- NordicTrack GX 2.7 Exercise Bike Review
- How does the Nordictrack GX 2.7 Exercise Bike Stack Up?
- NordicTrack GX 2.7 Upright Bike Review
- NordicTrack Gx 2.7 Bike Manual
- Page 2: Table Of Contents
- Page 3: Important Precautions
- Page 6: Before You Begin
- Page 7: Part Identification Chart
- Page 8: Assembly
- Page 14: How To Use The Exercise Bike
- Page 17: Features Of Console
- Page 22: To Use An Ifit Workout
- Page 24: Fcc Information
- Page 25: Maintenance And Troubleshooting
- Page 27: Exercise Guidelines
- Page 30: Part List
- Page 31: Exploded Drawing
- Page 32: Ordering Replacement Parts
- NordicTrack GX 2.7 U Upright Exercise Bike Review
- NordicTrack GX 2.7 U Upright Exercise Bike Features
- NordicTrack Gx 2.7 Exercise Bike
- Our Remarks
- NordicTrack Exercise Bike Review
- The Great:
NordicTrack GX 2.7 Exercise Bike Review
This is the entry level model in NordicTrack’s range of upright exercise bikes. The NordicTrack GX 2.7 exercise bike’s design is much the same as a regular bike with the pedals directly below you. You can sit or stand and pedal just as if you were cycling on the road.
The bike has 20 challenging programs consisting of 10 calorie workouts and 10 performance workouts. Additionally there are 20 digital resistance levels which can be selected from a button on the control console to help you burn more calories or tone up.
This exercise bike is iFIT compatible. Using Google Map technology the iFIT facility greatly enhances the workout experience. Train with Jillian Michaels, and receive workout downloads. This feature requires the iFIT module and a subscription to iFIT which is sold separately.
Other highlights include: Silent Magnetic Resistance braking, CardioGrip heart rate monitor, back-lit display, workout cooling fan and a sound system with iPOD / MP3 connectivity.
The machine is covered by a strong warranty which offers a lifetime warranty on the frame, 1 year on all parts and 1 year labor.
Here’s a list of the main features:
… adjustable console
The console on the bike can be adjusted to obtain the best viewing angle for the back-lit display and also adjust the air stream from the console mounted cooling fan.
… back lit display
The operating console on this exercise bike has a control panel incorporating a 5″ back-lit display. The screen has a wide viewing angle making it easy to keep an eye on all relevant workout data. The display provides information on the following parameters:
- CALORIES / HOUR
Additionally the user is able to monitor their progress on a visual, quarter-mile racetrack graphic.
… precision flywheel
An important component of any exercise bike is the flywheel. This model has a 15 lb., inertia enhanced flywheel that has been designed to give a silky smooth operation. This will benefit the user with a much more natural feel when pedalling.
… workout programs
The exercise bike has 20 built-in workout programs. Each workout has been designed by a Certified Personal Trainer in order to help you get the most out of your workout session. These 20 workouts consist of 10 calorie workouts and 10 performance workouts.
… magnetic braking
Silent Magnetic Resistance (SMR) braking is used on this model. This system offers a frictionless, resistance braking which is very smooth in operation and allows the user to adjust the intensity of their workout without having to break the continuity of their workout.
… one-touch resistance
This exercise bike makes it easier to burn calories and increase your muscle tone by allowing the user to increase or decrease the amount of resistance that is applied to the bike’s motion.
There are a total of 20 digital resistance levels which can be selected from the conveniently located buttons on the control panel.
… ergonomic pedals
This exercise bike is equipped with large pedals to fit any size of foot. These ergonomically designed pedals are also fitted with adjustable straps to hold your foot in place.
… adjustable seat
To ensure maximum comfort during your workout the bike is fitted with an over size, generously padded seat. The seat can be adjusted both up and down as well as forward and back to ensure the best possible seating position.
… heart rate monitor
The exercise bike is also equipped with a “CardioGrip” heart rate monitor. This helps you to make the most out of every workout by monitoring your heart rate with sensors that are built into the handlebars.
By monitoring your heart rate you can ensure that you’re always in the right training zone for your goals. This results in a more effective workout, burn more fat, and improve your cardiovascular health.
… iFIT compatible
This equipment is iFIT compatible. In essence this is a wireless connection between the internet and the exercise bike. The iFIT feature allows you to experience trails by using Google map technology.
