Homemade Body Wraps To Lose Weight Charushila Biswas Hyderabd040-395603080 January 14, 2020
Can you lose a few inches instantly by wrapping your body up? This is probably one of the craziest things you’ve heard. But, sometimes, you need the crazy if you are too lazy to hit the gym or eat healthy to lose weight. Body wraps can whittle your flab quickly, especially if you have an important event to attend in just a few days. They not only remove toxins and reduce cellulite, but also tighten and hydrate the skin. The best part – you can make pocket-friendly body wraps at home easily. What’s more, we will give you tips for creating a fuss-free spa-like ambiance at home. So, read on to find out the ingredients of these super effective body wraps. But first, let me tell you a few basic points.
- Body Wraps For Weight Loss – What Is It?
- How To Make Homemade Body Wraps More Effective?
- How To Use Body Wraps For Weight Loss ?
- Homemade Scrub Recipe
- Homemade Body Mask Recipe
- Easy Homemade Body Wrap Recipes
- Simple Steps To Get Spa-Like Body Wrap At Home
- Do The Body Wraps Really Aid Weight Loss?
- How To Measure Homemade Body Wrap Weight Loss ?
- Points To Remember
- Will Using a Body Wrap Help Me Lose Weight?
- How do body wraps claim to help you lose weight?
- Is there any science to back it up?
- How do you use a body wrap?
- What should you know before you try a body wrap?
- How To Get Rid Of Cellulite On Your Thighs
- Why Wrapping Your Stomach in Plastic Wrap to Lose Weight Is a Really Bad Idea
- The Dangers of Excessive Sweating
- Safe (and Effective!) Weight-Loss Practices
- Can any of these body wraps actually help you lose weight?
- Still, Dr. Peterson says, body wraps are safe to try if you want to, as long as you keep a few things in mind.
- 1. Are they are all Infrared Body Wraps the same?
- 2. Is it true that you only lose water weight during a session?
- 3. Will they cause dehydration?
- 4. Infrared is not natural
- 5.What about safety?
- 6. Aren’t wraps exactly like a sauna?
- 7. Is it really possible for benefits to be noticed right away?
- 8. Does participation in body wrap sessions mean you don’t have to workout or eat healthy meals?
- 9. Sweating has no real health benefits
- DIY Body Wrap for Cellulite, Detox and Weight Loss
- How to Effectively Use a Homemade Body Wrap
- Mustard Body Pack Recipe
- CELLULITE TREATMENTS
- Strawberry and ginger body wrap recipe
- Slimming wrap recipe
Body Wraps For Weight Loss – What Is It?
A body wrap is basically a linen/plastic sheet or a blanket that is wrapped around your body or at specific areas of the body on top of a layer of herbal or natural ingredients. It helps you sweat without moving an inch, which, in turn, helps flush out toxins and reduce inches from that wrapped area. Decades ago, linen was the most widely used wrap, but these days, plastic or blanket is the most preferred wrap. Though the main principle of body wraps is similar to that of sauna treatment, body wraps are said to be more effective. But you cannot just put on any wrap and expect good results. You must follow our guidelines to make your body wrap do its work brilliantly. Here’s what you should know.
How To Make Homemade Body Wraps More Effective?
1. Keep Yourself Hydrated
The body wraps will make you sweat, thereby helping you shrink the fat cells and flush the toxins out. So, it’s important that you keep yourself well hydrated. Drink about 750 ml – 1000 ml water before wrapping your body. You can also keep a cup of water near you so that you can take a sip whenever you want while you are in the wrap. Add cucumber, berries, lemon, mint, etc. to fortify the water with nutrients and make it look more exciting.
2. Best Ingredients
Use the best organic ingredients to make the body pack/mask to get the best results. Many packaged body packs/masks are available in the market but they will not be as effective as the organic ones. So, buy organic ingredients and follow our instructions on how much of each ingredient you should use to get the best results. Nothing can beat organic and natural products when it comes to weight loss and healing.
3. Prep Your Body
Before you apply the body pack/mask, you must take a shower and then use a homemade scrub to exfoliate the dead skin. This will help your skin to absorb the goodness of the body pack, which will help you lose a few inches and flush out the toxins. You can make homemade scrub by taking 2 tablespoons orange peel powder, 2 tablespoons rice flour, 2 tablespoons lime juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 2 tablespoons gram flour, and 6-7 tablespoons water.
4. Be Consistent
If you really want to lose weight, and not just get ready for a special occasion, then you must get the wrap treatment twice a week. You can try different body packs/masks or wraps each time to keep yourself excited and motivated. The results that you get will be unmatched.
5. Do Not Overdo It
You may think that if you do this wrap treatment every day, you will get skinny like a supermodel. I am afraid to say that you will not lose weight this way. You will harm your body if you do it on a daily basis. So, make sure not to get the body wrap treatment done more than twice every week.
Now, let me take you through the wrapping process, step-by-step.
How To Use Body Wraps For Weight Loss ?
Step 1 – Take a shower before taking the homemade body wrap treatment. Bathing will help remove all the dust and dirt from your skin and will allow betterabsorption of the goodness of the body mask.
Step 2 – The second step is to exfoliate your skin with the help of a homemade scrub. Here’s how you can make the perfect scrub easily at home.
Homemade Scrub Recipe
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon fine sugar
- 1-2 drops of lemon essential oil
- Mix the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Use two or three fingertips to pick the scrub up and then use light pressure to apply the scrub on your body.
- Next, massage the area in a circular motion.
- Do this for at least 7-10 minutes.
- Wipe the scrub off with a soft, wet cloth.
Step 3 – Apply the body mask in the target areas. Make sure to apply only a thin layer of the mixture because the body mask is very effective and you don’t need a lot to lose inches. Here’s a super effective body mask recipe that you can make at home.
Homemade Body Mask Recipe
- 1-2 tablespoons of Dead sea clay/ natural clay
- 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel
- 1 teaspoon Epsom salt
- 2-3 drops of lavender essential oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2-3 tablespoon rose water
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Apply a thin layer of the mixture on the areas where you want to get rid of extra flab and cellulite.
- Always apply a little bit of the mixture on thedesired area and wrap with a plastic wrap. Applying the mask all over and then trying to wrap the plastic will be difficult.
Step 4 – Wrap the areas with plastic. Plastic wraps are not only more effective but also do not require to be washed like the cloth bandages. Make sure you wrap the plastic sheets not too tightly as that may scar your skin. If you want to wrap your chin and neck, first wear a shower cap and then wrap your chin and neck by bringing the plastic wrap over your head, down to your chin and jawline. You can also wrap your upper body on day 1 and the wrap your lower body on day 2 to make the process more convenient. For spot treatments, you can wrap the affected area, like thighs or tummy.
Step 5 – Now, all you have to do is relax and let the wrap do its work. You can lie down or sit, watch a movie, talk to your friends, listen to music etc. And by this time, the wrap will start to make the target area sweat, which is what you need. You can cover the wrapped area with a towel. Keep the wrap on for 60 minutes.
