2 Weeks ago I committed to my 14 Days SlimFast Challenge which was a part of sponsored challenge and post from Global Influence and Walgreens on behalf of SlimFast.
I received 16 Slim Fast meal replacement creamy milk chocolate shakes and 16 chocolate cookie dough protein meal replacement bars.
I learned that I suppose to:
- Replace 2 meals a day with the shakes and bars
- exercise 30 minutes a day
- eat a 1200 calorie a day diet
How did I work the SlimFast 14 Days Challenge Program:
1. First of I had a cereal and 2% milk for breakfast (about 8 AM)
2. Secondly I went to my gym in the morning 3 times a week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday). Tuesday and Thursday I exercised at home using my new Zumba Wii Game that my husband got me for Christmas.
3. Right after gym or workout I immediately drank 1 bottle of Slimfast shake (190 calories, 6g of fat, 25g of carbs, 5g of fiber, 18g of sugar, 10g of protein and loaded with other vitamins and minerals) – I took the shake around 10:30 AM
4. Around 12:30 PM I was already hungry so I had my egg omelette with cheese and vegetables.
5. Around 3 PM I had another Slimfast shake or Slimfast cookie dough protein meal replacement bar.
6. Around 5:30 or 6 PM I had a full size dinner with my family (approximately 400-500 calories) such as chicken with vegetables, meatballs with vegetables, turkey tacos with vegetables or even my most famous loved by everyone 30 minute Maple Pecan Salmon with Arugula Salad.
7. Around 9 pm if I was hungry I had a very light snack such as backed multigrain crackers with hummus dip or celery with hummus dip.
I really liked the feel during the day that my body was light and not overstuffed, but you also see that I was not over-stuffing myself. I didn’t feel light headed but i did feel hungry every 2 or 3 hours.
So now you want to know my results, right?
2 weeks ago when I put my body on the scale I was at 178 pounds ( I know I am still over weight)
Today this morning when I stepped on my new Ozeri scale I was 176.8 pounds
Although I suppose to lose 6 pounds in 2 weeks I only lost like 2 or maybe even less. But I also think that my muscle mass increased because I was doing a lot of weight training as well as I still had ton of fluid in my body because I drank plenty of water, oh I forgot to mention I did drink coffee and teas with small amount of brown sugar during my challenge.
One last note from my gym buddies whom I talked about my 14 Day slimfast challenge: Few of my gals already did the slimfast diet or challenge. They told me that after you go off of slimfast diet or challenge most of them gain the weight right back.
The key is to keep exercising 30-60 minutes a day, eat small meals every 2-3 hours, eat fruits and veggies, avoid soda, sugars, high fructose corn syrup, alcohol, pastas and don’t eat or snack after 7 or 8 pm depending on when you go to bed.
These above are personal thoughts, opinions and results about my 14 day slimfast challenge products.
Update: I have more exciting news! I stepped on the scale today on Jan 20 at 3Pm wearing my normal clothes and after having full size lunch my weight is actually less!
So I noticed that the weight loss is gradual, takes an effort of exercise and eating healthy. Now that my Slimfast challenge is over, my real challenge starts today. I need to keep the weight off and still keep loosing it. Remember I told you that my normal weight is 150 pounds. Today is definitely exciting news for me
Update on December 2014. After my 14 days Slimfast challenge in January, I haven’t had any single SlimFast shake or bar. My weight is now 170 pounds however. As you can see I went from 180 to 170 in 1 year and keeping it steady and lowering it a little bit at a time. How I did it? Follow my fitness tips above and make sure to eliminate soda, sugars, high fructose corn syrup, alcohol, pastas, breads and don’t eat or snack after 7 or 8 pm depending on when you go to bed, but at least 3 or 4 hours before bed time.
My goal is to go back to 150 pounds and I’m on a mission. Follow me along as I share many healthy soups and recipes, fitness tips.
- Recent Posts
Irina is mom of 3 from NYC, blogger, loves to cook, travel and entertain. Follow her blog and enjoy her tips on Food & Travel, Lifestyle & Healthy Recipes.
Latest posts by Irina (see all)
- 5 Minute Air Fryer Garlic Roasted Green Beans – January 28, 2020
- Tastiest Air Fryer Chicken Wings with Sticky Honey Buffalo Sauce (recipe) – January 14, 2020
- Easy Homemade Chipotle sauce recipe in 5 minutes – January 10, 2020
SlimFast 3-2-1 Plan Shake Mix Chocolate Royale31.18 oz
The New 3-2-1 Slim-Fast® Plan
- 45% Less Sugar Than Our Chocolate Royale Ultra Powder Mix*
- 200 Calories as Prepared
- Great Taste
- 24 Vitamins & Minerals
- 50% of Daily Calcium (as prepared)
- Spoon Stirrable
Start losing weight today with the Slim-Fast 3-2-1 Plan. Use the Slim-Fast Day as your guide. You can eat six times a day: 2 Slim-Fast 180-200 calorie shakes or meals, 3 nourishing snacks, 1 sensible 500 calorie meal…increase your physical activity, drink plenty of water and lose weight! It’s that simple! Then keep it off with one Slim-Fast Meal a day, your sensible eating habits and physical activity. If you start to regain weight go back on the weight loss plan.