The iFIT feature enables you to customize your own fitness program, receive automatic workout downloads, manage your profile online and even work out with Jillian Michaels!
It should be noted that this feature requires a home wireless internet connection, the iFIT module, and membership to iFIT which is sold separately.
… iPOD connection
The user can plug in their iPOD, or MP3 player, into the music port situated on the control panel and enjoy listening to their favorite music or an audio book title during your work out session.
… cooling fan
A vigorous workout session can leave you feeling hot and sticky, but this exercise bike provides an ideal solution with an integrated workout cooling fan.
The two speed console mounted fan is operated from a button on the control panel and by adjusting the angle of the console the air flow can be directed to where it’s needed, for the optimum cooling effect.
… warranty details
The NordicTrack GX 2.7 exercise bike is underpinned by a lifetime warranty on the frame, 2 years parts and 1 year labor.
- Upright Design
- 20 Workout Programs
- 20 Digital Resistance Levels
- One Touch Resistance Controls
- Adjustable Console Angle
- Adjustable Seat
- Ergonomic Pedals
- Back-Lit Display
- iFIT Compatible
- CardioGrip Heart Rate Monitor
- iPOD Compatible Music Port
- CoolAire Workout Fan
- Transport Wheels
- Footprint: 34.5″ L X 31.2″ W X 58″ H
- Max User Weight: 275 lbs
- Flywheel: 15 lbs
- Warranty: Frame (Lifetime)
Parts (1 yr)
Labor: (1 yr)
©2020 Treadmill Adviser
Disclosure Privacy Contact Disclaimer Sitemap
How does the Nordictrack GX 2.7 Exercise Bike Stack Up?
Please Note: The Nordictrack 2.7 has been discontinued. It has been upgraded to the new Nordictrack 4.4 Upright Bike with a larger console, upgraded flywheel and more resistance levels. of the 4.4 Upright Bike.
Nordictrack 2.7 Upright Bike
The GX 2.7 upright is one of Nordictrack’s most affordable upright models, coming in at a fantastic price under $600 with Free Shipping.
It comes with all of the bells and whistles that make Nordictrack bikes so popular – including iFit LIVE, one touch resistance, lots of resistance levels and bright, backlit console.
Plus they’ve also made the console adjustable – another bonus – so you can custom-adjust it to fit you.
Is it right for you? Here’s what you need to know:
Price: $699 + Free Shipping Here
Resistance Levels: 20
Workout Programs: 20
Heart Rate Hand Grips
Warranty: Lifetime Frame, 1 Year Parts and Warranty
Pros of the Nordictrack GX 2.7 Exercise Bike:
You can move and tilt the console into a position that suits you. With the console fan, this is a great way to make sure you’re getting a nice cooling breeze exactly where you want it (instead of bouncing off the top of your head like a lot of console fans tend to do).
This also makes it a great way to customize the bike to different family members.
15 lb Flywheel
With bikes, a heavier flywheel gives you a smoother feeling ride (especially during resistance transitions). The Nordictrack GX 2.7 comes with a 15 lb enhanced balanced flywheel.
While it’s not the heaviest one out there, this is still on the heavier side, especially at this price range. And it makes for a very smooth feeling ride.
20 Resistance Levels
This is quite a generous amount of resistance levels – so you don’t have to worry about topping out a few months after getting the bike. There are also one-touch resistance buttons on the console, so you can change the resistance with one button, instead of scrolling through your options.
Not all Nordictrack models come with iFit LIVE, so it’s a great feature here. With iFit LIVE you can download new workouts from the Internet to your bike, race against Facebook friends, track your fitness and nutrition online, set new fitness goals and more.
It’s a very popular technology that can turn a boring bike into your own personal fitness studio.
Bright, Blue Backlit Console
Nordictrack makes some of the best consoles out there right now. This console is bright and easy to read – I find that the numbers are larger than other brand consoles – which is really handy if you don’t like squinting at small type.
You can easily read your resistance, time, distance, pulse and calories burned. Plus you also view your progress on a visual, quarter-mile racetrack. There’s also an iPod jack and speakers to plug in your iPod or MP3 and play your favorite tunes.
20 Workout Programs
There are 20 built-in workouts with this bike – in addition to the iFit options. There are 10 calorie based and 10 performance based workouts that adjust the resistance and distance for you.
Cons of the Nordictrack GX 2.7 Upright:
So are there any drawbacks to this bike? Well, there are a few things you should be aware of.