Step 6 – After an hour, you can unwrap it. Remove the plastic wrap cautiously and then take a shower to wash off the body mask.
Step 7 – The last step of the wrap is to moisturize your skin with a good moisturizer. You can also apply coconut oil or stretch mark reducing creams or moisturizers.
There you go, an easy way to wrap your body using a homemade body mask in the comfort of your home. And to make your body wrap treatment at home more exciting, here are a few more body wrap recipes for you. Take a look.
Easy Homemade Body Wrap Recipes
1. Body Wrap For Detoxification
- ½ cup Epsom salt
- 1 cup natural clay
- 4 tablespoon almond oil
- 2 drops lavender essential oil (optional)
- 2 cups warm water
- To 2 cups of warm water, add the Epsom salt. Stir it well to dissolve the salt completely.
- Now dip your linen bandage into it and keep it in the solution for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the natural clay, almond oil, lavender essential oil, and little warm water to make a paste.
- Apply it on your problem areas.
- Wrap with the Epsom salt soaked bandage on the areas.
- Wait for 1 hour and then remove the bandage.
2. Body Wrap For Melting Fat
- 1 cup white clay
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoon neem powder
- 2 drops grapefruit essential oil
- Mix the white clay, apple cider vinegar, neem powder, and grapefruit essential oil in a bowl.
- Apply a thin layer of this body mask on your problem areas.
- Take a plastic wrap and wrap it around your problem areas.
- Wait for 1 hour and then remove the bandage.
3. Body Wrap For Cellulite
- 1 cup Epsom salt
- 1 cup white clay
- 50 ml olive oil
- 2 cups warm water
- 3 drops rosemary essential oil
- Add Epsom salt to a cup of warm water and stir well to dissolve it.
- Dip the linen bandage into the Epsom salt bath and keep it in the solution 2 mins.
- Meanwhile, mix the white clay, olive oil, the cup of warm water, and rosemary essential oil in a bowl.
- Apply a thin layer of this body mask.
- Wrap the area with the linen bandage.
- Wait for 1 hour and then remove the bandage.
4. Body Wrap For Rejuvenating Skin
- 10 strawberries
- 10 grapes
- ½ cup papaya
- 2 drops lemon essential oil
- Mash the strawberries, grapes, and papaya in a bowl.
- Add the lemon essential oil and mix well.
- Apply this fruity mix to your problem areas.
- Wrap up with a plastic wrap.
- Wait for 1 hour and then remove the bandage.
5. Body Wrap For Skin Tightening
- 1 cup white clay
- ½ cup Bengal gram flour
- 2 tablespoon yogurt
- ½ cup water
- 3 drops orange essential oil
- Mix white clay, Bengal gram flour, yogurt, water, and orange essential oil in a bowl.
- Apply a thin layer of this body mask.
- Wrap your problem area with a plastic wrap.
- Wait for an hour and then remove the bandage.
So, these were the 5 amazing homemade body wrap recipes that will help you shed a few inches quickly. But how can you make your wrap treatment more spa-like? Here’s how!
Simple Steps To Get Spa-Like Body Wrap At Home
- Clean the mess in your room or clean your bathroom.
- Choose a cozy corner in your room or just prep your bathtub by wiping away the water.
- Keep your plastic wrap, body mask, scrub, moisturizer, and towel ready.
- In a shallow bowl of water, toss in some rose petals and keep it on the side of your chair, bed or bathtub.
- Of course, you will need scented candles. Light your favorite scented candles and keep them at a distance so that you can see and smell them, but they don’t hamper your movement.
- Personally, I like Tibetan chants playing in the background, but you can play any soothing music.
- While you are waiting for the wrap to do its magic, you can keep two slices of cucumber on your eyelids to relax completely.
- If you are bored, you can read a magazine or watch your favorite show. Do not work!
So you see, getting a spa-like body wrap treatment at home if not that tough at all! But the question is, do the body wraps really work? Find out in the next section.
Do The Body Wraps Really Aid Weight Loss?
Body wraps do work, but the results vary from person to person. It is a short-term weight loss solution that can take 1-2 inches off. The weight loss also depends on the type of bandage used, how much water your body retains, and how long you kept the body-wrap on (some people feel comfortable keeping the body wrap for a longer duration). Do not expect to lose 10 pounds in just an hour! Plus, you should also avoid overdoing it as that may seriously damage your circulation and skin. You can also measure your weight loss. Want to know how? Find out next.
How To Measure Homemade Body Wrap Weight Loss ?
You can measure it with measuring tape and also take visual cues. Here’s how you should do it.
- Take a measuring tape and measure your problem area girth.
- Write it down in a notepad.
- Now, take pictures of your problem area from different angles (if it’s your whole body, ask your friend to take pics for you).
- Now, get your wrap treatment.
- After completing the wrap treatment, measure the girth of your problem area and take pics in the same angles that you did before taking the wrap treatment.
As we come to the end of this article, here’s what you must remember.
Points To Remember
- Always follow the recommended steps, i.e., take a shower and exfoliate before applying the body mask.
- Before wrapping yourself in plastic or linen, do a spot test by wrapping a small part of your body to find out if you are sensitive to the wrap or not.
- Try to use freshly prepared body mask.
- We recommend using plastic wraps, but you can also use linen bandages.
- Do not wrap the bandages too tight or too loose.
- Make sure to cover the problem areas properly.
- If you have heart problems or any other medical issue, please talk to your doctor before trying this homemade wrap treatment for weight loss.
- Avoid it if you are pregnant or lactating.
- Children should not be given body wrap treatment for weight loss.
- Rinse off the body mask immediately if you feel itchy or uncomfortable.
To conclude, you can get rid of a few extra inches and also the toxins to get glowing skin with these body wraps. They are wallet-friendly and don’t have the side effects of harsh chemicals. So, try the uber cool homemade body wrap treatment and emerge as a new, refreshed, skinnier person in just an hour! If you have any questions or concerns, leave a comment in the section below. Cheers!
- How Just A FEW Minutes Of Steam Bath Can Help You Lose Weight
- Is Tummy Vibrating Belts Effective For Weight Loss?
- Effective Diet Plan To Lose Weight In 30 Days
- 10 Best Gait Belts
The following two tabs change content below.
- Latest Posts
Latest posts by Charushila Biswas (see all)
- Revealed! Miley Cyrus Diet And Exercise For A Healthy And Fit Body – December 31, 2019
- Intermittent Fasting For Weight Loss – How It Works And Benefits – December 24, 2019
- 15 Yummy Low-Carb Side Dishes To Make Your Diet Interesting – April 16, 2019
- Are You Losing Weight Due To Stress? Here’s What To Do – April 4, 2019
- 8 Best MCT Oils You Will Love When You Are On A Keto Diet – March 29, 2019
Charushila Biswas is a Senior Content Writer and an ISSA Certified Fitness Nutritionist. She is an alumni of VIT University, Vellore and has worked on transgenic wheat as a part of her Masters dissertation from NRCPB (IARI), New Delhi. After completing her Masters, she developed a passion for nutrition and fitness, which are closely related to human psychology. And that prompted her to author a review article in 2015. She has written over 200 articles on Fitness and Nutrition. In her leisure time, Charushila loves to cook and enjoys mobile photography.