Example of a Slim-Fast Day™
- Slim-Fast Breakfast: A Creamy Slim-Fast Shake or Meal Bar with a piece of fruit
- Snack: A piece of fruit or nonfat yogurt or cottage cheese or veggies or a Slim-Fast 100 Calorie Snack Bar
- Slim-Fast Lunch: A Slim-Fast Meal Bar or Shake along with a tossed green salad
- Slim-Fast Snack: A Slim-Fast 100 calorie Snack Bar or a serving of nuts or veggies or a piece of fruit
- Dinner: Fill 1/2 of your plate with veggies, 1/4 with lean beef, chicken or fish, 1/4 with potato or rice, with a salad & fruit
- Slim-Fast Snack: A Slim-Fast Low-Fat Fudge Bar or popcorn or veggies
After you have achieve you weight loss goal, keep the weight off with on Slim-Fast Meal a day, your sensible eating habits, daily physical activity, and drinking plenty of water. Return to the weight loss plan if you start regaining the weight.
*Each Serving of Shake Mix Contains 9g of Sugar. Our Chocolate Royale Ultra Powder Mix contains 17g of Sugar.
Made in the USA
Pour 1 level scoop (inside can) of Slim Fast Shake Mix into a large glass. Add 8 fl oz. of very cold Vitamin A&D fortified fat free milk. Stir well and enjoy. If you enjoy a thicker shake, mix milk and 1/2 cup of ice in blender until smooth, then add a level scoop of Slim Fast Shake Mix. Blend for 10 seconds. Drink plenty of water or calorie-free beverages throughout the day. Include 30 minutes of physical activity daily.
Join the SlimFast Challenge
Body Mass Index (BMI) is a calculation that uses your height and weight to determine a number that represents your risk for obesity-related health conditions such as heart disease, hypertension and diabetes. The higher your BMI is over 25, the greater the risk of developing these conditions.**
**There are some limitations to the Body Mass Index calculation, because it does not measure body composition. BMI overestimates body fat in persons who are very muscular and it can underestimate body fat in persons who have lost muscle mass (e.g., many elderly). People with more muscular builds may be classified as overweight according to BMI numbers even if they have a very healthy body fat percentage. A high BMI from increased muscle alone is not associated with health risks. These are the recommended classifications for BMI, adopted by the Expert Panel on the Identification, Evaluation, and Treatment of Overweight & Obesity in Adults, and endorsed by leading organizations of health professionals.
How It Works
How does SlimFast Work? It works in a way that is right for you!
For over 40 years, SlimFast has been helping millions of Americans take control of their diet, lose the weight and keep it off®. Now after more than 40 clinical studies, the SlimFast diet plan has been perfected to include more options than ever before.
Just replace any two meals with SlimFast shakes, bars or cookies, enjoy one sensible meal of your choice and three 100-calorie snacks in between. SlimFast includes different formulas to suit a variety of needs and preferences, including SlimFast Original, SlimFast Advanced Nutrition, SlimFast Advanced Energy, SlimFast Keto, and SlimFast Diabetic Weight Loss Formula.
New to our family of products is SlimFast Keto. Our NEW line of premium products is the perfect choice for making optimal low-carb, ketogenic nutrition easy as 1-2-3. SlimFast Keto makes Keto easy with a simple, clinically proven plan that includes decadent, indulgent and convenient products to enjoy at home and on-the-go.
To get more information on The SlimFast Keto Plan, download your SlimFast Keto Quick-Start Guide, which includes a meal planner, shopping list, recipes, and tips to help you become Keto Confident. Sign up for your SlimFast Keto guide today!
The SlimFast diet plan lets you choose what to eat so you can always stick to it, no matter how unpredictable your days can get. Don’t skip Sunday brunch with your friends or stay back when your coworkers head out for lunch together. Just make that meal your sensible meal of the day and have your shake, smoothie or bar for the other two meals. You’ll be amazed at how easy it is to plan meals when you have a daily routine that is easy to follow. To get more information on The SlimFast Plan, download your SlimFast Quick-Start Guide, which includes a meal planner, shopping list, recipes, and tips to help you get started. Sign up for the SlimFast guide today!
For maximum results, avoid sugar-sweetened beverages, like juice and sodas. They will only slow down your weight loss and make you tired. Drink plenty of water and get in 30 minutes of daily exercise instead. You’ll burn calories and release feel-good endorphins that will keep you smiling all the way to your goal weight.
You deserve 30 minutes of me-time every day. Make the time for a daily walk or pick a fun new activity to try!