For example, iFit LIVE does require you to purchase an iFit Module to attach it to your console (around $99 which you can get when you buy your bike direct from the manufacturer). You don’t need iFit to use the bike (or the built-in workouts or other features). But if you get bored easily and want a challenge, it might be worth the investment.
Also, the number of resistance levels (20) should be fine for most people – but if you are a seasoned cyclist, you may want more resistance levels for a higher challenge.
The Nordictrack GX 2.7 Exercise bike is a solid, well-rounded upright bike – affordable but still comfortable (adjustable seat up and down, back and forth along with an adjustable console).
The decent-sized flywheel gives you a smoother ride. And the 2-speed fan can be angled to cool your face (not the air above you). Plus it carries some great entertainment options to continually challenge you (iFit LIVE, 20 built-in workouts, iPod dock). You don’t usually find all these features in a bike at this price point.
While this isn’t a commercial grade bike, it’s still one of the best Nordictrack upright bikes coming in at a fantastic price.
Where to Buy and Save:
You can get the new Nordictrack GX 2.7 bike direct from the manufacturer. Plus, as of this writing you can also get Free Shipping to your home.
Nordictrack 2.7 Upright
NordicTrack GX 2.7 Upright Bike Review
The NordicTrack GX 2.7 Upright Bike includes a number of features that are beneficial to your health and fitness, such as 20 onboard workouts, iFit compatibility, and full adjustability.
But it’s not without its drawbacks. A lack of telemetry heart rate monitoring, water bottle holder, and fewer workout programs than the upgraded GX 4.2 Pro model could mean it makes more sense to extend your budget.
In this review we’ll be weighing up the benefits of the two bikes with comparisons of the features, workout programs, and console functions, to help you decide which is best for your own home workouts.
NordicTrack’s goal with the GX 2.7 was to create an affordable upright bike that delivers a wide range of workout options, while being fully adjustable to cater for a variety of user heights.
To achieve this they created a customizable riding position, with a seat that adjusts both horizontally and vertically, as well as including ergonomically designed pedals with adjustable foot straps.
The angle of the console can also be adjusted, which is a feature that’s missing from the higher priced GX 4.2 Pro upright bike.
This is built around a sturdy and stable frame that’s capable of supporting up to 275 lbs, with a 15 lb inertia-enhanced flywheel to create a more natural cycling motion.
To provide a challenge for different fitness levels, the NordicTrack GX 2.7 features 20 digital resistance levels, which use Silent Magnetic Resistance (SMR) to provide smoother transitions and a quieter cycle.
Having the oversized, cushioned seat also helps improve the comfort level during longer workouts, but you’re missing the water bottle holder that comes with the later GX 4.2 Pro model.
One final feature that emphasises this bikes adjustability is the levelling feet attached to the base stabilizers. These can be rotated individually to compensate for any slightly uneven surfaces, creating a stable base for your cycle.
NordicTrack GX 2.7 – Features Summary
- 20 Digital Resistance Levels
- CoolAire™ workout fan
- Adjustable Console Angle
- Ergonomic Pedals with Adjustable Straps
- Dual Grip CardioGrip™ Heart Rate Monitor
- 20 Onboard workouts
- iFit compatibility
- Horizontal and vertical seat adjustment
- 5″ Backlit LED screen
- 15 lb Flywheel
- 275 lb weight capacity
Despite being one of NordicTrack’s entry level exercise bikes, the GX 2.7 actually includes many of the features from the higher priced GX 4.2 Pro model.
You’re still getting the 5″ backlit LED screen which is large enough to display a variety of useful workout feedback, including time, distance, resistance level, number of calories burned, and heart rate.
You also have a ‘Speed’ metric, which indicates your pedalling speed in miles or kilometers per hour. This wasn’t something we noticed in our reviews of NordicTrack recumbent bikes, making it exclusive to their upright cycles.
In addition to the stats that track your performance, you also have a visual representation of a quarter mile running track. This doesn’t just show how many laps you’ve completed, but also how you are progressing around the current lap.
Watch films and listen to music via your tablet or iPod
In terms of entertainment options, you’re not getting the same HDTV screen and web-enabled console that you get with their Commercial treadmills. But you do still have a port that allows you to connect your iPod or MP3 player for listening to your favourite music.
Tablet support is also available, but only via a shelf that obstructs your vision of the console buttons and feedback if you actually use it for holding a tablet.