Will Using a Body Wrap Help Me Lose Weight?
When it comes to losing weight, there’s definitely not a shortage of ways to go about it. From extreme diets to the latest fitness craze, Americans are desperate to drop their pounds. So, it’s no wonder that new products hit the market every day.
Body wraps are one of the more popular products claiming to help you lose inches, drop weight, and tone up your loose skin.
But how can a wrap do all of that? We explain what you need to know.
How do body wraps claim to help you lose weight?
Like most weight loss products, body wraps claim to be “the answer” to your battle with the bulge. And depending on the type of wrap, the claims range from losing a few pounds and inches in 30 to 90 minutes, to several dress sizes over a longer period of time.
While they can make your skin feel nice and smooth, the idea that a body wrap can whittle away inches from your waist or thighs is debatable.
Most of the claims are anecdotal and come from people who have tried using body wraps for weight loss. It can be difficult to trust these results because you don’t know what other methods they’re using to lose weight at the same time.
Some people use a neoprene body wrap, which is similar to wrapping plastic wrap around your mid-section. The makers of these wraps claim that you lose weight by increasing your core body temperature. In other words, you sweat a lot — especially if you wear it while exercising.
This can cause you to lose water weight, so if you hop on the scale immediately after using one, the number may be less than it was the day before.
But is this even safe? Not necessarily.
Here’s why: When you sweat, your body loses fluids. If you’re not replacing those fluids you can become dehydrated. Plus, raising your core body temperature can lead to overheating, which isn’t always safe.
Other types of body wraps
Other methods of using body wraps include treatments you can get at a spa. The person applying the wrap may be a massage therapist or esthetician, but they can also just be an employee trained in using these wraps. There are many different types of body wraps used at spas, including:
- heat wraps that require you to apply heat cream on your skin and then wrap your body with a plastic film
- slimming wraps that use lotions or topical herbal products
- infrared body wraps
- “detoxing” wraps with ingredients that are said to pull toxins out of your skin
Strips of material that are covered in herbal ingredients are wrapped tight and pulled around your body in an attempt to detox your system. These topical herbs are said to decrease inches and rid your body of cellulite.
Once the wrap is taken off, your skin may have a tighter appearance. This can be one of the reasons people think body wraps work for weight loss. But unfortunately, this side effect is often temporary.
Is there any science to back it up?
The majority of evidence that exists comes directly from the companies that market these wraps. There’s very little — if any — unbiased research or studies about the effectiveness of body wraps for weight loss.
How do you use a body wrap?
You can purchase DIY body wraps from private sellers or visit a spa that uses them. If you use a body wrap at home, make sure you stay hydrated, especially if you plan on wearing it while you exercise. Follow all of the instructions and don’t use the wrap for longer than it’s intended for.
Many of the luxury spa and DIY body wraps are herbal wraps that you can use on specific parts of your body such as your stomach or as a full-body wrap. The wraps are applied and left on your skin for a certain amount of time. Some of the neoprene wraps are left on for longer periods of time.
The wraps that require you to exfoliate before applying usually stay on for a shorter period of time (30-90 minutes). These body wraps often have ingredients such as mud, clay, herbs, and creams or lotions.
Once the time limit is reached, the wrap comes off, you rinse your skin, and apply a moisturizer.
What should you know before you try a body wrap?
If you’re going to try one of these body wraps, there are some things you should know before you wrap yourself up.
- If the wrap has any herbal ingredients, exfoliants, or moisturizers, you need to know what they are and if they’re safe for you to use.
- Since many of these wraps require you or a spa employee to tightly wrap the material around your body, you may have some unpleasant side effects from the compression.
- The risk of becoming dehydrated is also likely since body wraps work to increase your internal core temperature. Drink plenty of fluids.
- There’s no evidence that a body wrap will help you lose weight. While you may be down a few pounds after using one, this is mainly due to water loss. As soon as you hydrate and eat, the number on the scale will go right back up.
- The only proven way to lose weight is through proper diet and adequate exercise.
The bottom line is this: While your skin may feel smooth and soft after a body wrap treatment, the odds of you experiencing long-lasting weight loss after a few wrap sessions aren’t in your favor.
How To Get Rid Of Cellulite On Your Thighs
Real Housewife Kim Wolciak Used Fat-Blasting, Ant-Cellulite Body Wraps with Slimming Cream to lose baby weight and tighten her thighs! She said lost 10 inches! But is it safe…How Do You Save Money and Time & Do It Yourself? Read more…
Using DIY anti-cellulite body wraps will drop inches quickly, but are they safe? Find out how to do them at home safely and still fit into your best dress fast!
The Perfect Natural Cream and A Guide for DIY Is So Awesome!
Have a Party, Special Event, Weekend Date or Headed to The Beach? Need To Look Great Fast? We have some tips to help you look great fast!
Safely Lose Inches Quickly At Home. How To Do it Safely!
DIY at home anti-cellulite body wraps are the perfect answer. If you do it right, you can look amazing if you do it wrong, you will feel awful and not look so hot!
Anti-Cellulite body wraps are a cosmetic procedure, which is meant to create a greenhouse effect in problem areas of the body using special wrapping clothes or specialty wrapping material. Generally, body wraps is a procedure done by professionals in day spas, but they can be done at home too. You can lose fat and cellulite from your thighs, arms, waist, butt and even under your chin when done properly.
How Do Body Wraps Work for Fat Loss?
The aim of the procedure is for the skin to be nourished by all the necessary substances contained in the wrapping mixture. The pores get narrow and skin texture is slightly smoothed. Wrapping promotes the resorption of cellulite plaques, gives the skin elasticity and smoothness, reduces the volume, and enhances blood circulation. Our exclusive spa formulation contains lipolytic (fat breakdown) elements.
How To Get Rid Of Cellulite On Your Thighs
Preparing for Body Wraps
• Clean the skin with a scrub or peeling with sea salt or seaweed extracts. You can massage problem areas using a scrub.
• The mixture for wrapping should be smooth; otherwise, you will not be able to apply it to the skin because it won’t apply evenly. That is one of the reasons we like our Cellulite formula, Extreme Slimming Cream. It has all the best lipolysis (fat breakdown) ingredients as well as a detoxing and skin firming combination of elements too.
• The mixture you choose to use is to be applied in thick or a thin layer on problem areas –thighs, buttocks, and abdomen. It just depends on the mixture and the results you are looking for. Wrap the treated areas with a plastic film so that it warm-ups the formula. The micro-elements contained in the mixture or prepared product better absorbed. The saran wrap will help retain heat and not allow the product to dry. Then wrap yourself in a blanket or sleeping bag, if you have one and want even more heat. That is customary to the procedures most spas use on their clients.
