This report about the Ello Pure BPA-Free Glass Water answers these questions
• Is there a flip-cap available for this bottle?
• How large is the opening?
• What is the mouth diameter? I am wanting to use our blender balls in glass bottles, since the protein shakes make the plastic smell nasty. thanks!
• Are you supposed to keep the silicone sleeve on it when you wash it?
• Have the silicone sleeves held up well after putting the bottles in the dishwasher? How about the covers?
• Are there dimensions on just the silicone sleeve?
• Glass and silicone are both microwave safe. So why can’t you use this in the microwave?
• When you put it in the dishwasher, do you take the rubber off of the body of the bottle?
• Do you leave the silicone sleeve on in the dishwasher and if so, no problems with mold underneath the sleeve?
• Will it break if I put hot water in for my tea?
• Is the silicone sleeve removable for cleaning? Also, how many ounces does it hold?
• Can it intended for hot water?thanks
• Is the cap one solid piece of plastic or does it have a rubber washer inside?
• This price includes the glass water bottle AND the pink silicone sleeve?
• Can you take the silicone sleeve off?
• Where is this product made?
• Is the lid also bpa-free? no statement about that
• If I put it in the ice box will the sleeve be ok?
• Can this bottle be used for hot water/coffee?
• How wide is the mouth on the Ello Pure bottle?
• Does the cap of the bottle smell after it has been washed? Some reviews say that it does, but I’m not sure if that is right away or after washing.
• Hi. The cap broke. Can I buy only a cap from your store?
• Dishwasher safe?
• Can I use the bootle for hot water?
• Is this bottle heavy? How much does it weigh approximately?
• Does this bottle fit in the cup holder of your car? Thank you!
• Do I have to remove the silicone sleeve before the bottle goes in the dishwasher?
• Will it fit into the average car cup-holder?
• Is it made in the USA?
• Does this water bottle work well with essential oils?
• Does this fit in a standard cup holder?
• Does the silicone sleeve pick up stains?
• Do I take the sleeve off before washing it in the dishwasher?
• Do the Lifefactory lids fit on this?
• I noticed in one of the pictures it said made in china. Was the whole thing made in china or just the case? Is it lead free?
• Does the sleeve protect the glass from breaking?
• Will the lid still screw on tight if I don’t use the sleeve? I have the flip top version but the lid doesn’t stay closed if I don’t use the sleeve.
• Does this have a screw on/off lid to drink water? Or is it a flip lid? Or straw?
• Can I wash this on the bottom rack? It’s way too tall to wash on the top rack of my dishwasher. The notes say “dishwasher perfect”…
• Where is the glass made?
• Will this fit in a standard size car cup holder?
• Is the lid BPA free?
• Why is this listed as weighing.5 pounds in the comparison chart and 1.13 pounds in the product description above? How much does this actually weigh?
• Can you use this for hot water like tea?
• Can this bottle hold hot water or coffee?
• What is the diameter of the opening? (measure across thanks)
• I would like to know if the ring on inside is silicone?
• Can you freeze liquids in this bottle?
• Is the lid plastic?
• Can we freeze the bottle?
• Is the mouth wide enough to fit a blender ball through? (the mixer ball inside blender bottles to mix protein powder)
• Where is this bottle made?
• Is this made from borosilicate glass?
QUESTION: IS THERE A FLIP-CAP AVAILABLE FOR THIS BOTTLE?
• Yes there A few options
• Not that I have noticed. Lid screws on.
• I believe so.
• Ello Syndicate BPA-Free Glass Water Bottle with Flip Lid, Grey, 20 oz. Here is a link to the grey one. They have pink in a 2 pack. but i am not sure about individual.
• Not on this model.
• The cap that came with the bottle is a screw on type. I would doubt that you could buy a separate flip type cap.