Although we have seen some exercise bikes with a tablet holder or screen on top of the console (ProForm 440 ES recumbent, Precor UBK 835, etc.), it’s not a feature we see as often as we would like.
Heart rate monitoring
If you like to keep track of your heart rate while you cycle, this is something that the NordicTrack GX 2.7 supports, but not via a chest strap (telemetry).
Having the CardioGrip™ touch sensors built into the handles is great, but only if you plan on maintaining the same grip position for the duration of your workout.
It’s highly likely that at some point you will want to change the fan speed, resistance level, workout program, or music volume, so we would have like to see a console that could receive signals from telemetry chest straps.
If this is a feature you’re interested in, we would recommend taking a look at the upgraded model (NordicTrack GX 4.2), which supports both touch and telemetry (chest strap) heart rate monitoring.
To help keep you cool during your workouts you also have a twin speed CoolAire™ workout fan. However, unlike the GX 4.2, you’re without a water bottle holder, making it more difficult to stay hydrated.
NordicTrack continue to uphold their reputation for designing intuitive consoles that are easy to use, with OneTouch controls. These make it easier to switch between the 20 digital resistance levels.
One final console feature worth mentioning is the fact that the console can be tilted. There’s a small hand wheel within easy reach of your seated position, which can be used to adjust the angle of the handlebars and console. This can help to reduce any stress placed on your lower back by encouraging a more upright posture.
Workout program selection
One of the best ways to stay motivated about future workouts is to have a variety of different programs to choose from.
Some days you might feel like more high intensity endurance workouts to build strength and muscle tone in your legs, while others you might want steady-state cardio for fat burning and improving muscle definition.
That’s why the NordicTrack GX 2.7 supports 20 onboard workouts, together with a variety of personalized routines that can be downloaded straight from iFit to the console.
But how does this stack up against other NordicTrack exercise bikes?
It’s similar to their GX 4.5 Recumbent Cycle, which has 24 onboard workouts and similar access to iFit, but falls short of the 30 onboard programs that come as standard on the NordicTrack GX 4.2 upright bike.
The 20 onboard workouts are tailored towards calorie burning and performance
This is to be expected for a bike that’s one of the more affordable in the series, and still gives you 10 calorie burning workouts, and 10 performance based workouts to choose from.
The onboard workouts are split into a series of segments, and have each been designed by a certified personal trainer, following a set profile of resistance settings.
You can adjust the preset resistance for any of these segments, but it will revert back to defaults when you progress to the next.
Don’t want to follow a set profile? The ‘Set-A-Goal’ programs let you set a target for the workout duration, number of calories burned, or distance cycled.
Unfortunately you’re missing any form of heart rate control program, but you can still keep track of your pulse on the display if you want to stay within a certain range.
Ease of assembly / maintenance required
One benefit of choosing an upright bike over larger equipment like elliptical trainers and treadmills is how easy the assembly is.
NordicTrack do an excellent job of pre-assembling the majority of parts, including the entire pedal crank and flywheel system, but there are a few steps you still need to follow.
But once you have the base stabilizers attached it’s just a case of attaching the saddle to the seat post and building the upright console support.
Attaching the upright is a little more difficult than on their recumbent bikes as it needs to be lowered down into the flywheel casing.
Each of the steps is clearly explained using a combination of written instructions, diagrams, and parts references, and the entire process shouldn’t take much longer than 45 minutes.
NordicTrack do offer a professional in-home assembly service for an additional charge, but this depends on your region and the equipment purchased.
To check if this is something that’s available in your area for the NordicTrack GX 2.7, it’s worth visiting their website or giving them a call.
Something that tends to differ quite a lot between NordicTrack fitness equipment is the transport options.
When we were reviewing their recumbent bikes we noticed that some models had transport wheels but no carry handle, while others had neither. So far the NordicTrack GX 5.0 is the only one of their recumbents we’ve seen to offer both the carry handle and transport wheels.
Their upright bikes seem to follow a similar pattern, with the GX 2.7 featuring both a carry handle and transport wheels, but the higher priced GX 4.2 Pro offering just the wheels.
This isn’t such a big deal with upright bikes as you can use the higher center of gravity to tilt the bike onto the wheels while holding onto the handles at the front, but it’s still nice having the carry handle as an option.
What’s covered by the warranty?
- Frame: Lifetime
- Parts: 1 year
- Labor: 1 year
Overall Review Rating
4 / 5
Despite being one of their entry level upright bikes, the NordicTrack GX 2.7 includes a workout collection that rivals bikes at a much higher price point, such as the B94 from Sole Fitness.