*Be careful not to cover your head, hands or feet. You want to have a way for your body to keep it’s temperature regulated. I personally like to have my models and clients do the upper part o their body one day and the lower body on a different day. That way there’s no overheating and your body has more opportunities to have the formula penetrate fat cells more often without complications.
Continued….Wrap the treated areas with a plastic film for it to warm up and better absorb the microelements contained in the mixture or prepared product. The film will retain heat and not allow the product to dry. Then wrap yourself in a blanket or sleeping bag, if you have one. Some types of body wraps, the ones where you just put on a compression neoprene top or bottom that allows you to move around and do some light activities while the anti-cellulite mixture is working on your skin and activating fat breakdown.
• When wrapping time is complete, wash off the remains of the wrap in the shower and you can take a bath with sea salt afterward then apply anti-cellulite cream or a tonic.
• The course of home wraps can create the best long term results by 5-10 times or maybe, even more, depending on much fat you want to lose. It is best to repeat them every two days or as directed.
• If contraindications are experienced, consult with your doctor.
Types of Body Wraps
Do’ and Don’ts Body Wrap – Using Extreme Slimming Best Cellulite Cream
1. Weight Loss Body Wraps
An effective wrap for weight loss and cellulite is made with honey + 2ml papaverine (ampoules) + 2ml caffeine (2 ampoules). Mix the components, apply on the skin with massage movements (abdomen, buttocks, thighs), cover with a film and leave for 3 hours; put on warm clothing or underwear. For better results, you should work out as well —do some cardio, yoga class, vigorous cleaning, or dancing. Then take a shower and apply our skin rejuvenation body cream to the treated area to help skin rejuvenate firmer.
2. Anti-Cellulite Body Wraps
For anti-cellulite wraps, you can use clay, algae, mud, essential oils, warm honey, etc.
One of the options is 2 tablespoons of kelp or seaweed (available at drugstores). The algae should be mixed with warm water and left for 15 minutes to swell. Then add the yolk of 1 egg, 10 drops of essential citrus oil and 20 drops of camphor oil. Mix the components well and spread a thin layer over problem areas. Wrap with a film. The wrap is rather messy, so you will need oilcloth and a sheet and a blanket to wrap yourself with. Lie down for 30-60 minutes. Then, take a shower and apply a moisturizing body cream.
Oil Body Wraps as Cellulite Treatment
The basis of such wraps is wheat sprout oil, hazelnut oil, almond oil, and jojoba. Add essential oil or blend of essential oils. For 20 ml or base oil, add 3 drops of lemon, juniper and lavender oil. Make sure essential oils are thoroughly mixed and then added to the base oil.
Apply the oil mixture onto the problem areas, and then wrap the body with a plastic film. It is desirable to put on warm clothes. You may actively move or lie under a blanket for 0.5-1 hour. Then, take a shower and apply a good skin tightening moisturizer or some coconut oil.
Ideal for skin tightening and restructuring skin matrix
“Have only been using for a week, but seems to have made a visible difference. I use this cream all over my face, neck, and chest. It is totally absorbed into the skin and you see the difference right away. The deep fine lines seem to fade away and the dry skin looks so smooth. I’m addicted to this cream, use every single day!” Amazon.com 5.0 out of 5 stars -The deep fine lines seem to fade away and the dry skin … By Christopher Schultz on August 19, 2016
Body Wraps with Green Tea
Ingredients: 5 tablespoons of powdered green tea, 2 tablespoons of honey, half a teaspoon of cinnamon, hot water.
Preparation: Pour boiling water over the powdered tea to get a paste, then add honey and cinnamon and mix until smooth. Apply the warm mixture onto the problem areas, wrap with foil and lie down under a warm blanket for 30-60 minutes. Wash off with warm water and apply anti-cellulite cream with massaging movements.
Effect: fights cellulite wonderfully, smooths and awakens the skin, tighten and strengthens it, produces an antioxidant effect. Green tea wrap is contraindicated to people suffering from varicose veins and appendages inflammation.
Get Ready To Look Better Fast!
Top Ten Dos For Doing DIY Anti-Cellulite Body Wraps For Maximum Results!
• Drink 3 liters of water daily to keep skin healthy and hydrated.
• The increased amount of toxins in the blood also causes cellulite on the skin. Use detoxifying juice or syrup once per month to flush toxins out of your body.
• Eat clean, alkaline and unprocessed salt to lessen the occurrence of cellulite.
• Consume fish or fish oil pills for skin nourishment. They add elasticity to the skin, thus reduces cellulite.
• Workout regularly.
• Eat a healthy diet of fresh green leafy vegetables and fresh low glycemic fruits.
• Use milk-based moisturizer twice a day to trim down cellulite.
• Cut down on consumption of salt and sugar.
• Include honey, carrots, and wheat and gluten, broccoli, and protein-rich meat to minimize the occurrence of cellulite.
• Avoid fried food, junk food, spicy sauces, and salty snacks while using the treatment for cellulite reduction as it increases cellulite in your body.
• Dehydration is the main cause for a variety of skin problem including cellulite. Drinking inadequate water, drinking a lot of carbonated drinks and soda also causes cellulite, so avoid them.
• Post-pregnancy cellulite needs to be treated only after 40 days of delivery. Starting cellulite treatment earlier than 40 days may cause side effects on the skin surface for women who have had Caesarean stitches on the body.
Extreme Slimming Solution The Best Cellulite Cream
Victoria’s Best Extreme Slimming Anti-Cellulite Cream
“This stuff works so well. I have used several slimming gels and creams before and I have found some that work well, but they are usually quite expensive. But this product is affordable and it works great.” Amazon.com 5.0 out of 5 stars– But this product is affordable and it works great.By Rocher Michaelison July 12, 2016
This stuff works so well. I have used several slimming gels and creams before and I have found some that work well, but they are usually quite expensive. But this product is affordable and it works great.
Whichever you choose, be sure to check out our already done for you formulation that is used in international spas plus a few of our own skin tightening and stretch mark preventing secrets. Be careful, this is a complete pure concentrated formula and it is very powerful. That’s why it’s so effective and our models love it! DO NOT PUT IT ANY PLACE YOU DON’T want to shrink! Wash your hands after you use it or wear gloves. It is a powerful formula and should only be used in fatty areas. 🙂
Healthy Organic Detox & Healthy Fast Weight Loss
If you really are in a hurry and want to take your fat loss and inch loss to the next level, you want to use our Skinny Detox Weight Loss Tea. It has eight amazing organic herbs that work synergistically to help you lose weight, improve digestion, relieve constipation, improve your mood, detox your liver and rejuvenate your organs include your skin, the largest organ in your body. It comes with a free fat burning diet to help you eat clean and lose inches without starving. We pride ourselves in promoting effective health, fitness, and beauty!
No, You Have a Very Good Formula That Will Help You Get Rid Of Cellulite On Your Thighs!
Lose Inches, drop weight safely at home!