• Yes. After doing a search for “Ello with flip top lid”, it revealed bottles that come with flip top lids as well as flip top lids that are sold seperately. They are a push button design and come in different colors. If you already have an Ello bottle make sure you order a flip top lid designed for the thread style of your bottle. If you have not purchased the bottle yet, I would recommend going with the bottle that has the two shorter disconnect threads with the taller neck. I believe that would help solve one of the problems I do not like about the bottle, in which when I go to drink from the bottle it drips on me often times. It seems to be because of the threads. Also it appears it would be more comfortable to drink from.
QUESTION: HOW LARGE IS THE OPENING?
• 3 1/2 cm 1 1/4 in.
• about an 1 1/2 inches
• It’s as large as the bottle. You need to remove the whole top in order to drink from it.
• It is large enough (as mentioned in previous answers), you better be careful when drinking from the bottle or you could end up pouring the water on yourself.
QUESTION: WHAT IS THE MOUTH DIAMETER? I AM WANTING TO USE OUR BLENDER BALLS IN GLASS BOTTLES, SINCE THE PROTEIN SHAKES MAKE THE PLASTIC SMELL NASTY. THANKS!
• 1 1/4 inch measured with a steel ruler. The Blender Ball will not fit. I can’t slide some ice cubes in the top if I fill the tray sections too high. If it was much bigger it would be awkward to drink out of for a travel glass, but you could always make your shakes in the Blender Ball and then pour them in the Ello. If you have a Target, go check them out on the shelf. I like the glass aspect, but also that they fit in my car cup holder.
• Don’t have a tape measure but would guess 1 1/4 “. I don’t think it will work for 2 reasons: the ball will get stuck inside if it even fits and you’ll have real trouble thoroughly cleaning the bottle.
• It is 1 3/8″ wide
• Not sure honestly….but I really love mine especially when I am on the go…it is alittle heavy , but so are most glass water bottles. I like that it doesn’t create any after tastes of water like some of the metal ones do. It’s a really good deal as well.
• I honestly have no idea where this bottle is to measure it. The opening is pretty wide, a small hand could fit through it. This bottle is extremely heavy and awkward to carry.
QUESTION: ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO KEEP THE SILICONE SLEEVE ON IT WHEN YOU WASH IT?
• I always wash it with it on. Let it soak if you are worried about cleaning it thoroughly.
• I washed it in the dishwasher with the sleeve on and it was fine. I think that it’s written on the bottom of the sleeve that it’s suitable for dishwasher
QUESTION: HAVE THE SILICONE SLEEVES HELD UP WELL AFTER PUTTING THE BOTTLES IN THE DISHWASHER? HOW ABOUT THE COVERS?
• A few months after I bought it, it fell on the floor and shattered! I only put the glass bottle in the dishwater and hand washed the top and the sleeve as needed. One time the silicone sleeve ripped when I was pulling it back on the bottle. It still went on the bottle, but just had a rip in it.
• Sorry for the delay in responding. I was on vacation. The answer is moderately. They lasted about 1 year and then the glue detached. I usually hand wash them and occasionally (very) put them in dishwash for a short period…not full cycle
• I wash it by hand, but I think you could probably take them off if you needed to.
• I can’t answer that since I don’t use a dishwasher, sorry.
• We don’t put it in the dishwasher but wash it by hand.
• Yes! Both have held up really well. I have owned the bottle for about 2 months, and I put it through the dishwasher weekly (I only use it for water) the color has stayed vibrant and there is no evidence of any wear.
QUESTION: ARE THERE DIMENSIONS ON JUST THE SILICONE SLEEVE?
• I measured it while it was on the bottle – the bottom is 2 3/4 inches across and the length from the top to the bottom is 8 1/2 inches roughly.
• It fits snug on the bottle, so the dimensions of the sleeve are the same if not close to the bottle itself.
QUESTION: GLASS AND SILICONE ARE BOTH MICROWAVE SAFE. SO WHY CAN’T YOU USE THIS IN THE MICROWAVE?