However, the B94 does have a couple more categories than the GX 2.7, with two custom created and two heart rate programs featuring alongside the six onboard workouts.
Unfortunately, although Sole have an excellent track record with their treadmills and ellipticals, they don’t have an online fitness tracking system like iFit.
As we mentioned in our review, iFit can be used to download personalized workouts, track your fitness and nutrition, and even combine workout data from indoor and outdoor workouts via their wearable tech.
It’s this ability to integrate into your daily routine that really sets the NordicTrack equipment apart in terms of fitness tracking and workout variation.
We wouldn’t hesitate to recommend the GX 2.7 to anyone that’s looking to improve their fitness and health from home, due to its overall build quality, warranty, adjustability, and being compatible iFit.
But if you’re on a tighter budget and want the same number of resistance levels and workout programs, you might want to check out the Nautilus U614. Just bear in mind that you’ll lose the backlit display, iFit, horizontal seat adjustment, lifetime frame warranty (10 years for the U614), and quick-select buttons for the workout navigation.
Product dimensions: 34.5″ (L) x 31.2″ (W) x 58″ (H) Weight capacity: 275 lbs
NordicTrack Gx 2.7 Bike Manual
- Page 1 Model No. 831.21913.0 Serial No. USER’S MANUAL Write the serial number in the space above for reference. Serial Number Decal (under frame) ACTIVATE YOUR WARRANTY To register your product and activate your warranty today, go to www.nordictrackservice.com/ registration. CUSTOMER CARE For service at any time, go to www.nordictrackservice.com.
Page 2: Table Of Contents
User weight must not exceed 275 pounds. This product should always be used on a level surface. This product is not intended for therapeutic use. Replace label if damaged, illegible, or removed. NORDICTRACK is a registered trademark of ICON IP, Inc.
Page 3: Important Precautions
IMPORTANT PRECAUTIONS WARNING: To reduce the risk of serious injury, read all important precautions and instructions in this manual and all warnings on your exercise bike before using your exercise bike. ICON assumes no responsibility for personal injury or property damage sustained by or through the use of this product.
- Page 5 STANDARD SERVICE PLANS…
Page 6: Before You Begin
BEFORE YOU BEGIN Thank you for selecting the revolutionary reading this manual, please see the front cover of this NORDICTRACK GX 2.7 exercise bike. Cycling is an manual. To help us assist you, note the product model ® effective exercise for increasing cardiovascular fitness, number and serial number before contacting us.
Page 7: Part Identification Chart
PART IDENTIFICATION CHART Use the drawings below to identify the small parts needed for assembly. The number in parentheses below each drawing is the key number of the part, from the PART LIST near the end of this manual. The number following the key number is the quantity needed for assembly.
Page 8: Assembly
ASSEMBLY • Assembly requires two persons. • In addition to the included tool(s), assembly requires the following tools: • Place all parts in a cleared area and remove the one Phillips screwdriver packing materials. Do not dispose of the packing materials until you …
- Page 9 3. Remove and discard the shipping screws and the shipping tube (not shown) on the front of the Frame (50), if necessary. Set a sturdy piece of packing material under the front of the Frame (50). Attach the Front Stabilizer (63) to the Frame (50) with two M8 x 70mm Screws (46).
- Page 10 6. Tip: Avoid pinching the Main Wire Harness (25). Orient the Upright (27) as shown, and hold it on the Frame (50). Attach the Upright (27) with four M8 x 20mm Avoid pinching the Screws (29). Main Wire Harness (25) 7.
- Page 11 8. Orient the Shield Cover (26) as shown, and press it onto the Left and Right Shields (37, 58). 37, 58 9. Orient the Console Cover (3) as shown, and slide it onto the Upright (27). Tip: Avoid pinching the Main Wire Harness (25).
- Page 12 10. Untie and discard the wire tie on the Main Wire Harness (25). Insert the Main Wire Harness upward through the Handlebar (4) as shown. While a second person holds the Console (7) near the Handlebar (4), plug the Main Wire Harness (25) and the Pulse Wire Harness (23) into the receptacles on the Console.
- Page 13 13. Identify the Right Pedal (60). Using an adjustable wrench, firmly tighten the Right Pedal (60) clockwise into the Right Crank Arm (59). Tighten the Left Pedal (32) counterclockwise into the Left Crank Arm (not shown). Adjust the strap on the Right Pedal (60) to the desired position, and press the ends of the strap onto the tabs on the Right Pedal.