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. FULL DISCLOSURE HERE
Body wraps have been touted for years to reduce cellulite instantly, firm the skin and reduce the rippled skin effect that is caused by cellulite. Unfortunately, they’re also extremely expensive, sometimes costing as much as $200 per wrap! Here’s an inexpensive, do it yourself wrap that you can do in the comfort of your own home.
This isn’t a mess-free home spa project, in fact, it can get rather messy, but it’s also kind of fun. The gauze can be purchased at the dollar store for (you guessed it!) a dollar! I prefer the 4″ size because it covers more area. You’ll need 1 roll per area you want to treat, 1 for each thigh, 1 for your stomach, 1 for each arm, etc. We do not recommend ever wrapping the face or neck.
How do they help you lose Weight?
Body wraps have been around for centuries, but they don’t actually help you lose weight. They can help you appear to have lost inches, but this effect is temporary due to the constriction. The only real way to lose weight is with diet and exercise. Wraps work by extracting toxins from your cells, reportedly by opening the pores and allowing the toxins to seep out. Whether or not these claims are true, a body wrap can make you feel like you’ve spent the day at a spa!
Several Rolls of Gauze
Plastic Wrap/Saran Wrap
Spa Wrap Mix #1
1 cup of epsom Salts
4 cups very hot water
25 drops Juniper Essential Oil
5 Drops White Camphor Essential Oilor 5 drops Lemon Oil
1/4 c. Aloe Vera Gel
1 tsp Vitamin E oil
In a large bowl, Dissolve the epsom salts in the hot water. Add the Juniper essential oil (not Fragrance oil), aloe and vitamin E oil, stirring the water to mix well. Drop the entire roll of gauze into the spa water. Allow it to soak in. Standing in the bath or shower, wrap the soaked gauze firmly around the area you wish to treat. You’ll need to do this quickly, you want the mixture to stay hot. In order to secure it into place and keep it warm, wrap the treated area with saran wrap or other plastic wrap.
Repeat until you’ve wrapped all areas that you wish to treat. Once you’ve successfully wrapped yourself, leave this on for about 30 minutes.
Clay Wrap: *Bulk herbs can usually be found at your local health food store, natural foods store or co-op.
Combine all the ingredients, apply to the skin, wrap tightly with gauze and then plastic wrap.
Remember to drink lots of water before, during and after the wrap! Your body cannot get rid of toxins without ample hydration.
Why Wrapping Your Stomach in Plastic Wrap to Lose Weight Is a Really Bad Idea
Wrapping your stomach in plastic wrap to lose weight is not only ineffective, it’s also potentially dangerous. Here’s what you should know, plus tips on how to lose that belly fat for real.
Alongside fat burners and waist trainers, wrapping your stomach in plastic wrap is one of those not-so-scientific methods that’s rumored to help you lose weight fast and with minimal effort.
However, while binding your stomach (or any part of your body) in plastic during exercise will definitely cause you to sweat, it won’t increase your calorie burn or boost fat loss. Plus, it can lead to dangerous conditions like dehydration 1.
While quick-fix weight-loss methods are certainly appealing, they won’t help you keep the weight off for long. Instead, introduce some healthy exercise and eating habits that are sustainable for you long-term — your body will thank you!
Read more: 10 of the Most Common Weight-Loss Mistakes
The Dangers of Excessive Sweating
Not only is excessive sweating unhelpful when it comes to weight loss, but it can lead to dehydration, according to the Mayo Clinic 1. Dehydration occurs when you lose more fluids than you take in, meaning your body doesn’t have enough water to carry out its normal functions 1. This condition can compromise your body’s ability to cool itself, affecting your capacity to perform physically, according to the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). It can also cause fatigue, dizziness and confusion, and can lead to more serious complications, such as:
- kidney problems
- life-threatening heatstroke
Safe (and Effective!) Weight-Loss Practices
For safe and long-term fat loss, stick to the basics: diet and exercise. While quick-fix techniques may sound more appealing, they will often set you back and leave you feeling discouraged. Instead, give your body the healthy treatment it deserves and spend at least 75 minutes each week performing aerobic exercise, recommends the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services 4. And don’t neglect strength training; try to spend at least two days a week in the weight room.
Alongside exercise, a healthy diet and safe, sustainable calorie deficit is necessary for fat loss. Use a calorie counter, such as MyPlate, to help you determine how many calories you need to consume. Typically, cutting out 500 to 1,000 calories each day is considered safe, according to the Mayo Clinic 15. A pound of fat consists of 3,500 calories, so with a deficit of 500 calories per day, you can expect to lose a pound per week.
As far as the substance of your meals, choose foods that are high in nutrients and high in fiber. Protein-rich foods like chicken, fish and eggs will also help ward off hunger, according to Harvard Health 7.
Read more: The Ultimate Guide to Fat Loss
Body wraps touted to help with weight loss seem to be everywhere lately: These treatments fill up spa menus and clog Instagram feeds as celebs prep for big events, looking like snug burritos lounging on spa tables or in colorfully lit saunas. But what even are body wraps, and are they actually a legit way to lose weight? The answer: It’s complicated.
To start, spa and wellness locales offer all different types of body wraps, and the (alleged) benefits related to weight loss and/or your overall health may vary depending on the specific treatment. Many spots do body wraps as a full-body treatment, though you can get wraps for specific areas, like the tummy or thighs, at some wellness joints.
One popular type is herbal body wraps, which may start with an exfoliating scrub before a spa therapist puts herbal or botanical oils/creams/moisturizers on your skin and wraps you tightly with warm towels or thermal blankets to help the products absorb into the skin. Some spas claim this type of body wrap can help reduce cellulite, tighten and detoxify the skin, and help you lose inches.
Or, you may come across heat body wraps that involve the application of a topical heat cream, followed by you getting wrapped up in plastic or another non-breathable fabric. The idea behind this one is that you’ll sweat, and in turn, lose weight and cinch your waist (or whatever body part you get wrapped).
Some proponents go even more high-tech with an infrared body wrap, which is kind of like burrito-ing in an infrared sauna. Basically, you’re wrapped up in a heavy blanket and placed under infrared light, which is said to boost circulation, improve metabolism, rid the body of toxins, and make you sweat to lose weight.
As you can see, there are lots of different iterations of this treatment. But let’s get back to the Big Question:
Can any of these body wraps actually help you lose weight?
Like with any wellness fads, if the claims sound too good to be true, they probably are—and it’s really no different with body wraps for weight loss.
Here’s the thing: Body wraps could make you appear thinner and may even cause you to lose a few pounds, but it will all be temporary weight loss from losing water weight, says Women’s Health advisory board expert Keri Peterson, MD. Chug water afterward, and you’ll soon realize the results are fleeting.
“Body wraps don’t burn fat, but they may cause temporary, localized tightening and dehydration,” Dr. Peterson says. “Any weight lost is water weight and it’s temporary, probably only lasting a day or two.” Wraps that contain herbal products may also plump the skin and reduce the appearance of cellulite, but again, it’s only a temporary effect, she says.
Still, Dr. Peterson says, body wraps are safe to try if you want to, as long as you keep a few things in mind.