• The bottle itself says Top Rack Dishwasher Safe…The silicone cover, can easily soften and become distorted, plus the bottle is too tall for most microwaves, this would require you to put the lid on, and lay the bottle on it’s side. Inside the lid is a rubber gasket to keep the bottle from leaking, the heat from the microwave may also damage the gasket. These are a fewing reasons why, I am guessing, that they say that it is not Microwave Safe.
• I’m not sure if the silicone is microwave safe. I believe there is different kind of silicone. I’m not a chemist. Here is my guess. The silicone wrap around the glass bottle. You put in a microwave to hear it up. The two materials probably expand and contract at different rate. Meaning they don’t expand equally. In that case, if the glass expand more, it could the silicone. If the silicone expand more, the glass bottle becomes loose. That’s my guess. I will stick with the manufacturer guideline and won’t put in microwave.
QUESTION: WHEN YOU PUT IT IN THE DISHWASHER, DO YOU TAKE THE RUBBER OFF OF THE BODY OF THE BOTTLE?
• I haven’t had to yet but it doesn’t look like it comes off so I’ll guess not.
• I wash it by hand…
• Hello from Ello! No need to remove the silicone sleeve for cleaning – we recommend leaving it on.
QUESTION: DO YOU LEAVE THE SILICONE SLEEVE ON IN THE DISHWASHER AND IF SO, NO PROBLEMS WITH MOLD UNDERNEATH THE SLEEVE?
• I hand wash my with the sleeve on so I cannot answer the question about dishwasher, however I would not take it off anyway. It is too much effort to put the sleeve on after removing it.
• I wash mine by hand and let air dry, so far no problem with mold. I would suggest that you remove it every so often to allow the entire sleeve to dry.
• no i don’t leave the sleeve on and i was hand washing by using the brush. Sorry I did not wash anything with dish washer. My husband build the house 25 years ago and we are old fashion house not have dish washer.
• Hello from Ello! No need to remove the silicone sleeve for cleaning, we suggest leaving it on! You should not have any problems with mold from washing in the dishwasher.
QUESTION: WILL IT BREAK IF I PUT HOT WATER IN FOR MY TEA?
• I put hot tea in it but then I added ice. It didn’t break, but I wouldn’t use it for hot drinks.
• Hi Daniela. I haven’t tried hot water. I believe the directions said not to use hot water in this bottle.
• I put a spoon in it and it does not crack
QUESTION: IS THE SILICONE SLEEVE REMOVABLE FOR CLEANING? ALSO, HOW MANY OUNCES DOES IT HOLD?
• Yes, you can remove the sleeve (with a bit of effort). The capacity is 20 ounces. It looks like it should maybe hold more, but the glass is fairly thick.
• I have always put mine in the top of the dishwasher and it comes out clean without having to try and take the sleeve off. I don’t think the sleeve would go back on if you took it off. It holds 20 oz.
• Hastherage is correct. I just received this product in the mail and washed it before my first use. The sleeve is removable. It was a pain in the butt to put it back on, but I’d rather do that than risk mold growing between the silicone and the glass.
• I don’t think so. I just put mine in the dishwasher and it comes out just fine.
• No it’s not a removable sleeve. 20 oz
QUESTION: CAN IT INTENDED FOR HOT WATER?THANKS
• It would be hot to hold- it isn’t insulated.
• It’s thick glass- I pour hot green tea into it every am and then let it cool off so I can drink it cold
• If you want it hot like coffee no, I would get a thermos. This glass will handle hot but not keep it hot.
QUESTION: IS THE CAP ONE SOLID PIECE OF PLASTIC OR DOES IT HAVE A RUBBER WASHER INSIDE?
• It looks like a silicone washer in the top of the lid.
• It did have a little rubber washer inside. The pieces that consistently broke though were the edges around the washer and the part that grips the mouth of the bottle. The plastic just can’t take the pressure from the glass.