Page 14: How To Use The Exercise Bike
HOW TO USE THE EXERCISE BIKE HOW TO PLUG IN THE POWER ADAPTER HOW TO ADJUST THE HEIGHT OF THE SEAT IMPORTANT: If the exercise bike has been exposed For effective exercise, the seat should be at the proper to cold temperatures, allow it to warm to room height.
- Page 15 HOW TO ADJUST THE ANGLE OF THE HOW TO ADJUST THE PEDAL STRAPS HANDLEBAR To adjust the To adjust the pedal straps, first angle of the pull the ends of handlebar, loosen the straps off the the handlebar tabs on the ped- knob, rotate the als.
- Page 16 CONSOLE DIAGRAM MAKE YOUR FITNESS GOALS A REALITY WITH Upload your workout results to the iFit cloud IFIT.COM and track your accomplishments. With your new iFit-compatible fitness equipment, you can use an array of features on iFit.com to make your Set calorie, time, or distance goals for your fitness goals a reality: workouts.
Page 17: Features Of Console
FEATURES OF THE CONSOLE HOW TO USE THE MANUAL MODE The advanced console offers an array of features 1. Begin pedaling or press any button on the designed to make your workouts more effective and console to turn on the console. enjoyable.
- Page 18 Distance (Dist.)—This display mode will show When a wireless iFit module the distance that you have pedaled in miles or is connected, the wireless kilometers. symbol at the top of the dis- play will show the strength of Pulse—This display mode will show your heart rate your wireless signal.
- Page 19 If the display does not show your heart rate, make HOW TO USE THE SOUND SYSTEM sure that your hands are positioned as described. Be careful not to move your hands excessively or To play music or audio books through the console to squeeze the contacts tightly.
- Page 20 HOW TO USE AN ONBOARD WORKOUT resistance level and/or target speed is programmed for the next segment, the resistance level and/or 1. Begin pedaling or press any button on the target speed will appear in the display for a few console to turn on the console.
- Page 21 HOW TO USE A SET-A-GOAL WORKOUT Note: The calorie goal is an estimate of the number of calories that you will burn during 1. Begin pedaling or press any button on the the workout. The actual number of calories that console to turn on the console.
Page 22: To Use An Ifit Workout
HOW TO USE AN IFIT WORKOUT For more information about the iFit workouts, please see www.iFit.com. You must have an iFit module to use an iFit workout. To purchase an iFit module at any time, go to When you select an iFit workout, the display will www.iFit.com or call the telephone number on the show the duration of the workout and the approxi- front cover of this manual.
- Page 23 HOW TO CHANGE CONSOLE SETTINGS Units—The currently selected unit of measurement will appear in the display. To change the unit of 1. Select the settings mode. measurement, press the Enter button repeatedly. To view distance in miles, select ENGLISH. To view To select the settings mode, press the Settings distance in kilometers, select METRIC.
Page 24: Fcc Information
FCC INFORMATION This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications.
Page 25: Maintenance And Troubleshooting
MAINTENANCE AND TROUBLESHOOTING Inspect and tighten all parts of the exercise bike regu- Locate the Reed Switch (64). Loosen, but do not larly. Replace any worn parts immediately. remove, the M4 x 19mm Screw (65). To clean the exercise bike, use a damp cloth and a small amount of mild soap.
- Page 26 HOW TO ADJUST THE DRIVE BELT Using an M10 socket wrench with an extension (not included), reach into the opening in the bottom of the If you can feel the pedals slip while you are pedaling, Right Shield (58) and tighten the M10 x 50mm Screw even when the resistance is adjusted to the highest (49) a few turns until the Drive Belt (not shown) is tight;…
Page 27: Exercise Guidelines
EXERCISE GUIDELINES Burning Fat—To burn fat effectively, you must exer- WARNING: cise at a low intensity level for a sustained period of Before beginning this time. During the first few minutes of exercise, your or any exercise program, consult your physi- body uses carbohydrate calories for energy.
- Page 28 SUGGESTED STRETCHES The correct form for several basic stretches is shown at the right. Move slowly as you stretch; never bounce. 1. Toe Touch Stretch Stand with your knees bent slightly and slowly bend forward from your hips. Allow your back and shoulders to relax as you reach down toward your toes as far as possible.