Because body wraps are often dehydrating because they cause you to sweat a lot, it’s important to drink plenty of water before, during (if possible), and after your body wrap treatment.
And if products are being applied during your treatment, make sure they don’t contain any herbs or ingredients that you’re allergic or sensitive to, or you could end up with a rash. You’ll also want to steer clear of heated or infrared body wraps if you have any heart conditions, Dr. Peterson cautions.
“Know your limits, and if you feel uncomfortable, light-headed, or dizzy, say something and end the treatment,” she says.
And don’t fall for any at-home wrap products that encourage you to walk around in all day or work out while wearing a wrap (like a “waist trainer”), she says. “You can’t get a full breath with these on,” she notes, and they’re not worth that potential danger of working out with something constricting you or further dehydrating you.
The bottom line: If you enjoy treating yourself to body wraps and they feel soothing and relaxing for you, go ahead and enjoy them from time to time. But know that body wraps are only a quick fix that could be uncomfortable and dehydrating.
Kristin Canning Kristin Canning is the health editor at Women’s Health, where she assigns, edits and reports on emerging health research and technology, women’s health conditions, psychology, mental health, wellness entrepreneurs, and the intersection of health and culture for both print and digital.
Rumor has it that all infrared body wraps produce the same results and the main benefit is weight loss, you just lose some water weight and become dehydrated in the process… right?! Well, not exactly.
While speaking with business owners, consumers and industry experts we have heard your questions and have put together this list of misconceptions to provide some real information on infrared and it’s many benefits. So, let’s clear up some of the gossips you may have seen while browsing the web.
1. Are they are all Infrared Body Wraps the same?
Throughout the past decade, several companies have tried their hand at creating an infrared body wrap. There are two types of wraps, wraps created for home use and wraps that are commercial grade. Some of these wraps cover the entire body, some only treat specific areas, and some wraps that claim to be commercial grade may not be. Engineering, materials used and safety components have a lot to do with what makes an effective infrared body wrap, and the quality and functionality of the wrap will set it apart from others.
2. Is it true that you only lose water weight during a session?
About 65% of the human body is made up of water. During an infrared session, the body’s core temperature is raised, which stimulates sweat production and allows the body to release toxins, fats through the sweat glands. Hydration is incredibly important because we need water not only to survive but also to produce sweat. Getting your glisten on while sweating at the gym or on a run is also important, but the key to a successful infrared session is, well, the infrared. By penetrating approximately 1.5 inches into the body, infrared can promote the release of toxins, fats, and cholesterol that is not replaced when you rehydrate. During an infrared session the body can release up to 20% fats and toxins, this is in comparison to about 3-5% released during traditional exercise. And this is one of the major differences between infrared wraps and traditional wraps. Infrared can provide results for clients that other wraps cannot.
3. Will they cause dehydration?
Picking up where we left off in misconception number two. If the body is dehydrated, it’s possible that sweat will not be produced. And yes, the process of sweating is removing water from the body but an infrared wrap will not dehydrate you any more than an intense workout because let’s face it, any sweat-inducing activity will require H20 to replenish the body! Consuming water before, during and after each session is necessary. It is recommended to drink more water than you might normally drink to see optimal results if a session is executed correctly the client will have consumed more water than usual and this will allow them to sweat without feeling parched. Keep in mind; it’s important to continue hydrating after each session as the body continues to flush metabolized fats and toxins.
4. Infrared is not natural
We experience infrared each day, 54% of the sun’s output is infrared and all warm-blooded animals, including humans, emit it. Done and done!
5.What about safety?
Body treatments should be safe, effective and enjoyable. Infrared heat itself is safe; so safe that it is used in the NICU for premature babies. We cannot speak for each infrared body wrap out there when it comes to safety features, but this is why it’s important to do your research! The materials, sensors, and temperatures generated by the FIT Bodywrap System have been vigorously tested to ensure safe use. Do note, body wrap equipment is a wear and tear item and will need to be replaced periodically to provide the expected results. Think light bulbs or tires on your car, you wouldn’t drive a car with bald tires, right? Make certain you stay on top of replacements, and you’ll be good to go.
6. Aren’t wraps exactly like a sauna?
Infrared saunas and infrared body wraps can absolutely live in the same space in your business. Although both services utilize the power of infrared heat, they are different. A sauna session usually lasts 20 minutes or less as the participant cannot withstand a longer session. Additionally, the infrared waves need to pass through the entirety of the sauna to reach the client’s body. An infrared body wrap session typically lasts about one hour as the participant can relax and breathe room temperature air. Many of the benefits are often seen within the last half hour of the session because it takes the body a bit of time to raise its temperature and begin sweating. Additionally, during a body wrap session, the infrared is a lot closer to the body. Therefore, this enables an infrared body wrap to be significantly more effective than infrared saunas.
7. Is it really possible for benefits to be noticed right away?
This one’s a little tricky, infrared can assist with many wellness benefits, and it is true that it may take multiple sessions to see desired weight loss results. However, benefits such as pain relief and detoxification can be noticed after one session. It’s important to note that everybody is different, although some may share similar results, each infrared session is a truly unique experience. Why? We are all unique! Additionally, the condition of our bodies varies day, by day and more sweat may be produced during one session than another. For example, you and your workout buddy may see different results while doing the same workouts but it doesn’t mean you’re doing it wrong!
8. Does participation in body wrap sessions mean you don’t have to workout or eat healthy meals?
The magical cure?! While this would be fantastic, it’s simply not true. Achieving weight loss and fitness goals is a lifestyle, and we encourage healthy eating, a workout regimen and participating in infrared sessions to see weight loss results.Now, this is not to say that infrared body wraps cannot help with weight loss, they absolutely can, and we hear success stories daily! A one-hour infrared session can simulate a cardio workout, and all we are saying here is that it may take some time to shed those unwanted pounds. It can be challenging to give an exact number of calories burned or inches lost during a session but, sweating does consume calories, and an infrared body wrap session can induce 3-5 times more sweat than exercise alone will produce. Read more here!
9. Sweating has no real health benefits
Sweating it out it is a necessary bodily function. The production of sweat is known for detoxifying, protecting the body from overheating, strengthening the immune system by opening up the pores to purge the body of toxins that can cause pimples, eczema, and rashes. According to the Center for Disease Control, the cause of more than 80% of all illnesses can be found in a person’s environment or lifestyle. Blocked sweat glands can be a medical concern, and some doctors believe it may be caused by hormones or the immune system. Detoxifying through sweat can improve toxicity levels and may be just what the doctor ordered.
Now that’s a wrap!
Infrared can assist with many wellness benefits and people all over the world are experiencing pain relief, detoxification, weight loss & cellulite reduction, skin rejuvenation and relaxation, to name a few! Let us know if you have questions about infrared body wraps that we didn’t answer here, we’re always happy to help.
DIY body wraps are an excellent way to get rid of excess body weight. Body wraps are important to the body for so many reasons. They detox the body, reduce the presence of cellulite and reduce excess body weight.