• There is a rubber washer inside. It’s fits very snuggly into the cap.
• It has a washer, but it may be a separate plastic one. Doesn’t appear to be rubber.
• It does have a rubber washer inside so it does not leak at all.
• it has a gasket
• there is a rubber washer inside-didnt even notice it until asked..
• It has a rubber piece that is not really removable from the lid.
QUESTION: THIS PRICE INCLUDES THE GLASS WATER BOTTLE AND THE PINK SILICONE SLEEVE?
• Yes. I don’t really think you can remove the sleeve easily. It’s really nice!
• Yes, it does.
• Yes it does.
• Hello from Ello! Yes indeed – the glass bottle, lid and silicone sleeve come together.
QUESTION: CAN YOU TAKE THE SILICONE SLEEVE OFF?
• It seems that you can but I’m not sure how easy it would be to put it back on if you wanted to.
• It is certainly possible, but not something I would do on a regular basis as it is not an easy process.
• Yes you can. I never do thought. I put the whole thing in the dish washer.
• Yes. I take mine off easily before putting it in the dishwasher
• I never tried, until just now. Hadn’t thought about it. Sleeve comes off easily, little harder to get back on though. Lol Will definitely be taking the sleeve off every once in a while to clean under there.
• No, you can’t?
• Hello from Ello! Yes – the silicone sleeve is removable.
QUESTION: WHERE IS THIS PRODUCT MADE?
• Like most of the products sold in US, this one is also made in China 🙂
• The silicone sleeve is made in china but I did not find any markings on the glass
• Eli sticker on bottom says made in China.
• The label on the packaging says it is made in China
QUESTION: IS THE LID ALSO BPA-FREE? NO STATEMENT ABOUT THAT
• Hello, I recommend you going to Ello’s website for further information. They list the details for each product under each product you can purchase. According to their website on 9/11/15 regarding their Pure bottles: “All parts certified BPA, phthalates, PVC, lead and cadmium free” “Material: BPA-free, lead-free soda lime glass, plastic, FDA food-grade silicone” I recommend anyone reading this response to double check the company’s website to verify the information stated in this response.
• Hello from Ello! Yes – all parts of our bottles (bottle, sleeve and lid) are free of BPA/BPS.
QUESTION: IF I PUT IT IN THE ICE BOX WILL THE SLEEVE BE OK?
• Yes mine was!!!
• I haven’t tried freezing the bottles. I don’t see why not.
• Wasn’t a problem for mine.
• Hello from Ello! We do not recommend freezing our bottles. The water inside may expand, causing the glass to break.
QUESTION: CAN THIS BOTTLE BE USED FOR HOT WATER/COFFEE?
• Hello from Ello! We recommend our bottles for cold beverages only. They are made of soda lime glass, which is strong but not impervious to rapid temperature change. The glass may break when hit with hot or boiling water.
• Yup, the inside is all glass, and should be able to store as hot of a liquid as you like. It’s not a thermos by any means, but I’ve used it to drink hot tea before.
• I wouldn’t use it for anything hot although you probably could.
• Since it is glass I would think it could hold hot water or coffee. But I would be careful about getting boiling water on the sleeve.
QUESTION: HOW WIDE IS THE MOUTH ON THE ELLO PURE BOTTLE?
• 1 1/2 inches.
• It’s 1-1/2″
• It is 1.5 inches
• It is wide enough to fit ice cubes with out a problem.
• The mouth has a diameter of about 1 inch. It’s about the same size as one of the large gatorade bottles.
QUESTION: DOES THE CAP OF THE BOTTLE SMELL AFTER IT HAS BEEN WASHED? SOME REVIEWS SAY THAT IT DOES, BUT I’M NOT SURE IF THAT IS RIGHT AWAY OR AFTER WASHING.
• I have not noticed it smelling yet. I have been using it for few weeks and washing it daily.
• I hand wash it all everytime zi use and it never smells bad.
