pot Green Beans and Pork took at least 6 hours in the slow-cooker, but now you can make this recipe in 30 minutes or less! This is the perfect meal to make when you get home from work because your family will think you spent hours cooking. The pork cooks down to be fork tender. The potatoes, green beans, carrots, and celery cook all the way through but don’t get mushy. It tastes like it’s been cooking all day long.
Instant Pot Black Eyed Peas with Fresh Dill and Parsley
This recipe, by Koula Barydakis, has been on Mediterranean Living since 2013. It’s an absolute go-to recipe for us. Five years have gone by and we got our hands on an Instant Pot Cooker. Now this traditional recipe from Crete, that was already super simple to make, is even simpler!
Purchasing an Instant Pot
The Instant Pot we use is the 6 quart version. It is just right for recipes that serve 4 all the way up to 8 servings. For us, it seems to be the perfect size. Below is the one we purchased from Amazon. I highly recommend it!
Products from Amazon.com
Download our Free e-Book Today!
The 7-Day Mediterranean Diet Meal Plan with over a dozen Mediterranean Diet Recipes, resources and website links to help you master the Mediterranean Diet. 2K Shares
Instant Pot Mediterranean Greek Shredded Chicken and Brown Rice Bowl is a quick and easy pressure cooker recipe perfect for meal prep and weeknight dinners! This bowl includes fresh red pepper hummus, tzatziki sauce, and kalamata olives. The chicken breasts are seasoned with turmeric, thyme, and paprika.
Calories: 426 Fat: 17G Net Carbs: 42G Protein: 29G
A couple of weeks ago I spent the weekend in Washington DC. I was there for a concert festival. I had a great time and enjoyed a lot of great food while I was there. During my visit, I tried out a restaraunt, CAVA.
CAVA is a Mediterranean restaurant that kind of has a Chipotle feel. I say that because you order your chicken and rice bowls behind a counter and you can see all of the ingredients and toppings.
I ordered a fresh bowl and loaded it up with toppings like feta cheese, hummus, and tzatziki sauce. My goodness, the food was so good! I went back for another visit right before I boarded my plane to come back to KC.
I enjoyed the meals so much, that I came home to meal prep bowls for the week. I hopped off the plane and scurried to Trader Joe’s to get the ingredients to make my own bowls at home!
You can definitely make your own hummus at home if you prefer. I wanted this recipe to be as quick and easy as possible. So I purchased mine from Trader Joe’s.
Brown rice (not the instant stuff) usually takes 45 minutes or more to make stove-top. You can cut that time in half with the Instant Pot. What isn’t there to love about this machine!
As always, you can make this recipe without the Instant Pot by using a slow-cooker for the chicken (8 hours on Low or 4 hours on High) and by following the package stovetop instructions on the rice.
Pair this dish with Instant Pot Southern Green Beans, Air Fryer Garlic Green Beans, or Air Fryer Asparagus.
More Instant Pot Recipes:
Instant Pot Apple Pie Steel Cut Oats
Instant Pot Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup
Instant Pot Spinach and Sausage Egg Bites
Instant Pot Chicken, Seafood, and Sausage Gumbo
Instant Pot Baked Creamed Cheesy Corn with Ham
Instant Pot Green Bean Casserole
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup with Spinach
Instant Pot Caramel Apple Cider
Instant Pot Meatball Sliders
Instant Pot Pumpkin Spice Sweet Potato Soup
Instant Pot Homemade Cranberry Sauce
Instant Pot Starbucks Gingerbread Latte
Instant Pot Skinny Pumpkin Spice Latte
Instant Pot Low-Carb Pumpkin Spice Bread
Instant Pot Lasagna
Instant Pot Shrimp Risotto with Vegetables and Parmesan
Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
How to Make Hard Boiled Eggs Using the Instant Pot
Instant Pot Chicken and Spanish Rice (Arroz Con Pollo)
Instant Pot Cheesecake
Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Spaghetti Squash
Instant Pot Mongolian Beef
Instant Pot Steak Tacos
Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bowl with Quinoa
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Pasta
Have you tried to make hard-boiled eggs using your Instant Pot? This steamer from Amazon comes in HANDY!