These DIY body wraps usually contain natural ingredients. They are easy to make at home. They also work wonders like body wraps you get in spas and salons. DIY body wraps are a preferable option because they are less expensive and effective.
Another advantage of using natural homemade body wraps is that they allow you to target the particular area of your body you want to work on.
However, this article will teach you how homemade body wraps can help you lose weight. You will also learn how to make use of DIY body wrap for detoxifying your skin. Lastly, we will discuss the DIY body wrap to get rid of cellulite.
What to Know about Body Wraps
Body wraps contain natural ingredients that remove impurities from your skin, keep it hydrated and re-mineralize your skin. In the words of Dr. Debra Jaliman, you can experience a feeling of relaxation using body wraps (1). They also improve your skin tone.
Dr. Jaliman claims there are several body wraps you can make use of to improve your health. However, we will be discussing these three here:
· Body wraps for detox containing natural ingredients that detoxify your skin.
· Weight loss body wrap that supports the use of tightly-wrapped strips of plastic on an affected area.
· Cellulite wraps that take advantage of herbal ingredients.
DIY Body Wrap for Cellulite, Detox and Weight Loss
You will learn about different homemade body wraps you can use for detox, weight loss, and cellulite disappearance. These body wraps are easy and affordable to make. You can save a lot of money on these wraps.
The ingredients and directions for use of these body wraps are as follows:
1. DIY Body Wraps for Cellulite
You can make use of seaweed powder to get rid of cellulite affecting your skin. Seaweed powder also contains anti-aging properties. A study showed that when you apply seaweed topically, it increases your skin’s elasticity and improves the look (2).
Dr. Melissa Conrad Stöppler suggests that DIY body wraps for cellulite will reduce the retention of fluid in your body and improve the appearance of the parts of your skin affected by cellulite( 3).
DIY Body Wrap Recipe for Cellulite
You can prepare a DIY body wrap for cellulite using these ingredients:
· 1 cup of Seaweed powder
· 2 cups of coffee (warm)
· 3 tablespoons of almond oil
· Pour the ingredients into a glass bowl or a wooden bowl.
· Mix till it turns to a paste.
· Apply to your upper thighs and buttocks to improve cellulite appearance.
· Wrap tightly then relax for about an hour to sweat it out.
· Take a shower to wash off.
· Repeat twice a week for 1 month to tighten your skin and improve the appearance.
2. DIY Body Wrap for Weight Loss
Green tea and bentonite clay powder are two important ingredients of a DIY body wrap for weight loss.
Some studies show that you can use bentonite clay to reduce belly fat effectively especially when combined with exercise. Green tea helps to detoxify your skin and improve its elasticity. It also reduces inflammation.
The question now is does DIY body wrap for weight loss really work? A research by the Journal Integrated Medicine Research proves that body wraps are effective for weight loss. Although combined with aerobic exercise, body wraps for skin tightening aid weight loss.
DIY Body Wraps for Losing Weight, Detox and Getting Rid of Cellulite
DIY Body Wrap Recipe for Weight Loss
You can prepare a DIY body wrap for weight loss using these ingredients:
· 1 cup of Bentonite clay
· 10 drops of lemon essential oil
· 2 cups of green tea powder
· Pour all the ingredients into a bowl
· Mix with a plastic or wooden spoon to a paste till it becomes like a lotion. Do not use a metal spoon because it will react to the bentonite in the mixture.
· Apply to affected areas of your body and use a plastic to wrap tightly.
· Use body wrap twice a week to a till you lose weight in desired areas of your body.
3. DIY Body Wrap for Detox
You can use the combination of apple cider vinegar, essential oils and bentonite to prepare a body wrap for detox.
A review by the Journal International Geology shows us that bentonite clay is anti-microbial in nature(4). Therefore the clay helps to detoxify your skin. Apple cider vinegar also acts as an antiseptic that detoxifies your skin and improves its tone.
You will find evidence on the internet that supports the theory that DIY body wraps aid in getting toxins out of your body. Doctors from WebMD suggest that plastic body wraps are effective for detoxifying your body. Although they have no effect on your kidney and liver, at least there is no evidence backing that for now.
DIY Body Wrap Recipe for Detox
You can prepare a DIY body wrap for detox using these ingredients:
· 1 cup of Bentonite clay
· 8-10 drops of Essential oil
· 1 cup of raw Apple cider vinegar
· Pour the bentonite clay, essential oil and apple cider vinegar into a plastic or wooden bowl and mix.
· Add water to your mixture till it becomes a thick paste.
· Apply paste upon your skin then wrap tightly using a plastic wrap. This will help to detoxify your skin.
· Repeat twice a week till you get desired results.
Apart from these homemade DIY body wraps for detox, weight loss, and cellulite disappearance, you can also purchase a natural lotion. They are a great alternative. For them to work effectively, these lotions should contain the following:
· Kelp, seaweed or mud for getting rid of cellulite.
· Cayenne or bentonite for weight loss.
· Apple cider vinegar, ginger root or fennel seeds for detox.
How to Effectively Use a Homemade Body Wrap
In order to get maximum results from a body wrap, you need to follow some basic steps. These steps are as follows:
· Use natural and ingredients when making your homemade body wraps. These are preferable, more effective and less expensive than organic ones.
· Exfoliate your skin before application of the DIY body wrap for detox, cellulite and weight loss. You should always dispose dead skin cells before making use of a body wrap either for weight loss, detox or getting rid of cellulite. Exfoliating your skin makes the body wrap work better and also improves the appearance of your skin. Exfoliation also helps to renew your skin cells and regenerate your skin. There are a couple of great natural homemade scrubs you can use for exfoliating your skin. An example of these scrubs is the sugar and coconut oil scrub.
Sugar and Coconut oil Scrub Recipe
- 1 cup of organic sugar cane
- 1/4 cup of melted coconut oil
- 10 drops of lime
- 1/4 cup of sweet almond oil.
- 10 drops of lemon
- 10 drops of orange essential oil
- Pour the drops of lime, essential oil and lemon into the mixture and mix.
- You can add 10 drops of lime, essential oil and lemon then mix very well.
- Put in an airtight container.
How to Use the Scrub for Exfoliating Your Skin to Prepare It for a Body Wrap
i. Use warm water to dampen the affected areas of your skin.-
ii. Rub scrub gently on affected areas of your skin making circular movements.
iii. Leave for about 10 minutes then use water to rinse it off.
iv. Use a clean towel to dry your skin.
v. Exfoliate your skin with this scrub 1-2 times every week before applying your body wraps.
· It is important to always wrap tightly using a plastic wrap for effective results.
· After wrapping, you can use a warm blanket to cover yourself or use a heating pad to sweat it out.
· Relax for about an hour so the body wrap has enough time to do its work.
· Remove plastic wraps and take a shower to rinse the mixture off your body.
· The last step of using a natural DIY body wrap for cellulite, detox or weight loss is moisturizing your body.