• No mine did not smell. I personally wished I had gotten the smaller size as it is less tippy . Keep in mind that it is heavier than plastic and I think the smaller size is more functional.
• I haven´t detected any smells in mine (and that was my main issue with plastic bottles), and I drink from it a lot!
QUESTION: HI. THE CAP BROKE. CAN I BUY ONLY A CAP FROM YOUR STORE?
• Yes, you can replace the cap. Just search on Amazon for Ello Pure Lid. I actually found a flip top lid by doing that which I prefer over the handle.
• Sorry I don’t know I never experienced this problem.
QUESTION: DISHWASHER SAFE?
• On the actual product it reads, “top rack dishwasher safe.” So you should be fine. However (and this is just my preference) I probably will rarely wash these via dishwasher, just because it’s easier for me to wash it really quickly at the sink (since I use them every day). But they’re super sturdy so you should be fine 🙂
• I have not washed it in the dishwasher but it says it is. I usually just hand wash them with a baby bottle brush. I only run my dishwasher every few days but I wouldn’t hesitate to put it in there.
QUESTION: CAN I USE THE BOOTLE FOR HOT WATER?
• Hot is fine, but I wouldn’t use boiling water
• No it is made for cold water use only.
• Hello from Ello! Our Pure bottle is recommended for cold beverages only. The glass may crack when hit with hot or boiling water.
QUESTION: IS THIS BOTTLE HEAVY? HOW MUCH DOES IT WEIGH APPROXIMATELY?
• Not heavy. But I would NOT recommend buying it because the top glass rim broke after using a few times. Buy one from lifefactory. I’ve had mine for 2 years use it daily & it still looks brand new! Hasn’t broke yet!
• Empty it weighs 1.25 lbs (filled with water about 2.5 lbs). It is very comfortable to hold. Hope that helps
• I think about a pound and a half or two pounds?
• The empty bottle weighs about 1.2 lbs and filled with water filled almost to the top is about 2.5 lbs. Hope this helps
QUESTION: DOES THIS BOTTLE FIT IN THE CUP HOLDER OF YOUR CAR? THANK YOU!
• YES!!! Love It!
• I have 3 different cup holder sizes in the front of my car. It fits in the middle and large sized ones (so I’d say a standard cup holder SHOULD hold it).
QUESTION: DO I HAVE TO REMOVE THE SILICONE SLEEVE BEFORE THE BOTTLE GOES IN THE DISHWASHER?
• I do just to preserve the silicone sleeve. I put it in a cup of soap and hot water a long with the cap. But you can deffinitaly put it in the dish washer
• No, it is top shelf safe. My did fine in the dishwasher.
• No. I always put mine on the top rack with the silicone sleve. Overall I prefer to hand wash. I am just not sure how well the water actually sprays inside the bottle during the wash cycle.
• No you do not,dishwasher is ok on top rack.but i hand wash my.
QUESTION: WILL IT FIT INTO THE AVERAGE CAR CUP-HOLDER?
• Yes. This one is skinner than a lot I’ve seen. It should fit without any issues!!
• Yes, it does.
• Yes it fits
• Yes it will! This bottle is amazing
• It fits in mine.
QUESTION: IS IT MADE IN THE USA?
• The Rubber Cover is made in China…not sure about the Glass Bottle
• Greetings from Ello! Thanks so much for contacting us with your excellent question. Our bottles and their components are made in China. For quality assurance all of our products and components are inspected by Bureau Veritas, one of the most reputable global leaders in conformity assessment and certification services and were certified to be free of harmful leaching chemicals like BPA, phthalates, PVC, polycarbonate, lead, cadmium Best regards, Jordan
QUESTION: DOES THIS WATER BOTTLE WORK WELL WITH ESSENTIAL OILS?
• Yes, because it’s glass. I put lemon, or lime or grapefruit in mine all the time. Enjoy!
• Use your oils with caution, they can eat away at the seal in the lid.
