Lavender Salt Scrub – Trader Joe’s $5.99
I have to say this: I LOVE skincare products (I guess if I didn’t I would be an esthetician)….you know how some people can’t say no to a new pair of shoes or a purse? That’s how I feel about scrubs, masques, serums, etc., especially if it smells good or contains some awesome natural ingredients. I try to stay away from products that contain lots of fillers, dyes, and fragrances because I tend to be very sensitive and a lot of things make my skin itchy and inflamed, so when I find items like this salt scrub I get so happy that I have to share with everyone!
First of all, let’s look at the ingredient list:
- Sea Salt – for drawing toxins out of the body and exfoliating
- Sweet Almond Oil – super moisturizing, antioxidant
- Safflower Oil – moisturizing, noncomedogenic (won’t clog pores)
- Sunflower Oil – softens/smoothes skin, contains lecithin & other essential fatty acids
- Lavender Oil – calming/soothing, good for redness & antibacterial
- Grapeseed Oil – moisturizing/nourishing for the skin, soothing/antioxidant/antibacterial
- Apricot Oil – good for dry/mature skin, maintains skin suppleness & elasticity
- Avocado Oil – rich in Vitamins A, C, and E – promotes regeneration of scarred skin
- Green Tea Leaf Extract – contains Vitamins A, C, and E and is antibacterial/antioxidant
- St. John’s Word Extract – anti-inflammatory, good for sensitive/rough/chapped skin & acne (or any skin type experiencing inflammation/irritation
- Tocopherol – aka Vitamin E. Vitamin E is an antioxidant good for for healing skin via skin renewal. Often used in products as a natural preservative.
Thanks to all of the wonderful oils in this salt scrub, my skin was so smooth & soft after using it that I didn’t even have to apply lotion. Another thing I like about this scrub is that the salt is super fine and just melts away – unlike other scrubs with larger, jagged salt pieces that can irritate and scratch the skin. Keep in mind: you don’t have to scrub your skin completely off for a good exfoliation, and just because a product is super abrasive does not mean that it works better…it’s probably doing you more harm than good. Gentle exfoliation is always the way to go.
If this sounds like something you’d like to try, you may purchase it at Trader Joe’s for $5.99.
For more helpful skin care & beauty info:
Adriana is a Ventura, California-based esthetician who provides services such as facials, waxing, sugaring, and eyelash extensions. She enjoys learning about ingredients in skin care and makeup, and when she is not educating clients on ways to help them achieve beautiful, healthy skin, she is most likely running around Los Angeles and Ventura County enjoying a nice glass or wine or trying to attend as many random concerts and festivals as possible.