2019 Update: Early access started July 11, 2019 — see all our Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 workwear picks here, including the best Nordstrom Anniversary Sale dresses under $100!
The below content is about the 2015 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale.
As I may have mentioned, the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is on right now, where they mark pieces from next season’s collections down for a limited time; after the sale ends prices go back up to normal until the end of the season. Right now it’s “early access” for card holders (and everyone gets double points, yay); the sale will open to the public on July 17. I did a roundup of some of my favorite picks for workwear yesterday — here are some of my favorite picks for shoes and bags from the sale. As noted yesterday, there are a ton of great boots for the weekend (even though it looks like the rag & bone booties sold out!) — a few I’m rounding up (pictures on Instagram) are from Børn, Ivanka Trump, Paul Green (which I always think of as a comfort brand, but these are adorable), and Aquatalia, which again I always think of as a comfort brand, but these have just the right rugged look that we’re seeing everywhere with skinny jeans.
- The Rockstud fascination may be ending, but I still love a good strappy flat, and these affordable, well-reviewed Halogen flats come in a zillion colors. They’re $59.90, available in sizes 4-12, medium and wide.
- These Bianca flats from Coach come in three colors and seem really well priced — they’re $99, but will go back up to $175 after the sale.
- Sam Edelman heels have gotten huge in recent seasons (everyone loves the Okala, which sadly is not part of the sale) — these leopard d’orsay pumps would be great as an unexpected neutral, particularly with bare legs in the fall. (Know your office though, obviously!) They’re $89.90.
- D’orsay flats are huge right now, particularly with the drapey pants that are everywhere. These Charles David shoes come in three colors, and look nice for $109.90.
- It’s a flat-heavy sale this year, what can I say? The black Cole Haan flats below (right next to their high-heeled sister) look fabulous — love the cutouts and the mix of materials. With the sale they come down to $129, but they’ll go back up to $198 on August 3.
- Another Cole Haan pick: these 3″ heels come in teal and black, and there’s another version that’s part of the sale that lacks cutouts and includes colorblocking. All of them look nice to me — they’re $159-$165, but will be $248 after the sale.
- I gave a shoutout to the amazing AGL wedges on CorporetteMoms this morning, but really AGL is best known for their super comfortable flats. These are now marked to $209 (they’ll go back to $330), and come in four colors, sizes 3.5 to 14.
- I’m bummed there isn’t more Stuart Weitzman in the sale, but these simple 3″ burgundy heels come in three colors, in three widths, sizes 4-12. They’re now $270 (will be $398 after the sale).
In terms of handbag notes for the weekend: I’m obsessed with this Halogen clutch for $57, and kind of excited to see the Elizabeth and James backpack sling I’ve been drooling over on sale in multiple colors. If you’re a fan of Longchamp’s classic nylon bags, the Pliage, there are a ton of those in the sale in colors as well as expandable versions. Some more fun picks for bags, pictured below…
- If you’re looking for an affordable tote, this vegan faux python tote is only $35 and looks lovely.
- Lots of this lovely blue from Brahmin in the sale — this wallet looks superb for $57.
- I love the texture to this quilted hobo from Vince Camuto, available in gray and black for $185.
- We’ve featured it here more times than I can count: the Minkoff Mab Tote is in the sale in multiple sizes and neutral colors for $175-$191.
- This MZ Wallace bag is a great size — big but not huge, with their much-loved nylon. It’s $250 now but will be $375 after the sale. Update 7/17: The exact bag pictured has sold out, but note that there are many MZ Wallace bags that are now being offered with a “gift with purchase” — spend $300 on MZ Wallace, and get a free all-purpose cosmetics bag valued at $75.)
- Come to mama… this bright orange hobo from Marc by Marc Jacobs is so much fun (and would go lovely with cobalt, don’t you think?) (yes, I am crazy). It’s $292 now, will be $398 after the sale.
- OOOOH. There are a lot of pieces from Michael Kors’s diffusion line in the sale, but this simple hobo is the real deal — great size. Currently $665, will be $995 after the sale ends. Available in four great neutral colors.
Ladies, any favorites you’ve ordered? I’ve already spent far too much on the sale this year…