QUESTION: DOES THIS FIT IN A STANDARD CUP HOLDER?
• yes it does.
• I have smaller cup holders and it doesn’t fit in mine.
• Yes. I put it in my car’s cup holder all the time.
• Yes it does. These bottles are wonderful! We froze 2″ of water in several of them and they did shatter when we walked in the heat. But adding ice to the bottles and cold water isn’t an issue at all. We love our bottles and Amazon makes then affordable.
• Hello from Ello! Yes – our Pure water bottle is car cup friendly. It should fit in most car cup holders.
QUESTION: DOES THE SILICONE SLEEVE PICK UP STAINS?
• So far, mine has not!
• Hello from Ello! The sleeve is made of FDA food-grade silicone and should repel any stains.
• Yes it picks up dirt, but it washes off easily
QUESTION: DO I TAKE THE SLEEVE OFF BEFORE WASHING IT IN THE DISHWASHER?
• I’m almost positive the sleeve doesn’t come off
• I do. There is a potential for mold growth after time (learned from experience). It allows the area to breathe.
• I am not sure that it is even possible to remove and re-wrap the silicone cover. The entire bottle and cap are machine washable. Silicone can be heated up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, I believe!
• No, the sleeve stays on it. It’s a very good bottle.
QUESTION: DO THE LIFEFACTORY LIDS FIT ON THIS?
• I honestly do not know if they do. Sorry I could not help.
• I do not know. I would like another lid that works and doesn’t have to be unscrewed when I am exercising.
QUESTION: I NOTICED IN ONE OF THE PICTURES IT SAID MADE IN CHINA. WAS THE WHOLE THING MADE IN CHINA OR JUST THE CASE? IS IT LEAD FREE?
• http://thingsicantsay.com/does-your-drinking-glass-contain-lead/ I guess the logo can possibly –30% from China do
• I’m sure the entire thing was made in China otherwise it would say. It’s made of glass – does glass have lead in it ? I doubt it
• Pure glass. I don’t think it was made in China. Great for essential oils and water
QUESTION: DOES THE SLEEVE PROTECT THE GLASS FROM BREAKING?
• It’s suppose to, but I’ve never dropped it. The glass is pretty thick and the sleeve seem to cover the glass pretty well.
• Yes it does. Very durable
QUESTION: WILL THE LID STILL SCREW ON TIGHT IF I DON’T USE THE SLEEVE? I HAVE THE FLIP TOP VERSION BUT THE LID DOESN’T STAY CLOSED IF I DON’T USE THE SLEEVE.
• yes the sleeve is just decoration
• Hello from Ello! Please note, the flip top and carry loop lids are not interchangeable.
• The lid does screw on tight, I have not used it w/o the sleeve yet. But 1 out of 3 that I bought, the glass completely broke off below the screw top.
QUESTION: DOES THIS HAVE A SCREW ON/OFF LID TO DRINK WATER? OR IS IT A FLIP LID? OR STRAW?
• The lid screws on and off.
• It’s a screw on top. I am not a fan of a built in straw it’s hard to clean
QUESTION: CAN I WASH THIS ON THE BOTTOM RACK? IT’S WAY TOO TALL TO WASH ON THE TOP RACK OF MY DISHWASHER. THE NOTES SAY "DISHWASHER PERFECT"…
• I haven’t tried that yet, but i think it would be fine. Very sturdy glass.
• I don’t think the silicone sleeve would be dishwasher safe…only the glass.
• I’ve washed mine on the bottom rack a few times and it’s been perfectly fine. I keep the silicone cover on and all.
QUESTION: WHERE IS THE GLASS MADE?
• I would presume China as the bottom of the bottle (the silicone portion) says, “made in China.” And lists the bottle size.
QUESTION: WILL THIS FIT IN A STANDARD SIZE CAR CUP HOLDER?