- Page 29 NOTES…
Page 30: Part List
PART LIST Model No. 831.21913.0 R0813A Key No. Qty. Description Key No. Qty. Description Handlebar Knob M4 x 19mm Self-tapping Screw M4 x 16mm Screw Left Shield Console Cover Snap Ring Handlebar Bearing Handlebar Cap M4 x 12mm Screw Pulse Sensor Resistance Cable Console Resistance Motor…
Page 31: Exploded Drawing
EXPLODED DRAWING Model No. 831.21913.0 R0813A…
Page 32: Ordering Replacement Parts
ORDERING REPLACEMENT PARTS To order replacement parts, please see the front cover of this manual. To help us assist you, be prepared to provide the following information when contacting us: • the model number and serial number of the product (see the front cover of this manual) •…
NordicTrack GX 2.7 U Upright Exercise Bike Review
NordicTrack GX 2.7 U Upright Exercise Bike Features
1. Heart Rate Monitoring: The NordicTrack fitness equipment is powered with dual grip cardiogrip heart rate monitor. It helps the users to monitor the heart rate via heart rate sensors that are built on the handlebars of the bike.
2. Cooling Fans: This exercise bike has got CoolAire workout fan that can modify its speed as per the intensity levels of workout sessions. Thus, the users can keep their workout sessions more motivating with the provision of cool air.
3. LCD Display: The exercise bike has got 5” backlit LCD console that comes equipped with titling provisions. It enables the users to move the console according to their convenience. It displays information about time, distance, and heart rate, resistance level, number of calories burned.
It has got one-touch controls allowing users to control the resistance with a press of the button located on the handlebars. The console features 2” dual speakers, a cooling fan, a port for MP3 player or a smartphone.
This console displays the information of workout. with a dedicated speed metric and the quarter-mile racetrack with a visual representation. The iFit compatibility of the console makes it a platform for offering humongous workout options to the users.
4. Adjustable Seat: This exercise bike is equipped with a seat that is adjustable both horizontally and vertically. It helps the users to customize the seat as per their convenience levels. The users can optimize their workouts by modifying their seat and deriving a comfortable workout position.
5. Magnetic Resistance: This fitness equipment is powered with silent magnetic resistance that provides 20 different levels of intensity. Thus, the users have plenty of options to make their workout sessions more challenging with various resistance levels.
The provision of iFit workout app allows users to select from a wide array of fitness challenges and then imply different resistance levels to achieve their goals.
6. Pedals: The exercise bike supports the comfortable pedals that come equipped with adjustable straps. These straps allow users to keep their feet firmly on the pedals and they don’t suffer injury due to disbalance in the pedals.
7. Flywheel Weight (lbs.): This exercise bike is powered by a heavier flywheel of 15 Ibs that offers smooth, consistent and powerful performance. It makes the ride extremely smoother especially when the resistance is changed from low to high and vice-versa.
8. Pulse Grip Type: The exercise bike is designed with cardiogrip touch sensors that are built on the handlebars of the machine.
9. Electrical Outlet Required: This fitness equipment is powered by the power adaptor to keep running it for having great workout experience.
10. Compact Size: Weighing 74 pounds this exercise bike is a compact machine that is easy to use and store owing to the provision of the carry handle and transport wheels.
11. Transport: The transport wheels make it practical for the users to store the exercise bike after workout sessions.
12. High Capacity: The exercise bike is equipped with a sturdy frame that can support the maximum weight of 275 Ibs for optimal performance.
13. Other Features
Sound System: This exercise bike is powered with dual 2” speakers that are designed for optimal performance. The users can plug-in their smartphones or MP3 player for having their favorite music, videos and much more.
Water Bottle Holder: The exercise bike is not accessorized with a water bottle holder.
NordicTrack Gx 2.7 Exercise Bike
|Item model number||NTEX82917|
|Item Weight||74 pounds|
|Warranty||1-Year parts and Labor Warranty|
Editor Rating : 1.4 out of 5 star
NordicTrack gx 2.7 spends less time planning and more time sweating with 20 speed and calorie-based workouts that automatically adjust the resistance. This NordicTrack gx 2.7 type is attractive and the most similar to conventional out of doors bicycling. It has the similar place and body movements and requires you to turn on muscle groups in your arms and shoulders just like you may when biking open air. Given the upright position.