You may also enjoy Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken.
I use Butcher Box chicken breasts in this recipe because it is 100% free-range organic.
I love the convenience of using Butcher Box’s subscription service. They don’t just provide free-range organic chicken. They also provide heritage breed pork, uncured nitrate-free bacon, grass fed beef, and 100% grass-fed steak!
Here is the kicker, you will receive $25 off your order and FREE bacon with your Butcher Box delivery. Click here to sign up and get hormone free meat delivered right to your doorstep!
Pin 5 from 4 votes
Instant Pot Mediterranean Greek Shredded Chicken and Brown Rice Bowl
Instant Pot Mediterranean Greek Shredded Chicken and Brown Rice Bowl is a quick and easy pressure cooker recipe perfect for meal prep and weeknight dinners! This bowl includes fresh red pepper hummus, tzatziki sauce, and kalamata olives. The chicken breasts are seasoned with turmeric, thyme, and paprika. Course dinner, lunch Cuisine American Keyword chicken and rice, greek, instant pot Prep Time 10 minutes Cook Time 32 minutes instant pot come to pressure 15 minutes Total Time 57 minutes Servings 4 Calories 426kcal Author Brandi Crawford
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups brown basmati rice
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper (If you prefer a kick)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons hummus I used Trader Joe’s
- 4 tablespoons tzatziki sauce
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 4 tablespoons feta cheese
- Season the chicken with the thyme, cumin, turmeric, paprika, red pepper, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Add the chicken to the pot with the chicken broth.
- Cook for 10 minutes on Manual > High-Pressure Cooking.
- When the Instant Pot beeps to indicate it is finished, allow the steam to release naturally for 10 minutes instead of quick release.
- Remove the chicken from the Instant Pot. Using a large knife and fork, shred the chicken.
- Rinse the brown rice with water in a large bowl. Drain the water from the rice.
- Add the rice to the Instant Pot with 2 1/2 cups of water.
- Cook for 22 minutes on Manual > High-Pressure Cooking.
- Allow the steam to release naturally for 10 minutes instead of quick release.
- Remove the rice from the pot.
- Create the rice bowls with equal amounts of rice, shredded chicken, olives, 1 tablespoon feta cheese, 1 tablespoon hummus, and 1 tablespoon tzatziki sauce.
I chose to cook the chicken first before the rice because once the rice is cooked, the Instant Pot will become sticky. This makes the process easier. You can make your own hummus using the following: 1 15oz can chickpeas 1 clove garlic 1/4 cup olive oil 1 teaspoon cumin 1/2 teaspoon paprika salt to taste Combine the ingredients in a food processor or blender. Blend until creamy. Recipe Tools Used in this RecipeAs an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition (displayed with net carbs)
Calories: 426kcal Do you struggle with staying consistent at meal prepping?If you get tired of your Meal Prep Meals by Day 2 our Big Boss Meal Prep Guide is for you! Need help planning keto friendly meals?Grab your 21 Day Keto Meal Plan here.! Need Keto Recipes for the Summer?Access our 21 Day Summer Meal Plan here! Looking for new ways to use your air fryer?Snag your 14 Day Air Fryer Meal Plan here! Tried this recipe? Mention @Stay_Snatched or tag #StaySnatched! The recipe instructions noted here are the property of Stay Snatched and subject to copyright. Please do not screenshot and share this recipe on social. Subscribe to our YouTube ChannelCheck out our YouTube Channel! Join our Air Fryer and Instant Pot Facebook GroupClick here to join our Facebook Group! Join our Keto Recipes Facebook GroupClick here to join our Facebook Group! Nutrition DataMacros are provided as a courtesy and should not be construed as a guarantee. This information is calculated using MyFitnessPal.com. To obtain the most accurate nutritional information in a given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator. You are solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information provided is accurate, complete, and useful.