• Yes, it fits in my 2014 Chevy 3/4 truck & 2006 Jeep Wrangler cup holders. My daughter drives a Ford truck, fit in her cup holders also. I’m pretty sure it fit in my friend’s Nissan Altima cup holders too.
• Yes, it does mine.
• Yes, it fits in mine in my car.
• Hello from Ello! Yes – this bottle is sized to fit in most car cup holders.
QUESTION: IS THE LID BPA FREE?
• I’m really not sure.
• Good question. I wish I knew.
• Hello from Ello! Yes – the lid is BPA free.
QUESTION: WHY IS THIS LISTED AS WEIGHING.5 POUNDS IN THE COMPARISON CHART AND 1.13 POUNDS IN THE PRODUCT DESCRIPTION ABOVE? HOW MUCH DOES THIS ACTUALLY WEIGH?
• I’m not sure, but it is very light. I can toss it into my purse, and I also take it to the gym with no problems. I take it everywhere.
• I’d say it’s 1.13lbs, I love mine though. It is super light and I bring mine everywhere.
QUESTION: CAN YOU USE THIS FOR HOT WATER LIKE TEA?
• Yes, but it won’t keep hot for long!!
• Sorry, the tag says not for hot drinks.
QUESTION: CAN THIS BOTTLE HOLD HOT WATER OR COFFEE?
• Never tried! But it is glass it will take on the temperature of whatever liquid it holds. Mine get warm sitting in the car for too long so it would be hot to the touch.
• I would imagine so because it’s just a glass bottle.
• Yes! It can hold everything and anything. It is also dishwasher safe, so is truly universal.
QUESTION: WHAT IS THE DIAMETER OF THE OPENING? (MEASURE ACROSS THANKS)
• It’s about 1-1/2 inches across
QUESTION: I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THE RING ON INSIDE IS SILICONE?
• There is a seal in the cap that looks like silicone or rubber.
• I am not quite sure where you mean, but the entire container is glass. The lid is hard plastic of some kind, with one rubbery ring in the very top to help seal. It is about 1/4″ wide and sits on top of the glass opening when the lid is on.
QUESTION: CAN YOU FREEZE LIQUIDS IN THIS BOTTLE?
• No I wouldn’t recommend it
QUESTION: IS THE LID PLASTIC?
• yes but it is BPA free
• Yes. Soft plastic web to prevent breaking the glass container. Lid is hard plastic. Bottle is glass.
• Yes it is a harder plastic. I purchased some 12 inch reusable and bendable straws and use them in it. I just fold them down replace the lid and carry. I like these water bottles
QUESTION: CAN WE FREEZE THE BOTTLE?
• Nope. Its a glass bottle.. It may break..
• No. It cracks
QUESTION: IS THE MOUTH WIDE ENOUGH TO FIT A BLENDER BALL THROUGH? (THE MIXER BALL INSIDE BLENDER BOTTLES TO MIX PROTEIN POWDER)
• No! My ice cubes barely fit into the mouth of the bottle! That is the only thing I don’t like about the bottle!
• I don’t believe so.
• You could probably cram one through it, but retrieving the ball will be difficult.
QUESTION: WHERE IS THIS BOTTLE MADE?
• Bottom of bottle says china
QUESTION: IS THIS MADE FROM BOROSILICATE GLASS?
• I don’t know its a heavy glass, but I regret buying it because there is an odor from the rubber seal on lid & outside wrap that makes the whole bottle stink I washed it several times and it didn’t go away, also it doesn’t fit ice cubes.
• Hello from Ello! Our Pure bottles are made of soda lime glass.
QUESTION: WHAT IS THE AMAZON ASIN NUMBER FOR THIS PRODUCT?
• The ASIN is B012ZVWO46
Ello Syndicate Glass Water Bottle with Flip Lid, 20 oz
I’ve been wanting one of these bottles for years, after first seeing their kind at a health food store to the tune of $30+. And as much as I favored glass over plastic, I waited. And I guess I sort of forgot, too. Looks like there are a lot of options out there in a much more affordable range!