NordicTrack gx 4.7 recumbent cycle is important to handle all over the exercise; your abdominal muscle tissues get worked as neatly. That’s a muscle group recurrently overlooked in bikes. The closing merit is the dimensions of the device itself, identified within the training world as the machine’s footprint. Since it’s footprint is rather small, it lets you in more room to position different exercise apparatus.
When deciding on an exercise bike, NordicTrack gx 2.7nordictrack gx 4.7a can be the most important factor to accept as true with is your health goals. The top exercise bikes will always be what fits your goals, attempt, and wallet the most productive. With that through the mind, there are a couple of elementary parts that are needed in any bike. You need it to always come with things like resistance variations, so your bike can steadily get tougher as you get more potent. You want a screen on it that tells you basic stats similar to distance, pace and calories burned.
- Oversized Seat with Cushioning makes sure you will stay relaxed and focused on your exercise
- The seat moves both vertically and horizontally so that you can find the right fit
- Tracks your total calories burned and your workout progress
- NordicTrack gx7 upright cycle includes a fan which lets you stay cool while you burn calories
- Helps you stay in your target heart rate zone
- The flywheel of NordicTrack gx7 exercise bike delivers a more natural ride
- Adjustable Seat
- 5-Inch Backlit Display
- Auxiliary Music Port
- Auto Breeze Workout Fan, OneTouch Controls, EKG Grip Pulse, Ergonomic Pedals And
- Transport Wheels
- The GX 2.7 U Bike Comes With A Lifetime Frame Warranty And A 1-Year Part
The hazards that originate with an upright bike are more quality of lifestyles. However, NordicTrack recumbent bike has an impact while paired with a dedicated fitness regimen. If your shape is proper, again it will remove hunch which is able to create muscle pain and fatigue. Ease of use should be on the top of the priority listing, especially when you’ll be biking ceaselessly. Your pedals of this NordicTrack gx 2.7 preferably all the time have straps for safety, and the handlebars should be screwed tight to the device.
In fine, whether you prefer the upright or the comfortable recumbent, NordicTrack gx 2.7 or NordicTrack gx 4.7 bike is useful for anybody and a super addition to any fitness plan.
NordicTrack Exercise Bike Review
- Recumbent Bike Comfort: NordicTrack recumbent bikes are comfortable to ride. The saddles on the NordicTrack Commercial VR23 and VR25 Elite are more like chairs than traditional bike seats. They are cushioned and ventilated.
- Resistance Levels: The recumbent and upright stationary bikes provide a good range of resistance levels for beginners and mid-level exercisers. Changes on these models are made digitally. On the cycle trainers, the upper resistance levels are much more powerful. Changes are made with a knob.
- Built-In Workouts: NordicTrack stationary and recumbent bikes include a minimum of 28 workouts designed by certified personal trainers. Each can be used at the bikes’ different resistance levels. The workouts support three objectives: calorie burn, endurance and performance.
- iFit Workouts: iFit is available on all NordicTrack exercise bikes this year, with the exception of the cycle trainers. An iFit subscription takes your fitness regime online, letting you virtually ride your bike anywhere mapped by Google Maps! You’ll also get to download a customized workout every day.
- Browse the Web: NordicTrack makes it easy to surf the web during workouts. The Commercial VR25 Elite and GX 4.6 Pro have web-enabled touch-screens, and their simpler counterparts — the Commercial VR23 and GX 4.4 Pro — work with your tablet computer.
- Extra-Wide Pedals: Extra-wide pedals are included on the upright and recumbent NordicTracks. Foot straps and toe cages are included on all models.
- Wireless Heart Rate Monitors: The top NordicTrack bike models have complete Bluetooth heart rate monitoring systems. On lower-priced models you need to provide your own chest strap. Grip heart rate readers are built into the bikes’ handlebars too.
- Self-Adjusting Fans: Catch the perfect breeze! Most NordicTrack exercise bikes have AutoBreeze fans that respond to your speed.
- Water Bottle Holders: Most NordicTrack exercise bikes have a water bottle holder conveniently built into the console.
- Transport Wheels: Thanks to front-mounted wheels, all NordicTrack bikes are easy to move from room to room.
- High Capacity: User weight capacities range from 250 to 350 pounds.
- Compact Size: NordicTrack exercise bikes demand relatively little space. A typical footprint measures about 5’ x 2’.
- Warranty: NordicTrack warranties can be pretty good deals. For example, if you buy the Commercial VR23 at the discount price of $799, and it breaks down just after the three-year parts warranty expires, you’ll have paid about 72 cents/day.