· Consistency is key! You should use the body wrap of your choice consistently for effective results. Apply these body wraps twice every week for 1 month. This will speed up the effects especially when combined with an exercise routine and/or a diet plan.
Having learned about the DIY body wraps for detox, cellulite and weight loss, these additional tips are also very important. These suggestions also contain some dos and don’ts involved in DIY body wraps for cellulite, detox, and weight loss.
· You can add witch hazel, whole milk or goat’s milk to the mixture you will use to exfoliate your skin. They are effective in exfoliation.
· Apply only a thin layer if you use seaweed or bentonite or preparing your body wraps.
· You can always seek assistance from people around you to assist you in wrapping your body. Your close friends and family can be very useful for this.
· Stay away from unhealthy foods, drinks, and substances even before using the wraps. Avoid things like food containing unhealthy fats, alcohol, caffeine and cigarettes at least 2 days before you start applying the body wrap.
· Drink enough water before you apply any of the DIY body wraps. This will flush out any unwanted toxin in your body.
· Use this treatment at least twice a week every day to achieve best possible results. Or just see your doctor determine how and when to use them.
However, these DIY body wraps for cellulite, detox and weight loss are not compatible with everybody. Pregnant and menstruating women should avoid body wraps because they can affect their health negatively. People also suffering from constipation should stay away from body wraps. Also, people living with any type of disease need their doctors’ advice before using any of the body wraps
(Wraps and packs are staple items on the beauty spa menu. They help to-reduce the appearance of cellulite, boost the circulation, ease painful joints, and improve problem skin.)
The principle of most body wraps is to plaster the skin with ingredients that are high in vitamins, minerals, and essential oils, which are then absorbed through the pores of the skin into the bloodstream and lymphatic system. This absorption is, in most cases, aided by encasing the body in plastic wrap, bandages, or metal foil, which help to keep in the heat and raise the body temperature. Once this occurs, the skin becomes red as the blood rushes to the surface, and the ingredients in the wrap are able to reach the bloodstream more effectively and efficiently.
As the temperature rises, perspiration also occurs, which helps to flush out the toxins and other impurities from the body that are responsible for cellulite, tiredness, problem skin, and water retention. As the pores of the skin dilate, they also become more receptive to the ingredients in the wrap or mask, which can pass into the skin more readily.
(Soak a towel in an infusion of lavender and wrap it around the body to promote perspiration and help expel toxins from the body. Other ways to kick-start a sluggish system include massage and regular exercise.)
(Feel the heat: There are a number of natural ingredients that help to heat up the body and improve circulation, including apple cider vinegar, nutmeg, root ginger, or a blend of cedar-wood, lavender, and grapefruit essential oils. Steep them in hot water, then soak a towel in the water and wrap it around the area of the body you wish to treat.)
Mustard Body Pack Recipe
Mustard is known for its pyre-tic effect on the skin; that is, it causes a rise in temperature. This helps to bring blood to the surface of the skin, thereby increasing the circulation. This mustard pack will relax and relieve tired, aching joints and muscles.
- 2tbsp (30ml) mustard powder
- 8tbsp (120ml) flour
- 2 drops pine essential oil
- 2 drops thyme essential oil
Mix the mustard and flour into a paste with tepid water, adding a little at a time. Add the essential oils and stir well. Place the paste into a folded cloth and heat it by placing it on top of a hot radiator or hot-water bottle.
Apply the pack to the painful area. Leave for 10 minutes, then rinse off and pat dry.
(To make the mustard pack more effective, wrap the treated areas with bandages, plastic wrap, or metal foil, all of which will help to retain heat and induce perspiration.)
We all recognize cellulite, that lumpy, orange-peel skin on the thighs, hips, and buttocks that seems to afflict every woman over the age of 25. Cellulite is actually nodular pockets of fat stored just below the skin. It is caused primarily by poor circulation, which can slow down the elimination of toxins and fluid.
Cellulite may be alleviated if the correct changes to diet and lifestyle are made, such as avoiding tea, coffee, cigarettes, and alcohol. Although cellulite is extremely difficult to shift, spa treatments can help. You will need to drink plenty of water, eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, exfoliate at least once a week to boost circulation to affected areas, and regularly apply some of the body wrap recipes described in this section. In addition, carry out the following spa routine twice a week – or every day if you have time – to achieve a visible and lasting result.
- Direct alternating hot and cold water to the affected area using a powerful shower head. Switch between hot and cold every 30 seconds for five minutes.
- Brush the affected area with a dry natural bristle brush. Always brush in the direction of the heart.
- Rub the skin with sea salt using a sisal mitt. Work in the direction of the heart and make sure that you use light, circular movements.
- Have a warm bath, then massage your body with vitamin E oil to smooth the skin’s texture. Mix 3 drops grapefruit and 3 drops rosemary essential oils with 2tsp (10ml) sweet almond carrier oil. Massage the oil mixture into areas of cellulite.
Strawberry and ginger body wrap recipe
Ginger has a warming effect on the skin and is an excellent circulatory stimulant. Strawberry has cleansing, astringent properties.
(Strawberries, ginger, and kaolin clay powder blended together will work wonders for circulation.)
- 2 ginger roots, each 4in (10cm) long
- 4tbsp (60ml) kaolin clay powder
- 15 large strawberries
Put all of the ingredients into a blender and whiz for a minute. If the mixture is too runny to adhere to the body, add more kaolin powder until you achieve the consistency of a thick paste.
Apply the wrap to areas affected by cellulite or poor circulation, then wrap your body in metal foil. Lie down in a warm room for 15-20 minutes, then rinse off the wrap with warm water. Turn the water to cool for the last 15 seconds, then pat the skin dry.
Slimming wrap recipe
If you are going to a special party and would like to lose a little weight to fit into your favorite party outfit, you can harness the diuretic effect of these natural minerals and essential oils to achieve “instant,” though temporary, inch-loss. The wrap uses elasticized cotton bandages soaked in a warm seaweed and clay solution and acts like a huge poultice, drawing toxins from the body and stimulating fluid expulsion via the body’s own waste disposal process. You will need sufficient bandages to bind each leg from ankle to thigh. For maximum benefit, exfoliate first.
- 3oz (85g) concentrated, dried, micronized seaweed powder
- 3oz (85g) Fuller’s earth powder
- 8tbsp (120ml) lime juice
- 1tbsp (15ml) sweet almond oil
- 1/2tsp (2.5ml) clear honey
- 4 drops sandalwood essential oil
- 2 drops rosemary essential oil
- 2 drops lavender essential oil
Mix the seaweed powder and Fuller’s earth with the lime juice to make a paste. Add a little water if necessary. Stir in the almond oil and essential oils and mix well. Add a little warm water to thin the paste into a fluid consistency. Soak the bandages in the warm seaweed and clay solution.
Starting at the ankles, wind the soaked bandages around your legs. Pull them taut enough to compress the fatty tissues, but not uncomfortably tight. Lie down in a warm room for 45 minutes, then remove and discard the bandages and shower off the seaweed and clay mixture.