So, I looked at a bunch, played with them, and ended up picking the Ello Syndicate, for a number of reasons, though there are some things I wish they had/or didn’t. Here are my thoughts:
– Pure taste/ No residual smells: I love the glass bottle idea so much. It really does keep the taste so much more pure, and the odor from drinking non-water drinks is not a constant residue like it was in my reusable plastic bottles.
– Flip-top lid: You can use this one-handed. The lid pushes up and away from the bottle opening and you can drink without it hitting you in the face, or losing the cap. Fantastic!
– No Spills: I use my bottles on the go and at home. We have large dogs – and a blind dog – so we occasionally have spills. Also, we live in the country with horses and we get bugs like flies in the summer. Even if it’s just one that gets inside, it’s the one that goes in fresh-made iced coffee!!
– Grippy Protection: This sleeve works great. It makes it easy to hold the bottle and it provides decent protection from bumps and jostles of everyday use. You – or your toddler – drop this on the tile and it may still break. It’s GLASS. Even plastic, the glassy type, could still shatter if dropped wrong on tile.
– Easy to clean: So many travel mugs aren’t DW safe. Especially coffee tumblers or insulated containers. They can be great but if it’s a pain to wash em… or if someone who isn’t paying attention tosses them in the DW and breaks em… well, that stinks. This is easy to wash. Just remove the lid, open the lid so the soap can get all inside it (including that spot some people are getting black mold) and pop it all in the top rack.
– Tip #1: With many items that the DW doesn’t thoroughly dry like cups, tupperware or anything with crevices or things that catch water like lips or indents – Dry this on a dish rack and let it dry all the way before sealing it back up again. This also should help prevent mold growth.
– Tip #2: Get a couple for each person using the bottles. You can then easily rotate each day for cleaning and drying out.
– Affordable: Compared to the $30+ a pop when I first saw these bottles years ago, this is a nice price, and you can probably afford to get a couple (which helps keep them clean as per above). The MSRP seems to be $14.99. I got my first two at a Target and liked them so well I grabbed a couple online here at Amazon. One was on sale, the other was MSRP. I am still very pleased with the product and the price.
– Economical and Environmental: Don’t toss (or recycle) the whole thing if the lid breaks. Grab a new topper! Ello Syndicate Glass Water Bottle Replacement Lid, Coral. If not available on Amazon (they were before but aren’t now) you can likely order from the company directly.
– I have dropped mine – on to the carpet but it smacked on it’s side on the table, hit the wall and then the carpet – twice now and it was fine. The only thing that occurred was that, one time, the seal popped inside the cap and it leaked a bit. I was drinking a carbonated beverage (Emergen-C and Alka Seltzer for my sinus that were messed up from a recent, nearby fire) and that and the tumble and fall from standing desk height caused the temporary leak.
Design changes I would like:
Handle: Although the little ribbon handle is sturdy it seems a tiny bit too short (and I have small female hands). I would like it to be long enough to work like a wristlet. It also is fabric, so every time you wash it, it remains wet. You can *mostly* dry it, but you have to put effort into that – squeezing it with a dish towel repeatedly – and it will remain damp for a little while. When I hand rinse between uses of one bottle on the same day this is annoying. I wish it were plastic or silicon or rubber. Anything less porous than a grosgain ribbon.
Option for a shorter/fatter bottle with this same lid and silicon sheathing. As mentioned, I use these at home and on the go. On the go this model is perfection – it fits in even my teeny weeny cart cupholders. At home it is more likely to topple due to it’s height and tiny footprint. I would LOVE a model this design, this size (maybe bigger honestly though! 32oz!) but stubby so it can’t tip over.
Bottom line: I love this bottle and the price is right! I highly recommend it and will likely get more in the future – particularly if they make a large stubby model of the Syndicate! 😉